Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

And people bitch when I accidentally drop the "e" from Misa's last name...twice!

I can't wait for mine to re-enact the moment where... *drum roll* ... RICK HUNTER catches MINMAY.

*dodges brick*

Sorry, had to do that. :lol:

*dodges tomato and runs off*

Seriously, this is the ultimate valk for me. That scene will always define Macross for me, since I grew up watching the first volume over and over, staring in awe at what would become my most favorite anime, hell, TV show. :)

Seriously, this is the ultimate valk for me. That scene will always define Macross for me, since I grew up watching the first volume over and over, staring in awe at what would become my most favorite anime, hell, TV show. :)

I know what you mean I love the head sculpt for the VF-1D. I prefer fighter mode but this one is always going to be in batroid mode.

edit: Mine entered customs this morning and is just sitting there taunting me and giving me the urge to raid Customs Canada.......god I wish having a brother whose an RC could actually let you pull some strings! As it is he's just one giant nag...

Edited by logos

I can't wait for mine to re-enact the moment where... *drum roll* ... RICK HUNTER catches MINMAY.

*dodges brick*

Sorry, had to do that. :lol:

*dodges tomato and runs off*

Your in trouble now man, we don't tolerate that RT kinda talk here!!! Its cool dude, most of us grew up with RT anyways!! B))

Who's the best place to order from for this new VF-1D?

Edited by 505thAirborne

Got mine from overdrive for an ok price. Arrived here today actually and I must say I'm impressed. The colors are perfect and the sculpt..... wow! The only problem I have with this thing is that due to Minmay's terrible design she just flops around in the seat, kinda sad considering all the work they put into the thing. The arms aren't broken or cracking on mine and the pin doesnt look like it was bashed in with a hammer like I've seen in so many pictures of other v2 releases. This is a must get for everybody....maybe even NB4M.

I know what you mean I love the head sculpt for the VF-1D. I prefer fighter mode but this one is always going to be in batroid mode.

edit: Mine entered customs this morning and is just sitting there taunting me and giving me the urge to raid Customs Canada.......god I wish having a brother whose an RC could actually let you pull some strings! As it is he's just one giant nag...

You better not be telling your brother what these things cost cause mine is sitting in customs right beside yours!! ;)

I'm the oppoosite, never really liked the the VF-1D head, but like seeing the two seat cockpit, so mine will be staying in either Fighter or Gerwalk mode.

Graham

You better not be telling your brother what these things cost cause mine is sitting in customs right beside yours!! ;)

Mums the word! I don't want to pay that frick'n duty either! And it's still sitting in Vancover.........................Ack! sometimes I think tracking makes the waiting worse!

Edited by logos

QUOTE (logos @ Feb 26 2009, 05:15 AM) *

I'm the oppoosite, never really liked the the VF-1D head, but like seeing the two seat cockpit, so mine will be staying in either Fighter or Gerwalk mode.

Graham

I do not intend on having this problem, as I will likely be getting at least two of them :) Sadly, as usual - I will be the one jumping up and down for joy saying "I got my 1D" by the time April roles around and everyone is focused on the "next big thing" :)

thems the breaks :)

Pete

The way Minmei looks sitting in the back seat reminds me of the many airplane rides I had riding in "economy" seats. :wacko:

I still fly coach, but at least I can imagine it is the back seat of a VF-1D now. :lol:

Got my VF-1D V2 delivered from overdrive today at work... so excited... have to wait till I get home though. I hope there are no flaws on it....

How is the general quality of the units so far recieved? Maybe I should have got two? Hmm... not that is just plain greedy :)

Edited by GianS

Hey Guys,

My name is Sebastian. I've always been a huge Macross fun and I discovered this amazing website about 2 years ago. I have been a daily reader (sometimes several times a day) but very occasional writer. It is great source of information, a lot of fun, and has drove me to buy a lot of toys and put a nice collection. The difficult side, is that I am married with 3 kids, so you can imagine the face my wife puts when one of this beauties arrives at my door step.......not happy

So back to my question. I got my VF-1D yesterday from Overdrive......absolutely beautiful. One question though, the orange chest area is significantly darker than the rest of the toy, is this normal? I apologize if this is a basic question but just wanted to check if this is OK

Thanks guys for the great work you put into this

Sebastian

Got my VF-1D V2 delivered from overdrive today at work... so excited... have to wait till I get home though. I hope there are no flaws on it....

How is the general quality of the units so far recieved? Maybe I should have got two? Hmm... not that is just plain greedy :)

This is my first V.2 I was a little reluctant to start picking up this line because of some "issues" with QC in the initial runs. I decided to take a risk on getting the VF-1D. So far, no flaws and none of the reported problems that came with it. All joints are tight and nothing floppy. The added articulation in the arms are a major plus. Its just a tad different to transform. . . getting the swing bar into the nose cone took a little getting used to and getting it out was even more so. So be careful and read the instructions or refer to the tips on transformations somewhere in this thread. enjoy!!

Now bring on the Super Ostrich and ELINT seeker!!

Hey Guys,

My name is Sebastian. I've always been a huge Macross fun and I discovered this amazing website about 2 years ago. I have been a daily reader (sometimes several times a day) but very occasional writer. It is great source of information, a lot of fun, and has drove me to buy a lot of toys and put a nice collection. The difficult side, is that I am married with 3 kids, so you can imagine the face my wife puts when one of this beauties arrives at my door step.......not happy

So back to my question. I got my VF-1D yesterday from Overdrive......absolutely beautiful. One question though, the orange chest area is significantly darker than the rest of the toy, is this normal? I apologize if this is a basic question but just wanted to check if this is OK

Thanks guys for the great work you put into this

Sebastian

I know what you mean, Im married with two kids and have the same problem. So far she's put up with it. The hobby keeps me home away from my drinking buddies lol.

Anyway back to the question at hand.. Are you talking about the area just behind the cockpit? Granted that area had to be a tad thinner so the heat shield can fit in and perhaps with the heat shield retracted it gives off a darker color..maybe? It looks like most of the plastic is molded in color so I dont know.

You guys with kids are lucky. If worse comes to worse, you can always sell them (and the wife) instead of the collection. Many of us don't have that luxury :)

Now seriously: write more often sreyes :) Post some pics of your collection in the collection thread :)

Pete

I know what you mean, Im married with two kids and have the same problem. So far she's put up with it. The hobby keeps me home away from my drinking buddies lol.

Anyway back to the question at hand.. Are you talking about the area just behind the cockpit? Granted that area had to be a tad thinner so the heat shield can fit in and perhaps with the heat shield retracted it gives off a darker color..maybe? It looks like most of the plastic is molded in color so I dont know.

Thank you guys, I appreciate the replies. I borrewed one of the pictures from a few posts back to make my point (I am at works so can't take any pictures now). Look at the color difference between the chest and the legs. At least in mine is very noticeble

any commnets from anybody who has it already? thanks again

post-8755-1235662822_thumb.jpg

Thank you guys, I appreciate the replies. I borrewed one of the pictures from a few posts back to make my point (I am at works so can't take any pictures now). Look at the color difference between the chest and the legs. At least in mine is very noticeble

any commnets from anybody who has it already? thanks again

Ok I see what you mean now. Chest is slightly darker in the pic. Im guessing the chest area is definitely molded in color and the orange on the legs are painted on. Not really too noticeable on hand, but pics (depending on the lighting) do tend to change the colors of the actual figure.

I like how they used clear green lenses on the head. I only wish it had some light piping. Got used to my transformers lol.

Edited by holytoledo69

Just opened my first v.2 - the 1D.

Thing that I noticed right off is that I like the orange MUCH more in the box photography. The orange on the actual toy seems too cartoony and harsh or something. Maybe I'll warm to it.

The figures are great - perfect detail for their size. Hard to close cockpit over Hikaru's head though.

And the cockpit rainbow colors are hardly visible in person. Thing feels super solid.

A gun strap for $100 bucks please, with metal rings like the Beagle Galant would have been very nice.

Landing gear work and click into place with measured authority - very nice.

Will try my first 1/60 - ever so careful on the shoulders - mode change soon . . .

As ALWAYS Jenius's site is invaluable for reference:

"but oddly, while it features the attachment points for a gun strap, no strap is provided"

http://anymoon.com/blog/2008/08/04/yamato-...1s-superstrike/

Awwww - now I understand. It can't be too hard to make one (or 2, or 3 or 4) but they should have included it.

The 1D had been sitting in fighter mode on my desk until I can get to messing with it more.

The color is growing on me, especially since I can't see the box photos I loved.

Minmei should have had a peg on her bottom or something to secure her inside the cockpit (no jokes please) !

Her hair is moussed solid so that will stay in place . . .

Edited by DarrinG