Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

brace your wallets for a hard hitting month in Sept...

but i think i can put in some over time and check for some o0dd jobs to pass me thru this..

haha..

you don't know the half of it, I've been trying to do about $2,000 worth of camera and lens upgrades by that time and the job search has been going like crap.

Edited by anime52k8

Thank God it comes out in September. I think after the VF-22 and VT-1 I need to take a break for a couple of months from the spending spree that 2009 has been for me and Macross toys........ :mellow:

Awesome, you can have it completely without the Radome attachments as a regular two-seater too.

High price makes sense since its a one of a kind unique mold that most likely can't be used for anything else.

Thank god its september, I just purchased a Max VF-1S, pre-ordered a VF-22S and are saving up for the VT-1.....and it would be nice to have some spare change left for a vacation too. :lol:

I love the VE-1, But I'm broke for now. Hopefully either reissues will follow or it will be around for awhile. But I agree with MacrossMan, best looking Valk so far. Detail is astounding!!

I'm probably not gonna be able to afford it, either. I hope they bring out some non-canon scheme later on, or something.

Something on the Yamato site's VE-1 page caught my eye:

◆変形の進化

1/60VF-1の変形機構を一部仕様変更に成功!

バトロイド時の股関節を収納、外す過程を、1/48のVF-1にあるカバーの仕様を参考に改良を重ね、再検証することで行いやすくなりました。

Apparently the transformation has been "improved"... by making the crotch attachment and release system similar to that of the 1/48! This is just really hilarious to me. Basically it sounds like they're saying, "yeah, we had it right the first time, never should've changed it. Sorry!" :wacko:

Apparently the transformation has been "improved"... by making the crotch attachment and release system similar to that of the 1/48! This is just really hilarious to me. Basically it sounds like they're saying, "yeah, we had it right the first time, never should've changed it. Sorry!" :wacko:

now that is just effin' annoying! so, they're basically saying that starting w/ the Elint, these will be the 1/60 ver.2.5 VF-1s... <_<

if they're really going to change the crotch attachment for all valks after the Elint, i might just have to pass on the other v.2 VF-1s i'm planning to get and just wait for the v.2.5s... oh, well.... (looking for exasperated smiley... )

Edited by m0n5t3r

I'm probably not gonna be able to afford it, either. I hope they bring out some non-canon scheme later on, or something.

Something on the Yamato site's VE-1 page caught my eye:

◆変形の進化

1/60VF-1の変形機構を一部仕様変更に成功!

バトロイド時の股関節を収納、外す過程を、1/48のVF-1にあるカバーの仕様を参考に改良を重ね、再検証することで行いやすくなりました。

bull... well at least all future releases will be improved. hopefully they're remember to keep the little hole filling pegs nice and lose though. I did like that on the v.2 you could get those pegs out without needing to break out a toothpick or paperclip.

seems like Yamato is taking a page out of Bandai's book w/ these incremental improvements a la DX... first the shoulder hinge, now this...

while i'm all for these improvements, it still kinda sucks for my other v.2 valks... -_- they really shoulda done these from the start... blah, blah, blah, blah, *%#$%^*&, blah, blah...

just checked Yamato's website and the VT-1 has that same statement w/ the improved crotch attachment... makes sense since they have the same front fuselage/nose section... but looking at the CF-1A, i doesn't say that it will have this improvement... maybe the G-man can shed some light on this? :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

My guess is, they had a lot of complaints..? Hell, it took me months to get the hang of attaching and removing that section on the VF-1D. I think I've only just finally mastered it.

I don't really see why people would "hold off" getting the valks they wanted to get, though. By no means are they saying that later reissues of the Kakizaki and Max valks (if they do them), for example, will NOT be identical reissues. I doubt they will go back and re-issue all the v2 1/60s up to now with the "improved" crotch-attachment feature. Sounds too much of a bother.

Edited by Renato

I wondered why they chose to complicate the matter in the 1/60 on day 1. The 1/48 mechanism looks clean and natural enough (essentially plug and play); and in the 1/60 pushing out the leg joint thing with "just the right amount of force" is difficult. It's very tight on some of my valks (and some of them are fine) and I risk scratching something.

seems like Yamato is taking a page out of Bandai's book w/ these incremental improvements a la DX... first the shoulder hinge, now this...

while i'm all for these improvements, it still kinda sucks for my other v.2 valks... -_- they really shoulda done these from the start... blah, blah, blah, blah, *%#$%^*&, blah, blah...

not really anything new though. they made similar little changes to the 1/48 line (tabs for the nose cone, fixed wing flaps, etc. etc.)

yeah (though, IMO they should've learned their lesson by now)...

but what i really would like to know is if Yamato is planning to do a re-tooled mold for the front fuselage/nose section part for the 1-seaters (and the 1D 2-seater) or will it really be "too much of a bother"??????? ahem, ahem, Gr-ahem, Gr-ahem, ahem.... ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

yeah (though, IMO they should've learned their lesson by now)...

but what i really would like to know is if Yamato is planning to do a re-tooled mold for the front fuselage/nose section part for the 1-seaters (and the 1D 2-seater) or will it really be "too much of a bother"??????? ahem, ahem, Gr-ahem, Gr-ahem, ahem.... ^_^

well from the pictures they've posted on their site, the nose cone doesn't look any different from those on the VF's so chances are they'll start using that on everything from now on. and they'll inevitably do a reissue of at least the main characters (roy and hiki.)

Edited by anime52k8

I have no problems with an "improvement". Although we can all say, "yeah bad Yamato for not doing this to start", many, many of us have been praising the 1/60 v.2, so just think of it as a reason to praise it more.

found some pics... seems they can change the hatch part only...

post-8437-1243395703_thumb.jpg

the circled part is now shorter and wider compared to the previously released v.2s. could be that that part is now connected to the hatch just like on the 1/48s.

post-8437-1243395682_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

found some pics... seems they can change the hatch part only...

post-8437-1243395703_thumb.jpg

the circled part is now shorter and wider compared to the previously released v.2s. could be that that part is now connected to the hatch just like on the 1/48s.

post-8437-1243395682_thumb.jpg

why would they need any whole at all?

Once Yamato let on that you need to rotate the legs to get it in and out I have never had a problem with the hatch. I think this more a problem of poor instructions and documentation than a bad mechanism. I really hated it until I saw that video on Yamato's website and now it's easy as......well not pie but..... :lol:

Anyway I could care less that they change the transformation mechanism and I haven't had a VF-1 with bad shoulders since the first VF-1S Roy so I am not really bothered by that either. You have to at least give Yamato kudos for the part replacement they offer through Overdrive. My company would never offer warranty parts through a vendor on trust (remember we don't have to return broken parts) or to people in other countries where our items are not officially sold.

Edited by logos

Once Yamato let on that you need to rotate the legs to get it in and out I have never had a problem with the hatch. I think this more a problem of poor instructions and documentation than a bad mechanism. I really hated it until I saw that video on Yamato's website and now it's easy as......well not pie but.....

but the 1/48 does the same thing only more intuitively and without a big honking hole in the underside of the nose when in fighter/GERWALK mode.

I'd rather have Yamato improvise those small pegs that fill in the holes on the side in fighter/gerwalk mode, and connect them as a bar instead of having them as separate pieces. Like on the VF-0.

Getting the hip bar out of the nose hatch is not hard at all, though I do wonder why the 1/48 mechanism wasn't utilized to begin with.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

another funny thing about this for me is, i don't really care much about the battroid modes for the VE and VT and can't even remember seeing them in b-mode in the anime... and i've all but decided to keep the VE-1 in fighter and the VT-1 in gerwalk or fighter when i get them later this year... doh! :blink:

Edited by m0n5t3r

it's a VF, of course it's supposed to have a Battroid mode, doh! and unless i was unclear, i was only stating my personal preference when it comes to displaying my valks... everybody else can display/play/transform their own toys however they want to...