Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

I'm with nightmare and Danth, it just doesn't do it for me. Yes the canopy is slightly longer, but my lord, BARELY. I'll need to see a good profile shot before I decide, but for now, I'm passing. Glad, most of you like it though.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I will have to redo Minmei's figure for a proper fit into the cockpit. That figure in the photo just looks to awkward in the backseat. It almost looks like her knees are touching her chin. :wacko:

There we go, the cycle repeats itself ("Hey they did it right this time! I am buying!"..."hmmm, it's not good enough, I hope they further tweak it!"..."It's crap! I will cancel my order/I pass"...)

Gracias Ignacio, yo estoy en Hong Kong, así que voy a los tiendas no virtuales a ver con qué me topo, y generalmente me sale más barato que comprar desde HLJ u Overdrive, pero no siempre hay surtido por acá. Te preguntaba porque nunca me pareció encontrar tiendas en la calle que vendieran este tipo de "juguetes" japoneses en Argentina.

There we go, the cycle repeats itself ("Hey they did it right this time! I am buying!"..."hmmm, it's not good enough, I hope they further tweak it!"..."It's crap! I will cancel my order/I pass"...)

Now someone just needs to bash Robotech (and Battletech too now?) and the cycle will be complete.

^_^

Vostok 7

Figures need a little work, i've got a great idea, lets kindly ask PetarB if he's got something in mind 1/60 style. :D His 1/72 scaled figs are perfect.

1D is looking great, i'll be waiting for mine at the aussie con in May. Till then show us the money pics.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

To be honest, i'm more or less glad they even decided to include a minmei figure since the obviously didn't need to, since hikaru did fly around a bit on his own, but its a nice touch. Not the best looking figure in the world but honestly its good enough.

I'm with nightmare and Danth, it just doesn't do it for me. Yes the canopy is slightly longer, but my lord, BARELY. I'll need to see a good profile shot before I decide, but for now, I'm passing.

Yeah, the more I look at the pictures, the more ridiculous it seems. It's funny that they have to show each canopy lined up just to make the difference in length detectable.

Edited by danth

If the canopy seems to be more in line with the VT-1 instead of the VF-1D, then its probably a cost-cutting measure, nothing more. Use an existing mold to make 3 Valkyries (VT, VE, and the 1D) instead of making three separate and distinct molds. But that could also mean that the VE-1 and VT-1 will see the light of day quicker than we'd expect them to.

If the canopy seems to be more in line with the VT-1 instead of the VF-1D, then its probably a cost-cutting measure, nothing more. Use an existing mold to make 3 Valkyries (VT, VE, and the 1D) instead of making three separate and distinct molds. But that could also mean that the VE-1 and VT-1 will see the light of day quicker than we'd expect them to.

You're assumptions are pretty close when referring about production of the VE/VT-1. But with regards to the canopy being like that of the VE/VT-1, their still off. The canopy is actully taller to accomodate the rear pilot. The molds (if used) would only be another craptacular way of us not getting a true VE/VT-1, and a mediocre VF-1D delivered prior to that. <_<

Now someone just needs to bash Robotech (and Battletech too now?) and the cycle will be complete.

^_^

Vostok 7

Roboblech is the worst thing ever, booo to Harmany Crap and all that lol.

Tho the figure isn't perfect I still want it. Yes we are particularly picky bastards when it comes to our valks but at the end of the day most of us are satisfied with what we get as long as it isn't broken or anything. The VF-25 is the perfect example. I too said it would suck but I am content with my Alto actually, so I am happy to get this too. Plus I can reenact some cool scenes from the first couple of episode like the cockpit on Roy's arm and stuff.

^_^

Vostok 7

No, what completes the cycle is an idiotic post suggesting that we don't have the right to a negative opinion on anything, because only big crybabies think that expensive adult replicas should actually look like what they're replicating.

No, what completes the cycle is an idiotic post suggesting that we don't have the right to a negative opinion on anything, because only big crybabies think that expensive adult replicas should actually look like what they're replicating.

I totally agree. I'm good with the VF-1D this time, but felt the same way when critizising the 1/60 VF-25.

Except nightmare... he's just bitter... :p

The new VF-1D wouldn't look that bad if the pilots in the one-seat VF-1's weren't crammed so forward into the instrument panel.

A different pilot placement in the single-seater would benefit the entire line and help Yamato's illusion that cockpits are different.

At least, it would be better than having to create the comparison photos that show very little difference between the two.

The new VF-1D at least has the correct figures and looks better than version 1.

The easiest remedy Yamato could have done so the 2-seaters don't look too off is to lower the height of the canopy and slim down the thickness of the backrests on both seats. It would help create a longer and sleeker look without doing any drastic changes.

The least they could do is attempt to save this sculpt than just pass it for what it is...Blech.

Just my opinion.

The easiest remedy Yamato could have done so the 2-seaters don't look too off is to lower the height of the canopy and slim down the thickness of the backrests on both seats. It would help create a longer and sleeker look without doing any drastic changes.

The least they could do is attempt to save this sculpt than just pass it for what it is...Blech.

Just my opinion.

Bingo, from the very first pictures that were shown I thought that the canopy was too bulbous,more like the VT-1 than a VF-1D. The seat thing is a good idea too. It's probably too late for any changes though. That's fine, I guess I'll be able to save money for a change :)

Chris

Just an FYI, I heard from a friend in Japan that Yamato did, in fact, make a change to the shoulders. I guess the initial reaction was to build the shoulder more carefully but then, before the second run of the VF-1S Focker (no idea when that was), there was a slight change to make the plastic stronger. He says it can't be ascertained visually though and it amounts to a microscopic additional amount of plastic. I'm pretty sure this word was passed along to him by someone at Yamato and I'm afraid the only way to really verify it would be to buy an upcoming VF-1 toy and put the shoulder area on a scale and compare it to the weight of one of the original VF-1S Focker hinges.

Just an FYI, I heard from a friend in Japan that Yamato did, in fact, make a change to the shoulders. I guess the initial reaction was to build the shoulder more carefully but then, before the second run of the VF-1S Focker (no idea when that was), there was a slight change to make the plastic stronger. He says it can't be ascertained visually though and it amounts to a microscopic additional amount of plastic. I'm pretty sure this word was passed along to him by someone at Yamato and I'm afraid the only way to really verify it would be to buy an upcoming VF-1 toy and put the shoulder area on a scale and compare it to the weight of one of the original VF-1S Focker hinges.

it sounds like a good news to me...hope this will be proven soon...

that would be Sharon Tate. the shot is from the ballroom scene towards the end of The Fearless Vampire Killers. One of my all time favorite vampire movies ever. definitely worth a watch if you like older horror films

That's Sharon Tate? The girl who was later tragically murdered by the Mason family?? :( Now I'm sad you told me...

As for the VF-1D --

About the longer nose and the swing bar - have you guys noticed how in the comparison shots of the battroid mode a few pages back, the alignment of the chest caviy on the 1J and the 1D are different? I can't quite pinpoint it - but it's got something to do with the placement of the nose in battroid mode - probably recompensating the length difference. It looks like the nose on the 1J is lower while the 1D it is not. Lower in the sense of "below the chest cavity" - obviously both noses are probably the same "length" in terms of where they reach to between the knees. In any event - this is a marvelous marvelous piece.

The only thing that I'm mildly annoyed about is the 1/60 head sculpts on Minmey and Hikaru. Minmey looks like a blob. She needs some big blue eyes to make her look cute.

As for Hikaru - he looks like GI Joe or Action Man or something... He needs a bob of his hair sticking out from under that helment. He looks way way too old :) Like a mature man and not the boyish er...boy...he was at that point :)

Pete

The only thing that I'm mildly annoyed about is the 1/60 head sculpts on Minmey and Hikaru. Minmey looks like a blob. She needs some big blue eyes to make her look cute.

\

Pete

wow... okay miley. :lol:

Edited by eugimon

I don't understand why people are so surprised about the VT-1 and VE-1 2.0!? I mean, the first VT-1 and VE-1 1/60s had to go along with the other 1/60s. Now the VF-1D 2.0 which pretty much is a que for the other two-seaters. Hence, to go along with the other 1/60s 2.0.

It is only the next logical step people!