VF-22S Conversion Parts for 1/60 Yamato YF-21

PsYcHoDyNaMiX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update

I've had to put this project off the past two weeks because I had to do some cleaning of my work area. Apparently I failed to remember the warnings of working with super glue and even working with styrene sheets. My allergies have been killing me last week. I went out and purchased the 3M Respirator mask and decided to work with my vent fan on (instead of having my window open).

I have some progress pics of the progress which I've made in the middle to the end of May. I'm planning on re-working the front sections of the bay doors. I'm just not happy with how they're sitting (not angled enough to meet the rest of the body).

post-4919-1244149400_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149407_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149414_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149422_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149429_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149437_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149445_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149451_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149468_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149475_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149482_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149506_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1244149513_thumb.jpg

Don't worry I'll still be making these even though Yamato is suppose to release their VF-22, but probably not as many. Not sure... I'll have to see about the demand.

When I'm ready to cast these I'll be checking in with everyone to see if they're still interested.

• 4 months later...

great job! unfortunately it was ruined by official VF-22 . but maybe not...

can you create only canopy shield for VF-22 regular?

it could be attached with magnets: one drowned in the shield, the other inside the cockpit. in this way we must not replace standard canopy

That is my idea to make Perfect Transformation VF-22 really

• 3 weeks later...
great job! unfortunately it was ruined by official VF-22 . but maybe not...

can you create only canopy shield for VF-22 regular?

it could be attached with magnets: one drowned in the shield, the other inside the cockpit. in this way we must not replace standard canopy

That is my idea to make Perfect Transformation VF-22 really

No it wasn't. This is a great project. I bet we may end up liking this version better than the official Yamato release.

Keep up the good work.

Good stuff. In addition to a canopy shield, another item you might want to consider are intake duct "wells" that cove up the turbine blades we never saw before Yamato 1/60.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... never realized that people were still looking at this thread.

Actually I started up a canopy cover towards the end of the summer (July-August), but never finished it because school started. I'm hoping to get this finished up in the next month. It could actually be friction fitted with no magnets needed.

I'll post up some picks as soon as i charge my camera.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Despite the release of the Max and Millia type -22s, which I believe many members intended to make with this kit, I still want this.
The canopy i assume you are going to cast it in some kind of clear plastic resin. I have yet to work with clear cast but I was wondering if your planning to use a vacuum formed canopy. If you pla to tint it try a orange metalic gold rub and buff along with either a transparent food dye or transparent paint will do for tinting. If you want an even coat for that fantastic canopy try car tinting. If you want an exact fit for the canopy here is a site.I got to tell you man your VF-22S is the stuff legends are made of dude genius stuff happening.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread....585&page=19