Mass Effect

It never really bothered me honestly. I think by and large Karpyshyn (the writer of the games/books) views Shepard as a male character, if memory serves, Shepard is even referred to as male in the post ME book. Yes Bioware does give the player a lot of freedom to move and shape the story, and to shape Shepard how they see fit. But it's safe to imagine that they sort of use "their version" for marketing and so forth.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

It's always been that way. I mean, you STILL can't find any FemShep references for ME1, asides from maybe 1 official screenshot. Also, the "official" Shep is featured for a reason---it's pure marketing, they want a "face" for the brand that's iconic and consistent. Mainly to stick in the mind of the casual gamer who only sees the occasional ad and box art. That's why you also don't ever see any other male Sheps. Note that Dragon Age doesn't have an "official" player Grey Warden at all, but they do show Duncan a lot. (plus, they have a really cool blood dragon logo anyways---Mass Effect's logo is merely a silver font)

Anyways--plenty of reports of street date being broken the past day, if you're out and about this weekend, may want to look around. (I won't be, as I'm waiting for my collector's edition)

Also, I noticed that during The Plan, they showed ME 2 ads constantly---and now again during the Caprica premiere---they must think there's an overlap in appeal or something, as it's the only time I see ME 2 ads.(which I of course mute and close my eyes for) :)

I did the Walmart deal via Bing's money back. So I should end up with the game for about $48 and get a $10 gift card to boot! I don't really care about not getting some of the armor. Chances are, there will be MUCH better armor in the game towards the end. Heck, getting new armor was always one of the fun parts in the first one just to see what it looked like.

Don't forget the Blood Dragon armor! Easiest of the "limited" ones to get.

Oddly, I don't get that from Walmart. Or at least they don't mention it.

Edit: Not the Dragon Armor, but the Inferno Armor. My bad for not saying it.

Edited by protostar8

My buddy was able to get his before launch, aside from work, he has just played ME2 since like last Thursday. He says it's amazing, but that's all he'll reveal. Oh and he did give me a 40ish hour time frame without finishing his first playthrough, so I'm stoked about that.

No retailer has Blood Dragon armor for ME2--you get it from having Dragon Age's. And almost every retailer gave out Blood Dragon armor for DA:O.
You get the Blood Dragon armor for Mass Effect 2 by inputting the code on the other side of the card that had the Stone Prisoner DLC code in your Dragon Age: Origins case (you have to do it in DA:O, though, it seems that Mass Effect 2 reads your DA:O data).

Wooh.

<<<<<<<<<<

Scheduled Delivery Date: 01/26/2010

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Much like FedEx's online tracking system, this will lead to pure insanity:

*clicks refresh* Aww, still in Memphis.

*clicks refresh* Aww, still in ^*#(@ Memphis!

^_^

That's nothing. I check flights into my airport from the shipping hubs, trying to watch for delays. :) Flightaware.com

Memphis is KMEM, for FedEx. Louisville is KSDF, for UPS.

Yeah... I think I'm just going to head over to Gamestop tonight. The one by my place is doing the midnight thing.

Not that I'll have time to play it. I have to be at work at 8:30 tomorrow, and after I get off work I'm supposed to go to a friend's place until 9:00 or 10:00. And then I've got errands to run on Wednesday...

Yeah... I think I'm just going to head over to Gamestop tonight. The one by my place is doing the midnight thing.

Not that I'll have time to play it. I have to be at work at 8:30 tomorrow, and after I get off work I'm supposed to go to a friend's place until 9:00 or 10:00. And then I've got errands to run on Wednesday...

*points and laughs*

I have three glorious days off, so I get to spend two of them playing ME2 ^_^

Better work fast, since there's fourteen hours, forty-four minutes, seventeen seconds left until ME2 is in my grubby little hands ^_^

Well, you might get to have three days off (two of which you can play), but my copy is safely in my possession as I type this.

And my buddy canceled on me, so I get to play when I get home from work. :D

aw man. I still haven't finished the game on uber mode or hit lvl 60. must grind away
I played one character through twice killing almost everything on foot (yes even Thresher Maws) and was only at 59 end game but I didn't have Pinnacle Station at the time or even Bring Down the Sky for my first play through. Will being 60 even do anything for the second game? or are you just a gamer score whore :lol:

Same here---2 plays on same character, ended on 59. Level 60 WILL get a specific bonus in ME 2. AFAIK the bonuses are for levels 40, 50, and 60. And they are picky--you have to have won with the character. I started yet one more playthrough and just blew through to Therum, and got Liara in the party in barely over an hour and hit level 60, as the beginning of the game has a TON of plot XP points. But it would have taken hours and hours and hours of playing at the end of the previous playthrough to go from 59 to 60. So I got my level 60 achievement/gamer score, but it won't count for ME 2. I've heard of people starting at 54 and not making it to 60. I went from 51 to 59. (and that's with every XP bonus there is)

Another known bonus in ME 2 is for the "rich" achievement--but that's easy to get before the end of the very first playthrough.

I actually died less on Insanity than Hardcore. Either I got better, or Colossus armor made all the difference.