Mass Effect

Game Informer's Mass Effect 3 page has a ton of goodies on it, the best being 7 video interviews (that all together clock in at just under an hour). They cover everything from the origin of the game, to voice work and sound design, to character design, and how much attention that pay to feedback from the first two games.

You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you are a ME fan and don't check it out.

Game Informer: Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3 will be released in the first three months of 2012. The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone’s expectations.” - Casey Hudson, Executive Producer Mass Effect series

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&note_id=10150180010521601#!/media/set/?set=a.10150170133576645.300911.85811091644

Ok, back to sleep...

Cool, I hope they take their time and release a product that is more in keeping with their reputation and not something that's more like sort of stuff EA makes... I'm looking at you, dragon age 2. <_<

Hey, didn't "massive patch version 2" just get released? I'm waiting for patch #3 myself before starting it again...

The first patch was just to fix the boring prince DLC, right? I didn't notice anything in patch 2 about fixing haste (as in not hasting EVERYONE) so I figure I'll wait until there's a big, juicy DLC to play.

Personally I like the new paintjob. The Normandy should not have Cerberus branding on it...ever. I don't care if they built the SR-2. Additionally, I'm pretty stoked Cerberus is against Shep in 3m hopefully we get a chance to confront the Illusive Man on our own terms this time. I didn't like him at all, and I especially didn't like how he tried to dictate his BS to me.

And I'm glad Bioware has pushed back 3. Polish that game to a mirror finish. Flesh out everything appropriately (like being able to have a friendship with crew mates and not just multiple romances like you had with Jack) and don't fall prey to EA syndrome. Take all the time you need to make this the perfect ME experience and the perfect ending to this trilogy.

Personally I like the new paintjob. The Normandy should not have Cerberus branding on it...ever. I don't care if they built the SR-2. Additionally, I'm pretty stoked Cerberus is against Shep in 3m hopefully we get a chance to confront the Illusive Man on our own terms this time. I didn't like him at all, and I especially didn't like how he tried to dictate his BS to me.

And I'm glad Bioware has pushed back 3. Polish that game to a mirror finish. Flesh out everything appropriately (like being able to have a friendship with crew mates and not just multiple romances like you had with Jack) and don't fall prey to EA syndrome. Take all the time you need to make this the perfect ME experience and the perfect ending to this trilogy.

But you gotta admit, Martin Sheen does fit the "ends-justify-the-means" bastard to a "t", doesn't he? I hope there's an option for using one of his cybereyes as an ashtry when you finally confront him as a Renegade.

After my first playthrough of the game, I thought up a character using this quote: "Let's just say if you lock me in a room with that son of a bitch (The Illusive Man), I'll be playing Snooker using his eyeballs when all is said and done." Mind you this character I came up with is a United States Marine Recon trained SOB who was released from some form of stasis six months before the events of the first game. Another line attributable to him would be "I've forgotten more than any of these N7 (euphemism for cats) would ever know."

But you gotta admit, Martin Sheen does fit the "ends-justify-the-means" bastard to a "t", doesn't he? I hope there's an option for using one of his cybereyes as an ashtry when you finally confront him as a Renegade.

After my first playthrough of the game, I thought up a character using this quote: "Let's just say if you lock me in a room with that son of a bitch (The Illusive Man), I'll be playing Snooker using his eyeballs when all is said and done." Mind you this character I came up with is a United States Marine Recon trained SOB who was released from some form of stasis six months before the events of the first game. Another line attributable to him would be "I've forgotten more than any of these N7 (euphemism for cats) would ever know."

Please don't quit your day job.

It'd be cool if Shepard kept the SR-2... But just as it's about to be popped by a group of reapers, another Normandy based on the original design but upgraded to the II's spec commanded by Anderson shows up for the rescue. (Single greatest moment of BSG) :p

It'd be great if we could choose which ship, with each choice having specific strengths and weaknesses. Small and fast - SR-1 design (we know at least one other one exists, the SSV Ain Jalut - rename it like they did for the Defiant on Deep Space 9). Mid range - SR-2. Slow and powerful - an Alliance cruiser or some new design.

I know which one I'd pick. SR-1 or none.

He did bring you back from the dead.

I do agree with Wanzerfan about the ends justify the means. I always had the impression that Cerberus did the things that the Alliance wouldn't and couldn't do.

I just wonder if its all of Cerberus against you or just a handful of Cerberus cells?

I feel that having Cerberus as a major antagonist again greatly diminishes the choice of saving the collector base and getting on the I.Man's good/bad side. Although Cerberus has its share of very ruthless operatives, as a whole the organization is amoral. Jacob, the engineers (or most of the SSV II's crew for that matter), and the secretary of course are certainly not murderers or bad people.

Well, technically Jacob did murder a lot of Eclipse and Blue Suns... xD

I'll really hate it if I saved the base, and then Cerberus turn around and use that tech against me. Ow.

'Cause that tech's done alot to stop us before... oh, wait.

IIRC, Kaiden is confirmed in; that means Ashley has to be. But not sure about the True Love portion.. probably, it's too easy a mark for Bioware to miss.

The smaller number of characters I do welcome. It was a bit crowded on Normandy II and most of the time I ignore a lot of them anyway.

The rest I can live with really. It depends on how good or bad. I'm not a big fan of big worlds only because that means we get silly hovertanks again. :/

Well, technically Jacob did murder a lot of Eclipse and Blue Suns... xD

I'll really hate it if I saved the base, and then Cerberus turn around and use that tech against me. Ow.

It's not murder if you're contracted to kill them, Lynx7725. ;)

Highly unlikely. I think the Illusive Man will sic the base on the Reapers, IMHO, and sending it against the Normandy II is akin to sending a nuke to kill a mosquito. I think all Shepard has to worry about is the random assassin Cerberus sends his way. Oh, you said the tech, well, that's a horse of a different color. All I'll say is that if Cerberus decides to use that tech against you, you do have a few choices (if you're a Soldier or an infiltrator, anyway) The Widow or the Collector Partilce Beam. :evil:

Here comes the PS3 ME Comic

A bit mixed reaction. I don't intend to get ME until the ME3 big box (you know that's coming), so I probably will pick this up... but most of my ME2 builds are done and I'm not keen to redo my Paragon Sniper from this.

Hmm. Paragon Sniper, Renegade Adept, Dominate Engineer (in progress). I suppose I can do one for Soldier, Vanguard or Sentinel. I can see why for Soldier and Vanguard, anyone has any reason why I should do a Sentinel?

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta admit, I was pretty ambivalent about ME3 incorporating the Kinect but I'm liking how they chose to do it.

http://kotaku.com/5808993/mass-effect-3-gets-more-tactical-and-conversational-with-kinect

Its incorporating voice recognition - it can be done on any microphone or headset, its just that Microsoft are trying to brand it as a feature thats only possible because of Kinect when in reality there is nothing hi-tech about the microphone incorporated in the kinect device.

I'd be very surprised if the PS3 and PC versions also did not have this feature without the need for a £100 webcam.

Edited by Nicaragua

Its incorporating voice recognition - it can be done on any microphone or headset, its just that Microsoft are trying to brand it as a feature thats only possible because of Kinect when in reality there is nothing hi-tech about the microphone incorporated in the kinect device.

I'd be very surprised if the PS3 and PC versions also did not have this feature without the need for a £100 webcam.

I never said it was "hi-tech" or anything, just that's it's nice way to integrate a peripheral into the game. :rolleyes: