Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

In one of the episode where SDF-1 landed on the Mars base, I recalled a scene where a VF-1D, along with other Valks, is standing guard during loading of supplies. Definately the 1D is battle capable Valk.

Yeah I don't think it was ever meant as a trainer it is just a two seater. The first episode it was just for display so it wasn't equipped properly except for the gun pod at the last moment

I think the 1D was meant as a trainer, the one shown in episode 1 defiantly was. I think the VF-1D works in the same way that the D model works on the F/A-18. with legacy hornets, the two seaters can be configured as dual control trainers, or they can be configured as all-weather strike craft.

the VF-1D was probably the primary VF-1 Trainer before and during SW1, but could also be set up as a combat aircraft, possibly in the strike role as well.

that being the case. I think it would the coolest thing ever if once the start doing Non-cannon schemes that they did a VF-1D in the low Vis version 2 camo pattern so you could have a Vietnam era Wild Weasel Valk. :D

I like the box art on the 1D. I prefer that kind of box picture to the generic "here is the airplane" on the earlier valks in the 1/60 line, let alone to the wierd abstract strangeness of the 1/48s and M+ 1/60s - and the generic zeroes too...

Hopefully, with the Destroids getting some nice art, and this 1D - it'll set a trend. Boxes should be nice if they're going to take up this much space.

Pete

that being the case. I think it would the coolest thing ever if once the start doing Non-cannon schemes that they did a VF-1D in the low Vis version 2 camo pattern so you could have a Vietnam era Wild Weasel Valk. :D

You mean like "Orbot"? http://www.collectiondx.com/node/2992 :D

And yeah, VT-102 was most definitely a trainer, what with its international orange paintscheme and its VT designation and its labeled "student" seat, it's rather silly to say otherwise.

Mine shipped this morning from Overdrive. The pics just make me want it more.........OMG that orange is awesome! This might be the one that I buy more than 1 of.

Edited by logos

Macross Toys....I should start a crack habit instead and save some money!

I tried this already. Trust me - all that happens is you start seeing Lyn Minmey and Yamato valkyrie everywhere. In the grocery store, you take a carton of milk up to the register and try to give the guy 200 bucks for it and get annoyed when he's like "um - sir- that only costs 2 dollars"

And don't even get me started on what happens when you run home to open the box...

"Yamatoed again! Instead of a beautiful fighter - all I got was this white liquid that came streaming out! I hate you Yamato!"

:)

Pete

VF-1D lover

Edited by VFTF1

That VF-1D looks great, though I am as broke as a joke right now, I might get this one. Looks like they got the cockpit right and details. Plus it has Hikaru & Minmey in it this time, not like the original with 2 generic pilots!! B))

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :) So cute! :)

Now they need to do Goodbye Mars Misa rescue! All this Minmey love lately (new sexier version in Macross Ace, 1/60 VF-1D tv dress version, the DYRL statue from CMS) has really made me pretty much forget how much I loved Misa and become a total Minmey nutt :)

Pete

loves Minmey!

So what do I need to know so that I dont break the shoulders? Can anyone offer up some tips?

1) As soon as you convert the legs for gerwalk mode - before touching the arms - delicately rotate them both out and check your shoulder hinges to see if they are broken out of box/cracked/hair line fractured.

2) If they are - call up Monster girl (or Overdrive I guess)

3) If they are not broken: here's how to keep them that way:

a) When rotating the shoulder ALWAYS hold the square portion of the shoulder hinge with the fingers from one hand and rotate the shoulder with the other. This take pressure off of the hinge and ensures it doesn't get bent left, right and up down like crazy as you manipulate the arm

b) some people will say "loosen the screws" - I have not done that on any of my 5 version 2s. One of my version 2s had a hairline fracture out of the box - I applied preventive epoxy and it is fine. I personaly see no reason to loosen screw or otherwise manipulate the joint.

If it ain't broken - don't fix it.

Pete

EDIT: Re: super parts - I have two VF-1J Hikarus with TV super parts. I'm gonna give one set of super parts to the 1D :)

Edited by VFTF1

Considering shoulder breakage on subsequent releases has sharply dropped, I would say that the chance of the -1D having shoulder problems is pretty low unless you fling it around by its arm mid-transformation. Who knows, maybe that's what people have done to the other releases that have only had one or two breaks just so they could be in with the in crowd? ^_^

You know, sort of a "Uh oh, my Yamato product isn't breaking on it's own! I better break something subtly enough that I can blame it on design, engineering, materials or QC, so that way I can bellyache about it on the forums!"

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

1) As soon as you convert the legs for gerwalk mode - before touching the arms - delicately rotate them both out and check your shoulder hinges to see if they are broken out of box/cracked/hair line fractured.

2) If they are - call up Monster girl (or Overdrive I guess)

3) If they are not broken: here's how to keep them that way:

a) When rotating the shoulder ALWAYS hold the square portion of the shoulder hinge with the fingers from one hand and rotate the shoulder with the other. This take pressure off of the hinge and ensures it doesn't get bent left, right and up down like crazy as you manipulate the arm

b) some people will say "loosen the screws" - I have not done that on any of my 5 version 2s. One of my version 2s had a hairline fracture out of the box - I applied preventive epoxy and it is fine. I personaly see no reason to loosen screw or otherwise manipulate the joint.

If it ain't broken - don't fix it.

Pete

EDIT: Re: super parts - I have two VF-1J Hikarus with TV super parts. I'm gonna give one set of super parts to the 1D :)

Loosening the screws is actually super easy and it still keeps the ball joint more than tight enough to hold a pose. Getting that shoulder armor off is a little scary but it's just 2 small posts (you can't break these) that sit in a track. I transformed my VF-1S to fighter today and I noticed that the cracks are really showing while I am lifting and rotating the arms around that tab during transformation. I'll have to pay more attention to how I do that and be more carefull but I already got my replacements for Overdrive. Once these arms actually fall off I'll put the new ones on.

I think the best way to move the shoulder during transformation is to make sure that you keep those 2 shoulder brackets at 90 while rotating the shoulder for as long as you can before folding down.

Edited by logos

It looks like the VT-1 might be the same color of orange too (if those previous pics mean anything) which is awesome. I haven't felt this giddy about getting a Macross toy (VF-1D) since I ordered my VF-0!

Let's see how long it takes for Overdrive's shipment to reach the Bay Area.

It would've been nice if Yamato threw in a busted arm to recreate the classic Gerwalk firing pose.

Let's see how long it takes for Overdrive's shipment to reach the Bay Area.

It would've been nice if Yamato threw in a busted arm to recreate the classic Gerwalk firing pose.

PREEMPTIVE STRIKE!

"It's a Yamato, just give it a few days out of the box!"

Vostok 7

"Yamatoed again! Instead of a beautiful fighter - all I got was this white liquid that came streaming out! I hate you Yamato!"

:)

Pete

VF-1D lover

When a Hikaru and a Misa love each other very much...

:lol:

I LOVE this pose! I may have to disply mine for a spell like this....

DSC_9841.JPG

...Minmay gets in the way and... Well... Let's just say it's NOT Kaifun's... ;)

So... I doubt this can detach its left arm, holding Minmay...

No buy. <_<

THANKS!!!

By the way, you can get replacement parts for the arms. I got 2 arm replacements for my 1S for free from HLJ (but I bought it from there, soooo....) - But I havent been terribly delicate with my other V2's, and they are holding up very nicely. Just enjoy it!

You crazy cats & your shipping. I picked up mine from the store yesterday & very nice it is to. The only bad point is that there is not enough leg room in the rear seat for a full size pilot, hence why Minmay has her knees pulled up to her chin. No shoulder cracks on mine.

You crazy cats & your shipping. I picked up mine from the store yesterday & very nice it is to. The only bad point is that there is not enough leg room in the rear seat for a full size pilot, hence why Minmay has her knees pulled up to her chin. No shoulder cracks on mine.

Not all of us can live in the Holy Land.

Or in your case, across the sea and a bit south of the Holy Land. :lol:

Vostok 7

LOLed :D

but hey, not enough leg room in the rear seat for a full sized pilot?

if they do a virgin road vf-1d,

then miria's also gonna have to have her knees pulled up like minmey,

or she would have isamu legs.

and we all know how much that would suck...

did yamato ever have a virgin road or CF vf-1d in mind?

seems like they didnt after all...

hope there's enough room in the rear seat for the VT-1 and VE-1

LOLed :D

but hey, not enough leg room in the rear seat for a full sized pilot?

if they do a virgin road vf-1d,

then miria's also gonna have to have her knees pulled up like minmey,

or she would have isamu legs.

and we all know how much that would suck...

did yamato ever have a virgin road or CF vf-1d in mind?

seems like they didnt after all...

hope there's enough room in the rear seat for the VT-1 and VE-1

This is Yamato! Of course there'll be remakes!

Including a non-canon CF-1D...

rub it in for the less fortunate who don't live downstairs to a real toy store not some "americanized toy's r us" won't sell real anime stuff. We get hijacked here for anime products unless we order form online store that charge us shipping.

Your in the GOLD Graham. Hong Kong. Wan Jai.