Miss Macross Frontier Contest II

freya

Who's the lucky girl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Alto's heart by the end of Macross Frontier?

• Sheryl Nome
    • Ranka Lee
    • Klan Klan
    • Luca lulz
    • None

THE THRUTH

I am sure at 100% that the 14 members who vote for Sheryl in this poll are men...

I'm not saying that all of the men don't even have an objective point of view when a BOMB or HOT girl is concerned, but come on!!!

It's pretty obvious here that you, guys ,didn't even bother to answer the question and just vote Sheryl because she is the most attractive...

Knowing that kawamori didn't even wanted for Shery to be the part of the love triangle but just the singer who inspires Ranka shows well that they add her at the plot because they did know that will bring a lot of fans with a lot who will take the bait...

I know that I can't generalize and there are girls who like more Sheryl than Ranka because of her cheerful character, she knows what she wants etc...

But, again, it seems that a lot of Sheryl fans are guys and you can freely says that the end will not be as expected for sheryl contrary to all of your " we all know who's going to romp home and win this" ..my my...

Well, we wil see what will happen but as for now (with a Alto who is fond of Ranka or obviously more) the only way for sheryl to end with Alto is :

1) the dead Ranka

2) her own death

3)a pretty surreal comic show made by your desire to see your fantasm girl ending up with the main guy who suits her the most ( don't dream guys I'm not speaking of you).. :D and all this high comedy will take place in episode 20 so WATCH IT : the knight Alto will have 6 episode (if you consider that it will have just 1 season), he will have 6 episodes to accomplish the impossible mission , that is to say , saying " finaly I don't like Ranka " , " I will go for Sheryl" :blink: ( The DYRL scenario is out of question because Minmey x Kaifunn got in the way) and Kawamori can't repeat the same old story..;

I can proudly say that i have voted for Ranka and I am a woman but( I will not buy the women voted for Ranka so all what I said about the sheryl 's fanclub can be said for me too) I didn't vote for Ranka face(well even if I had you could say that I'm blind..) nobody is perfect :D

Of course Sheryl will lose and Ranka will win. Sheryl is the most overtly sexualized of the two and thus as per the subtlely conservative, prudish rules of Japanese entertainment, the less sexualized woman will always win. Just like horror films here in North America; the virtuous, demure female always survives while the extroverted, sexually liberal females always die. So much for equality :):lol:

THE THRUTH

I am sure at 100% that the 14 members who vote for Sheryl in this poll are men...

I'm not saying that all of the men don't even have an objective point of view when a BOMB or HOT girl is concerned, but come on!!!

It's pretty obvious here that you, guys ,didn't even bother to answer the question and just vote Sheryl because she is the most attractive...

Knowing that kawamori didn't even wanted for Shery to be the part of the love triangle but just the singer who inspires Ranka shows well that they add her at the plot because they did know that will bring a lot of fans with a lot who will take the bait...

I know that I can't generalize and there are girls who like more Sheryl than Ranka because of her cheerful character, she knows what she wants etc...

But, again, it seems that a lot of Sheryl fans are guys and you can freely says that the end will not be as expected for sheryl contrary to all of your " we all know who's going to romp home and win this" ..my my...

Well, we wil see what will happen but as for now (with a Alto who is fond of Ranka or obviously more) the only way for sheryl to end with Alto is :

1) the dead Ranka

2) her own death

3)a pretty surreal comic show made by your desire to see your fantasm girl ending up with the main guy who suits her the most ( don't dream guys I'm not speaking of you).. :D and all this high comedy will take place in episode 20 so WATCH IT : the knight Alto will have 6 episode (if you consider that it will have just 1 season), he will have 6 episodes to accomplish the impossible mission , that is to say , saying " finaly I don't like Ranka " , " I will go for Sheryl" :blink: ( The DYRL scenario is out of question because Minmey x Kaifunn got in the way) and Kawamori can't repeat the same old story..;

I can proudly say that i have voted for Ranka and I am a woman but( I will not buy the women voted for Ranka so all what I said about the sheryl 's fanclub can be said for me too) I didn't vote for Ranka face(well even if I had you could say that I'm blind..) nobody is perfect :D

Wut, there is womens on teh internetz? :blink: Preposterous :p

Ahem. Anyway, always felt like these votes are hardly a "who do you think..." type poll, rather they're a "who do you _want_..." type poll. As such I feel the poll will differ very little from the female popularity poll. (Is this poll a continuation of that one? the lines are muddled even more) Personally, I still feel it's too early to tell who our flying kabuki princess is going to end up with. Members of both camps will point to various clues and proclaim them proof to try and convince everyone otherwise. We've had hints from both sides, but nothing I would call cold hard evidence. As such I'll refrain from voting for now.

Edit:

Mr March

Then of course there is that too. But you didn't have to say it and shatter everyone's hope :p

Anyway could add that the only two real options i've considered for this poll was either "Ranka" or "None".

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

rubi on live journal which is mostly filled with girls ranka just beats Sheryl in popularity polls, just.... also SHeryl has more female fans on AnimeSuki than Ranka and I'm sure Mike can tell us the same about some Yoko Kanno forums.

While Sheryl's looks are obviously a big part of her appeal people thinking her popularity is based on that couldn't be more wrong. Sheryl's popularity exploded in episode 5 Star Date, she was still hot in episodes 1-4 but when she was allowed to showcase her personality and character that's when she became popular. As a day 1 Sheryl fan from Deculture in the forums (talking about general english anime forums overall) it was mostly about Ranka until Star Date.

Edited by Westlo

To fend for writing in another language when I know that I'm far far away of the accurate ( If I could I would have been more active don't you think ?), I'm not a Messiah :D

Try writing in French, without being preposterous, :) it will be the same thing if not worst (hum) -_-:D

To fend for writing in another language when I know that I'm far far away of the accurate ( If I could I would have been more active don't you think ?), I'm not a Messiah :D

Try writing in French, without being preposterous, :) it will be the same thing if not worst (hum) -_-:D

I haven't tried writing in french in .. say about 8 years, so I think I will pass ^_^

Other than that all I can say is that the first line of my previous post was 100% joke. Had hoped the internet speak and smileys were enough to make that clear, but seems it wasn't. So sorry ;)

Sheryl has the best chance at winning Alto.

The reason being that they are both similar. They are stubborn, both used to fame, and they write their own destiny. They have more in common than Alto and Ranka. It's more like Alto is the older brother that is concerned with Ranka's future in relation to her dreams, while Ozma is the older brother concerned with her future in regards to her safety. Alto's relationship is changing from the older brother role a bit, as he's starting to get feelings for her.

Alto and Sheryl treat each other more like equals. Alto treats Ranka more like a kid.

Does Ranka have a chance at winning Alto? Damn straight, otherwise there wouldn't be a love triangle. At this point in time, I feel Sheryl still overall has the upper hand. Ranka is making a lot of progress though by going for her dreams and becoming an idol, and Alto sees that.

One of the most telltale things though was that Alto chose to go with Sheryl to Gallia IV and left Mihail to give Ranka the bad news.

Et bienvenue à macrossworld Rubi. C'est pas facile de communiquer dans un autre langue. :)

Ok, I'm gonna vote for Klan because..........................

Well, do I really need to explain? :D Since no one answered my question, I'm assuming we're voting for our favorite character so.... Klan :lol:

Ranka comes in second though.

Of course Sheryl will lose and Ranka will win. Sheryl is the most overtly sexualized of the two and thus as per the subtlely conservative, prudish rules of Japanese entertainment, the less sexualized woman will always win. Just like horror films here in North America; the virtuous, demure female always survives while the extroverted, sexually liberal females always die. So much for equality :):lol:

Thats one of the reasons I love Starship Troopers. The trampy cheating girl gets the guy and the nice, patient, not-so- over-sexualised girl dies a horrible, painful death. (and I mean HORRIBLE) Brilliant subversion of the stereotypes.

Taksraven

THE THRUTH

1) the dead Ranka

2) her own death

As a man, I voted for Sheryl only because I love Ranka and don't want her to end up with a self-centered jerk like Alto!

Unfortunately, nearly all of the lead male characters in Macross tend to fall in this mold:Shin, Hikaru, Hibiki, Isamu, Basara,

and now Alto. Kawamori doesn't seem to be breaking the mold, does he? ^_^

THE THRUTH

1) the dead Ranka

2) her own death

Let me be a guy and say this.

Sheryl is smoking hawt!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

My,My.... it wasn't supposed to be a novel...

What exactly are we voting for here? Who ends up with Alto or who is are favorite fem? I'm confused

For some, it could be the same question :p

Of course Sheryl will lose and Ranka will win. Sheryl is the most overtly sexualized of the two and thus as per the subtlely conservative, prudish rules of Japanese entertainment, the less sexualized woman will always win. Just like horror films here in North America; the virtuous, demure female always survives while the extroverted, sexually liberal females always die. So much for equality.

All depend on the Macross F authors but the politically correct show with the innocent girl and the modern one can certainly influence the story due to like you said: Japanese rules. For the example with North america I cannot say too much with the horror films(well I'm not a fan of bloody scene like SAW, it was enough for me) In any case, here horror films have the look of comedy or hilarious parody so I can't speak without know!

Ahem. Anyway, always felt like these votes are hardly a "who do you think..." type poll, rather they're a "who do you _want_..." type poll. As such I feel the poll will differ very little from the female popularity poll. (Is this poll a continuation of that one? the lines are muddled even more) Personally, I still feel it's too early to tell who our flying kabuki princess is going to end up with. Members of both camps will point to various clues and proclaim them proof to try and convince everyone otherwise. We've had hints from both sides, but nothing I would call cold hard evidence. As such I'll refrain from voting for now.

rubi on live journal which is mostly filled with girls ranka just beats Sheryl in popularity polls, just.... also SHeryl has more female fans on AnimeSuki than Ranka and I'm sure Mike can tell us the same about some Yoko Kanno forums.

While Sheryl's looks are obviously a big part of her appeal people thinking her popularity is based on that couldn't be more wrong. Sheryl's popularity exploded in episode 5 Star Date, she was still hot in episodes 1-4 but when she was allowed to showcase her personality and character that's when she became popular. As a day 1 Sheryl fan from Deculture in the forums (talking about general english anime forums overall) it was mostly about Ranka until Star Date.

I'm sorry , but I don't think that the switch in Sheryl character in episode 5 Start Date can explain her current popularity which is obviously far away ahead Ranka.

Of course her behaviour with the attack during the concert with a total indifference towards the audience at the concert with the sentence " this is a job for the professionals" leaded her towards less fans because she was too much .... but you can't speak about an explosion of her popularity now because she is the cool girl,flirt with Alto ...

If you say so, how can you explain the vision of Sheryl fans in episode 12 when she perfectly knew the intention of Ranka to give Alto a ticket for her concert but played a doubled game in going to Galia IV with him ?... You all say that it's the life... This shows well how subjective you are when it comes to Sheryl<< So she is not judged according to her personality and character but according to your first impression of her = Sheryl looks mature...et patati et patata..

Concerning the Sheryl fan club female in the other forums you're right , ranka just beats Sheryl in popularity polls, but she beats her anyway!, for the girls in the others forums who are for Ranka : Are you sure they're girls ? :p << Everyone is free to think what they want, you say they're in majority women but the majority is not everyone!

You look like a sheryl fan for the first episode so it's sure you will agree with me when I say that you're not a part of the people who favoured the explosion of Sheryl popularity after the 5th episode because you're a part of the people who were already behind her even before her good transformation :)

I haven't tried writing in french in .. say about 8 years, so I think I will pass ^_^

Other than that all I can say is that the first line of my previous post was 100% joke. Had hoped the internet speak and smileys were enough to make that clear, but seems it wasn't. So sorry

Apologies accepted. We surely misunderstood each other so let's move on :)

Sheryl has the best chance at winning Alto.

They have more in common than Alto and Ranka. It's more like Alto is the older brother that is concerned with Ranka's future in relation to her dreams, while Ozma is the older brother concerned with her future in regards to her safety. Alto's relationship is changing from the older brother role a bit, as he's starting to get feelings for her.

Alto and Sheryl treat each other more like equals. Alto treats Ranka more like a kid.

I feel Sheryl still overall has the upper hand. Ranka is making a lot of progress though by going for her dreams and becoming an idol, and Alto sees that.

One of the most telltale things though was that Alto chose to go with Sheryl to Gallia IV and left Mihail to give Ranka the bad news.

Et bienvenue à macrossworld Rubi. C'est pas facile de communiquer dans un autre langue. :)

Not since the 13th episode when he started to blushed around her at every glance like a kid. I think this is actually the opposite ( This is more Alto who is becoming more and more and child who don't even know how to express his feeling << OMG either this is the hour or I'm into the soap opera now...

He did not went for her but for the endless sky she sold him ( gratis )

Merci Sumdumgai !! C'est clair que essayer de trouver les mots justes et sans fautes c'est la CATA!! :)

As a man, I voted for Sheryl only because I love Ranka and don't want her to end up with a self-centered jerk like Alto!

Unfortunately, nearly all of the lead male characters in Macross tend to fall in this mold:Shin, Hikaru, Hibiki, Isamu, Basara,

and now Alto. Kawamori doesn't seem to be breaking the mold, does he? ^_^

I too thought that Alto was a total jerk in episode 12 or when Ranka transfers to his school with his ahh ok it's cool attitude<< hum sure she is too better for him... but if you think so, you consider that Sheryl deserves him more than her ( well if you want to say that this is because Sheryl + Alto = Parce que je le vaut bien )!! Hum well I can't object here :p

Let me be a guy and say this.

Sheryl is smoking hawt!!!

Well let me be a girl and say this : AMEN! :D

Thats one of the reasons I love Starship Troopers. The trampy cheating girl gets the guy and the nice, patient, not-so- over-sexualised girl dies a horrible, painful death. (and I mean HORRIBLE) Brilliant subversion of the stereotypes.

Taksraven

I always thought it was because she traded up for another trophy fly boy that unfortunately got "His brain's been sucked out!" :)

Of course she'd go back to old willin'-n-desperate, until the next trophy comes along named...Charlie Sheen :p;)

All depend on the Macross F authors but the politically correct show with the innocent girl and the modern one can certainly influence the story due to like you said: Japanese rules. For the example with North america I cannot say too much with the horror films(well I'm not a fan of bloody scene like SAW, it was enough for me) In any case, here horror films have the look of comedy or hilarious parody so I can't speak without know!

Well I was just answering the thread actually, with a facetious reply of course :)

But seriously, it really depends on how you look at it. The characterizations might appear pure vs. promiscuous morality at first glance. But looking deeper could reveal the virtue of the characterizations. So many young girls are victims of the unattainable female ideal and too many boys obsess over the very same. Perhaps Ranka beating out Sheryl for Alto's affections (assuming that is how it plays) is a good lesson not because of the females sexuality, but in spite of it. Hikaru found what he was looking for in the less glamorous, more down-to-earth Misa rather than the feminine ideal he thought was Minmay. Alto may also reject the glamorous Sheryl in favour of the more real Ranka. All in all, not a bad pair of role models for a young audience to admire.

THE THRUTH

NOOOOT!!! (I'm a female!) Sheryl is hot, and I admire her character, her composure, her skillz too! All hail the Queen!

True, in the forums I go in, Sheryl just owns by a large margin. Live Journal looks like the exception.

Anyway, this is also starting to turn out as a popularity poll (I'm guilty, yes) :p

If the question is "Who do you want to end up with Alto?", I'd say Ranka. (Sheryl is too much for him)

If the question is "Who do you think will end up with Alto?", I'd say I don't know, and won't guess. If I go shipping, the ship I will ride in is solely dependent on being stirred by the story writers, and I don't like that. :p

If the question is "If they were real humans, who do you want to end up with Alto?" Sheryl ALL THE WAY.

Edited by mike_s_6

While Sheryl's HOTNESS is certainly what piqued my interest in the beginning of the show, it is not my sole reason for liking her so much. Her strength and independence are her most attractive qualities. She is human so the hits that she take affect her, but she pulls herself back up to do what is necessary. She does not wait for things to come to her, but instead puts the effort to try and reach her goals through her own power. There is an edge to her personality that makes her seem very adult which probably comes from growing up without any close relations and that maturity is also very appealing. Anyways, while looks are what usually catches a person's interest at first, they can be taken only so far before people being to lose interest.

well, I just voted for Sheryl, and I'm definitely not male.

Likewise not all males vote for Sheryl because she's more sexy, and not all females vote for Ranka either.

Just trying to keep it real and not so serious. If I want to read a shipping war, I can read AS. These forums are fun because it's not all about fangirls fighting it out for a show that is only half way through its airing.

As for livejournal, LJ doesn't distinguish multiple accounts originating from one IP address from another. There was no way to tell if the votes were unique or were sockpuppets. Sheryl did have a bigger margin on Ranka within the first 48 hours, and somehow it changed as the days went on.