Miss Macross Frontier Contest II

freya

Who's the lucky girl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Alto's heart by the end of Macross Frontier?

• Sheryl Nome
    • Ranka Lee
    • Klan Klan
    • Luca lulz
    • None

Try writing in French, without being preposterous, smile.gif it will be the same thing if not worst (hum)

Je ne suis pas une femme; mais j'aime plus Ranka au commencement de Macross: Frontier. Avec tout les nouve episodes, j'aime plus Ranka...plus plus! :)

Je n'aime pas Sheryl dans le premiere parceque je pence que elle est tres elite. Le fact que elle est une "sex bomb" n'as pas pour moi le significance, parceque les sex bombs son bon pour la sex, mais non pour le heureux vie avec une femme et une homme.

Le premiere fois quand j'aime Sheryl et en the 6 episode; parceque elle as ete tres demure dans cette episode; tres natural et normal.

J'aime plus aussie Sheryl dans le 8 episode; parceque j'aime plus les comedie :)

Mais en general, je pense que Ranka et tres sexy mais elle as des autre benefit: 1) beaucoup d'autentique amour pour la vie et pour Alto, 2) elle et le super magnifique chauntesse - plus super que Sheryl, 3) elle et plus femminine que Sheryl...

Uff...mon Francais et tres mal :)

Je pense que dans la fin de serial, Alto retrouve son amour pour Ranka. Je vote pour Ranka.

VFTF1

Je ne suis pas une femme; mais j'aime plus Ranka au commencement de Macross: Frontier. Avec tout les nouve episodes, j'aime plus Ranka...plus plus! :)

Je n'aime pas Sheryl dans le premiere parceque je pence que elle est tres elite. Le fact que elle est une "sex bomb" n'as pas pour moi le significance, parceque les sex bombs son bon pour la sex, mais non pour le heureux vie avec une femme et une homme.

Le premiere fois quand j'aime Sheryl et en the 6 episode; parceque elle as ete tres demure dans cette episode; tres natural et normal.

J'aime plus aussie Sheryl dans le 8 episode; parceque j'aime plus les comedie :)

Mais en general, je pense que Ranka et tres sexy mais elle as des autre benefit: 1) beaucoup d'autentique amour pour la vie et pour Alto, 2) elle et le super magnifique chauntesse - plus super que Sheryl, 3) elle et plus femminine que Sheryl...

Je pense que dans la fin de serial, Alto retrouve son amour pour Ranka. Je vote pour Ranka.

VFTF1

Ooh, I can actually read this. Maybe I'm not a lost cause when it comes to the french language after all :lol:

Ooh, I can actually read this. Maybe I'm not a lost cause when it comes to the french language after all

Well - you're certainly extremely polite; since I'm sure anyone with sub-basic brainwaves could pick out a million faults in what I wrote :)

Anyways - I vote Ranka for all the reasons given in my broken French :)

VFTF1

Well - you're certainly extremely polite; since I'm sure anyone with sub-basic brainwaves could pick out a million faults in what I wrote :)

Anyways - I vote Ranka for all the reasons given in my broken French :)

VFTF1

You're just trying to impress the French girl, aren't you?

Laisse tomber les filles, VFTF-1. ;)

Ideal VS Virtual Reality :wacko:

So many young girls are victims of the unattainable female ideal and too many boys obsess over the very same. Perhaps Ranka beating out Sheryl for Alto's affections (assuming that is how it plays) is a good lesson not because of the females sexuality, but in spite of it. Hikaru found what he was looking for in the less glamorous, more down-to-earth Misa rather than the feminine ideal he thought was Minmay.

I agree with you, allowing that their ideal (for girls and boys) of hot,cunning woman just prevent them to see what is simply obvious.

You can also say that they're the same who love to compare Ranka and Minmey(pretending that the guy often end up with the adult/mature ? one) but de facto, Misa is obviously more natural than Sheryl and as natural as Ranka who seems to take of the two old female character in SDF M. ^_^

"NOOOOT!!! (I'm a female!) Sheryl is hot, and I admire her character, her composure, her skillz too! All hail the Queen!"

Well, you can't expect less from a Sheryl fan ! looks like she is too perfect ,no??? :)

Anyway, this is also starting to turn out as a popularity poll (I'm guilty, yes) :p

I guess it was so from the beginning ...

"While Sheryl's HOTNESS is certainly what piqued my interest in the beginning of the show"

I admire your sincerity ;)

it is not my sole reason for liking her so much. Her strength and independence are her most attractive qualities. She is human so the hits that she take affect her, but she pulls herself back up to do what is necessary.

I don't have the same point of view when it concerned Sheryl character.

For me , she's not such an independant person as you claim. Well maybe before the 5Th episode when we see her express exactly what she want from Grace and yet, it seems that she think she's above all that( she sure does know how to give orders ^_^ ) but after that , she nothing but someone who pretend to act like a busy body person who does everything in solo... Hum if it wasn't for her manager Grace I don't even think she can live by herself...

She does not wait for things to come to her, but instead puts the effort to try and reach her goals through her own power.

She for sure, know what she wants and doesn't wait to seize it ( I'm talking about the 12th episode with the endless sky... too cunning for Ranka :p )

There is an edge to her personality that makes her seem very adult which probably comes from growing up without any close relations and that maturity is also very appealing. Anyways, while looks are what usually catches a person's interest at first, they can be taken only so far before people being to lose interest.

She obviously appears to be more mature than Ranka but adult ?!<<< she is always stuck to Alto like glue,at school, start date, fastest delivery, always wants to interfere when he is whith Ranka so if she is adult, she grown up alone without family but with all what a girl like Ranka could dream (fame,money,beauty...), she was also rating herself too hightly which leaded her where she is now, she is too straigtforward >> The jealous women are the most deceived ^_^

Ideal VS Virtual Reality

I agree with you, allowing that their ideal (for girls and boys) of hot,cunning woman just prevent them to see what is simply obvious.

You can also say that they're the same who love to compare Ranka and Minmey(pretending that the guy often end up with the adult/mature ? one) but de facto, Misa is obviously more natural than Sheryl and as natural as Ranka who seems to take of the two old female character in SDF M. ^_^

You say this even though you do the same thing in idealizing Ranka. Sheryl is far from perfect and most of her fans can readily admit this. It is just that her pluses far outweigh her minuses in our books. Come on, while Misa wasn't quite so inexperienced with personal relationships as Sheryl is, she was just as awkward when she was confronted by her feelings for Hikaru. I'm not actually sure what you are trying to say when you use "natural" so I can't really touch on that.

I don't have the same point of view when it concerned Sheryl character.

For me , she's not such an independant person as you claim. Well maybe before the 5Th episode when we see her express exactly what she want from Grace and yet, it seems that she think she's above all that( she sure does know how to give orders ^_^ ) but after that , she nothing but someone who pretend to act like a busy body person who does everything in solo... Hum if it wasn't for her manager Grace I don't even think she can live by herself...

Please, don't exaggerate. While Sheryl doesn't have very much experience taking care of mundane things like laundry by herself, it is obvious that she is pretty intelligent. Living on your own doesn't have much of a learning curve. And be fair, no one with a career like Sheryl's going to be able to take care of everything themselves, but she knows how to delegate responsibility of certain aspects of her career to others.

She for sure, know what she wants and doesn't wait to seize it ( I'm talking about the 12th episode with the endless sky... too cunning for Ranka :p )

I take it you're implying that Sheryl maliciously offered that present to Alto so that she could sabotage her? (If I'm wrong just let me know.) I don't think that that was Sheryl's intention when she gave the present , as I'm pretty sure Ranka didn't enter into the equation at all when Sheryl thought up that present. Sheryl was thinking about Alto when she decided to give him that present and her excitement when she actually tells him about supports that. She was happy because she thought of something that he would really enjoy.

She obviously appears to be more mature than Ranka but adult ?!<<< she is always stuck to Alto like glue,at school, start date, fastest delivery, always wants to interfere when he is whith Ranka so if she is adult, she grown up alone without family but with all what a girl like Ranka could dream (fame,money,beauty...), she was also rating herself too hightly which leaded her where she is now, she is too straigtforward >> The jealous women are the most deceived ^_^

Well, Sheryl wants to be with Alto because he offers her something that she's never had before, a real friend. The thing is though, she doesn't cling to him for support the way that Ranka seems to do, she just wants to spend time with him. Do you really believe that she actively seeks to interfere with Ranka's time with Alto? As I said before, I don't think that Ranka enters into her plans when it comes to Alto, well, until episode 12 that is. Alto told her flat out that he wasn't dating Ranka and specifically said that he didn't have a girlfriend. That's plenty good enough excuse for her to try and get more time with someone that treats her like she's just Sheryl instead of Sheryl Nome. I don't think she overrates herself. She has very high expectations of "Sheryl Nome" and does what it takes to force herself to live up to the expectations of that role.

VFTF1

Pas mal pour un anglo. :p But seriously, I have seen french speakers doing worse than you. French ain't easy you know.

Who will win Alto ? In a double game or fair play ? ^_^

You say this even though you do the same thing in idealizing Ranka. Sheryl is far from perfect and most of her fans can readily admit this. It is just that her pluses far outweigh her minuses in our books. Come on, while Misa wasn't quite so inexperienced with personal relationships as Sheryl is, she was just as awkward when she was confronted by her feelings for Hikaru. I'm not actually sure what you are trying to say when you use "natural" so I can't really touch on that.

Well, I don't wish to bring down the conversation to a meaningless war with all the " Ranka is going to win because she is better", or " Sheryl deserves to win if not : it's a shame" blah blah blah... like I have saw in some forums (This, if it's not too late ^_^ )

But, where did you see that I'm idealizing Ranka ? I don't think I have said anything like this, however of course I prefer Ranka character over than Sheryl 's, which can be considered as a too much liking? I will give you that.

By the way, Ranka's fan don't like her because of her look at first and then her character like you were for sheryl. When I admit that it's pretty difficult to idealize Ranka for her physique, you can' t deny she's good tempered, friendly...We can't all like the same things ;)

For Misa and Hikaru, there was 36 episode and Misa had a first love before Hikaru unlike Sheryl. So for all the people who claim that sheryl is like Misa and Ranka, Minmey, there are right in some way with the scene when Hikaru saves Minmey with an open cockpit just like alto and Ranka at the beginning or the Miss Macross Contest wich bring us back to the main topic : with who alto will end up with ?

We can't compare SDF Macross with Macross Frontier but we can find similarites in many aspect like the naturalness of Ranka and Misa which can be oppose to the artificiality of Minmey and Sheryl( I'm talking about the outfit in episode 12 with the breast which just jut out from...) :)

Please, don't exaggerate. While Sheryl doesn't have very much experience taking care of mundane things like laundry by herself, it is obvious that she is pretty intelligent. Living on your own doesn't have much of a learning curve. And be fair, no one with a career like Sheryl's going to be able to take care of everything themselves, but she knows how to delegate responsibility of certain aspects of her career to others.

Well of course she's supposed to be a celebrity, it's for this that she can delegate responsibility of certain aspects of her career to others and she benefit from it very well ( It reminds me to the first episode when she was in the elevator with Grace<< Se is too humble don't you think ?):D

I take it you're implying that Sheryl maliciously offered that present to Alto so that she could sabotage her? (If I'm wrong just let me know.) I don't think that that was Sheryl's intention when she gave the present , as I'm pretty sure Ranka didn't enter into the equation at all when Sheryl thought up that present. Sheryl was thinking about Alto when she decided to give him that present and her excitement when she actually tells him about supports that. She was happy because she thought of something that he would really enjoy.

Sabotage? It's a very big word but it suits well her intentions ;)

Ranka shows her the ticket for her live debut and Sheryl deduces from it , her intention to invite Alto over, and adds that he would be happy for this birthday present....

After that ,we see a Sheryl in a light outfit ( We all know for what purpose :mellow: ) proposing Alto a present (that we all know he couln't even refuse)even though she encourages her " friend " or better " anointed " just a few hours ago...

Ranka didn't enter into the equation at all when Sheryl thought up that present<< that's the problem here , why did she bother to make this kind of prods, supports , when at the end she just play a double-game ? I don't know for you but I wouldn't want a friend like her ;)

She was happy because she thought of something that he would really enjoy.Hum, are you sure about that?? So why did she thanks him for coming with her ? she was not happy because he would enjoy himsel with the so called endless sky ( what an easy guy <_< ) she was glad because he accepted her offer, not Ranka's and she could enjoy this present with him ( I 'm sure she misunderstood his choice but you know ; Love is blind)

Well, Sheryl wants to be with Alto because he offers her something that she's never had before, a real friend. The thing is though, she doesn't cling to him for support the way that Ranka seems to do, she just wants to spend time with him. Do you really believe that she actively seeks to interfere with Ranka's time with Alto? As I said before, I don't think that Ranka enters into her plans when it comes to Alto, well, until episode 12 that is. Alto told her flat out that he wasn't dating Ranka and specifically said that he didn't have a girlfriend. That's plenty good enough excuse for her to try and get more time with someone that treats her like she's just Sheryl instead of Sheryl Nome. I don't think she overrates herself. She has very high expectations of "Sheryl Nome" and does what it takes to force herself to live up to the expectations of that role.

Well you're right you have a point here , but she is perfectly aware of Ranka 's feeling for Alto( I hate this kind of sentences but just for make you understand..) and just plays the role of the big sister for after stabing her in the back.. Sheryl nome is such a busy body person between her role as " friend" with Ranka, until she plays the card of the " Alto's girl" until the " Star Sheryl" , of course she has high expectations !! :D

Who will win Alto ? In a double game or fair play ? ^_^

Well, I don't wish to bring down the conversation to a meaningless war with all the " Ranka is going to win because she is better", or " Sheryl deserves to win if not : it's a shame" blah blah blah... like I have saw in some forums (This, if it's not too late ^_^ )

But, where did you see that I'm idealizing Ranka ? I don't think I have said anything like this, however of course I prefer Ranka character over than Sheryl 's, which can be considered as a too much liking? I will give you that.

By the way, Ranka's fan don't like her because of her look at first and then her character like you were for sheryl. When I admit that it's pretty difficult to idealize Ranka for her physique, you can' t deny she's good tempered, friendly...We can't all like the same things ;)

For Misa and Hikaru, there was 36 episode and Misa had a first love before Hikaru unlike Sheryl. So for all the people who claim that sheryl is like Misa and Ranka, Minmey, there are right in some way with the scene when Hikaru saves Minmey with an open cockpit just like alto and Ranka at the beginning or the Miss Macross Contest wich bring us back to the main topic : with who alto will end up with ?

We can't compare SDF Macross with Macross Frontier but we can find similarites in many aspect like the naturalness of Ranka and Misa which can be oppose to the artificiality of Minmey and Sheryl( I'm talking about the outfit in episode 12 with the breast which just jut out from...) :)

I've seen quite a few Ranka fans who seem to love her character design and she is obviously designed to appeal to a certain segment of anime watchers so I don't think you should try to use this as a point in your favor.

You try to make it seem as if Sheryl's appearance is my sole reason for liking her as a character when it isn't. I said that what piqued my interest in her was seeing her character design. This was before I had seen even the first episode so there was no way I could have known what she was like. Plus, being interested in a character does not necessarily mean that I would have actually liked her character. What actually made me like her as a character was when she pulled herself together to appear before the press when she was obviously feeling pretty shitty. It was that show of determination that gave me a hint of what a strong person she would turn out to be.

Your claim that Sheryl does not resemble Misa because Sheryl hasn't had a previous love is a pretty tenuous. Being similar does not mean she is a carbon copy of Misa. By similarity I mean that she gives the impression of being very strong willed career woman who is quite out of her territory when it comes to personal relationships.

So you don't like Sheryl's sexual persona and prefer the moe-stars that seem to seep out of every one of Ranka's? Come on, they each cater to different segments of the Macross world as well as the TV watching audience. Calling Sheryl silly without giving Ranka the same treatment isn't all that fair.

As I said earlier, when people speak of similarities between characters, they don't necessarily mean that the two characters are caught in identical situations, but that they share many of the same qualities as a character.

Well of course she's supposed to be a celebrity, it's for this that she can delegate responsibility of certain aspects of her career to others and she benefit from it very well ( It reminds me to the first episode when she was in the elevator with Grace<< Se is too humble don't you think ?):D

I am not sure where you are trying to go with this. You commented that Sheryl was not so independent because she wouldn't be able to survive on her own without Grace and faulted her for having other people do things for her.

Sabotage? It's a very big word but it suits well her intentions

Ranka shows her the ticket for her live debut and Sheryl deduces from it , her intention to invite Alto over, and adds that he would be happy for this birthday present....

After that ,we see a Sheryl in a light outfit ( We all know for what purpose :mellow: ) proposing Alto a present (that we all know he couln't even refuse)even though she encourages her " friend " or better " anointed " just a few hours ago...

Ranka didn't enter into the equation at all when Sheryl thought up that present<< that's the problem here , why did she bother to make this kind of prods, supports , when at the end she just play a double-game ? I don't know for you but I wouldn't want a friend like her ;)

She was happy because she thought of something that he would really enjoy.Hum, are you sure about that?? So why did she thanks him for coming with her ? she was not happy because he would enjoy himsel with the so called endless sky ( what an easy guy <_< ) she was glad because he accepted her offer, not Ranka's and she could enjoy this present with him ( I 'm sure she misunderstood his choice but you know ; Love is blind)

Of course we know what the reason for the outfit was for, it was to give Alto Hopes and Dreams tm ;) .

What do you mean she was playing a "double-game"? Ranka wasn't part of the equation because the present wasn't for her, it was for Alto. It was his birthday and Sheryl wanted to give him a thoughtful present, just as she was very thoughtful when she gave Ranka her present. And we know that he could not refuse because it was something that he actually wanted. She was so excited about giving him something that he really desired that she actually forced herself to go back out despite feeling like crap at the time. Had he not wanted it, he might have gone to see his father instead. She was glad that he came with her because she was unsure of what she would find on Gallia IV regarding the rumored Galaxy survivors. Plus she wasn't feeling very good thanks to her helpful manager.

Well you're right you have a point here , but she is perfectly aware of Ranka 's feeling for Alto( I hate this kind of sentences but just for make you understand..) and just plays the role of the big sister for after stabing her in the back.. Sheryl nome is such a busy body person between her role as " friend" with Ranka, until she plays the card of the " Alto's girl" until the " Star Sheryl" , of course she has high expectations !!

Sheryl hasn't given Ranka any advice with regards to her personal life. That role is filled by Nanase. She has only offered career advice to Ranka along with offers of aid.

P.S. It seems that my post exceeds the maximum number of emoticons so I had to censor some of yours...

Wow, some discussion which actually hurt my already damage eyes :ph34r:

Well, for the Miss Macross Frontier we got the following candidate:

1. Sheryl, Galaxy singing idol, unable to do her own laundry, soon can pilot her own valkyrie (or she became one), dominatrix and use her sexual appeal to attract Alto.

2. Ranka Lee, rising Cinderella, can cook (pineapple salad for Alto or Ozma?), have two green pet (blob phone and baby Vajra), part FAST pack.

3. Klan, can stomped you to death

4. Nanase, can suffocate you to death with her 'turret'

So I think Alto is going to get both Ranka and Sheryl, because we all know that Alto love to fly in VALKYRIE with FAST pack (and ditch the FAST pack later on...):lol:

In another note, I wonder how Sheryl can win Alto back after Ranka successfully take Alto attention in the last 3 episode.

Edited by Morpheus

In another note, I wonder how Sheryl can win Alto back after Ranka successfully take Alto attention in the last 3 episode.

i'm still not sure how much of alto's attention ranka really took permanently. ranka was in danger, kidnapped by a very deadly (as far as alto perceives) enemy, partly due to his carelessness. and all this after sharing some girly bonding moment (the hair) between them. his focused attention on ranka last episode, and his perceived snub on sheryl, could have just been because of this. remember, this is the guy who charged into a vajra mothership just to rescue luca. messianic complex, anyone? :p

on the other hand. poor ranka. going to be ditched like a FAST pack. tsk, tsk.

Edited by dreamweaver13

Too bad Ranka is a fast pack from 16 years ago ;).

in that case, used once and broken for life? poor poor ranka...

amazing how nasty this all sounds if you mispronounce the term fast pack even just a little...

Edited by dreamweaver13

ackem/ickem I don't think it's worth trying to convince rubi, he/she is set in her ways and nothing will change it.

i'm still not sure how much of alto's attention ranka really took permanently. ranka was in danger, kidnapped by a very deadly (as far as alto perceives) enemy, partly due to his carelessness. and all this after sharing some girly bonding moment (the hair) between them. his focused attention on ranka last episode, and his perceived snub on sheryl, could have just been because of this. remember, this is the guy who charged into a vajra mothership just to rescue luca. messianic complex, anyone? :p

on the other hand. poor ranka. going to be ditched like a FAST pack. tsk, tsk.

Someone on Suki stated that after episode 14 he knows that Alto loves Ranka more than Sheryl, my reply was something along the lines of "Because of the rescue attempt? If so than the real triangle is Alto, Ranka, Luca". And than someone added that Alto didn't wait for permission to rescue Luca unlike Ranka. :lol::lol: :lol:

Alto and Luca ending coming up!

Edited by Westlo

Sounds like someone else I can think of too :rolleyes:

Ouch! You totally got me since I've never admitted my bias in my sig or anything like that.. oh wait.. also find posts where I've completely misinterpreted Ranka's character and you might actually have a leg to stand on if you wanted to compare me to rubi.

Ouch! You totally got me since I've never admitted my bias in my sig or anything like that.. oh wait.. also find posts where I've completely misinterpreted Ranka's character and you might actually have a leg to stand on if you wanted to compare me to rubi.

So wait, I can't compare you because you're admitting yourself to be as biased as you claim rubi to be, just because you did infact admit it in a signature? Okay...

And since your bias is towards Sheryl, it'd be more fitting finding posts where you've completely misinterpreted her character... Oh, but this only applies if you assume rubi did this with regards to Ranka. Of course you, being admittedly Sheryl-biased, is likely to feel so. However other's might not, just as they might not feel you're completely misinterpreting Sheryl's character either. All in all, I don't think the comparison was too unjustified.

So wait, I can't compare you because you're admitting yourself to be as biased as you claim rubi to be, just because you did infact admit it in a signature? Okay...

You can be biased and still be unbiased enough at times to be able to fairly judge characters, I'm saying I can do that while rubi can't, prove otherwise, find me these misinterpreted Ranka posts of mine where I make up fallacies to prove my point that Sheryl is superior.

And since your bias is towards Sheryl, it'd be more fitting finding posts where you've completely misinterpreted her character.. Oh, but this only applies if you assume rubi did this with regards to Ranka.

/facepalm

It's like you don't realize that someone's bias towards a character can affect their judgment of another character completely! If not wtf are you trying to say here? Also please find a post where I've misinterpreted Sheryl's character, but I wouldn't bother looking too long if i was you.

no one with a career like Sheryl's going to be able to take care of everything themselves, but she knows how to delegate responsibility of certain aspects of her career to others

Yeeeaaah. Way to delegate responsibility to Dimensional Eater Extension Cord Grace....

Anyways -

I generally have the same attitude towards women as the Captain of the Macross Quarter - I really liked how, after tasting the sushi, he said "you'd make a good wife" to Monica - and by all indications she would make a good wife.

Bottom line: Sheryl is too high strung and doesn't have any of the humility which a woman ought to have. Ranka has TOO MUCH humility, which makes her look weak - but as she matures, she will learn that her humility and soft spoken nature are her greatest weapon.

Sheryl draws the attention of the tumults and will always have hords of guys running round after her. But this strategy does not work with Alto who, despite his numerous faults, is certainly a gentleman with a sense of honor - not a lame shallow casanova.

Ranka will always win over men who are looking for true love and friendship; Sheryl will always win over people who are looking for a poll dancer.

Someone mentioned here that Ranka shares the natural feminitity of Misa Hayes - despite Ranka being "younger" - it is true - she is more mature insofar as she has all the great traits of a true lady; she just hasn't learned how to use them yet.

Sheryl is a troubled, lonely woman - she is the type that might be tamable...but I doubt it.

VFTF1

You can be biased and still be unbiased enough at times to be able to fairly judge characters, I'm saying I can do that while rubi can't, prove otherwise, find me these misinterpreted Ranka posts of mine where I make up fallacies to prove my point that Sheryl is superior.

1. You're saying I should prove you're as bad as her, by finding posts of you doing something that she allegedly does. I can say I don't find her to be guilty of this, and I'll just contend with that you're not doing it either. But you insist that she is in fact doing it, then it should be you who bring about the evidence.

2. I've no doubt you will find posts you feel prove this if you decided to. But, having read said posts myself (there's like 5 of them?) I already came to the conclusion that I feel they weren't. So we're going to be stuck there.

I say we just leave it instead?

Laugher is healthy

I'm sorry if I'm responding to posts which were not directly address to me but I guess I'm pretty inspired when one take liberties ;)

ackem/ickem I don't think it's worth trying to convince rubi, he/she is set in her ways and nothing will change it.

Westlo, I don't think that it's correct to talk like that with such a pretender, hypocritical way to another person about me. You know you could have done so talking directly .... And it's your opinion and not his .Moreover I don't think we want to convince each other ( If I'm wrong Ackem can rectify it ) but expose our point of view about the differents characters in this show.

This being so, he/she set in her way ?! So I'm a transexual :D Well you seem to know more about me !!

Someone on Suki stated that after episode 14 he knows that Alto loves Ranka more than Sheryl, my reply was something along the lines of "Because of the rescue attempt? If so than the real triangle is Alto, Ranka, Luca". And than someone added that Alto didn't wait for permission to rescue Luca unlike Ranka. :lol:

My My, you should be a comic my friend! I can't stop laughing .( I am not exaggerating or something and I don't want to insult you or something it's "not in my character) but come on... You think that I'm a guy who pretend to be a girl and who, whatch it !!! : is writing in another forum that I know that Alto loves Ranka more than Sheryl since episode 14 ? Being a girl or a guy shouldn't mean anything here or normaly in this context but you mean to suggest I'm faking??!!

I do know now that you can't bear me for telling what I think especially about Sheryl but WOW the fact that I'm a girl and you're telling that I'm guy who pretend to be a girl according to forums :o << you killed me here. Do you really think what you have just said ???!! Well I'm an impostor now !! ( Can't you spare me your mind-expansions ? lol ) Well laughing is good for health so thanks ;) By the way, I think I'm a girl( sorry for the disenchantment) but now you do sowed the seeds of doubt in my mind lol It seems there' are a lot of things I ignore about myself ! By the way just let me know if we aren't each other adults ok ? (I'm joking too much it seems...)

Sounds like someone else I can think of too

We really misunderstood at first. How can I ever be mistaken like that even though you're such a discerning person ^_^;)

If you like as much my name just change yours ;) No, seriously, I'm so unfair with you're Queen, Goddess, Beloved, Sheryl that I'm accused to be a fake first and now I am complete idiot ? Westlo, I do not judge virtual people ;) : but hum!! I think I have replied to you concerning Sheryl , you didn't replied so you don't have the right to tell me about misunderstanding even though you don't even bother to tell me where I'm wrong ." Rubi is wrong so decided Westlo:Amen

And since your bias is towards Sheryl, it'd be more fitting finding posts where you've completely misinterpreted her character... Oh, but this only applies if you assume rubi did this with regards to Ranka. Of course you, being admittedly Sheryl-biased, is likely to feel so. However other's might not, just as they might not feel you're completely misinterpreting Sheryl's character either. All in all, I don't think the comparison was too unjustified.

Well, I don't have anything to add, Your honour !

It's like you don't realize that someone's bias towards a character can affect their judgment of another character completely! If not wtf are you trying to say here? Also please find a post where I've misinterpreted Sheryl's character, but I wouldn't bother looking too long if i was you.

Rubi this rubi that , what the hell did I do this time ? let's discover it !!

Oh.... Westlo, you're able to fairly judge while I can't...oh and more, I make up fallacies to prove my point that Sheryl is superior.. Me ? you hurt me here ! What can I say here you already made up your mind aren't you ?! Well I must suffer from mythomania at this point ...

I don't want to waste my time but since I'm surfing on the net now...According to you, people shouldn't bother to convince me however "I don't think it's worth trying to convince rubi " + "if you wanted to compare me to rubi" + "I'm saying I can do that while rubi can't".... === For an irretrievable person like me , you do know well how to speak about me and instead of me moreover you are wasting your time with me :wacko: <<< What a paradox!! I'm really touched

1. You're saying I should prove you're as bad as her, by finding posts of you doing something that she allegedly does. I can say I don't find her to be guilty of this, and I'll just contend with that you're not doing it either. But you insist that she is in fact doing it, then it should be you who bring about the evidence.

2. I've no doubt you will find posts you feel prove this if you decided to. But, having read said posts myself (there's like 5 of them?) I already came to the conclusion that I feel they weren't. So we're going to be stuck there.

I say we just leave it instead?

So do I, but I'm inspired so :

Mistress Sheryl wrapped a collar around me when she said Strawberry Pie!<< WOW biased fan aren't you ?!

Can someone tell me why Ranka, the main female character, has 12 votes, and Sheryl, the OTHER main female character, has 83 votes? <<QUOTE (freya@

Because Sheryl is awesome.<<Westlo Hum I though that Sheryl popularity wasn't because of her look but for her character ; and yet you explained me so well why she has a high popularity..... speechless

QUOTE (Keith @ Jun 10 2008, 11:35 PM) *

Definately Sheryl, I'd be extremely surprised if she didn't wind up with Alto.

Westlo :

If you follow anime trends Ranka is a 90% chance to win... seriously the amount of women in Sheryl's mold who wins is low... Last one.. maybe Shuffle? Thankfully Kawamori bucks the trend with his women... let's hope he doesn't slip up here.<< in the freya poll you're saying that we all know who is going to win talking about Sheryl << another paradox!! hum Like VF-25 Messiah said : I say we just leave it instead ?!( It's annoying to come into this play picking up sentences, finding out,So silly but yeah yeah I'm young(it(s a good argument no? ) I know...) >> we should all respect the wise common saying " act you age " no ?! ( Thanks to you I may improve my english ) so It's not that bad !!!

Westlo, I'm really concerned, BREATHHHHHHHHHHHHH It's just an anime it's not like I have committed a crime because I expose my point of view , really!! It's a friendly advice !!Hope you don't hold a grudge it's just ......well......... my regular ironic way of expressing my disagreement !! So grin and beat it like me !!

By the way I take off some smiley .I don't think I can double-posted to reply to the others and I also don't want to write a novel(if it's not too late) , So I will do so after !

Bottom line: Sheryl is too high strung and doesn't have any of the humility which a woman ought to have. Ranka has TOO MUCH humility, which makes her look weak - but as she matures, she will learn that her humility and soft spoken nature are her greatest weapon.

Sheryl draws the attention of the tumults and will always have hords of guys running round after her. But this strategy does not work with Alto who, despite his numerous faults, is certainly a gentleman with a sense of honor - not a lame shallow casanova.

Ranka will always win over men who are looking for true love and friendship; Sheryl will always win over people who are looking for a poll dancer.

what's a "poll" dancer? hehe. i assume you meant pole dancer. gee, you sure seem to have a problem with empowered women, eh? <_<

as for me, i'm more attracted to strong-willed women who can stand up for themselves. "humility" bores me, and i end up having no respect for the girl at all. (yamato nadeshico without a hint of tsundere is way to boooring). but that's just me. ;)

Can someone tell me why Ranka, the main female character, has 12 votes, and Sheryl, the OTHER main female character, has 83 votes? <<QUOTE (freya@

Because Sheryl is awesome.<<Westlo Hum I though that Sheryl popularity wasn't because of her look but for her character ; and yet you explained me so well why she has a high popularity..... speechless

I'm also speechless, I didn't understand your post, I suppose better not read the rest :lol:

This thread is funny, it's entitled "Miss Macross Frontier Contest II", but the question inside is, "Who will win Alto's heart?" and some people voted on popularity. I declare this thread a failure :lol:

No, yada, rejected, bleh, are you kidding, zettai yada :p

You know, I never realized how difficult it would be to convince people to like a sweet, long-haired schoolgirl who looks great in thigh-high stockings and has huge

tracts of land

Go figure.