Am I the only one deliberately avoiding all things Macross Frontier?

isamu

Am I the only one that does not want to watch the show until the entire show is complete and all the episodes are done, so that I can watch them all in one sitting? I cannot STAND waiting a week inbetween great shows, and must watch it all on one sitting.

Is there anyone else out there like this, who is waiting until Mac Frontier is done?

Am I the only one that does not want to watch the show until the entire show is complete and all the episodes are done, so that I can watch them all in one sitting?

Yes. :) Some of us have even taken to watching a live stream of the show.

Heh :)

And here I was thinking "wow - an honest to gosh anti-Macross Frontier thread!" .... but no... of course not :)

I am just finishing my download of episode 13.

I appreciate the desire to watch it all in one fell swoop. That's how I watched Macross 7 and SDF M.

But I must admit that I am thrilled to be able to take MF in my parts - it's like being a kid all over again and wondering what will happen next :)

VFTF1

Seriously I believe the 1 per week way is better. There are many subtle hint and mystery in the early episodes that you cannot fully digest if you watch it without pause. A good part of the fun that we didn't enjoy before the fansub age is now we can predict, argue and debate about an anime with little fear of spoilers, because no one has seen the later episodes yet.

I know of one or two members that have said they aren't watching the show. It's not that big a deal really. You just watch when you can. Sometimes other shows movies or life is a bigger priority, though I admit as of the last few years Macross has been a bigger priority for me :)

I got into 24 in second season

Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined) caught me at third season

The Wire was almost finished it's entire 5-season run when I started watching :)

Am I the only one that does not want to watch the show until the entire show is complete and all the episodes are done, so that I can watch them all in one sitting? I cannot STAND waiting a week inbetween great shows, and must watch it all on one sitting.

Is there anyone else out there like this, who is waiting until Mac Frontier is done?

Yes you are. Man... that is just wrong... :blink:

normally i would wait until a series is finished. but this is macross we're talking about. it deserves much more of my attention!! and basically, i CAN'T WAIT. :)

it's actually kind of fun. harks back to the old days, watching evangelion and other series one episode at a time. it makes you realize that the series was meant to be watched that way, with a week to build the suspense.

can you imagine if ep 13 came right after ep12? all those wonderful (crazy/wrong/right) discussions about the WTF-1 wouldn't have happened. in fact that term WTF-1 would have happened. we'd be at WHAT THE --- and then ep 13 would come along and we wouldn't give it another thought anymore. haha.

Edited by dreamweaver13

normally i would wait until a series is finished. but this is macross we're talking about. it deserves much more of my attention!! and basically, i CAN'T WAIT. :)

it's actually kind of fun. harks back to the old days, watching evangelion and other series one episode at a time. it makes you realize that the series was meant to be watched that way, with a week to build the suspense.

can you imagine if ep 13 came right after ep12? all those wonderful (crazy/wrong/right) discussions about the WTF-1 wouldn't have happened. in fact that term WTF-1 would have happened. we'd be at WHAT THE --- and then ep 13 would come along and we wouldn't give it another thought anymore. haha.

Damn, that's a good point but still, I can't do it bro. I GOT to watch it in one sitting. The impatience in me wouldn't be able to handle the weekly wait in between eps :(

Damn, that's a good point but still, I can't do it bro. I GOT to watch it in one sitting. The impatience in me wouldn't be able to handle the weekly wait in between eps :(

Maybe I'm just a masochist, but I enjoy the exquisite pain of seeing an episode end and knowing that it will be a full week before the next one starts...besides, sublime nonsense like the WTF-1 theories wouldn't be able to blossom if we saw it all in one sitting...

I think I'd be hospitalized if I saw Frontier straight through. For that matter I may need to check myself in if we skip any more weeks. If there was a skip between 13 and 14 I think I would have needed therapy.

Regardless, I'm loving the ride and wouldn't have it any other way, feels like I'm a kid again. I doubt I would have made it without an outlet, though; I tried to get some RT and Mac+ loving RL friends of mine into Frontier with mixed results... but there's alot of really cool peoples both here and on other forums I post at who it's nice to know are loving this ride as much as I am. And, besides, speculating and talking trash and coming up with asinine theories gives me something to do while I'm bored at work. :D

The upshot is if you start watching now you can watch exactly half the series straight through getting part of what you want and then continue to enjoy it the real way like the rest of us from there.

Watching Macross F feels like when I watched Robotech back in '85, I couldn't wait until the next episode. I love the anticipation, everything Macross until now, I have seen right away. I feel like a kid again.....well as some one in their 30's could feel like a kid. :mellow:

Yep, i'm doing exactly what your doing, plus i don't want to ruin the experience on a crappy laptop.

It sucks, i really would like to watch it even if it isn't finished but it's more the reason to wait it out and get it all packaged

on dvd i guess. But i'll download it soon and play it on my new PSP once i aquire it. :p

I dodge this part of the forums pretty much.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hell, I can't even wait for the fansubs to come out and catch the raws as soon as they hit the rss feeds ... first series EVER that prompted that. This is the only one I'm not capable of waiting for any longer than I absolutely must.

I admire your patience.

of course it's a given that when i get the complete series, i'll be watching it one sitting. but since i've already seen the series one episode at a time, i will probably be able to discover details, subtle plto devices and other stuff that i haven't noticed during my first viewing. in that sense, the marathon experience is made richer by the fact that i've already seen the series before. :)

Edited by dreamweaver13

of course it's a given that when i get the complete series, i'll be watching it one sitting. but since i've already seen the series one episode at a time, i will probably be able to discover details, subtle plto devices and other stuff that i haven't noticed during my first viewing. in that sense, the marathon experience is made richer by the fact that i've already seen the series before. :)

I'm currently doing a "halfway point" MF marathon, and I may pull another "Complete Macross Marathon" when the series is done.

I'm currently doing a "halfway point" MF marathon, and I may pull another "Complete Macross Marathon" when the series is done.

I've got to go through Macross 7 again, but the last time I watched M7 OVA's and went back to Frontier it was too confusing. Like... why are there no sound boosters?! And where are the faces on these Valkyries?

who you kidding? you will pull another complete macross marathon. :lol:

Oh of course I will, just maybe not this fall...every two-to-three years seems often enough.

Although, really, it seems like the only long-lasting benefit of Macross Marathons is that I can catch and drop obscure references here...

I've got to go through Macross 7 again, but the last time I watched M7 OVA's and went back to Frontier it was too confusing. Like... why are there no sound boosters?! And where are the faces on these Valkyries?

The answers to these and many other questions after we have found our lost common sense. :rolleyes:

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have the patience to wait till Frontier ended. I would be more impatient, waiting for the series to finally end so I could enjoy it in one sitting, than I am now waiting for "next week's airing." The show is like crack for crack addicts...only it's Macross for Macross addicts. I dunno how you could deny yourself the pleasures of watching it right now.

Hell...I'm visiting my mother right now, for two weeks, and she only has dialup...so watching episodes 14 and 15 are out of the question...till I get back home that is...and it's driving me bonkers.

One way or another, you're going to be waiting regardless. I'd just rather wait a week each time rather than (at least) 6+ months.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have the patience to wait till Frontier ended. I would be more impatient, waiting for the series to finally end so I could enjoy it in one sitting, than I am now waiting for "next week's airing." The show is like crack for crack addicts...only it's Macross for Macross addicts. I dunno how you could deny yourself the pleasures of watching it right now.

Hell...I'm visiting my mother right now, for two weeks, and she only has dialup...so watching episodes 14 and 15 are out of the question...till I get back home that is...and it's driving me bonkers.

One way or another, you're going to be waiting regardless. I'd just rather wait a week each time rather than (at least) 6+ months.

:D you're right. it's a fracking marshmallow test either way. pick your torture. :lol:

I can't watch the whole thing in one sitting for only one good reason; I just don't have that much time to spare. Watching the entire 25 episodes would take close to half a day. 9 hours if you cut out the OP & EDs with no toilet or snack breaks. I'm just too busy to have any of my free time on my days off to have that much time wiped out by just watching the TV.

As it is watching as the episodes comes out works best for me.

Agree with everyone here that's already said this, but I'll say it again. This is making me feel like I'm a kid all over again. I remember getting out of elementary school and rushing home so I wouldn't miss RT back in the day, and back then, we only had to wait a day to get to the next ep, except for Friday... and that sucked cause you had to wait the whole weekend before getting back to the story. I don't know how the OP can wait when this series is so frakking awesome!

I saw the DeCulture edition and couldn't wait for the debut, and then I was involved in a big project at work so I didn't start DLing the new eps until ep 10 had been released. So, I did have a mini MacF marathon and that was cool, but as it is now, I am way too hooked to wait more than a week. It was ok before since I didn't know what I was missing, but now I gotta get my MacF fix weekly! OP, I agree with what one of the other posters said, get a 1/2 way marathon done now, and join in on the madness.

Here's what I'm doing: I DL the first available TL from whatever fansub group. (GG, Lunar, etc). I usually watch that ep on my 22" WS PC. I prefer Shinsen's subs, so I keep those for archiving. Since Shinsen is a quality sub group, their releases are usually a few weeks behind. When shinsen releases their version, I delete the other version on my PC and rewatch Shinsen's version on my 47" HDTV streamed through my Xbox360. That way, it's still kinda new since its on a big screen with surround sound. If anyone has an HD setup at home, it really is the only way to watch Frontier. The art and sound on a home theater setup is a beautiful thing to behold.

Watch it on Keyhole live (if available), then download and watch the raws as soon as they are out, then download and watch all the various fansubbed versions.

I don't understand how people can wait to watch it, I can't.

Graham

*Raises hand* I watched till episode 5, and decided to wait till it's wrapped up. I don't want to kill myself waiting each week for an episode to come out, or else I'll be six foot under the ground before I could see what's next for Nanase and Sheryl. :p That and I have other things to finish off first(Like that scratch-built wanzer that I'm currently building.).

Then I'll do a Macross Frontier marathon, all for myself. :p