Miss Macross Frontier Contest II

freya

Who's the lucky girl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Alto's heart by the end of Macross Frontier?

• Sheryl Nome
    • Ranka Lee
    • Klan Klan
    • Luca lulz
    • None

You know, I never realized how difficult it would be to convince people to like a sweet, long-haired schoolgirl who looks great in thigh-high stockings and has huge

tracts of land

Go figure.

I don't know, Nanase reminds me a of a blow up clown doll. I have this great urge to give her head a push and see if she will roll back up. :lol:

I don't know, Nanase reminds me a of a blow up clown doll. I have this great urge to give her head a push and see if she will roll back up. :lol:

I will admit that, through Nanase, you can kind of tell that the character designer got her start doing hentai (it IS a "her," right?). But she's so sweet, and her glasses are so cute, and she has such an adorable crush on Ranka that I just HAVE to love her.

...and I think I'm starting to sound a little too much like MisaForsaken... :unsure:

Melting characters

You try to make it seem as if Sheryl's appearance is my sole reason for liking her as a character when it isn't. I said that what piqued my interest in her was seeing her character design. This was before I had seen even the first episode so there was no way I could have known what she was like. Plus, being interested in a character does not necessarily mean that I would have actually liked her character. What actually made me like her as a character was when she pulled herself together to appear before the press when she was obviously feeling pretty shitty. It was that show of determination that gave me a hint of what a strong person she would turn out to be

Your claim that Sheryl does not resemble Misa because Sheryl hasn't had a previous love is a pretty tenuous. Being similar does not mean she is a carbon

copy of Misa. By similarity I mean that she gives the impression of being very strong willed career woman who is quite out of her territory when it comes to personal relationships.

I have an inclination to do so, I admit it, since this poll at the beginning was more about popularity for some people but now it seems to change sowly with still a leg up to Sheryl.

I can understand that Sheryl is to your liking( I don't know if it can be write like that... I don't want to be misunterpreted^^ ), both in her character design and her character. If I had be more persistent here, well, I would be biased. !We agree here. But...

The first love part was just a small example to show the most important one about the way they showed the characters. It's obvious that they aren't the same: Misa,Sheryl,Ranka,Minmey but they do share similarities like I said. It's a melting of personalities for me compared with SDF Macross :

Misa + Sheryl = strong personality # Sheryl + Minmey = the pop design kind

Ranka + Misa = the natural behaviour( never too much) # Ranka + Minmey = the damsel in distress girl

For Macross Zero it's actually the same kind of melting :

Sara + Sheryl = 0 interest in love 1th but after it changed # Mao + Sheryl = the same unrequited love(I don't want to be shelled ^_^ but for now..)

Sara + Ranka = power of song with Bird human/Vajra # Mao + Ranka = the loli girl design , easily fascinated , infatuated with a pilot..

Well it's better to illustre it in this way than with words or long sentences I think .

So you don't like Sheryl's sexual persona and prefer the moe-stars that seem to seep out of every one of Ranka's? Come on, they each cater to different segments of the Macross world as well as the TV watching audience. Calling Sheryl silly without giving Ranka the same treatment isn't all that fair

As I said earlier, when people speak of similarities between characters, they don't necessarily mean that the two characters are caught in identical situations, but that they share many of the same qualities as a character.

Well I don't like moe stars too, but for me there il a very very very long gap between Minmey style and Ranka kind. I don't like it when sometimes it's too much or too play up like they portray Sheryl in both her character and design.

By the way I didn't think like that with Misa because she was not: ...; too much for me but ...in moderation However Minmey was such a damsel in distress that I may sound paradoxal here for rooting for Ranka now even though Misa character was better written. Well there's something for everyone!And SDF is not Frontier.

Of course we know what the reason for the outfit was for, it was to give Alto Hopes and Dreams tm ;) .

What do you mean she was playing a "double-game"? Ranka wasn't part of the equation because the present wasn't for her, it was for Alto. It was his birthday and Sheryl wanted to give him a thoughtful present, just as she was very thoughtful when she gave Ranka her present. And we know that he could not refuse because it was something that he actually wanted. She was so excited about giving him something that he really desired that she actually forced herself to go back out despite feeling like crap at the time. Had he not wanted it, he might have gone to see his father instead. She was glad that he came with her because she was unsure of what she would find on Gallia IV regarding the rumored Galaxy survivors. Plus she wasn't feeling very good thanks to her helpful manager

Sheryl hasn't given Ranka any advice with regards to her personal life. That role is filled by Nanase. She has only offered career advice to Ranka along with offers of aid.

I'm and I will, I think , always be amazed by how we can't help but simply cannot see the same thing in a same scene but we can intrepreting it in a complete opposite point of view. I agree with you when you say She was so excited about giving him something that he really desired that she actually forced herself to go, ok and with : Had he not wanted it, he might have gone to see his father instead( it's obvious since it's his family and Ranka didn't say much about the encounter...) but not with: She was glad that he came because she was unsure of what she would find on Gallia IV regarding the rumored Galaxy survivors<< If so, she could have ask for a real pilot/bodyguard not for Alto ( in episode 12 Alto was not a super, bersek,fighter like now.....so you're right she's a pretty audacious girl for wanting him to protect her ;) )

I was talking about her comment to Ranka about the birthday present which for me was useless because it encourages her and gives her too high hope for after make an offer which cannot be turn down..

Bottom line: Sheryl is too high strung and doesn't have any of the humility which a woman ought to have. Ranka has TOO MUCH humility, which makes her look weak - but as she matures, she will learn that her humility and soft spoken nature are her greatest weapon.

Looks like I'm not the only one who praise this loli girl ;)

I think she doesn't look too much weak now compared to the first episode!

Sheryl draws the attention of the tumults and will always have hords of guys running round after her. But this strategy does not work with Alto who, despite his numerous faults, is certainly a gentleman with a sense of honor - not a lame shallow casanova.

She know it very well now, but I don't know how she will proceed to make her move ?! ( look cannot work, the star card either, the VF+Sheryl move ?! ^_^ , maybe but with a great effort .) )

Someone mentioned here that Ranka shares the natural feminitity of Misa Hayes - despite Ranka being "younger" - it is true - she is more mature insofar as she has all the great traits of a true lady; she just hasn't learned how to use them yet.

Well I don't know who you're talking about but for me, it was most the "natural behaviour," not too much, but "in moderation " kind of character over than the natural feminity

I'm also speechless, I didn't understand your post, I suppose better not read the rest :lol:

You was as tired as I was so don't be concerned :lol:;)

I will admit that, through Nanase, you can kind of tell that the character designer got her start doing hentai (it IS a "her," right?). But she's so sweet, and her glasses are so cute, and she has such an adorable crush on Ranka that I just HAVE to love her.

...and I think I'm starting to sound a little too much like MisaForsaken...

I thought the same thing the character designer got her start doing hentai when I fist saw her, she can be sweet in some way not so! ;)

She is the best friend of Ranka but for me she seems ....weird It's like she doesn't have a utility when Ranka is not around...

*asks question again as Klan get ignored.*

It's certainly due to her luck these weeks according to her love interest, her carrer... and we don't see Klan so often except when Mikhail or SMS is around

I'm and I will, I think , always be amazed by how we can't help but simply cannot see the same thing in a same scene but we can intrepreting it in a complete opposite point of view. I agree with you when you say She was so excited about giving him something that he really desired that she actually forced herself to go, ok and with : Had he not wanted it, he might have gone to see his father instead( it's obvious since it's his family and Ranka didn't say much about the encounter...) but not with: She was glad that he came because she was unsure of what she would find on Gallia IV regarding the rumored Galaxy survivors<< If so, she could have ask for a real pilot/bodyguard not for Alto ( in episode 12 Alto was not a super, bersek,fighter like now.....so you're right she's a pretty audacious girl for wanting him to protect her ;) )

Actually, I meant that she wanted Alto around for emotional support in case her hopes of finding survivors were crushed, not as security. He is the only one, other than Grace, that knows exactly how much Galaxy means to her. And he is probably the only one to know about the conflicted feelings she has for the place. There's a lot of emotion tied up to Galaxy since she hates it for what it is to her, but it is also her only link to any semblance of a personal history so she can't help but love it as well. With it gone, it is as if she is floating adrift in the vast and lonely universe. She went to Gallia IV to see if she could regain her connection to Galaxy, but she was very much aware that she would likely not find anything. Alto coming made her feel less alone. It's too bad that he was as oblivious as ever and didn't listen when she thanked him.

ok, what could, theoretically, be a wedge between alto and ranka in the future (similar to the minmei-singer/hikaru-pilot dichotomy)? i'm guessing it's the vajra thing. with ranka seemingly growing sympathetic to the vajra, and alto's anger at them being reinforced, later on this might be a major issue. i dare say it would not be so easy for alto to let go of his anger. the memory of the SMS pilot being crushed will come back again and again, and seems to be a considerable source of trauma for him.

in other words, come crunch time, if ranka tries to stop alto from destroying more queens, what would alto do?

and how would alto feel when he finds out that ranka herself is a "little queen"? would this basic difference between them drive them apart?

Alto coming made her feel less alone. It's too bad that he was as oblivious as ever and didn't listen when she thanked him.

Was that the only time he didn't hear what she had to say? I was wondering why Alto's hearing is so bad.... Or maybe his brain is just too busy thinking "I'm flying, lalallaa."

(Cut your hair, Alto. I think it's clogging your ears. :lol: )

Was that the only time he didn't hear what she had to say? I was wondering why Alto's hearing is so bad.... Or maybe his brain is just too busy thinking "I'm flying, lalallaa."

maybe there was a problem with reception.

and you also have to consider that sheryl usually speaks clearly. when she said thank you, she said it a bit softly. alto probably wasn't used to hearing sheryl's voice like that. hehe.

or you could be right. alto might already be imagining his atmosphere flight. :D

I'm rootin' for Sheryl to finally wins Altho-Hime's heart in the end.

Now's that a clincher for Mac F, much like how Misa wins the tug of heart between her, Ichijo & that other woman, Minmay.

Renka Lee .... she reminds me too much of Minmay & Ishtar. Especially they lose their men to much adult, stronger women like Ichijo to Misa & Hibiki to Sylvie Gena.

I'm rootin' for Sheryl to finally wins Altho-Hime's heart in the end.

Now's that a clincher for Mac F, much like how Misa wins the tug of heart between her, Ichijo & that other woman, Minmay.

Renka Lee .... she reminds me too much of Minmay & Ishtar. Especially they lose their men to much adult, stronger women like Ichijo to Misa & Hibiki to Sylvie Gena.

We need Cathy into the equation, she's much older than Alto, she's runner up in Miss Macross contest, and she's a bridge bunny.

My secondary vote goes to Cathy. Bobby can have Ozma ^_^

We need Cathy into the equation, she's much older than Alto, she's runner up in Miss Macross contest, and she's a bridge bunny.

Nahhhh, there's no vibe between her & Alto Hime, unlike previous pairings:

-> Minmay - Ichijo - Misa: Outcome to Misa.

-> Ishtar - Hibiki - Sylvie: Outcome to Sylvie.

-> Gamlin - Mylene - Basara: Outcome practically undecided - but Mylene definitely secretly in love with Basara over Gamlin!

-> Mao - Shin - Sara: Outcome to Sara.

So, its now -> Renka - Alto Hime - Sheryl ...... me banking on Sheryl.

Quiproquo/Imbroglio

It's too bad that he was as oblivious as ever and didn't listen when she thanked him.

Like always I would like to say!! It was the same thing when Ranga went to his scool ,got a manager and made her debut he was such an egoist person...

Well, she already was implicite in the car in the first episode and in episode 10. It's not that he is deaf but most likely he pretended he didn't understand( Even though he was deaf when she thanks him).

Relating to the future episode, ( I'm not a forecaster so I will not say I'm sure about what I'm saying(even though I voted in this poll :)) it will be likely more SherylXAlto episode with a lot of imbroglio just as the (Sheryl fan), I prefer supporter ^^ , so just as the Sheryl supporters are saying with a turn around at the end.

This could sound very preposterous of me but I don't know how people can be so sure about Brera being Ranka's brother. Maybe I am half asleep when I was watching these episode ^_^ but except for the photo in the GLOBAL (with little Brera and Ranka, the fact that he cares a lot about her , Ozma speech with a lost brother who was replaced by him) Her real brother could have been killed with the others in the fleet and Brera could have been the son of the baby sitter :lol: << the most unlikely I admit it ,or, a cyborg since the beginning ( well Ranka is not normal either) who,which ?! with his harmonica should ring a bell about Ranka's mission(Vajra..). Something went wrong and he was download ;) in another body without his memory. until here it's ok but wasn'it too obvious since the beginning ? I mean ok He most likely can be her brother but saying " she had a brother " (Ozma, episode 3 I think or 2)and just after that exposing a character who knows the song Aimo ( episode 7 in the battlefield ), so 4, 5 episode and that'it = he is her brother... well again, it'the more plausible but I want a damning evidence not some old pictures which doesn't prove any kindship except the fact that they were living together like brother and sister .

He will definitely be a part of the love triangle but as what ? I don't know if it's Ozma or him or if one of those death will answer at the question. It's just that it was , suggest too soon, too obvious but maybe I can't expect too much suspens in this subject.

This could sound very preposterous of me but I don't know how people can be so sure about Brera being Ranka's brother.

Well there's no cold hard evidence yet. But first we have photo crystal aboard Global, like you mentioned, then there's the fact that both of them can't seem to remember their pasts but have flashbacks of the same parents and each other. Of course Brera might just be a childhood friend, but that doesn't sound convincing as to why he was on the family photo. No proof, but I personally feel like people thinking otherwise are kind of grasping at threads ^_^

I believe it was said during some interview somewhere that during early planning, the idea for the main love triangle of the show was it to have Ranka put in between Alto and some other male (And i'm willing to bet this other male was definately going to be Brera). It was changed however to include Sheryl, who was originally going to be a minor character that Ranka looks up to. My guess is it's going to retain a bit of these elements with Brera being a bit of a "rival" (for lack of better term) to Alto concerning Ranka, until some later point of the show where it will be revealed what everyone "knew" all along, that he is in fact her brother.

I find it interesting that there is this recurring argument of how Ranka = Minmey and Sheryl = Misa because Ranka/Minmey = Immature while Sheryl/Misa = Mature....

I don't buy it.

For me, Sheryl and Minmey have far more in common: both are manipulative flirts who don't take relationships very seriously. Meanwhile, Ranka and Misa, despite their ambitions and inherent (very attractively female) sense of shame, are good women who are steady in their feelings, compassionate, and a bit scared to be in love, or at least not very good at it. In fact, I would go further - Misa was traumatized by events from her past; just like Ranka. Both of them had "disassosiative amnesia" - Misa wanted to forget about Riber and couldn't - until she found a new purpose in life (ending the war with the Zentrans), while Ranka is blocking out memories of her childhood (the specifics are still to be revealed)....

Of course, there's no perfect parallel between the four girls - but I don't think you can just say Ranka is like Minmey and that's that. In fact - if anything - Ranka is like Minmey BEFORE she wins the Miss Macross contest and changes diametrically - aka; a young, cute, giggly girl who is fun to be around and who is very emotive.

The key here, though, is that Ranka is NOT changed for the worse by becoming famous. In fact - UNLIKE Minmey, who forgets about Hikaru even BEFORE she becomes famous (right after being "found" by the rescue crew), Ranka REMEMBERS LOVE :) for Alto even after her success in Birdman and other events.

She is far more conscious and put together than Minmey - not as airheaded and flighty. In this sense - she is intellectually far more mature; and in terms of emotional immaturity - it is of the sort that Misa "suffered" - aka fears left over from the past combined with a general lack of self-confidence when it comes to matters of the heart (for notice that Misa was a very self-confident officer, and Ranka has fast become a self-confident singer - but neither girl could bring themselves to tell Hikaru/Alto of their love (Misa only did so in the LAST EPISODE!).

So... Ranka is therefore the more mature of the two; Sheryl has much to learn.

VFTF1

Sheryl = Basara

Eh? How so?

Basara is annoying because he has a deep belief in his philosophy - the idea that music can overcome division and violence and serve as a universal language.

Sheryl is annoying because she's an uppity celebrity who is cynical, flirty, and who views music as a commercial venture; something to be sold. Her one redeeming quality is her ambition and ability to have fun in life - but she's no Bassara.

She's not out there trying to save the universe with her music...

I see no comparisson between the two.

Actually - no one can compare to Bassara. He's unique. If anyone else can compare - it's the LEGEND of Lyn Minmey (not the real thing) - but the legend that Basara and all the others hold to "the songstress who brought peace to the galaxy through song" - this is the only comparisson to Bassara.

VFTF1

Vajra/Human/Cyborg

No proof, but I personally feel like people thinking otherwise are kind of grasping at threads ^_^

I believe it was said during some interview somewhere that during early planning, the idea for the main love triangle of the show was it to have Ranka put in between Alto and some other male (And i'm willing to bet this other male was definately going to be Brera). It was changed however to include Sheryl, who was originally going to be a minor character that Ranka looks up to. My guess is it's going to retain a bit of these elements with Brera being a bit of a "rival" (for lack of better term) to Alto concerning Ranka, until some later point of the show where it will be revealed what everyone "knew" all along, that he is in fact her brother.

It's what makes the show!!

It remind me the change of the plot and I think it was just just at the beginning but I don't remember it well.

In any case it's a solid argument for burying once and for all the so-called Sheryl-Alto end if of course her role is already written and don't include a meaningful change.(Even if it's not the case, well, the 12th and 13th episode were....explicit. She will not (Ranka) end with Brera, that for sure....

It's a good thing that she was added to the plot between Alto and Ranka or it will be too obvious, so kind of.. boring but she is like many character of this show not a human or most likely not. She most be like Brera a cyborg, android or something like that. If you erase all the happy ending ,Ranka has high chances to be linked to the destiny with the vajra(a goodbye humans, human sacrifice, at the end if she doesn't end up with Alto)... so be Sheryl with her compatriot or cyborg race :rolleyes:(killed by Grace, downloaded in a new boby but not anymore memory like Brera....) <<Well, I can't even imagine her in love( Grace and Brera don't even know this word(Something went wrong in the download for Sheryl ? :D) , and considered her as a failure who is not worth living) if she is a cyborg...we aren't in DBZ when C18 the robot girl + Krilin = babies :D or Battlestar with the humans + cylon = the chosen one so she has vervy very very little chance to end up with someone no matter who , included Alto of course :) .

I find it interesting that there is this recurring argument of how Ranka = Minmey and Sheryl = Misa because Ranka/Minmey = Immature while Sheryl/Misa = Mature....

I don't buy it.

For me, Sheryl and Minmey have far more in common: both are manipulative flirts who don't take relationships very seriously. Meanwhile, Ranka and Misa, despite their ambitions and inherent (very attractively female) sense of shame, are good women who are steady in their feelings, compassionate, and a bit scared to be in love, or at least not very good at it. In fact, I would go further - Misa was traumatized by events from her past; just like Ranka. Both of them had "disassosiative amnesia" - Misa wanted to forget about Riber and couldn't - until she found a new purpose in life (ending the war with the Zentrans), while Ranka is blocking out memories of her childhood (the specifics are still to be revealed)....

It's more a melting of everybody in every character of Macross but even if Sheryl is more like Minmey and Ranka like Misa, they will surely not end up like them or at least for one of these two.

Of course, there's no perfect parallel between the four girls - but I don't think you can just say Ranka is like Minmey and that's that. In fact - if anything - Ranka is like Minmey BEFORE she wins the Miss Macross contest and changes diametrically - aka; a young, cute, giggly girl who is fun to be around and who is very emotive.

The key here, though, is that Ranka is NOT changed for the worse by becoming famous. In fact - UNLIKE Minmey, who forgets about Hikaru even BEFORE she becomes famous (right after being "found" by the rescue crew), Ranka REMEMBERS LOVE :) for Alto even after her success in Birdman and other events.

Ranka REMEMBERS LOVE what a wordplay :) + Ranka is like Minmey BEFORE she wins the Miss Macross contest and changes diametrically <<I agree with you here, she dares now, I already said it but Minmey is far awy behind Ranka...

Ranka = Minmei

Sheryl = Basara

(2chan)

FV

The Sheryl is compared to a guy :blink::unsure:

Eh? How so?

Basara is annoying because he has a deep belief in his philosophy - the idea that music can overcome division and violence and serve as a universal language.

Sheryl is annoying because she's an uppity celebrity who is cynical, flirty, and who views music as a commercial venture; something to be sold. Her one redeeming quality is her ambition and ability to have fun in life - but she's no Bassara.

She's not out there trying to save the universe with her music...

I see no comparisson between the two.

VFTF1

Definitely not a Sheryl supporter, some green tea maybe ? ;)

She's not out there trying to save the universe with her music..., not now but maybe with Ranka at the end of the show( although a statu-quo ending is never a good thing, a winner is an obligation, whatever the camp )

Concerning the music sweet song suit Ranka's voice better.

I don't buy it.

She is far more conscious and put together than Minmey - not as airheaded and flighty. In this sense - she is intellectually far more mature; and in terms of emotional immaturity - it is of the sort that Misa "suffered" - aka fears left over from the past combined with a general lack of self-confidence when it comes to matters of the heart (for notice that Misa was a very self-confident officer, and Ranka has fast become a self-confident singer - but neither girl could bring themselves to tell Hikaru/Alto of their love (Misa only did so in the LAST EPISODE!).

So... Ranka is therefore the more mature of the two; Sheryl has much to learn.

VFTF1

They pretty much said in an interview that Sheryl = DYRL Minmei and Ranka = TV Minmei and if you can't see the Misa elements in Sheryl than /facepalm.

Well, I honest to god can't/don't see the Sheryl/Misa parallels - interview or no interview...

Let me try to imagine Misa being "Sherylish"...

Misa: Skull leader! How dare you question my orders!? I'm Misa! MISA HAYES!

Misa: I've signed up for singing lessons! I'm MISA! MISA HAYES! I'll mussle in on Minmey's turf because I'm the best and can do it all!

Misa: I'm going to pilot my Valkyrie into battle! I'll show you! I'm Misa! MISA HAYES!!

Misa: What's that Captain? You'll be giving me my own Command? Naturally! I'm Misa! MISA HAYES! I deserve three Commands!

Of course - I guess when I think about Misa, I think about SDF M TV, not DYRL - so maybe that's where I'm going wrong...

VFTF1

Well, I honest to god can't/don't see the Sheryl/Misa parallels - interview or no interview...

Misa: I've signed up for singing lessons! I'm MISA! MISA HAYES! I'll mussle in on Minmey's turf because I'm the best and can do it all!

Misa: I'm going to pilot my Valkyrie into battle! I'll show you! I'm Misa! MISA HAYES!!

Misa: What's that Captain? You'll be giving me my own Command? Naturally! I'm Misa! MISA HAYES! I deserve three Commands!

Of course - I guess when I think about Misa, I think about SDF M TV, not DYRL - so maybe that's where I'm going wrong...

VFTF1

Misa HAYES...?

Y'know, I'm beginning to disbelieve your claim that you've never seen Robotech...

and to repeat it 4 times. wow. those robotech wounds cut deep, don't they?

Speak it in the front of mirror three times and CM will appear before you and turn you into HG zombie.

After the lastest episode, I vote for both Ranka and Sheryl, in fact I'm voting Ranshee for it :lol:

Hmm, that would be a major plot twist, somewhere in the future episode Ranka will merge with Sheryl to become the ultimate songstress (and one happy Alto) :ph34r:

Speak it in the front of mirror three times and CM will appear before you and turn you into HG zombie.

You lie. I tried it and nothing happened. But that's what you get for talking to Macross fans, who don't understand that Shadow Chroncles PWNS Frontier (which I wouldn't watch on a dare).

And now you'll have to excuse me; I've got to throw my Animeigo Macross into the fireplace and go out and buy some REAL Robotech DVDs.

VFTF1

This whole post shows why you don't get it.

You lie. I tried it and nothing happened. But that's what you get for talking to Macross fans, who don't understand that Shadow Chroncles PWNS Frontier (which I wouldn't watch on a dare).

And now you'll have to excuse me; I've got to throw my Animeigo Macross into the fireplace and go out and buy some REAL Robotech DVDs.

gasp. robotech-zombified gubaba. the HORROR! :ph34r:

They pretty much said in an interview that Sheryl = DYRL Minmei and Ranka = TV Minmei and if you can't see the Misa elements in Sheryl than /facepalm.

While I don't read any interviews, I do believe I was the first to mention this parallel. Not the first to see it, given the fanart i posted at the time, but at least the first to mention it here amidst all the Ranka=Minmay, Sheryl=Misa bits. At least, among the first. That was also more on their relative positions in society and their views on career and social lives too, not personality. Neither girl is much like Minmay. though if i had to choose, Sheryl is more closer to me.

As a huge fan of Misa, I can also say that I too don't really see how Sheryl is anything like her, unless you really either stretch it or break it down to truly basic levels. About the only thing they have in common is their extreme workaholic nature and the worry that the guy they like might be drifting for another. So elements are there, but she's no Misa. One could just as easily grab random elements from Misa and put them to Ranka if they wanted.

Also, if you can't see how silly it looks to write something like "/facepalm" instead of an actual retort or a even a perfectly acceptable simple "...", especially when it's not the given you seem to see it as, coupled with a near flame of accusing people they don't get it because they interpret differently from you, well... ^_^ VRTV1's Sheryl, while extreme, is pretty close to actual Sheryl, if only at face value.

If you're going to act like that, please go back to Asuki where they seem to encourage that sort of thing. It's just petty, no offense. You're better than that.

Oh, and before you accuse me of being Ranka biased, I happen to like both characters, though, as much as I like her, I do think Sheryl gets way more read into than Ranka. She's still pretty superficial at the moment, and Ranka's not much better. At the moment, Grace seems to be the most interesting character even. A lot of these character debates are heavily dependent on PoV, it seems.

As for the actual poll, to be honest, I could care less about who he winds up with, and more about what the deal is between the girls. I thought the whole q-1 thing killed Ranka's chances, but now it seems Sheryl is Fairy-9, so it's balanced out. I also find it amusing that some of the more hardcore Sheryl fans don't see Ranka as a threat, when she is obviously starting to. The gloves are coming off, and she's becoming a bit more underhanded. I think I'm going to vote Ranyl/Sherka on this, as it seems to me that both girls will be rather important to him in the end, barring one going completely yandere on us (which would be awesomely dark, and really mess with the fandom).

it's always kind of funny to see how staunchly people defend their girls whether it's warranted or not. ^_^

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Case in point. :lol: Thanks, Gubaba.

She is far superior, at least physically. Though I like Cathy for that quite a bit as well... (hurray for superfluous shower scenes, a Macross tradition since 1982) ;)

"From my observations as a neutral (not biased towards either Ranka or Sheryl) seeing how the story is progressing, Ranka will win Alto's heart...but...they will not end up together."

You're getting that kind of vibe too, eh?

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus