Graham reviews the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1

Shawn

I'll wait for a 2nd release. With the head, i'll wait till i see some more posing, or get ahold of the hIkky 1S and decide for myself if it's a hit or miss. :D

I think the added poseability should probably make up for all of it.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Looks great, and I was begining to come up with excuses to get one....then I looked at my shelves above my desk and noted 3 1/48 Fokers in my collection.

I doubt I will pull the trigger on a 1/60 version.

If they release a 1/60 VF-11 I am all over though!

Can someone who has one of these babies post a specific pose for me? I want to see how this New V.2 1/60 VF-1S looks in the pose like the pic I am attaching here....

post-4840-1216677991_thumb.jpg

Edited by miriya

I don't buy 100.00 plus anime toys anymore..

1/60 I bet will go down in price later imo since the vf-1 is a popular mecha. Just make one mold and repaint it.

If they release a 1/60 VF-11 I am all over though!

It's official that one is coming. What you should be concentrating on complaining about is that there is still no Reactive armor for the vf-0S. Come on yamato you cheap asses. Complete roy's weapons first. He is the most popular and recognisable pilot. The original skull 1. Even though I think Ivanov's valk looks cooler.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The reactive armor only showed up for 5 secs. Even the GBP had more screen-time. And the VF-11's had more than that. But they all still fall under the "Star Wars cantina alien" category--people ask for them, no matter how little-known, unimportant, and barely-seen they are.

The only valk that really needs to have full armor made for it as a toy is the VF-25.

IMHO.

whats with the random shot of the 0A?

Love the other pics though. is the Hikaru paint just a custom or Photoshop?

Hikaru is the "old" 1/48

I think his point is that the 0A has the extended giraffe section just like the new VF-1. It's lineart accurate for the zero, but not for the VF-1.

I don't know about lineart, but yes, just wanted to show the VF-0 is very similar...

The reactive armor only showed up for 5 secs.

..looking cool which is why they should make it happen for the toy. :p If we can't get the vf-11 armor, then yamato should at least make the reactive armor for the zero. They need your money. The skinny valks were designed with upgrade-ability in mind. They are naked without their clothes.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

What you should be concentrating on complaining about is that there is still no Reactive armor for the vf-0S. Come on yamato you cheap asses. Complete roy's weapons first. He is the most popular and recognisable pilot. The original skull 1. Even though I think Ivanov's valk looks cooler.

You are correct sir. Grumble, grumble, haruph, haruph. Where is my VF-0S Reactive Armor Yamato?! Don't force me to grumble anymore. :)

The 1/60 just put me off buying any Yammie products ever again.

I opened the box and found that the head was missing. "OK" I thought, I suppose I can get a replacement or just exchange it. No biggie.

I thought I'd transform it at least once, head or no head.

It took me at least 10 minutes to get the hip bars out of the nose cone when transforming it back it fighter. It just wouldn't come out. On the third transformation (2 hours after getting it) the door fell off when I pulled the hip-bars out and I saw that the hinges had crumbled away.

This is the second Fokker that broke on the first night I got it (that being the 1/48) and the fourth Yamato product that has just broken due to QC/design issues (Fokker 1/48,Garland,VF-0, 1/60 1S) on the first day i got them.

I'm taking up Pachinko. It's a much less risky gamble.

a nightmare

Head missing!? How in the world did that get past the QC guys!? :wacko:

Either you have the worst luck in the world or Yamato's customer service section is going to need more phones. :unsure:

Edited by Vifam7

Either you have the worst luck in the world or Yamato's customer service section is going to need more phones. :unsure:

The QC process is a random process, the QC inspector picks some sample from each batch for insepection, they do not inspect the whole lot.

When did I say a "nightmare"? Huh.

Anyway, I hope that I did just have some really bad luck as I don't want anyone to waste thei money on such a pricey toy.

I was really looking forward to this toy.

LOL. Can we get some pics? Crumbled hinges?

Do you have Shrek sized hands?

No Shrek hands.

I was very careful with it the whole time. Still broke. Guess I'll have more money for Mospeada beagles and Clessics 2.0 now. Oh, and Animated.

Edited by Alex

When did I say a "nightmare"? Huh.

Anyway, I hope that I did just have some really bad luck as I don't want anyone to waste thei money on such a pricey toy.

I was really looking forward to this toy.

I inserted that because it would be my idea of a nightmare. ^^;; A hundred and some odd bucks for a toy only to find out a major piece is missing and breaks on the first day...

I feel for ya.

Edited by Vifam7

OT, but... mr.chogokin, what Gurren Lagaann figure is that in your avatar? I need one!

Sorry to butt in but it's:

1. Konami Impact Model Lagann

2. Konami MMS Yoko

The neck isn't long cuz it's designed for two seaters, its long cuz the nose slides up to make it shorter in battroid mode. So it's either the long nosecone of the 1/48's or the long neck of the 1/60's...

If you went to this year's con, you would have thought twice before making that statement. ^_^

The 1/60 just put me off buying any Yammie products ever again.

I opened the box and found that the head was missing. "OK" I thought, I suppose I can get a replacement or just exchange it. No biggie.

I thought I'd transform it at least once, head or no head.

It took me at least 10 minutes to get the hip bars out of the nose cone when transforming it back it fighter. It just wouldn't come out. On the third transformation (2 hours after getting it) the door fell off when I pulled the hip-bars out and I saw that the hinges had crumbled away.

This is the second Fokker that broke on the first night I got it (that being the 1/48) and the fourth Yamato product that has just broken due to QC/design issues (Fokker 1/48,Garland,VF-0, 1/60 1S) on the first day i got them.

I'm taking up Pachinko. It's a much less risky gamble.

The head could have fallen off during packaging. From all the protoype pics, there has never been a designated screw to retain the head in place.

Can someone post a pic?

I was a member back in '02 and back. I originally purchased the first batch of VF Macross figs in the 1/60 scale. I'm so glad that Yamato decided to go back to that scale and make it a "perfect" 3rd version! Although the 1/48's do look good, just thought it was too big. So I can't wait when I get my order in from HLJ. Glad to be back!

The head could have fallen off during packaging. From all the protoype pics, there has never been a designated screw to retain the head in place.

Can someone post a pic?

The head is obviously supposed to be simply slotted on to the neck. It's to allow for the detachable nose caone feature.