Graham reviews the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1

Shawn

You'll have to order the fast packs and the stand alone valk separately, cause the super VF-1A is already sold out huh.gif

Which is fine, as long as I get it. Having an all in one pack is convient but the price is decent enough to me that I don't mind as long as they do have them.

thought i missed the boat on the VF-1S strike set (after foolishly cancelling my early bird), but managed to replace the order at HLJ last friday and just got payment request today. so those looking for this set and finding it out of stock elsewhere, seems HLJ still has some stock left.

So, Jenius, the legs actually extend at the knee?

I can't tell if I was just handling it too gingerly at first and just not clicking the joint far enough or if there is a little give and it extends. Now that I know how it's supposed to be it seems to get that way just through the act of transforming (it might have just been really tight with new-ness also).

Damn, HLJ missent my VF-1 along with other goodies and got returned... I payed EMS for it, does anyone know how long it takes HLJ to resend the item??

Off topic a bit, but how the frak did they mis send your package? I ask because I just ordered from them and paid yesterday. And I KNOW that my addy on file with them is correct.

-Kyp

Off topic a bit, but how the frak did they mis send your package? I ask because I just ordered from them and paid yesterday. And I KNOW that my addy on file with them is correct.

-Kyp

Oh that's just joyous. I am almost a week in after getting my sent notice, and it still hasn't shown up. This better not have happened to me too. I will go ballistic.

Got my VF-1S/Strike packs v2.0 today and....WOW!

Best paint application ever. Totally sharp, no smudging, lots of little detail pre tampoed, perfect!

It's tight and everything fits together very well. I only put on the Strike packs and haven't transformed it yet, but from what I can tell, everything clicks into place very securely. You can hold it by the Strike packs and zoom it around the room, that's how well it's constructed.

Love the 0.2 mm panellines.

Rainbow canopy looks nice but I could have done without it.

I still need to transform it but from what I've seen, I might have to sell my 1/48's... :rolleyes:

You know, I've been looking at the new 1/60 for so long now that when I see a pic if the 1/48's, they look like they have dick-noses in fighter and gerwalk modes, lol. :lol:

-Kyp

If by that you mean the 1/48 nose looks way too long now (and even a bit droopy), I'm seeing the same thing.

I'm still waiting for my 1/60 to arrive and I think I'm going to keep my 1/48's, so I'll ask again

has anyone tried putting the 1/60 articulated or fixed hands on the 1/48? Are the pegs the same size?

reason I ask is because if they fit, I might want to recast the 1/60 hands to put on my 1/48's

thanks in advance

Edited by chowyunskinny

-Kyp

I don't know, here's what the tracking info says:

Your item was returned to the sender on August 4, 2008 because it was not claimed by the addressee.

I'm so pissed! :angry: :angry:

What's your location, are you in the U.S. too?

-Kyp

Yep. I am in Virginia. I changed the send to address to my office, since I am here more than at home. I did that long before they shipped the item though. It too nearly a week for them to fix the screw up with my payment. their system was telling me that I hadn't paid, whereas I had a boatload of information stating otherwise. I do shipping and receiving for my company. I know how long this stuff can take. If HMV can get me my friggin Macross Chronicle stuff in two days, this god-damned plane shouldn't take this long. I paid $140.00. That isn't a trivial sum to me.

Argh. This is frustrating.

I believe the answer is Yes! I just tried. Not as snug of a fit on the 1/48, but looks decent. Here's one on a 1/48 stealth:post-6213-1217974186_thumb.jpg

Here's the included 1/48 stealth hands next to the included 1/60 hands:

post-6213-1217974181_thumb.jpg

I forgot to try the 1/60 articulated hands, but if the fixed ones fit I'm sure they (articulated hands) would too.

I'm still waiting for my 1/60 to arrive and I think I'm going to keep my 1/48's, so I'll ask again

has anyone tried putting the 1/60 articulated or fixed hands on the 1/48? Are the pegs the same size?

reason I ask is because if they fit, I might want to recast the 1/60 hands to put on my 1/48's

thanks in advance

Edited by Jepoyako

I believe the answer is Yes! I just tried. Not as snug of a fit on the 1/48, but looks decent. Here's one on a 1/48 stealth:

I forgot to try the 1/60 articulated hands, but if the fixed ones fit I'm sure they (articulated hands) would too.

Thank you Jepoyako, you rock sir! B))

Yep. I am in Virginia. I changed the send to address to my office, since I am here more than at home. I did that long before they shipped the item though. It too nearly a week for them to fix the screw up with my payment. their system was telling me that I hadn't paid, whereas I had a boatload of information stating otherwise. I do shipping and receiving for my company. I know how long this stuff can take. If HMV can get me my friggin Macross Chronicle stuff in two days, this god-damned plane shouldn't take this long. I paid $140.00. That isn't a trivial sum to me.

Argh. This is frustrating.

I paid $126 for mine (Non-Fast Pack Roy with EMS shipping) and I don't think it's a trivial sum either. Fortunately where the payment is concerned, they sent me a confirmation email the same day letting me know they got my payment. Last time I checked my order status, they were processing it at the warehouse for shipping.

So maybe this will go reasonably smooth for me.

-Kyp

I believe the answer is Yes! I just tried. Not as snug of a fit on the 1/48, but looks decent. Here's one on a 1/48 stealth:post-6213-1217974186_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1217974181_thumb.jpg

That's really cool! Finally the chicken 1/48 hands will be put to rest. :p

I paid $126 for mine (Non-Fast Pack Roy with EMS shipping) and I don't think it's a trivial sum either. Fortunately where the payment is concerned, they sent me a confirmation email the same day letting me know they got my payment. Last time I checked my order status, they were processing it at the warehouse for shipping.

So maybe this will go reasonably smooth for me.

-Kyp

I hope so. I really want this darn plane. Sigh.

Well scratch it, I was gonna order Hikaru's VF-1A but my bank decided to hit me with 400 dollars of OD fees and for some reason HLJ was lazy on clearing into my account and it almost looks like a double charge but it's not. Then I got a 5 dollar fee for something else from them dating back to the 8th but cleared the 31st.

So I'm f'ed until September.

Doesn't that mean that no one answered the door when they came to deliver?

hmm...should've posted the detail from USPS, here it is

Detailed Results:

Bullet Unclaimed

Bullet International Dispatch, August 04, 2008, 6:33 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

Bullet Missent, August 04, 2008, 2:40 pm

Bullet Inbound International Arrival, August 02, 2008, 3:13 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Bullet Foreign International Dispatch, August 01, 2008, 4:22 am, TOKYO INT, JAPAN

Bullet Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Bullet Foreign Acceptance, July 31, 2008, 4:43 pm, JAPAN

so...anyone?? how long does it take HLJ to reship me my damn VF-1!! I don't have to pay anything extra right?! <_<

Nice discovery Jepoyako but can the 1/60 hands hold the 1/48 gunpod without modification or force?

Fixed pose V.2 hand with 1/48 gunpod=too snug, needs force to attach

post-6213-1218055188_thumb.jpg

post-6213-1218055194_thumb.jpg

Articulated V.2 hand with 1/48 gunpod=too loose, falls off when attached to valk

post-6213-1218055201_thumb.jpg

Articulated V.2 hand on 1/48 stealth w/out gunpod

post-6213-1218055207_thumb.jpg

:( I think I may have screwed up my fixed pose 1/60 hands. The 1/60 gunpod fits loose after attaching the 1/48 gunpod. Use caution if you wanna try this!!!!!! <_<