Graham reviews the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1

Shawn

Tks Graham for the great reviews, looking fwd receiving my order soon. Beside Hikaru next release, the different skull colours for the fast pack seem a sure sign we will see a Max & Kakizaki release too!

Edited by Javabean

Great Review,

So, from what Graham was saying, it is a two-seat design. Lets have a preview of what's next to come in the valk line ;)

thanks for the pics and if you don't mind me borrowing it and edit it a bit.

post-3479-1216567483_thumb.jpg

Enjoy and start dreaming about it.

ikhii

Wow! I can't believe I'm typing this, but it looks like my 1/48's will be transitioning back into their boxes as well replaced with 1/60's as they are released! I am stunned at how perfect this thing is!

:blink:

OO

BLASPHEMY! :angry: You will anger the 1/48 gods. :rolleyes::p I am only putting one 1/60 on display with my other 1/60s but the 1/48s will stay displayed.

Looks good, I'll probably pick up some that are variants that weren't released regularly for the 1/48. I'll display my 1/48s by themselves, and then have a 1/60 section.

come on officer's pod...my old matchbox pales when sitting next to my q-rau

Hmmn--both Swoosh's and Graham's have the right fin skull a bit crooked---and I am VERY picky about that---I may wait for a second run. Of course, it could get worse with the next run.

PS---hey Yamato--what's up with the bright shiny silver screws? All the other VF-1's and the YF-19 etc use dull black screws which are FAR less obvious. Use black ones next time!!!!!!

PPS--why no printing on the boosters? They even did that on the early 1/60.

Hmmn--both Swoosh's and Graham's have the right fin skull a bit crooked---and I am VERY picky about that---I may wait for a second run. Of course, it could get worse with the next run.

PS---hey Yamato--what's up with the bright shiny silver screws? All the other VF-1's and the YF-19 etc use dull black screws which are FAR less obvious. Use black ones next time!!!!!!

PPS--why no printing on the boosters? They even did that on the early 1/60.

I didn't really notice the crooked right skull, since niether posted a straight-on shot of the right fin (until recently), but you are right. Yamato got it right on the VF-0S and a few select 1/48 runs, why couldn't they get their act together on this one, given all the other QC improvements??

Whenever I get mine, I'm using flat paint to touch up the screws.

Edited by ghostryder

the YF-19 and 21, and the VF-0S are all 1/60 why does the 1/60 VF-1S look so tiny?

Because it is in scale to the YF-19 and YF-21. Check out the stats on the Macross Compendium, the VF-1 Valkyrie is a small fighter. The VF-0, SV-51, YF-19, and YF-21 are much bigger. The VF-11 is being retconned to be larger than the stats in the Compendium, as Kawamori feels he made the size stats too small.