Episode 14 Rating  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (VF-171 in action = BOMBA!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Luca x Nanase = LOSE)

Sure they have tons of questions to him

/Speculation mode ON

but with Ranaria's death and Mikhail out of the team, he'll join the skull squadron

Speaking of Mikhail, is rather convenient that he is out for Grace, since is a fact that he realized that Sheryl's ill was caused by the pills that she was giving her

/Speculation mode OFF

Edited by Xeros

/Especulation mode ON

but with Ranaria's death and Mikhail out of the team, he'll join the skull squadron

Speaking of Mikhail, is rather convenient that he is out for Grace, since is a fact that he realized that Sheryl's ill was caused by the pills that she was giving her

/Especulation mode OFF

Damn... That means Grace will continue poisoning Sheryl, she will get her man right into S.M.S. noses and probably won't get questioned about her Galia-4-going-boom survival at all... Damn that witch!!!! :angry:

The next episodes will be even grimmier than 13, I'm afraid... :unsure:

Mikhail out of the team

Huh? Mikhail appars to have suffered a concussion and a nasty cut directly beneath his eye, but there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with him that would affect his piloting or sniping skills, or that would keep him in the hospital for more than a day or two. There's no reason based on this episode to believe that he won't continue piloting Skull 2 (once it's replaced, of course).

And speaking of members of the Skull Team, what happened to Luca's ghosts? We saw them when Luca initially sortied, but then they just vanished. They might have been very useful when Luca tried to rescue Sheryl and Michael.

That works for the first time, what about the second time when he's just spacing out watching Alto in action? Or maybe vajra specifically pick on green mechs ^_^ .

Hahaha, woe to him then :lol:

/Speculation mode ON

/Speculation mode OFF

When Mikhail wakes up, I expect the sequence to be like:

"Sheryl drove my Valk and it's been blown to smithereens?!"

"Oh wait, if she didn't do that we'd both be dead."

"Grace is alive?! Where is Sheryl?!"

lalala

I'm now cheering for Mikhail to wake up as soon as possible, he holds the key (well one of them)!

Edited by mike_s_6

don't give up sheryl!! alto is just over reacting coz he's so guilty about ranka getting kidnapped. i mean, if he didn't go all "quizmaster" on ranka when she wanted a timeout, and he just let her take a dump when she wanted, none of this would have happened. :p

on another matter, so what's with the pizzas (am i correct, are they pizzas?)?? Is this the new pineapple salad? not as effective though, seeing as that all the bridge bunnies are still alive, and so are (presumably) luca and nanase. :D

the authorization and order to use reaction weapons on an alien fleet... sounds like someone only the head of the entire UNG can do. so who ordered it again? :p

and how's that for a reveal? I'm brera of the galaxy, antares squadron, and i'm gonna help you from now on. cool. who said it earlier? alto and brera will be BFFs? haha, now that would be funny. too bad... ranka cought between two men who sees her as a sister. one actually is. :)

Edited by dreamweaver13

on another matter, so what's with the pizzas

Part of C.C.'s most recent pizza order was accidentally sent to the Macross Quarter by mistake, and Mr. Bilrer decided to save on a month's worth of food bills by using the pizzas to feed the crew instead of the regular rations.

Part of C.C.'s most recent pizza order was accidentally sent to the Macross Quarter by mistake, and Mr. Bilrer decided to save on a month's worth of food bills by using the pizzas to feed the crew instead of the regular rations.

Product placement? Pizza Hut here in Japan ran a Macross F promotion last month. I got my mail in card when I ordered a pizza but I forgot to mail it in in time. The promotion has finished now but there were a couple of CDs and some other stuff you could win by lucky draw.

Super Dimensional Pizza Delivery: Pizza Hut? :huh:

Well now that was one hell of an episode :blink:

Speaking of which I think I totally forgot to post my impressions of Episode 13 last week... well It was great too :D

So in any case I didn't mind the pacing at all... sure I wouldn't have minded a "full battle episode" like Episode 7, but I liked the first part built-up, and second part payoff, which was just downright awesome. Oh and.... Battroit VF171 for the win Yeah ! :lol: Speaking of which it was nice the see that NUNS was more efficient this time around unliked the first épisode where they were totally pwned by the Vajra.

I must say after the "I have something to tell you when I come back" I pretty much expected Luca to bite the dust... but I'm glad they didn't went with the usual cliché. Seems Raramia did bit the dust though, which is nice but doesn't have much in terme of impact since we hardly know her at all.

After the last couple of episode, it seems more and more plausible than those Big Nasty Vajra must be the result of some kind of experiment gone wrong, first from the 113th Research Fleet, then from the Galaxy. The fact that the Galaxy is funded by big coorporation (I wonder if the LAI could be one of them ?) suggest that they can pretty much do stuff outside the usual NUN laws like their cybernetic research. That would also explain with they seem intend of erasing all traces of the Vajra, to the point of destroying a planet to send them on Frontier so that they can be wiped out. Somehow I doubt the Vajra will remain the main threat after this episode...

So we now have the explanation of Ranka's link to the Vajra with her being the "Little QUeen" whatever that means. And yeah as someone pointed out Ranka's mom does look quite a bit like Sheryl. And what about these Vajra "larva's" with the cristal on their tails ?

And so it seems Grace can transfer her counsciousness to another body ala Kusanagi. I guess this explains her "look" when she met with Leon in episode 10.

Oh and yeah Sheryl's not quite ready to de the Basara thing :p

-Sergorn

Though I'm also wondering if Brera has at least partially turned on Grace. Somehow I don't think "Await further orders" includes "Reveal yourself to Frontier in a public announcement". Guess we'll find out soon.

That was a mistranslation - she actually said "Keep following my orders after this" (before she got swallowed up). So it was all pre-planned. I doubt Brera has turned on Grace to any large extent, since he hasn't realized who Ranka is.

Craaaazy episode if you ask me! I have to admit, I loled quite a bit when Sheryl tried to fly Michel's valk and only ended up getting it blown to bits. :lol: Alto so brushed her off too when he went to go save Ranka, which was bit of a sad panda moment, but in the end it didn't matter since Brera totally stole all the glory from him, ha ha.

More and more mystery is piled onto Ranka now...Little Queen? *boggle* Must see the next episode!

Well... i still done speak spanish but watching the eps (s) makes me think, 1. Brera claims on open channels that Macross Galaxy claims Ranka as a POW, effectively. That one act alone makes certain that Galaxy has survived it's battle with the Varja (perhaps to the point of been faked?) and is now possibly a FOE. 2. The Varja, violently so, are pawns of MG. To what extent? TBD, but really doesn't matter, unless you're aim is peace. But not enough information in the right hands is availible. Recapture Ranka, and you can steer the story line towards peace. if not, hope MF makes more reaction ordinance.

in fact, that makes me wonder what of the surviving MG shipo that reached MF (as well as the pilot of the recon flight at the end of Eps 6.). are they POW's now? they leave? loyaly's divided and suspect, at the very least...

oh yeah, uh, VF-171 Nightmare II mechapr0n: I came. ^_^ Nothing says love like big MF nukes that say "Me loves You! kinda. Now, die, yes?"

Well... i still done speak spanish but watching the eps (s) makes me think, 1. Brera claims on open channels that Macross Galaxy claims Ranka as a POW, effectively. That one act alone makes certain that Galaxy has survived it's battle with the Varja (perhaps to the point of been faked?) and is now possibly a FOE.

That seems doubtful to me... after his annoucement Brera says he'll now help with the fight against the Vajra... and we also see Ranka with Alto on the next's episode preview so... I wonder how he'll explains his previous action to Frontier though (even though Leon seems to have hidden all data regardin the VF27)

Though I kinda wonder as well if the attack on the Galaxy fleet hasn't been faked to some extent.

-Sergorn

Anyone think Alto's due for a promotion real soon?

His heroics in episode 14 certainly made him a solid candidate.

Eh? Is it time to introduce no-name subordinate 1 and no-name subordinate 2?

But when you you think about all those planes he wrecked...

He better take care of his boys better than Docker, whose team got wiped out twice.

Hmmm... A special squadron composed of Alto (SMS VF-25), Brera (M Galaxy NUNS VF-27) and Machida (M Frontier NUNS VF-171) ?

They look like a virus for me (I studied biology early in my career)... I think I heard something about a virus earlier in the series...

I think they'd be considered "phages"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm.../Tevenphage.svg

So they'd inject the crystals into other organisms with the intent of transforming them or destroying them. Ranka could be carrying the catalyst for transforming humans into Vajra, or perhaps the means of destroying the Vajra.

/Speculation mode ON

/Speculation mode OFF

It also opens up a new love triangle between Brera, Alto, and Ranka, seeing that Alto has taken greater interest in Ranka since ep 13.

/Speculation mode ON

/Speculation mode OFF

Not likely on Brera joining Skull Squadron considering it is part of SMS which is a PMC. Brera is a commissioned officer in the New United Nations Spacy with the rank of Major and flying the most advanced valkyrie ever made (by the looks). I don't think NUNS would let him keep the 27 if he went and joined SMS over NUNS.

Of course there is a rank an afiliations issue, but my point was that the Skull is the most experienced Squadron against the vajra. Besides, all indicates that the Skull will be in need of a new commander soon, and that boost the rivalry betwenn Alto-hime and Robo-brera

but, remember that's all speculation...

Edited by Xeros

Well... i still done speak spanish but watching the eps (s) makes me think, 1. Brera claims on open channels that Macross Galaxy claims Ranka as a POW, effectively. That one act alone makes certain that Galaxy has survived it's battle with the Varja (perhaps to the point of been faked?) and is now possibly a FOE. 2. The Varja, violently so, are pawns of MG. To what extent? TBD, but really doesn't matter, unless you're aim is peace. But not enough information in the right hands is availible. Recapture Ranka, and you can steer the story line towards peace. if not, hope MF makes more reaction ordinance.

in fact, that makes me wonder what of the surviving MG shipo that reached MF (as well as the pilot of the recon flight at the end of Eps 6.). are they POW's now? they leave? loyaly's divided and suspect, at the very least...

Uhm, what? Brera announces that he RESCUED the hostage from the enemy mothership and that he will from here on give his support to the Frontier fleet. not that he took her prisonner :ph34r: Noone has any reason to suspect Galaxy of anything, in fact it seems most think it's been destroyed by the Vajra as they refer Brera as a survivor.

Not so sure on that one Michel is kinda like Max has a lot of talent but wouldn't get top billing.

Who says the raw talent has to put in command? AFAIK Michel has more experience as well as a higher rank than Alto. Of course if Alto earns promotions for his part in ep 14 that may no longer be an issue.

That was a mistranslation - she actually said "Keep following my orders after this" (before she got swallowed up). So it was all pre-planned. I doubt Brera has turned on Grace to any large extent, since he hasn't realized who Ranka is.

Buuuuut....

In Episode 13, Brera wonders to himself why he constantly feels that he needs to protect Ranka. So there's more going on than is immediately apparent where Brera is concerned. It's true that Grace wants Ranka protected (temporarily shifted to a secondary goal in episode 13, though probably back to a high priority goal - but Alto had her rescue in hand in this episode, so Brera shouldn't have needed to reveal himself), but Brera seems to have a need to protect Ranka that goes over and above Grace's instructions. And as I said, Grace's instructions don't seem to include publicly revealing himself to the Frontier fleet. Brera got in trouble over his defence of Ranka in episode 10, and it's possible that he might have just done something else that would get him into trouble.

The fact that the Galaxy is funded by big coorporation (I wonder if the LAI could be one of them ?) suggest that they can pretty much do stuff outside the usual NUN laws like their cybernetic research.

Actually, afaik there's been no indication yet that the anti-cybernetics laws exist anywhere but Frontier. I'd be surprised if there weren't other fleets with those laws as well. But we don't know what sort of laws the rest of the NUNS has regarding cybernetics. And there's no reason to think that there aren't other fleets with at least a partial pro-cybernetics stance.

Craaaazy episode if you ask me! I have to admit, I loled quite a bit when Sheryl tried to fly Michel's valk and only ended up getting it blown to bits. Alto so brushed her off too when he went to go save Ranka, which was bit of a sad panda moment,

She was at least able to fly the thing, if only somewhat. Most people in that situation would probably do a lot worse. And she would have made it back to the Quarter if she hadn't managed to attract the attention of four of the smaller Vajra. Even Luca didn't do very well against them, and he's a trained combat pilot (though admittedly apparently not a very good one). As for Alto's reaction to Sheryl, it seemed to me that Alto was oblivious to the intent of Sheryl's words. It's not really his fault, though, given how Sheryl has treated him in the past (the kiss in episode 10 being the most obvious example).

But when you you think about all those planes he wrecked...

He wrecked one of those planes in the process of saving a much more expensive plane and its pilot. I'd cut him some slack on that one at least.

:p

It also opens up a new love triangle between Brera, Alto, and Ranka, seeing that Alto has taken greater interest in Ranka since ep 13.

Except that Brera appears to be Ranka's brother...

Not likely on Brera joining Skull Squadron considering it is part of SMS which is a PMC. Brera is a commissioned officer in the New United Nations Spacy with the rank of Major and flying the most advanced valkyrie ever made (by the looks). I don't think NUNS would let him keep the 27 if he went and joined SMS over NUNS.

It's possible that the NUNS might attach him to the SMS much as Cathy is currently. Brera's unique plane makes things a little odd since you can't really give him a regular wingman to run interference for him due to the vastly different operating characteristics of his VF-27. Since the SMS already operates different aircraft and is a unit that performs special operations, sticking him there does make a certain amount of sense.

On the other hand, I don't think the SMS would be too happy with him, given that he's fought against or interfered with the group on three different occasions...

Of course there is a rank an afiliations issue, but my point was that the Skull is the most experienced Squadron against the vajra. Besides, all indicates that the Skull will be in need of a new commander soon, and that boost the rivalry betwenn Alto-hime and Robo-brera

Let's wait until something actually happens to Ozma...

It's entirely possible that he'll make it through the series in one piece.

Of course if Alto earns promotions for his part in ep 14 that may no longer be an issue.

Michael still has seniority, however.

I think the death of the one Pixie Girls was like when Tasha Yar died in ST:NG.

Just boom your dead.

OMG! Do we HAVE to compare Macross Frontier to ST:TNG??????? Aarrgh, the pain!!!!

:lol:

Taksraven

That seems doubtful to me... after his annoucement Brera says he'll now help with the fight against the Vajra... and we also see Ranka with Alto on the next's episode preview so... I wonder how he'll explains his previous action to Frontier though (even though Leon seems to have hidden all data regardin the VF27)

Though I kinda wonder as well if the attack on the Galaxy fleet hasn't been faked to some extent.

-Sergorn

Oh Reily? Hmm, guess so (won't know for sure until someone pops the eng subs) but if you're correct, that opens a huge... discontinuity to proceger. Like the charge of Friendly Fire (vs Alto, 3 charges?) destruction of goverment property (1 VF-25 series Gunpod, 1 Gitmo class Carrier, damage to a friendly, damage to a warship (SDF-4)...

but did Brera say he was taking Ranka as a prisoner, though?

maybe i'm reading too deep...

The dialogue seems to be Brera stating that he's rescued the "hostage" (i.e. Ranka) from the Vajra.

And Ranka's in a hospital gown in a scene with Alto in the preview for the next episode. So it's even more unlikely that the prisoner translation is correct.

Oh Reily? Hmm, guess so (won't know for sure until someone pops the eng subs) but if you're correct, that opens a huge... discontinuity to proceger. Like the charge of Friendly Fire (vs Alto, 3 charges?) destruction of goverment property (1 VF-25 series Gunpod, 1 Gitmo class Carrier, damage to a friendly, damage to a warship (SDF-4)...

maybe i'm reading too deep...

Like I stated in a previous post, he did not say that. He said he had rescued her. Then he states he will aid the Frontier fleet, coming off as benefactor. He should still have plenty of explaining to do for his past actions, though.

Some people have been mentioning that Ranka mother looks like Sheryl. Was wondering whether the queen Vajra could be Ranka's mother since she didn't want it to be killed and also how when the queen vajra may have tried to communicate with her when it extended some kind of yellow glowing light thing to Ranka. Ranka's mother appeared to her then. This could be why Ranka was also called the little queen as being the daughter of the queen vajra. Just my thoughts anyway.