Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

Not necessarily true... there are different levels of fanaticism. Some are completist, some love the rare/ not-so-popular valks, but alot more "casual" fans only want the "hero" valks.

In this case, once the "hero" valks are over and done with, they will not pay attention anymore to the newer releases. However, if the lesser known valks are released 1st, the hero valk collectors would still be looking at their radar to lookout for the hero valk releases and in the meantime, probably they might simply buy whatever is released in between.

Well, we've had now Roy, 3 types of Hiki (5 with VD & VT), 3 types of Max, 2 types of Kaki, oh yes and probably the dark Focker as well... So without the Max and Millia 1J's, every Hero Valk is basically out. Within a year they've made into v2 every 1/48 from the TV and Movie plus even more... except for two... <_<

I'm impressed to see people with common sense. Now that we have the two-seater and VT-1 and VE-1 anything in between is just a matter of time at slapping a new paint job from the same mold!

Good observation and conclusion all...

I don't have the typical "collector" mentality. I like to have one of each individual type of valk (VF-1, YF-19, YF-21, etc.) but I'm pretty unlikely to buy straight up repaints. Sometimes if I like the repaint more, I'll sell the model I have and buy the repaint with the proceeds. Part of this is because I have too many hobbies to really focus on only one. :lol:

The VE-1 appeals to me because it's different from all the others, and the grey paint scheme with the radome and electronic gear has the quasi-realistic military look that I think is missing from valks that are in bright colors.

anyone know a good site to order a 1/60 v.2 VF-1D? trying to find the loweest price for shipping to usa =[

Overdrive

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1131

Hobby Link

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00104

They are going to charge you EMS shipping but they are cheaper than Hobby Link so even though Hobby Link might ship it SAL you will probably end up paying the same in the end.

Edited by logos

it's a strategy by Yamato

given the sales and demand of the 1/48 Max and Miria, they know this are one of the most coveted valks, so they will release all the other unimportant valks so the stupid collectors wastes all it's money getting all the new releases, and when they finally dish out the M&M, even if the collectors are flat broke, they will get this valks, maybe by selling the inbetween valks, robbing a bank, prostituting their asses or whatever, but this way it's win win by Yamato and sore sore for the collectors esphincters

think about it, if Yamato would have inmediately released the VF-1D, Super Ostricht, AWACS valks and the M&M inmediately, would you care to get the VF-1A's DYRL dull repaints or odd VF-1J CF, uninspired YF-19 repaint and retarted limited VF-22??

The VE-1 appeals to me because it's different from all the others, and the grey paint scheme with the radome and electronic gear has the quasi-realistic military look that I think is missing from valks that are in bright colors.

I couldn't agree more. i'm really looking forward to this one.

Sorry, because I'm sure it's been mentioned all ready, but when is the VE-1 due?

Chris

think about it, if Yamato would have inmediately released the VF-1D, Super Ostricht, AWACS valks and the M&M inmediately, would you care to get the VF-1A's DYRL dull repaints or odd VF-1J CF, uninspired YF-19 repaint and retarted limited VF-22??

Well I have pretty much VF-22S over most of those (although maybe I can coax the gf into buying me the VR-1..yeah right..), but that's my own crazy love for that valk speaking anyway.

It's weird that they havent announced the M&M se but totally not worrisome.
I think they will eventually, they are probably hesitant to release them at the moment because the 1/48 versions are still readily available and aren't exactly flying off shelves on clearance. I think we will see them before or during Winter. It looks like their goal is to release all TV versions by the end of this year.

Also...are the tail fins actually smaller on this version?

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I couldn't agree more. i'm really looking forward to this one.

Sorry, because I'm sure it's been mentioned all ready, but when is the VE-1 due?

Chris

September...

It's weird that they havent announced the M&M se but totally not worrisome. It makes sense that the line concentrated on the 2 seaters and TV schemes, so that the collectors won't feel like they're collecting the same exact line that they already bought with the 1/48. In fact it kinda makes sense now why they didn't release 2 seaters for the 1/48 line. If people would have completed they collections with the 1/48, why would they even invest in a whole new line? Very smart Yamato peoples!

The manner in which Yamato is releasing Valks has shifted my view on my collection. I used to live and die by my 1/48's, but I now plan on selling off a few. I used to want to have everything in both scales, but as I begin to appreciate the hobby more and get away from just "hoarding" Valks for the sake of having them I am finding it easier to part with a few. Especially since I am running out of space and the 1/60's give you more real estate for your buck.

Don't get me wrong, the 1/48 scale will always reign supreme in my book, but it's just kind of corny when I sit here at my desk and look at my display with identical Valks in different scales. Some are worth it like the TV Max. I love looking at those two side by side, but I will be sacrificing at least two (maybe three) of my 1/48's for custom work and selling off at least least custom to purchase more 1/60 scale Valks.

Anybody intersted in a custom 1/48 VF-1D? ^_^

how much macrossman?, and your customs are as good as the kurt customs?

anyone has problem fitting Hikaru figure into VF-1D cockpit? It seems like mine just don't sit deep enough so actually Hikaru's helmet is contact with canopy so the canopy can't fully click into the nose. I have read the extra instruction comes in the box to put Hikaru figure in and I think I am fine, but it just don't sit deep enough to clear the canopy.

And man the Minmay figure is rattling in the back seat.

Edited by Vi-RS

The manner in which Yamato is releasing Valks has shifted my view on my collection. I used to live and die by my 1/48's, but I now plan on selling off a few. I used to want to have everything in both scales, but as I begin to appreciate the hobby more and get away from just "hoarding" Valks for the sake of having them I am finding it easier to part with a few. Especially since I am running out of space and the 1/60's give you more real estate for your buck.

Don't get me wrong, the 1/48 scale will always reign supreme in my book, but it's just kind of corny when I sit here at my desk and look at my display with identical Valks in different scales. Some are worth it like the TV Max. I love looking at those two side by side, but I will be sacrificing at least two (maybe three) of my 1/48's for custom work and selling off at least least custom to purchase more 1/60 scale Valks.

Anybody intersted in a custom 1/48 VF-1D? ^_^

I never had any 1/48 up to date. I love the extra gimmicks on 1/48 but they are way to large in scale for me, and it doesn't look as details as 1/60 V2 when the scale get bigger.

I'd rather have all valkyrie scheme in same scale, instead of duplicating them in both scale or skip some scheme here and there. Space is an issue, money is big issue.

anyone has problem fitting Hikaru figure into VF-1D cockpit? It seems like mine just don't sit deep enough so actually Hikaru's helmet is contact with canopy so the canopy can't fully click into the nose. I have read the extra instruction comes in the box to put Hikaru figure in and I think I am fine, but it just don't sit deep enough to clear the canopy.

And man the Minmay figure is rattling in the back seat.

You are not alone on this. Seems to be a bit of a common problem.

You are not alone on this. Seems to be a bit of a common problem.

Feel better after hearing that coz I did not receive one that is faulty, so it means I have to do some filing on Hikaru's butts..... :lol:

Feel better after hearing that coz I did not receive one that is faulty, so it means I have to do some filing on Hikaru's butts..... :lol:

No need to do anything to his poor butt, just tuck in his arms and wiggle him down enough and the canopy should go down fine...atleast on mine it does.

The problem on mine was that his arms go over the side and prevent him from sitting as low as he could, you need to press them together while pressing him down at the same time.

Wouldn't it be cool if Yamato included some sort of hidden mechanism to make the radar dish turn? Maybe I'm just being greedy... :huh:

That would be very cool. Maybe a custom job?

That would be very cool. Maybe a custom job?

Most definitely a custom. Certainly not me though :lol: as I am no where near mechanically inclined to create something like that. Would sure be interested in purchasing one if it was made though. Any takers???

Edited by MacrossMan

Depending on how you wanted to mount the motor spin the dish, a small watch motor would probably work great. Just crack the dish open, assuming it is thick enough, and attach the watch motor such that it will mount to the dish hub, then position the batteries, etc... You would probably want it to to run off the second hand, sure it might be a little jerky, depending on the watch, but you would get the nice slow movement of the dish just right.

Depending on how you wanted to mount the motor spin the dish, a small watch motor would probably work great. Just crack the dish open, assuming it is thick enough, and attach the watch motor such that it will mount to the dish hub, then position the batteries, etc... You would probably want it to to run off the second hand, sure it might be a little jerky, depending on the watch, but you would get the nice slow movement of the dish just right.

Sounds like a daunting task! Would a watch motor have enough power to turn the dish though? That slow movement sounds killer. I can only imagine what it would look like. Don't think I have the cahonies to do it though.

Looks like you got the job!

I don't think a watch motor would have enough torque. And also, it would only turn slightly every second. Not smooth at all.

Vostok 7

Unless you use a repeater mechanism watch motor. In that case, it would move constantly, since that type of watch relies on a mechanism separate of the motor to tick.

I just meant something the size and configuration of watch motor, primarily flat, even the motor from a small travel clock might work if the second hand is continuously moving.

there are some small display turntables that may be flat enough to fit.

does anyone know if the boxes of the new VT-1 and VE-1 will follow the height and width of the new v2 boxes, perhaps just deeper?

i'm on the fence about letting go of my v1 of these two, eventhough i actually haven't taken them out of the box yet.

strangely, i find a more compact box design will probably sway me to pick up these v2's