Oh god I just bought the 1/48 VF-1A Angel Birds ver.

syn13

:p i just got mine from hlj.com yesterday, which makes two Angel Birds, but i wish i got the 1st angel bird from this sale not for full price half a year ago. :lol: now the custom circle is complete, where's our kits NMB4M! :D

It's been noted before btw, been up for sale for ages. Congrats on joining the 1/48 club!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

:p i just got mine from hlj.com yesterday, which makes two Angel Birds, but i wish i got the 1st angel bird from this sale not for full price half a year ago. :lol: now the custom circle is complete, where's our kits NMB4M! :D

It's been noted before btw, been up for sale for ages. Congrats on joining the 1/48 club!

Really, thats pretty cool and since I'm new where do these "deals" usually list in? I would like to contribute as much as I could because I had the same reaction as coffeepot when I saw it.

lol here - http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showforum=13

"Where to Buy Macross, Auctions & Dealers Specials" thread.

Now before you make an impulse buy on the VF-0A Cannon Fodder you need to know the shoulders are prone to cracking, and you will need to buy a shoulder replacement from HLJ.com with it, or suffer a thousand torments.

Your new, yeh, so you need to do some research.

Its like you're reading my mind!! I was just looking at the price for the VF-0A too! Okay gonna read through the "READ THIS FIRST" thread and just type in whatever I need to know for future purchases too.

That's pretty bad the the shoulders crack pretty easily...OKAY NO MORE ORDERS!!! I technically have 3 now(YF-19 sitting here, VE-1 in Limbo, and the processing VF-1A) and I gotta save up for the MFrontier stuff if they are as good as Yamato~

Added: Oh yea and the 1/60 Milia/Millia/Miriya Queadluun-Rau too.

Edited by syn13

On HLJ that angel is $68, but they also are selling a vf-0a for $93. I think the vf-0 looks alot nicer, but ive heard bad things about its CQ.

Advice anyone???

-ps this will end up being my first macross toy ;)

...Now before you make an impulse buy on the VF-0A Cannon Fodder you need to know the shoulders are prone to cracking, and you will need to buy a shoulder replacement from HLJ.com with it, or suffer a thousand torments...

^_^

You need to e-mail them (hlj.com) probably shoot an e-mail off to here - trouble@hlj.com .

Yes the VF-0 is a work of art, but the arms crack and break. You will need to buy left and right shoulders.

Also they are the full arms, not just shoulders. Someone else can fill in for the details.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah I think your just crazy, I prescribe watching the whole original Macross show again! As for the angel birds 1/48, thats quite the sweet price but I'm not sure if I'm gonna go for it or not, if NMB4M releases his VF-1D kit then I know where to go for a cheap 1/48.

My angel bird just came in a couple days ago and i love it. I basically just bought cause it was a good starting price for 1/48. I was pleasently suprised about how awesome it was considering i didn't care for the paint scheme. After buying this i definately want to pick up more 1/48s. The only bad thing is the right hand of the angel bird fell apart and broke without even touching it. I'm hoping this was a fluke event because the rest of the toy is awesome.

What's interesting is how close together in size the 1/60 yf-19 is to the angel bird. I never noticed that the YF-19 was so much bigger than the VF-1 in comparison.

I was wondering whats shipping like for the angelbird to the US? i checked and it looks like the estimate is around $40. but the shipping tables seems a lot lower. How do you guys ship it?

My angel bird just came in a couple days ago and i love it. I basically just bought cause it was a good starting price for 1/48. I was pleasently suprised about how awesome it was considering i didn't care for the paint scheme. After buying this i definately want to pick up more 1/48s. The only bad thing is the right hand of the angel bird fell apart and broke without even touching it. I'm hoping this was a fluke event because the rest of the toy is awesome.

What's interesting is how close together in size the 1/60 yf-19 is to the angel bird. I never noticed that the YF-19 was so much bigger than the VF-1 in comparison.

I was wondering whats shipping like for the angelbird to the US? i checked and it looks like the estimate is around $40. but the shipping tables seems a lot lower. How do you guys ship it?

That's about right, $40.00 seems to be the standard for a 1/48 from HLJ.

I bought some a while back. For the price their being sold for, it's a steal for the purchaser.

I had a shipment sent SAL once and it arrived fine but I like having the tracking number with EMS.

Just love sales LV2, CF, and now the A.B.

Hope this becomes a trend at HLJ.

Edit: After a head swap could have a VF-1A, VF-1J, and VF-1S. Should have ordered a fourth and make a VF-1D for VIP rides. So many ideas.

Edited by Fly4victory

different scales dude, YF-19 is 1/60, Angel Birdy is 1/48. *yawns*

I had a shipment sent SAL once and it arrived fine but I like having the tracking number with EMS.

Just love sales LV2, CF, and now the A.B.

Hope this becomes a trend at HLJ.

Edit: After a head swap could have a VF-1A, VF-1J, and VF-1S. Should have ordered a fourth and make a VF-1D for VIP rides. So many ideas.

They had a sale on CFs?? what the hell...

They had a sale on CFs?? what the hell...

Long time ago.

I see the tan SV-51 is for sale at 25% off. Too bad I bought two at the pre-order price.

As for the shoulders on the VF-0A. It shouldn't be a concern buy after market shoulders here or wait until they break and write Yamato.

I bought my red Garland on sale from HLJ. It took a year and a half but the shoulder finally broke. I already had the new shoulders from Yamato waiting for the eventual failure.

It is so much easier to have a known problem with a solution then to get a new release and be the test pilot for everyone else.

Yeah i realize that. That was my point. I didn't think the Vf-1 was that much smaller that the yf-19. From watching the anime i'd always assumed they were around the same size.

Funny thing that I saw was the Queadluun-Rau review where the 1/48 VF-1 were only as tall as the Q-Rau whereas when I stand my 1/60 YF-19(fighter standing up on its feet or battleroid form) next to the Q-Rau, the 19 still stands taller by a centimeter or two.