Protodevlin feed on anima spiritia = Vajra (or the real evil behind it

ComicKaze

I don't know what happened to the title of this thread, it looked like it got cut off. It was supposed to say "Protodevlin feed on spiritia = Vajra (or the real evil behind it) feed on hate?" Can a mod fix that?

The protodevlin seemed to feed off positive energies of spiritia (sorry the title said anima spiritia by accident) by draining them. Spiritia seems to be a positive energy (happiness, joy, exhuberance, vitality, willpower, hope, excitement, etc.). This was combatted by anima spiritia which was too pure and powerful for them to absorb.

When Grace activates the dimension eater, she says that "The hate will never stop growing". This seems to me like the classic sci-fi theme (or maybe even cliche) of aliens who feed on fear or hate and therefore cause other species to fight each other to feed off that. Is that an accurate translation? I originally thought it was "My hate will never stop growing" and I thought it was a personal vendetta she had (like she was part of the research fleet with the Global and something terrible happened to her in the past - like the classic anime cliche)...but on rewatching it and noticing several things like that the Dimension Eater was made by Luca's family and that Grace actualy says that THE hate will never stop growing.

Any thoughts?

Edited by ComicKaze

What I'd like to know is how is she supposed to have survived after setting off the DE?

Her bodies are synthetic. She's like a replicant. Her real consciousnous or whatever drives her is remotely somewhere else.

I don't know what happened to the title of this thread, it looked like it got cut off. It was supposed to say "Protodevlin feed on spiritia = Vajra (or the real evil behind it) feed on hate?" Can a mod fix that?

The protodevlin seemed to feed off positive energies of spiritia (sorry the title said anima spiritia by accident) by draining them. Spiritia seems to be a positive energy (happiness, joy, exhuberance, vitality, willpower, hope, excitement, etc.). This was combatted by anima spiritia which was too pure and powerful for them to absorb.

It seemed to me Vajra just go fine with good song energy. One in a nearly dead state got revived by Ranka's singing.

In Macross Zero, Sara Nome and likely Mao also had the same ability as Nekki Basara to influence the life energy (spiritia) of lifeforms with song.

Anima Spiritia is a lifeforce energy too pure for even the Protodevlin to take. With it the last of the Protoculture was able to seal them on Varuta.

But in Zero it was emphasized that there are two songs which those of priestess blood can use. A song of creation and a song of destruction.

The song of destruction activates the Birdman to destroy humans. A protocol left by the Protoculture just in case humanity became an aggressive space faring race.

When Grace activates the dimension eater, she says that "The hate will never stop growing". This seems to me like the classic sci-fi theme (or maybe even cliche) of aliens who feed on fear or hate and therefore cause other species to fight each other to feed off that. Is that an accurate translation? I originally thought it was "My hate will never stop growing" and I thought it was a personal vendetta she had (like she was part of the research fleet with the Global and something terrible happened to her in the past - like the classic anime cliche)...but on rewatching it and noticing several things like that the Dimension Eater was made by Luca's family and that Grace actualy says that THE hate will never stop growing.

It seemed to me Grace is manipulating everybody to war. Such as setting up the Zentradi rebellion.

Getting the Vajra pissed at humans and Zentradi. Making the Vajra get the blame for the deaths of the 33rd fleet and Sheryl (missed that one).

I don't know but Grace strikes me as a rogue AI. In Macross Plus, AI development was on a verge of renaissance. Emotion chips were banned due to self preservation instincts and irrationality being dangerous.

What I'd like to know is how is she supposed to have survived after setting off the DE?

Well Grace likely sent her AI personality to a new body. Ever seen Ghost in the Shell?

We've been saying all along that Grace is a Motoko Kusanagi. Then she pulls a jump. WTF :ph34r:

*Whew*

For a moment there I thought we had another "Anima Spiritia! It's all about Anima Spiritia!" thread...and I just couldn't bear the thought of it.

Anyway, I don't think she was speaking so literally. The Vajra seem drawn to Ranka, but not because she's hateful.

*Whew*

For a moment there I thought we had another "Anima Spiritia! It's all about Anima Spiritia!" thread...and I just couldn't bear the thought of it.

Anyway, I don't think she was speaking so literally. The Vajra seem drawn to Ranka, but not because she's hateful.

It just seems to me that the Vajra seem like the opposite of the Protodevlin. It seems they are attracted to and awakened by good song energy, ie: Anima Spiritia while the Protodevlin were repulsed by it. By taking Grace's comment, it just seemed to me like she wanted to foment hate as if it was, like some kind of song of destruction, etc.

It just seems to me that the Vajra seem like the opposite of the Protodevlin. It seems they are attracted to and awakened by good song energy, ie: Anima Spiritia while the Protodevlin were repulsed by it. By taking Grace's comment, it just seemed to me like she wanted to foment hate as if it was, like some kind of song of destruction, etc.

It's possible...I'm not really sure WHAT they want, except that it seems to involve Ranka. Both your and Kronnang Dunn's ideas are interesting, but I think I'll just sit back and WAFO.