Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

Didn't you say that you were gentle with your toys? :ph34r:

LOL.

This thread is slowly dissuading me from getting into this line. Glad I haven't pulled the trigger on the VF-1A Hikaru preorder yet.

As usual, plenty of time and plenty of releases for Yamato to iron out the kinks--loose leg fins, delicate shoulders, etc. At least it seems like the backpack hinge is sturdy this time around.

I Voted for: "Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints."

YES. Mine is NOT BROKEN. I found out that it was MISSING the NOSE WHEEL TIRES!!! :angry: .....

Picture(s) will follow later...

I Voted for: "Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints."

YES. Mine is NOT BROKEN. I found out that it was MISSING the NOSE WHEEL TIRES!!! :angry: .....

Picture(s) will follow later...

Woah! That sucks!

That added to the missing head that another member reported....

Regardless of the reports I will still be getting the VF-1J Hikaru and the VF-1D and hope that things are better by then.

At this point I am hoping that Yamato's QC guy is watching this thread. The missing parts like the head and the wheel are probably factory issues that hopefully someone will communicate to the factory that they have to be a bit more careful. Then the seemingly fragile shoulder bit, maybe they can fix by updating the design for the next run.

It would be cool to know if Yamato is on to these things already.

It would be reassuring to us fans/customers if Yamato could communicate to us that they are on to it and what steps they are taking.

But then again they are probably really tired of all of us Macrossworld complainers.

LOL.

This thread is slowly dissuading me from getting into this line. Glad I haven't pulled the trigger on the VF-1A Hikaru preorder yet.

As usual, plenty of time and plenty of releases for Yamato to iron out the kinks--loose leg fins, delicate shoulders, etc. At least it seems like the backpack hinge is sturdy this time around.

The meek will follow the masses

:ph34r:

Regardless of the reports I will still be getting the VF-1J Hikaru and the VF-1D and hope that things are better by then.

At this point I am hoping that Yamato's QC guy is watching this thread. The missing parts like the head and the wheel are probably factory issues that hopefully someone will communicate to the factory that they have to be a bit more careful. Then the seemingly fragile shoulder bit, maybe they can fix by updating the design for the next run.

It would be cool to know if Yamato is on to these things already.

It would be reassuring to us fans/customers if Yamato could communicate to us that they are on to it and what steps they are taking.

But then again they are probably really tired of all of us Macrossworld complainers.

:lol::lol::lol: I love you Miriya. You always put it straight! I won't let these little things persuade me otherwise from getting more of this line. I dig the new 1/60 VF-1 and I want to own them all. EVERYLAST ONE I SAY!!! ALL OF THEM!!! ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! :blink:

But no really....I would really get all of them.

:lol::lol::lol: I love you Miriya. You always put it straight! I won't let these little things persuade me otherwise from getting more of this line. I dig the new 1/60 VF-1 and I want to own them all. EVERYLAST ONE I SAY!!! ALL OF THEM!!! ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! :blink:

But no really....I would really get all of them.

You are totally freakin nutz! and that is why I love you too.

And the non-meek will be whooshing around slightly broken/slightly gimpy valks...or re-selling them on eBay when the improved versions hit.

word.

Missing heads and tires. It's probably some guy at the factory line stealing bits at a time, slowly building his own valk at home, piece by piece.

LOL!!! :lol:

First post so may as well be here and provide a use.

I just recently got my 1/60 v2 Roy with Super/Strike which is my first official "Canon" VF1. I also have a 25th Ann 1/48 VF1 and Jetfire to compare with.

I have voted that mine is perfect:

I can't find any physical faults with it and all tampo printing appears straight and clear.

I'm so pleased with this release that I will embark on a collecting frenzy of the 1/60 series as it comes out.

I bought my VF-1S last Wed... Here's a photo of the Missing Rubber Tires I was talking about:

i had to check mine when i read your post. hey bro, you in the PH? where did you buy it from? maybe you can ask for a replacement or at least some tires for your valk.

I'm so pleased with this release that I will embark on a collecting frenzy of the 1/60 series as it comes out.

good for you! :rolleyes:

Welcome to MWB GC.

Glad to hear there were no probs with yours. It seems overall these are not plagued by the probs of the early VF-0 releases so hopefully that means the 1/60 VF-11 (plus future vf-1 releases) will be good too.

Since 1/60 SV-51 that is when things started to get good I think.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I bought my VF-1S last Wed... Here's a photo of the Missing Rubber Tires I was talking about:

Where did you get yours? Im waiting for the VF-1A and I dont want to get into these much trouble of replacing the toy :unsure:

Finally got me 2 of these guys

so far nothing broken but again the skulls are crooked

yeah not really a big deal but it would have been nice if

they were straight . Other wise its a really nice figure

Not sure yet if this is better than the 1/48th.

I'm happy i have it.

Finally got me 2 of these guys

so far nothing broken but again the skulls are crooked

yeah not really a big deal but it would have been nice if

they were straight . Other wise its a really nice figure

Not sure yet if this is better than the 1/48th.

I'm happy i have it.

I sold my YF-21 to fund a Roy1S Strike/Super. The stand alone Roy I have has straight skulls. If this one that I'm getting has crooked skulls, it will end up wearing the fast packs...permanently.

Otherwise, I'll just have to decide, lol. :p

-Kyp

Has anyone or does anyone do diecast repro parts? I'd love to replace those shoulder pieces with metal. Not that metal is impervious to breakage (Yes, Yamato Garland, I'm talking about you) but metal hinges would have to be better in this case. The shoulders are still fine on mine but I really resent the fact that I have to hold my breath and quicken my pulse every time I want to pose an arm.

I'd like to report that my Strike/Super Roy 1S is perfect, no broken shoulders and straight skulls.

I'd also like to note that on this one the edges of the inner cockpit side mirrors don't rub the inside of the canopy like the stand alone did.

To those of you who got crappy skulls with your Strike version, that must have been an isolated incident that was caught and fixed at some point in the run as mine is freakin'

flawless.

*Edit*

And I can't even begin to tell you how sweet it is to have two Roy's sitting on flexi-stands on each corner of my computer desk as I type this....one wearing the Fast Packs & reaction missiles, and the other bare bones with just the gun pod. :D

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

And I can't even begin to tell you how sweet it is to have two Roy's sitting on flexi-stands on each corner of my computer desk as I type this....one wearing the Fast Packs & reaction missiles, and the other bare bones with just the gun pod. :D

-Kyp

You just did begin... :p

Hey, would people with "perfectly straight" skulls post pics? I just opened mine up, and it seems the same as Graham/Swoosh's--slightly tilted on the right fin only. Also---has anybody pointed out that the gunpod is printed the same as the Revoltech, so that one side is right side up for each mode? (which also makes one side upside down for each mode). No missing parts so far, but haven't transformed it.

Kyp--I think yours matches mine---lining up the fin edges to your pic, mine then has a vertical skull---but that's because the valk itself isn't quite level at that point, but slightly nose-down.

Try this---fold the fins over each other. Then see how the skulls look.

(I have an incredibly critical eye for things like this, so I'm curious and picky, about both mine and other's, for comparison)

Mine is missing a small piece of the left leg fin (the forward/yellow "base" of the fin, the non-pivoting portion). I combed through the box but, if it was ever loose in there, it isn't any longer.

As I'd very much like to fix this, has anybody parted out a broken VF-1S? Is there ANY chance that one of you guys in the 9% might have a spare off of a broken valk that you'd be willing to sell?

Thanks,

DG

ghostryder---mine's exactly like yours I think (to the point that camera/angle distortion is the biggest thing I notice). Left perfect (or darn close to it), right just a tiny bit off. IMHO, the people reporting "both straight" are just less critical than I am, and have them like mine, Graham, swoosh, and yours. I notice that the one in the instruction manual's like that too. I'm betting 90%+ are just like these, with only a few rare "off" ones.