Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

actually, IIRC, the cover for the hip/nosecone attachment was the first ever breakage reported when the Roy 1S first came out (even b4 the shoulder hinge)... by member Alex... his sheared completely off when trying to remove the T-bar from the hip/nose attachment...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Yeah, I was just talking about that with him the other day. And that was the VF-1S that came WITHOUT A HEAD. :p Apparently since then, he has never bothered to lock the hip-bar in properly again on his subsequent 1/60.

And on my 1D the hip-bar lock cover joint thing no longer secures tightly. As long as the hip-bar itself is housed tight inside the cavity I have no big problems with that, but it kind of goes to show that they shouldn't try to fix what isn't broke. The 1/48 system was fine, there was no need to add this ridiculous "now you just gotta angle it juuust righ.... AW, YOU RIPPED IT RIGHT OFF" nonsense.

Edited by Renato

The whole sliding nosecone thing was a terrible idea... it makes transformation more complex and puts the toy's head in the wrong place with the only benefit being less of a crotch. The head also looks like it sits a little too far back in battroid also. Great toys, no doubt, but the more I handle them the more I wish Yamato had just made smaller 1/48s without wingflaps, removeable nosecones, and air brakes (but keep the bigger hands!).

I think the biggest problem, with the hip bar transformation, is that at first I was trying to push it in. It's more of a push in and pull down kind of thing. It's tricky but it's solid. FYI the cover shipped broken so right now I am just calling it a fluke. If it had broken during a transformation I would be concerned. Otherwise I have not had a hip cover breakage on my VF-1J or my VF-1S. Here's hoping for my last breakage on a 1/60 VF-1! :ph34r:

Edited by logos

As promised here is a pic of the breakage. Couldn't get a better camera so this is the best that I can do.

post-9075-1236277144_thumb.jpg

The whole sliding nosecone thing was a terrible idea... it makes transformation more complex and puts the toy's head in the wrong place with the only benefit being less of a crotch. The head also looks like it sits a little too far back in battroid also. Great toys, no doubt, but the more I handle them the more I wish Yamato had just made smaller 1/48s without wingflaps, removeable nosecones, and air brakes (but keep the bigger hands!).

I disagree. The sliding mechanism is godsend for the appearance of the VF-1. The head might sit a little higher, but that's still a better trade-off than low sitting shoulders, long upper arms and a pron star proportioned fuselage. I also don't think the transformation becomes more complex but rather more fiddly. Lets face it, Yamato does the perfect transformations but they haven't really bothered making them an easy and fun 3-5 step procedure.

I actually like the whole sliding nosecone thing. Makes for a very sturdy and tight battoroid mode. It takes a little getting use to but it's not so bad to transform after you've played with it a couple of times and know how to position everything. I had a really hard time with the nosecone/ hipbar combo as well but I really appreaciate it now.

I disagree. The sliding mechanism is godsend for the appearance of the VF-1. The head might sit a little higher, but that's still a better trade-off than low sitting shoulders, long upper arms and a pron star proportioned fuselage. I also don't think the transformation becomes more complex but rather more fiddly. Lets face it, Yamato does the perfect transformations but they haven't really bothered making them an easy and fun 3-5 step procedure.

I don't think the shoulder position or the arms has anything to do with the sliding mechanism, that's just sculpt stuff and other design elements and I like what Yamato did there. I'd much rather have a bit of a crotch (like all VF-1 toys have) then have the head in the wrong place :wacko:

All I can say is that when I look at the VF-1D and especially the VF-1J in batroid mode it just looks and feels right to me. I'm not a big fan of the transformation but I do enjoy doing it sometimes. It's like a puzzle, a sometimes painful and scary puzzle. :lol:

I like the sliding mechanism too, makes it different and fun, and I dont think the appearance suffers too much. On some of the valks it seems a little tight (VF-1A, case in point) - but on the VF-1S's its perfect!

I hv not seen my 1/48 1A CF in battroid mode for some time & made the transformation last night. I realised how low the head sits on the shoulder, (like losing its neck off!).

IMO, Yamato raises the head up on the v2 1/60 is a good idea. And I like sliding nosecone. I just find the 1/60 hv overall more balanced design.

Meh ... still like the 1/48 Battroid better than the new 1/60. I wish they had added the double-jointed elbow to the 1/48 though and bigger hands. I'm keeping all the new 1/60's in fighter mode, since that's the mode they look best in, IMO. Can't wait to get the 1/48 TV VF-1A Max I got coming. I've got a set of white side covers, TV hands, and neck support piece waiting for it. That's another issue I have with the new 1/60. Battroid mode just looks incomplete with the gaps under the arms and behind the head. I don't think it would have been that hard for Yamato to design some fold out covers that would cover these gaps. Or hell, just include separate parts. I don't think it would be sacrilegious to their PT objective with all the new Valks.

Edited by sidearmsalpha

I don't think the shoulder position or the arms has anything to do with the sliding mechanism, that's just sculpt stuff and other design elements and I like what Yamato did there. I'd much rather have a bit of a crotch (like all VF-1 toys have) then have the head in the wrong place :wacko:

Yeah, I totally agree. The new 1/60 head position reminds me of Masterpiece Starscream's "head on a pedestal syndrome", and although it is not so bad on SS, it pretty much ruins the new VF-1 1/60s. That's also one of the reasons why I haven't bought any except for this VF-1D, as on the 1D, the top of the chest plate is straight and the head is meant to sit higher anyway.

Meanwhile, I never really felt that the groin area was overly large on the 1/48s. I mean, in comparison I can see it, but I never felt it looked odd.

After looking at A7's 1/48's in the pose thread they've got a CHUNKY vibe to them.

The fat legs, long dong nose, and wide chest make the 1/48 Battroid mode an eyesore.

The 1/60 v2.0 Battroid is just sexay with a Hasegawa Tenjin box art look to them.

Just received my VF-1D from HLJ. Yeh ^_^

They included the Sherly Nome decals for the 1/72 VF-25 at no cost in the package. Yeh again! :lol:

The shippment did not include the VF-1 Super Strike Parts that was on the invoice. Doohhh!!! :angry::(

Got my 1D today. First thing I did was recreate the scene where the nose was on the Vf-1S, but I had to use my Hikky 1S. Anyway I love the figure the colors are perfect and luckily since I already had another version 2 valk the transformation and hip bar doesn't worry or scare me. Now for my Hikky 1J and working towards the infamous vermillion squadron.

does anyone know how much shipping for the 1/60 v.2's is when ordering from overdrive?

I ordered the VF-1J at the same time and for 2 valks they charged me $50.90 EMS.

Aside from the hip bar, now I have to do some extensive adjusting with the position of the fuselage to get it from fighter to batroid and vice versa. That means ripping up all the skin on my thumbs from the die-cast inner chestplate. Secondly, the right foot will no longer pull out of the lower leg! No matter how hard I try, it won't come out, even though it was not so stiff before. After forty minutes of struggling (remember I had transformed it several times before), I gave up and left a toy in mid-transformation on my desk probably for the first time in my life and just went to sleep. This morning I tried again, I even used a dishcloth to get more friction, but to no avail. Then I figured that I should just try to swing the feet in the closed position and use the leverage to get the whole thing to slide out. With a lot of torque it finally worked. But that's what I have to do every time now! The left foot pulls out with no problem.

Transformed my VF-1D for the first time this morning to battroid, and I had the same problem with the right foot. I couldn't pull it out no matter how hard I pulled. The left foot came out pretty easily. I loosened the screws on the right leg and split the halves a bit and was able to slide the foot down. No other problems besides that. I'm going to see if the foot gives me anymore problems by transforming it back to fighter mode.

Ok, just checked again, and it does require quite a bit more force to pull out the right foot than the left for some reason. I thought I was going to have to split the leg again to pull out the right foot, but it finally pulled out. Still after a couple tries, the fingers that I used to grip the feet got pinched by the ends of the feet as they slid off from me pulling so hard. Sucks! Never had this problem with a 1/48.

Edited by sidearmsalpha

Transformed my VF-1D for the first time this morning to battroid, and I had the same problem with the right foot. I couldn't pull it out no matter how hard I pulled. The left foot came out pretty easily. I loosened the screws on the right leg and split the halves a bit and was able to slide the foot down. No other problems besides that. I'm going to see if the foot gives me anymore problems by transforming it back to fighter mode.

Ok, just checked again, and it does require quite a bit more force to pull out the right foot than the left for some reason. I thought I was going to have to split the leg again to pull out the right foot, but it finally pulled out. Still after a couple tries, the fingers that I used to grip the feet got pinched by the ends of the feet as they slid off from me pulling so hard. Sucks! Never had this problem with a 1/48.

Try changing your grip on the leg. I noticed now that my VF-1D is a bit stiff on that leg too. I grab that leg by the upper "calf" and hold it on the back/front of the leg instead of the sides. I think holding it on the sides of the calf causes some binding adding to your problems.

Oh and yeah another great review by Wizatar. Have to admit I never noticed the seem line until he pointed it out. Thanks for ruining it for me! :lol:

Edited by logos

You know, I had the same "problem" with one of the feet on my VF-1S Roy and I expect that the 1D's got the same problem here - but it's just virgin tremor; You don't know what's "too much" or "too little" pressure and you will end up hurting her either way. Best advise is to just go at it and ignore your fear that she might feel some pain or discomfort. After a few attempts, you'll get to know that part of her better and be able to apply just the right amount of pressure to make sure you're both happy.

Pete

Yeah, I had that same problem with every one of my ver.2s. There's that one foot that doesn't want to give. But after it does come out, it tends to come out slightly easier the second time around. Oh, and if you haven't seen that review yet posted above, it's a great review. If I didn't own my VF-1D by now, that review would have me buying it. :D

Just got my 1D, and am absolutely stoked for the most part - the landing gear is the easiest to take out by far of all the valks, and the shoulders arent too tight. Love the tampo goodness!

One complaint though - the legs are a little floppy on my one. Does anyone else have that problem? (note:havent seen wizartars review yet...)

One complaint though - the legs are a little floppy on my one. Does anyone else have that problem? (note:havent seen wizartars review yet...)

same as my 1A.

seems like one of the springs that

holds the ratchet joint in the knee

is a little bit loose. opened mine

and put a piece of toothpick inside

the spring so that it will not move. :lol:

seems to have helped.

What do you mean by floppy? Do the legs wobble when you shake the 1D? If so thats pretty lame since my only 1/60 v2 doesn't have that problem.

Yeah, more or less; the legs wobble when i shake it lightly. Perhaps a better description is if i hold it horizontally with the legs in line with the body without support, they will swing down with almost no resistance. the thing poses fine still, it's not really really loose, but if it werent for the wings folded behind the legs, some of the poses I put it in wouldnt last very long!

None of my other 1/60s have that problem, neither A,J, or both S's - it may just be my sample. Its not terrible, though maybe on a $180 australian toy it is... Im still happy at least... ^_^