Why I hate macross frontier...

This is the main reason I hate macross frontier so much is that the production value, characters and story is so good that its hard to enjoy other anime series because they pale in comparison.

This series just has a certain charm to it that makes you want to keep watching it and wish the series would never end, its that good. If I try to watch another anime robot series im going to be greatly underwhelmed, this'll probably be the only series I watch right now for a long while until its effects wear off on me...

Y'know, I hate Macross Plus for EXACTLY the same reason... ^_^

The characters in Macross Plus are really the best - they moved me in only 4 episodes! But for CGI I suppose those things change with time and we can safely say that Macross F sweeps the competition ^__^;;

I hate it because it makes me waste my time watching the episodes over, and over, and over, and over...... (!n) again :p

I have a sense of dread that this'll be the last Macross series ever produced though, since they're trying to tie up everything from the previous series as well. I hope it's just me.

I hate macross frontier cause there isn't a real life Sheryl around...time to buy some blode pinkish hair dye for the gf, hahahaha

I actually have a theory about that - her hair is dyed in layers. The bottom-most layer (closest to her head) is blonde (maybe natural), the middle layer (the biggest portion) is platinum blonde (nearly white), and the very top/outer layer is a light pink, with maybe some silver mixed in (I don't know if you can actually dye your hair silver, but there are temporary hairsprays and such.). That would explain the color shifts in various lighting conditions.

(/hasn't had every hair color [except metallics!] under the sun...at once)

Edited by theplasticwerks

Not trolling or anything but... am I the only one who isn't amazed beyond expectations over this new series :unsure:

Like the first few episodes I was blown away and the odd episode here and there have been good but overall I've found the first 12 episodes mediocre and I've loved ALL of the other macross series and I just dont find the same charm and flare the others had. In fact I would go so far to say the characters are extremely boring and mundane and the plot and character development extremely uneven.

Like is it because I've been watching bad subs *which I dont think have been. AIA* Now dont get me wrong I'm not saying its bad by any means as the episodes that are good are FANTASTIC but theirs definitly been to many episodes that have made me go wtf... is this love hina or some BS? *sheryls panties etc*

Now I've definitely not given up on all hope as the last episode which was one of the better ones ended with a huge WTF :blink: and I feel that the following episode will make or break the series for me.

Lol and dont get me wrong I definitly have found more good qualities of this show then bad or else I wouldn't still be watching it. Koenig monster and sheryl are reasons alone :p just not amazed by it like everyone else is and I feel left out :(:p

Maybe the the first episode and all of macross have given me to high of expectations :D

Edited by bob joe mac

Not trolling or anything but... am I the only one who isn't amazed beyond expectations over this new series :unsure:

Like the first few episodes I was blown away and the odd episode here and there have been good but overall I've found the first 12 episodes mediocre and I've loved ALL of the other macross series and I just dont find the same charm and flare the others had. In fact I would go so far to say the characters are extremely boring and mundane and the plot and character development extremely uneven.

Like is it because I've been watching bad subs *which I dont think have been. AIA* Now dont get me wrong I'm not saying its bad by any means as the episodes that are good are FANTASTIC but theirs definitly been to many episodes that have made me go wtf... is this love hina or some BS? *sheryls panties etc*

Now I've definitely not given up on all hope as the last episode which was one of the better ones ended with a huge WTF :blink: and I feel that the following episode will make or break the series for me.

Lol and dont get me wrong I definitly have found more good qualities of this show then bad or else I wouldn't still be watching it. Koenig monster and sheryl are reasons alone :p just not amazed by it like everyone else is and I feel left out :(:p

Maybe the the first episode and all of macross have given me to high of expectations :D

While some elements are similar to things that have been done or have appeared elsewhere, I think within the Macross universe it's fresh enough--while some may wish for more of a military sci-fi series, I do think it may be too early to make judgments about character development--we don't know what will be revealed next about the characters' histories. With that said, I do hope they avoid lapsing into predictability -- killing off so-and-so, and so on.

Ahhh this thread was a "booby trap"!

Quick somebody post the pic of SDF-1's first firing of its main cannon in SDFM. :ph34r:

But seriously I really lobe to hate this show, since it has left me with high expectations that the only other anime I'm currently watching is Code Geass. :wacko: There's nothing else that I feel is worth checking out this season. :(

So far if i hate it for all the cool tech and little information on it so you have make it up. and if macross was real can i be assign to one of the colony fleets PLEASE!

I LOVE to hate Macross 7 but I DON'T hate to love Macross Frontier!

I am Zinjo and I agree with this post.... :p

But let's be real here people!

Shadow Chronicles is sooo much better!

The CG is better, character designs and dialog are clearly superior and the music, Oh my....

Kawamori could learn a LOT from SC! :ph34r:

I am Zinjo and I agree with this post.... :p

But let's be real here people!

Shadow Chronicles is sooo much better!

The CG is better, character designs and dialog are clearly superior and the music, Oh my....

Kawamori could learn a LOT from SC! :ph34r:

Too true, my friend, too true.

Tommy Yune certainly knows how to set up a cliffhanger, doesn't he? Much better than *yawn* a Macross showing up seemingly out of nowhere. The robotic torso villains in SC are clearly more intimidating than giant red lobsters. And while Froniter has big boobies, they lack the complete motionlessness of the SC boobies.

Best...... picture.......ever! Airplanes+Dinosaurs=Amazing! As for Mac Frontier, It's better than alot of the crap thats been around lately (and there has been alot of it) but it still isnt as good as Mac+ or origional Macross IMO.