Dr. Mao or How Alto Learned to Love the Bomb

ComicKaze

Switching to reaction weapons should have happened in the first episode after they discovered regular munitions didn't pack enough punch. Is that what happened? And the after that, taking out Vajra was no big deal, right? Actually, I seem to remember them being pretty hard to kill even in the fifth episode.

not so simple. use of reaction weaponry is regulated, at best. a fleet can't use these weapons without specific authorization from a higher power, and only (i presume) after all other options have repeatedly failed.

Going by Macross tradition, we haven't even seen a full, solitary, percent of what the Vajra can throw at the Frontier.

I seem to recall in the first series a SINGLE battleship called Macross making fools of an entire Zentradi armada... until 4.7 million ships showed up and glassed Earth.

Seriously, the true terror of the Vajra is yet to come.

We've seen a SINGLE Vajra fleet get iced. Whoop de do. This is in a series where an armada of 10,000 capital ships and its fighters is considered small. :blink:

First it was a group of lobsters,

Then one battleship,

Now a fleet with a mothership.

Anyone seeing a pattern here? ^_^

true, true. :) lest we forget, the vajra are a bug-type alien race which, in all-sci fi i have seen so far, rely mostly on vastly superior numbers.

although i have a feeling that while an almost mind-boggling number of vajra will come to attack, that battle mgiht just be a background to a main battle that willbe far more sinister. :)

Going by Macross tradition, we haven't even seen a full, solitary, percent of what the Vajra can throw at the Frontier.

I seem to recall in the first series a SINGLE battleship called Macross making fools of an entire Zentradi armada... until 4.7 million ships showed up and glassed Earth.

Seriously, the true terror of the Vajra is yet to come.

We've seen a SINGLE Vajra fleet get iced. Whoop de do. This is in a series where an armada of 10,000 capital ships and its fighters is considered small. :blink:

First it was a group of lobsters,

Then one battleship,

Now a fleet with a mothership.

Anyone seeing a pattern here? ^_^

If were to follow Macross Tradition than what will appear next is a..............armada composed of millions of Vajra Motherships and Battleships PLUS a Vajra version of the Gorg Bodolzaa-Class Mobile Fortress. :ph34r:

If were to follow Macross Tradition than what will appear next is a..............armada composed of millions of Vajra Motherships and Battleships PLUS a Vajra version of the Gorg Bodolzaa-Class Mobile Fortress. :ph34r:

Which will then subsequently be owned hard by a song (or heaven forbid, song energy).

im thinking....since the vajra seem to be controlled by someone else, that the more they have in the battle, the less "skilled" they are. So there may be a limited number of controllers. Have a few of them attacking and they can put all their attention into avoiding missiles and fighting, put hundreds in and the controller's attention is split between multiple units, making them individually less effective.

Nobody here thinks that Vajra defeated = new types of Vajra? :ph34r:

In episode 7 it was only a minor defeat for the Vajra, after all. Since a queen was killed maybe they will rework their strategy.

FV

Well... If there was Queen, there can always be a VAJRA KING too!!!! :ph34r:

Another thing to consider is that, as far as we know, Frontier hadnt been in a battle at all, or at least in many years. Their pilots would be raw whent he series started. Now we've seen a few battles, they'd have been training harder, better gear etc etc. I dont find it surprising they won.

Also Macross didnt exactly kick ass in the series at first. As i recall it, the Zentradi were studying it and sending probing attacks, not full on trying to take it out. If they had wanted Macross destroyed earlier, they could have done so before the huge fleet at the end showed up.

Edited by Scream Man