Macross Frontier Girls Part 3

Vinnie

This is a poll up to episode 15, will post again in another 5 episodes.  

108 members have voted

1. 1. This Frontier Girl is my favorite so far....

• Sheryl Nome
    • Klan Klan
    • Ranka Lee
    • Nanase Matsuura
    • Cathy Glass
    • Nene Rora
    • Raramia Rerenia
    • Monica Lange
    • Mina Roshan
    • Grace O'Connor
    • Kanaria Berstein
    • Ram Hoa
    • All of the above one at a time again. Third time's a charm, right?
    • All the Zentraedi Babes (Pixie Sq) at once!
    • None of the above
    • Dude these are cartoon characters. You guys are sick!
    • Still not sure.

I had mentioned in the first frontier girls thread that I wanted to conduct the poll every 5 episodes to see how fan opinion of the girls changed over time, and then we could run some statistics at the end of the series. 5 Episodes later, not much had changed according to the second poll, though it looks like Klan Klan's support got bigger (all inuendo intended.) I am most curious to see if Sheryl loses some ground to Ranka with MWers as she's done with Alto. However, Sheryl's Valkyrie piloting in Episodes 13 & 14 may have saved more than just her life.

For (some semblence of) statistical completeness the same choices have remained in the poll. Alto Hime and Bobby have not been included because of that reason, and well, they have a Y chromosome. KIA's have also remained as valid options. This is a universe where cloning is a viable alternative to necrophilia after all.

Also not to be confused with Miss Macross Frontier Contest, Round 2 (episode 14-19) which is more of a speculative thread and poll on who Alto should end up with rather than a comprehensive fan popularity poll. Interestingly enough, given a limited set a choices and the ability to select multiple answers it seems Sheryl's popularity remains about the same and Ranka's improves. So can we infer that Klan and Nanase siphon away Ranka votes, or is it that most Sheryl fans are much like Alto and if not forced to choose one would simply take both? B))

EDIT: Doh! Forgot to change the thread title to Part 3...

Edited by Vinnie

2 polls are currently in progress. Unless one of the OPs of the other 2 polls wishes to end their poll, this one ends. If one of the other poll ends, I'll unlock this one.

Geez, how many of these do we need? I still like them all. Though I'm still unsure on Sheryl (refresher course helped a lot though), and Ranka's becoming a bit of question mark. I think the stupid debates and fan posturing between them are killing both characters for me, especially Sheryl. For the fun of it, I'm going to vote Grace, as she's become rather interesting, and had some great lines.

Kudos to the person that voted Cathy. she gets next to no love (though being a bit character, that's to be expected I guess).

As for results, I expect Ranka to do better, but it'll stay mostly the same otherwise. People get set in their ways, particularly halfway in no matter what the development. So barring any major plot change, I don't see many converts happening. Sort of how my early stigma towards Sheryl is partly the reason why I'm not gaga over her.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Hopes and dreams!

Kudos to the person that voted Cathy. she gets next to no love (though being a bit character, that's to be expected I guess).

I like Cathy... but with the lack of time and attention spent on her it's kinda hard to vote her over someone like Sheryl, I thought she would be more involved in the show after Deculture...

As for results, I expect Ranka to do better, but it'll stay mostly the same otherwise. People get set in their ways, particularly halfway in no matter what the development. So barring any major plot change, I don't see many converts happening. Sort of how my early stigma towards Sheryl is partly the reason why I'm not gaga over her.

Sheryl isn't invincible to me, I can name a few things she'd do that'll make me dislike her in an instant. Thing is, no other character in the show is interesting (for me), save for Grace. That's my biggest problem with Frontier - the characters are so-so. And it's already halfway in! The characters in Macross Plus left a bigger impression on me in a few minutes than what I've seen in Frontier for 16 episodes.

I have finally accepted Sheryl as a very cute, sexy, and sweet character who has drastically changed from her stuck-up persona at the beginning of the series. I've added her to the Harem. :D

HaremForever.... :rolleyes:

Too bad... you can vote just once

I'm as predictable as always...

Same here. ^_^

And the current result is as predictable as ever.

My thought exactly ^_^

Our favorite MF Girls so far ... How can it change even after 5 episode ? It's really seldom to see people switch their mind mostly with Macross Girls.

It's not like the former poll with who's gonna end up with who but who do you like the best ?! Poor Ranka, against Grace she can still stand up but with you she is definitely dead and buried :D

Yeah, I really thought things would've changed by this point. Even I came close to voting for Ranka on this one...

Perhaps I should abort the study and the Part 4 question should be phrased as:

So Sheryl says to you "I want a threesome, you pick the girl:"

The Sheryl option is removed, and the current list of girls is replaced with "Sheryl and..." that may get a more interesting set of results.

Although, the Klan supporters haven't turned out yet and we're almost 50 votes in...

I pick Sheryl because I love her charater art design...

Do you really? I think that's the reason why I don't like Sheryl, is because of her design. I just can't place my finger on exactly what about her design that bothers me, but something does. <_<

Also, what happened to Nanase's fans? She only got 2 votes, and poor Klan has none. As for me, nothing has changed.

RANKA!!!!!! :lol:

Make sure you vote for the right girl

Yeah, I really thought things would've changed by this point. Even I came close to voting for Ranka on this one...

Close to... :D

Perhaps I should abort the study and the Part 4 question should be phrased as:

So Sheryl says to you "I want a threesome, you pick the girl:"

The Sheryl option is removed, and the current list of girls is replaced with "Sheryl and..." that may get a more interesting set of results.

You should do it but it will be boycott at some point ^_^

Although, the Klan supporters haven't turned out yet and we're almost 50 votes in...

They are few, but i think for some who claim the loli kind ,klan klan micronized is cute but seems more young than Ranka.

Do you really? I think that's the reason why I don't like Sheryl, is because of her design. I just can't place my finger on exactly what about her design that bothers me, but something does.

:blink: You're an exception :)

Here's my order of preference in regards to personality/looks/attitude:

- Klan

- Cathy

- Sheryl

- Grace

Others are cute and such but these are the top 4. :D

MY HAREM!!!!

:lol: You have voted ? Such a traitor :p

Then how come Klan has 0 votes, if she's your number 1? :huh:

Number 1 in macronized form surely :D

Do you really? I think that's the reason why I don't like Sheryl, is because of her design. I just can't place my finger on exactly what about her design that bothers me, but something does. <_<

While not a design flaw perhaps, I sometimes find her eyebrows as looking a little weird (too thick?). Strange as most of the time that's not an issue.. I guess it's due to half a dozen different groups being behind the animation.

While not a design flaw perhaps, I sometimes find her eyebrows as looking a little weird (too thick?). Strange as most of the time that's not an issue.. I guess it's due to half a dozen different groups being behind the animation.

Her eyebrows in the DC concert scene in episode 6 were appalling, hopefully that gets redrawn for dvd.

For the fun of it, I'm going to vote Grace, as she's become rather interesting, and had some great lines.

1 person voted for Grace....I see they like their fake women.

Just a joke I think. I will however take this opportunity to point out that I was dumb enough to vote for her in the first poll. So she has a cell phone in her head - what could possibly be the harm in that... Anyway, I'm currently undecided but I know that I want Sheryl to kick some deserving butts and that Ranka does absolutely nothing for me (prepares to be tarred & feathered).

For the fun of it, I'm going to vote Grace, as she's become rather interesting, and had some great lines.

I dunno, the fact that she sprouts tentacles can be a bit off putting.

However, as a celphone/tentacle hentai monster/rogue AI/manager who also happens to the Final Cylon and the Boss as well as a member of Section 9, SEELE and the Patriots, she can't help but be interesting.

Edited by d3v

I don't think that's an animation error - it's a fairly consistent trait, and I believe it is a conscious choice.

It underscores that Sheryl is a manly woman.

VFTF1