Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

Have any of you who ordered from Overdrive received yours?

The tracking for my VE-1 has said "Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner" since the 21st. <_<

yeah, I got mine through them. Was only in customs for a few hours and usps delivered it the next day.

I was with a friend today, admiring the VE-1. We were totally blown away by the VE-1 :lol: A question came out, how do you land the VE-1 in fighter mode, the pilot must be exceptionally good not to damage the electronic panels below the undercarriage when landing !

I was with a friend today, admiring the VE-1. We were totally blown away by the VE-1 :lol: A question came out, how do you land the VE-1 in fighter mode, the pilot must be exceptionally good not to damage the electronic panels below the undercarriage when landing !

That should not be an issue in space. The fast packs and sensor equipment might be jettisoned. I would imagine a VE-1 could come back to the SDF-1 in battroid or gerwalk mode or even in fighter mode maneuvering like the space shuttle docking at the int'l space station.

That should not be an issue in space. The fast packs and sensor equipment might be jettisoned. I would imagine a VE-1 could come back to the SDF-1 in battroid or gerwalk mode or even in fighter mode maneuvering like the space shuttle docking at the int'l space station.

Actually, you can rotate and swivel the bottom sensor pack into a position which would easily allow a pilot to land normally, and you can display it with the landing gear down and all the parts attached....I just did it the other day! ^_^

yeah, I got mine through them. Was only in customs for a few hours and usps delivered it the next day.

And I just got mine yesterday. Not sure how long I've been waiting on it, but I ordered two other VF-1's with it.

Only problem I've had is that the antenna arm armor was put together backwards. Luckily there's a screw underneath to reverse the arm clips. Nothing like having a VE-1 with antenna poking out its rear.

And I just got mine yesterday. Not sure how long I've been waiting on it, but I ordered two other VF-1's with it.

Only problem I've had is that the antenna arm armor was put together backwards. Luckily there's a screw underneath to reverse the arm clips. Nothing like having a VE-1 with antenna poking out its rear.

The antenna assembly swivels so it can face the right way for battroid and fighter

_DSC9960.jpg

Edited by eugimon

while i was gawking at my VE-1, i couldn't help but think that a TV ver. VF-1S Roy would look nice having the same gray color as the VE-1...

4045004650_ce55866697.jpg

(and the dish will forever remind me of the USS Enterprise D, lol :lol: )

Edited by m0n5t3r

while i was gawking at my VE-1, i couldn't help but think that a TV ver. VF-1S Roy would look nice having the same gray color as the VE-1...

4045004650_ce55866697.jpg

(and the dish will forever remind me of the USS Enterprise D, lol :lol: )

I love the poses you have for the 1S'! ^_^

Actually, you can rotate and swivel the bottom sensor pack into a position which would easily allow a pilot to land normally, and you can display it with the landing gear down and all the parts attached....I just did it the other day! ^_^

_DSC9961.jpg

_DSC9971.jpg

beautiful!

m0n5t3r Posted Today, 04:16 PM

it's about time you get a new valk or two... stop wasting all your dough on cam stuff, lol ... next thing you know you'll be getting a dry cab for all that gear... j/k

i havent bought anything at all. im in the process of buying a house right now (crossing fingers) :lol:

as always, awesome pics eugimon... i for one prefer the VE-1 in fighter mode...

i havent bought anything at all. im in the process of buying a house right now (crossing fingers) :lol:

well, in that case... good luck w/ getting that dream house of yours! ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

Damn you all! Your galleries of Elint goodness made me break down and order one from Overdrive. I had to promise to REALLY outdo myself on my wife's Christmas gifts this year in exchange for her letting me get this. lol

Damn you all! Your galleries of Elint goodness made me break down and order one from Overdrive. I had to promise to REALLY outdo myself on my wife's Christmas gifts this year in exchange for her letting me get this. lol

You're gonna REALLY hate me then....

Finally got around to doing panel lines and some light weathering on my VE-1 late on Halloween night....Once the stickers were applied, I took some pics....Awesome Valk...now EVEN better!! cool.gif

post-11393-1257103700_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1257103716_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1257103732_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1257103750_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1257103769_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1257103794_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1257103808_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1257103822_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Finally got around to doing panel lines and some light weathering on my VE-1 late on Halloween night....Once the stickers were applied, I took some pics....Awesome Valk...now EVEN better!! cool.gif

cool pics derex! i wish i had the VE-1 too

Got an email from Overdrive this morning reporting that they where preparing my VE-1 & VF-1D (VR) for shipment. Anyone get the Vrigin Road yet?

Edited by logos

Got my VE-1 today. This is possibly the most beautiful Valkyrie I've yet seen from Yamato. I have the old V1 Elintseeker from back in 2004...and this V2 is a complete departure from Yamato's first attempt. The tampo-stamping on the new Elintseeker is impressive, just about as prolific as the VF-1J Mass Production's tampoed details. The forearms of the Elintseeker are slightly different from the standard fighter model, which is a nice touch. The decals that are included allow you to customize your Elintseeker to a degree. You don't necessarily need the "eyeball" decal on the FAST Packs. You also have the option of using the standard red/white fighting kite Macross symbol or a low-viz gray version of it instead.

Like some other people have already mentioned, the copilot is a tight fit, and requires a little bit of coaxing to get him into the cockpit, but the pilot fits just fine. Most of the photos in this thread show the yellow on the front of the sensor rectenna and the boosters to be a really bright banana yellow, but in person, the color is somewhat muted. I like the added color accents, personally.

A not-so-defenseless Elintseeker...

VE-1Elintseeker001.jpg

I like how the lower sensor array folds up sideways on the undercarriage, but it has a nearly nonexistent clearance sort of like the GU-11 has on a standard fighter with FAST Packs.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

A not-so-defenseless Elintseeker...

VE-1Elintseeker001.jpg

I like how the lower sensor array folds up sideways on the undercarriage, but it has a nearly nonexistent clearance sort of like the GU-11 has on a standard fighter with FAST Packs.

there is a better way to do it where there is clearance...a page or 2 back there is a good pic of it. ^_^

I SO almost went with the light grey Macross kite on the FP's....Glad someone did IT!!!

Edited by derex3592

Got my VE-1 today. This is possibly the most beautiful Valkyrie I've yet seen from Yamato. I have the old V1 Elintseeker from back in 2004...and this V2 is a complete departure from Yamato's first attempt. The tampo-stamping on the new Elintseeker is impressive, just about as prolific as the VF-1J Mass Production's tampoed details. The forearms of the Elintseeker are slightly different from the standard fighter model, which is a nice touch. The decals that are included allow you to customize your Elintseeker to a degree. You don't necessarily need the "eyeball" decal on the FAST Packs. You also have the option of using the standard red/white fighting kite Macross symbol or a low-viz gray version of it instead.

Like some other people have already mentioned, the copilot is a tight fit, and requires a little bit of coaxing to get him into the cockpit, but the pilot fits just fine. Most of the photos in this thread show the yellow on the front of the sensor rectenna and the boosters to be a really bright banana yellow, but in person, the color is somewhat muted. I like the added color accents, personally.

Thanks for your review man!

I am ordering mine as soon as my classes are over. 3 more weeks. Then I get to order, and wait another 3 weeks. But damn. I'm stoked. This looks like the best version of this toy to date!

Good work on that. What did you use?