Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

Not quite yet! I am still waiting for VF-1J M&M, and also VF-1A CF.

I can't believe Yamato ran through these so quick! :blink: When the 1/48's first came out were they fired off as quickly? I mean, if you don't have a boatload of dispensible cash, it is hard to keep up with everything came out so quickly.

I can't believe Yamato ran through these so quick! :blink: When the 1/48's first came out were they fired off as quickly? I mean, if you don't have a boatload of dispensible cash, it is hard to keep up with everything came out so quickly.

The 1/48's took quite a bit longer to go through the variants and indeed is still cranking out the variants (Max TV 1A etc) and never did come up with a 1D, VE or VT. I'm happy that I'm not a completist because the 1/60 2.0 pacing would have killed me by now. One thing good about the fast pace is that it wont take long for them to roll out the Low-Vis, Angelbird, Stealth, etc. I hope they go nuts with the variants and make a bunch of non-cannon valks. I'd love to see one in olive drab. :)

Edited by eriku

My guess is that Yamato wants to ride on the Macross F fancy; it will last till the movie at least. It's like free marketing from Bandai.

And also Yamato has grown as a toy company and managed to keep up the sales (fame earned) and production (economics of scale) pace.

Still, I would prefer them to slow down to 1-2 units per month. It would be better to extend the excitement and enjoyment of looking forward to the next Macross toy.

The offical colors can be done within this year, the enemies and variations next year. What do we have in 2 years time?

I feel ya mate. Trying to keep up is killing me.

The 1/48's took quite a bit longer to go through the variants and indeed is still cranking out the variants (Max TV 1A etc) and never did come up with a 1D, VE or VT. I'm happy that I'm not a completist because the 1/60 2.0 pacing would have killed me by now. One thing good about the fast pace is that it wont take long for them to roll out the Low-Vis, Angelbird, Stealth, etc. I hope they go nuts with the variants and make a bunch of non-cannon valks. I'd love to see one in olive drab. :)

I'm not a completest myself. But when these 1/60 V.2s came out I swore to myself to get everyone I could.

My guess is that Yamato wants to ride on the Macross F fancy; it will last till the movie at least. It's like free marketing from Bandai.

I don't believe this is true. Yamato has always destroyed Bandai when it comes to Macross.

Still, I would prefer them to slow down to 1-2 units per month. It would be better to extend the excitement and enjoyment of looking forward to the next Macross toy.

I could not agree with you more on this mate.

I don't believe this is true. Yamato has always destroyed Bandai when it comes to Macross.
It is true that Yamato is taking advantage of higher brand recognition due to Macross Frontier being on air, and a movie premiering this summer. What company wouldn't? It's common business sense, you take advantage of higher brand recognition and exposure because you have a higher chance for sales compared to a year when not a thing is on or even planned to be in theaters. The latter statement about Yamato destroying Bandai is biased and not true. No one will ever no for sure because Yamato and Bandai cannot have the license for the same product/valkyrie in the same scale. If they could, then yes we could see what Bandai could do toe to toe with Yamato with a Bandai 1/60 VF-1 VS a Yamato 1/60, or make both 1/48 and let them have at it. There are somethings that Yamato is great at, and same with Bandai. Even if Yamato, years from now gets the license for the 1/60 VF-25's and makes a toy, to say that their version destroys Bandai's is unfair because they are made years apart and undoubtedly a toy made years later typically outdoes one made years before.

It is true that Yamato is taking advantage of higher brand recognition due to Macross Frontier being on air, and a movie premiering this summer. What company wouldn't? It's common business sense, you take advantage of higher brand recognition and exposure because you have a higher chance for sales compared to a year when not a thing is on or even planned to be in theaters. The latter statement about Yamato destroying Bandai is biased and not true. No one will ever no for sure because Yamato and Bandai cannot have the license for the same product/valkyrie in the same scale. If they could, then yes we could see what Bandai could do toe to toe with Yamato with a Bandai 1/60 VF-1 VS a Yamato 1/60, or make both 1/48 and let them have at it. There are somethings that Yamato is great at, and same with Bandai. Even if Yamato, years from now gets the license for the 1/60 VF-25's and makes a toy, to say that their version destroys Bandai's is unfair because they are made years apart and undoubtedly a toy made years later typically outdoes one made years before.

You have a quite valid point mate. Thank you for putting it into retrospect for me. I was not trying to come off as biased for I often forget the whole licensing deal with the 2 companies. I have failed to mention properly how much I enjoy the "chunky monkey" even though I do not own any. And...you're right, I was being unfair.

lol, at the same time?? Yamato would kick their silly arse with a TRU 1/60 VF-25. Just fix the damn QC errors. They wouldn't be wearing Gundamian jackets either. LOL.

I love the 1/72 scale though... drooooooooooollll my chosen scale between the 1/60...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol, at the same time?? Yamato would kick their silly arse with a TRU 1/60 VF-25. Just fix the damn QC errors. They wouldn't be wearing Gundamian jackets either. LOL.

I love the 1/72 scale though... drooooooooooollll my chosen scale between the 1/60...

Yes but it's already known that Bandai was not going for anime accuracy with the 1/60 VF-25. Had their intentions been different, we would have seen otherwise, and that's the only way we'd know if Yamato would outdo them for sure; if both decided that they wanted to make the most accurate VF-25 toy in the market.

Also, I'm starting to notice that any toy Kawamori designs typically has accuracy taking the backburner, and usually turn out to be toyetic in some respect. Examples including the THS-02 Hybrid Convoy, MP Seekers, and DX VF-25's. Not a problem to me, just thought I'd bring it up because it might explain how the toys turn out they way they do.

How are everyone's VF-1D shoulders holding up?

I backed off the screws in the shoulders by about 1/3 of a turn each. That seemed to have reduced the rotational effort by half and still do well at holding up the arms with armor and gun. The screws can be tighten again if the joints starts to become sloppy. So for now, there is no problem to report.

My D and J are fine. I have a broken hatch on the nose cone for the hip bar but it arrived that way and I haven't heard of anyone else with that problem. Waiting on Overdrive but I am very happy with valks.

I think these 2.0 is on point in terms of toon and line art accuracy!
The neck says otherwise, not that I care.
No problem with my VF-1D!!!

But my VF-1S Strike Roy left shoulder finally developed acrack this weekend

I had a crack on the left and found one on the right recently!

Glad to hear about the D, however I feel that the crackers will occur eventually, there have been more reports recently of cracks on 1A's, and while it's still a handful of people, we went without reports of hinge cracking on the 1A for months.

See, now im torn. something i was saving for has folded on me, so i have money sitting in paypal. Now i COULD use it to help pay for the 11B which coems out in 2 weeks....or I could buy a 1D outright!

Decisions decisions!

Also; I never got the old VE-1, though i always liked it. Ill definitely grab one this time round. Not sure aboutt he VT-1, it was never a favourite of mine....

See, now im torn. something i was saving for has folded on me, so i have money sitting in paypal. Now i COULD use it to help pay for the 11B which coems out in 2 weeks....or I could buy a 1D outright!

Decisions decisions!

Also; I never got the old VE-1, though i always liked it. Ill definitely grab one this time round. Not sure aboutt he VT-1, it was never a favourite of mine....

get the 1D... first

DSC_0299_s.jpg

Yes but it's already known that Bandai was not going for anime accuracy with the 1/60 VF-25. Had their intentions been different, we would have seen otherwise, and that's the only way we'd know if Yamato would outdo them for sure; if both decided that they wanted to make the most accurate VF-25 toy in the market.

Also, I'm starting to notice that any toy Kawamori designs typically has accuracy taking the backburner, and usually turn out to be toyetic in some respect. Examples including the THS-02 Hybrid Convoy, MP Seekers, and DX VF-25's. Not a problem to me, just thought I'd bring it up because it might explain how the toys turn out they way they do.

Thanks for your reply Shin, i repect your opinion mate. :D

to say that their version destroys Bandai's is unfair because they are made years apart and undoubtedly a toy made years later typically outdoes one made years before.

Logical, but Bandai's VF-25 was made more than a decade after Yamato's 1:72 YF-19 -and yet the Bandai VF-25 looks like something that came out of that era in terms of sculpt and finish.

Pete

(who is about to start assembling his 1:72 Ozma from Bandai - which seems really beautiful)

anyone know where else can I get the VF-1D now? HLJ seems like put it backorder now.

Try Overdrive. FYI they are also having a older VF-1 1/60 v.2s and Destroid sale on right now. Buy some superpacks for your D or a J to go with it! :lol:

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1131

Edited by logos

Um, did I miss the news reel on the new v2 1/60 VT-1, or did someone else???

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1360

Holy crap it looks sweet. I am broke right now. *JUST* got my Max TV, and I still need to order a Kaki TV...

Yep, its been announced. You might wanna check out the pinned scoop thread for latest news(if any) if you have been away for a while :)

STILL waiting for my TV Max from Overdrive. I paid a LONG time ago and used EMS shipping yet most of you seem to have gotten your Max's already from OD. Arrg!

Chris

Broke down and preordered a VT-1 today as well as a VF-25F......my wallet hates me.....Hobby Search loves me.....to bad they didn't cancel each other out.

My only consolation is that I found a Mira 639 on ebay this weekend. Now I think I can say "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love my Q-Rau!"

Edited by logos