Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

Jess I didn't think the images where that much of a problem. They should only be like 4MP-5MP (don't quote me on that). I use a 15" laptop and I have no problem viewing the images as my web browser shinks them down after the page loads. Download might be a little slow but unless your using dial up it shouldn't take more than 1min per page. ;)

And for those of you using dial up I'm.. :mellow: ...well.... :( .....56k??????..... :blink: ...really in this day and age?... :huh: ...TS! :p

Oh and OmegaD3k nice comparison pics.

Cyclone Trooper.....unless you bought from Overdrive and they have already raped your credit card. Oh well when the Virgin Road and VE-1 show up at least they will have already been paid for...... :ph34r:

Edited by logos

Jess I didn't think the images where that much of a problem. They should only be like 4MP-5MP (don't quote me on that). I use a 15" laptop and I have no problem viewing the images as my web browser shinks them down after the page loads. Download might be a little slow but unless your using dial up it shouldn't take more than 1min per page. ;)

And for those of you using dial up I'm.. :mellow: ...well.... :( .....56k??????..... :blink: ...really in this day and age?... :huh: ...TS! :p

Some of us are on 256K and are using very outdated, cheap, crappy laptops. :mellow:

-Kyp

It's OK, 256K is still WAY better than 56K, and I can always use Adblock whenever I encounter huge pics, but it's still annoying sometimes.

The VT-1 and VF-1D will most likely be the only two seaters I get.

-Kyp

And I was just getting used to how slow 1 gig of memory in a desktop with 4mbps connection felt. Given, I had gotten too used to the modem's old 11mbps connection. But, now, it's 5 years old and getting slower every day.

You, sir, have my sympathy.

Just a quick post here, got my VT-1 yesterday, and this is one badass toy. I took it out, transformed it a couple times and put the armor on, and this toy is simply amazing. The look and feel of it is awesome. It's now making me drool for the VE-1. Awesome job Yamato.

Just a quick post here, got my VT-1 yesterday, and this is one badass toy. I took it out, transformed it a couple times and put the armor on, and this toy is simply amazing. The look and feel of it is awesome. It's now making me drool for the VE-1. Awesome job Yamato.

I agree, got my VT-1 a week ago and it is a perfect rendition of this famous valkyrie. This is US$140 well paid, a friend brought it from Japan, free shipping ^_^

I get a toy that looks like a painted model kit, plus it transforms nicely.

One good improvement is the tampo control panel. Instead of having the white background now it has it in black like it should be so no need to add the sticker.

Hope to see that on the other releases.

I agree, got my VT-1 a week ago and it is a perfect rendition of this famous valkyrie. This is US$140 well paid, a friend brought it from Japan, free shipping ^_^

I get a toy that looks like a painted model kit, plus it transforms nicely.

One good improvement is the tampo control panel. Instead of having the white background now it has it in black like it should be so no need to add the sticker.

Hope to see that on the other releases.

Dude, I have been waiting for a long time to hear about the control panel finally having a black background like it should. Why the Hell it took so long for Yamato to correct such an obvious mistake is beyond me.... :wacko:

LMAO... and thanks for the sympathies, guys. :p The laptop in question is an old Compaq Presario 700...biggest piece of $#!t any computer manufacturer has ever made, bar none. Just do a google search and you'll see for yourselves.... :mellow:

-Kyp

Well I'll also chime in that I like my VT-1. Although - I will admit to a bit of VF-1 fatigue insofar as the thing that was really marvelous was the engineering of the version 2.0. Now it's just a matter of collecting the valkyrie from the show and those that I like from DYRL (those being the VT-1 and the VE-1). It's no longer exciting - it's just a chore really :)

I have to finally get around to creating diaoramas. I think my best bet is to go to a pet store because I've noticed that they always have lots of nifty landscape and mountanous and other diaromas at pet stores - mainly for fish tanks and the like - but they could work.

So much to do...so much to do. I'm basically planning on converting one room in my house and making it a different world... with diaoramas and sets for my Macross, my G1 Transformers and for Gundams. Oh - and for Revoltechs as well - although I've become quite selective with those and only keep the ones that are from anime I love - so Gurren Lagann and Haruhi Suzumiya....although Yotsuba and Danbord, while I have yet to read their manga adventures (though I did read a translation of the beginning of Yotsuba online)...are definitely staying too. So cute :)

Oops. Craps. Wandered off topic again...

Ah - yes..back to the VT-1... what I could really use is Hikaru and Misa in 1/60 scale kissing, and then the same pair, only with Misa slapping him :)

In any event... 'tis all good.

Pete

Dude, I have been waiting for a long time to hear about the control panel finally having a black background like it should. Why the Hell it took so long for Yamato to correct such an obvious mistake is beyond me.... :wacko:

LMAO... and thanks for the sympathies, guys. :p The laptop in question is an old Compaq Presario 700...biggest piece of $#!t any computer manufacturer has ever made, bar none. Just do a google search and you'll see for yourselves.... :mellow:

-Kyp

OMG! dude you could get a netbook with better specs. I say it's time to break down and spend $300-$900 on a laptop (or a netbook if you can deal with a 9" screen....which would probably still be better than your ancient Compaq). I am sure your Macross habit will understand. I just might speak to you for a while. ^_^ That or take your credit card/paypal and go on a glorious spending spree as "revenge". :lol:

......Ahem.... Back on topic. I am really diggin how my VT-1 looks in Gerwalk with the arms stowed away.

IMG_1495.jpg

Edited by logos

Sometimes I wonder if the CDX guys ever look at the manual. He totally missed the 2 tabs that come up to hold the tail fins in position in Gerwalk/Batroid mode......:(..... good review except for that.

Edited by logos

Sometimes I wonder if the CDX guys ever look at the manual. He totally missed the 2 tabs that come up to hold the tail fins in position in Gerwalk/Batroid mode......sad.gif..... good review except for that.

I forgot about those tabs because they're useless.

Actually I use the tabs and they tend to help firm up the backpack and IMO it looks nicer. Also if you aren't using the Super packs in gerwalk/batroid mode it's the only way to prevent the backpack from becoming a floppy mess.

Never the less just because you don't have to use them, it is a review and it is an option/gimmick that they missed.

Hey, I just wanted to point it out. I thought it was an important gimmick that is not on the other valks. I wasn't trying to much of an A**hole about it. ^_^

Edit:

I like the Collection DX reviews and their valk ones are generally good. But like the YF-21 and VF-22 there was some stuff that IMO was missed. I still rated it 4/5 on Youtube and I still think it's a good review. Sorry I didn't think you would get bent out of shape over it.

Edited by logos

Sometimes I wonder if the CDX guys ever look at the manual. He totally missed the 2 tabs that come up to hold the tail fins in position in Gerwalk/Batroid mode......:(..... good review except for that.

The bridge that connects fast packs hold the tail fin section well in all modes. The only time that you need to use the 2 tabs is in gerwark mode or battroid mode without the fast packs.

What the hell did I miss in my VF-22 review? I reviewed the crap out of it.

:lol: Not to be a twit or anything. I just didn't like it as much as the the others you had done. Too much crap going on in the background audio wise and I much prefer the light box video reviews. It's a fine review just not one of CDX's best IMO. I done mean any kind of offense...well not really. ^_^

Back on topic did the VF-1D Virgin get pushed back too with the VE-1? I could have sworn it was supposed to have a Sept Release.

The bridge that connects fast packs hold the tail fin section well in all modes. The only time that you need to use the 2 tabs is in gerwark mode or battroid mode without the fast packs.

Exactly what I said in a latter post.

Edited by logos

What the hell did I miss in my VF-22 review? I reviewed the crap out of it.

Actually, if we're talking about the same review, you could review the figure on a flat surface instead of your legs\room with that other guy and you could actually show to the camera what you're unlocking\fiddling with instead of turning it towards yourself. Having a surface to balance it on would picture how the figure can stand instead of it hovering over your legs.

The actual text and pictures review was pretty good, though. I wouldn't have been so harsh in the paragraph above had you fairly accepted some constructive criticism on your review.

I'm more curious as to why, of all your reviews, you chose to put this VF-22S on your lap?? It just feels like it was half-ass done as if you were being lazy man!

Hey, he paid lots of good money for the VF-22S. The least he could get is a lap dance. :lol:

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I'm more curious as to why, of all your reviews, you chose to put this VF-22S on your lap?? It just feels like it was half-ass done as if you were being lazy man!

the camera was on the table and there was no room for the toy

plus i love gamlin that much