Macross Frontier Episode 13 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 13 rating  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 13 Rating

• Positive (OMG!!!!! MACROSS!!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Talk about Jumping the Shark...)

The biggest mystery is: Why the hell the 113th Zentran Marine never realized the Macross-4 Global was sitting in their backyard? They've must be really lazy or to busy eating the 7 seven colored carrot. :huh:

I wonder if the Big Zam type Vajra will appear to challenge to Konig Monster....

No no, he's right. Brera moves the Valk through the harmonica. He even shouts "Listen to my harmonica" when he flights into battle, we just haven't seen it yet.

Dynamite!

lol

Taksraven

The biggest mystery is: Why the hell the 113th Zentran Marine never realized the Macross-4 Global was sitting in their backyard? They've must be really lazy or to busy eating the 7 seven colored carrot. :huh:

I wonder if the Big Zam type Vajra will appear to challenge to Konig Monster....

As Alto said exploration was sabotaged. Temjin despite his Zentradi superiority manifesto still got help and info from a miclone.

Even if she is a cyborg.

Temjin said to his trrops there is something on the planet that would benefit their cause.

So he may have an idea that the Global is there but have no idea what's within.

preview:

at last, VF171 battroid in action

post-6173-1215188748_thumb.jpg

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=55334

finally, VF171 registers a confirmed kill

post-6173-1215188860_thumb.jpg

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=55335

that head looks cool, perhaps even cooler than ozma's

post-6173-1215188884_thumb.jpg

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=55336

alto in armored packs! i wonder if he got an S or still vanilla25

post-6173-1215189204_thumb.jpg

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=55337

YES!!!! VF-25 with Armored Pack in Alto Color Scheme.

The Armored VF-25 Looks Read BADASS: http://i30.tinypic.com/23kf6ux.jpg :ph34r:

Its probably just the vanilla VF-25. B))

BTW, is the VF-171 the one with the dual head lasers or the one of the quad head lasers?

twitching.

Taksraven

With the pictures above, Graham must need new pants by now. :lol:

Edited by grss1982

awesome episode!

i woulda nuked the site from orbit... just to be sure :lol:

so our 3rd faction wants a civil war and a war with the vajra? pretty exciting stuff.

is LAI the 3rd faction ?

LAI is owned by Luca's family so I don't think so.

More like Leon and LAI are considered pawns by Grace much like Temjin.

We still don't know where SMS owner Mr. Viller (Birla?) stands in all of this.

Though I get the feeling of Sharon Apple all over again.

AI revolution having all of the Protoculture's children and legacy destroying each other.

Edited by RedWolf

This SCREAMS of a Macross Zero Reference:

http://i27.tinypic.com/zmzl93.jpg

IIRC, there is a similar still shot of Roy's VF-0S reaching out for his gunpod. Don't remember, which episode though. :(

The start of episode 4 when is refueling plane is shot down and he has to try to catch his gunpod.

Taksraven

That annoyed me a bit as well. It felt as if the animators got a bit lazy (should've at least made Alto look as if he were actively doing something).

Still, I wonder though how much a disadvantage not having Super Packs was for the 25, seeing as Alto actually took off Brera's leg in episode 9.

Would having Super Packs be advantageous in an atmosphere? It would increase the straight line speed but more than a clean 27? And wouldn´t it increase the mass of the 25 and reduce agility?

I would think that having a clean plane is better in atmosphere. Alto probably forgot ¨never fly level for more than 30 seconds¨. Even when he escaped he was flying straight.

The creature that Ranka and Alto saw in the bushes looked very similar to Ranka's Carby back on the Frontier. And it looks like Nanase is over feeding it too!

Thats ok, as long as she doesn't feed it after midnight. :lol:

Taksraven

Would having Super Packs be advantageous in an atmosphere? It would increase the straight line speed but more than a clean 27? And wouldn´t it increase the mass of the 25 and reduce agility?

I would think that having a clean plane is better in atmosphere. Alto probably forgot ¨never fly level for more than 30 seconds¨. Even when he escaped he was flying straight.

He hasn't escaped yet...

One of two things are bound to happen, Alto will use Mikhails fold booster pack or the Dimention eater will receed and Gallia 4 will explode ala Alderaan and Alto will be dodging chunks of Gallia 4 as he escapes.

He hasn't escaped yet...

One of two things are bound to happen, Alto will use Mikhails fold booster pack or the Dimention eater will receed and Gallia 4 will explode ala Alderaan and Alto will be dodging chunks of Gallia 4 as he escapes.

I meant when Brera was called off by Grace, Alto scuttled off straight and level. ^_^

Now I have a image of him quietly soiling himself trying to put on the LAI fold booster before the blast hits him.

You deserve this....

misaslapsmall.gif

The slapping is overrated really, you could have gotten Klan to step on me or something. I think that would have hurt more. :p;)

The rest of this I'm not as sure about, since I'm relying on the first sub, but it seems like Grace is acting to try and spark a civil war between Zentradi and humans by setting off the bomb. That seems like a pretty interesting development, if it bears out. What faction would have it in their self-interest to spark such a conflict?

The other thing the sub mentions that I found interesting is something about the Vajra following the path of the fold communications. Perhaps the Vajra are attracted to these somehow? Perhaps as a consequence of the mysterious purple crystals they seem to have assimilated?

On a final note, it seems pretty certain Grace survives, because she asks Brera to wait for further orders from her, right before setting off the bomb. She doesn't seem to be committing suicide, or just trying to spare his feelings. She's entirely in control of the situation.

Actually it seems more like a war between the NUN and the VAJRA... Brera's primary mission was to assault the hive thus causing a hostile reaction from the queen. Capturing Ranka was his secondary mission objective. The VAJRA will be very probably blamed for Grace's destruction of the 33th.

And nope, if Grace was truly in control, Sheryl would be dead... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

But the Super Pack should add alot of speed and firepower, something he seemd to use quite well in their earlier fight in episode 9. What I'm wondering now is if the Vf-25 is at a disadvantage in an atmospheric environment simply because it can't use its FAST packs.

But the Super Pack should add alot of speed and firepower, something he seemd to use quite well in their earlier fight in episode 9. What I'm wondering now is if the Vf-25 is at a disadvantage in an atmospheric environment simply because it can't use its FAST packs.

ever heard of the phrase "speed is life"?

but more likely it's just the multiple distractions that Alto can throw @ Brera...

btw: the armor packs can also do speed boosts, but the only reason that Ozma didn't discard it was the fact that the armor pack has more metal...(it must be)

Edited by info600

The 27 seems to do fine in vacuum and atmosphere without FAST packs. And I can´t recall seeing a 25 using super packs in a atmosphere even Gilliam ditched his super pack before entering island 1. Perhaps a valk that relies on FAST packs too much can become vulnerable. I´m thinking the YF-19 or YF-21 would be less vulnerable in most situations because they rely less on FAST. Its probably just me but I would prefer a valk which is so good it doesn´t need FAST packs.

Actually it seems more like a war between the NUN and the VAJRA... Brera's primary mission was to assault the hive thus causing a hostile reaction from the queen. Capturing Ranka was his secondary mission objective. The VAJRA will be very probably blamed for Grace's destruction of the 33th.

I think Grace wanted to cause bad relations between Frontier and the other fleets as well. There was a line from Cathy waaaaaaaay back in the very first episode about the possibility of a diplomatic disaster if anything were to happen to Sheryl. And 12 episodes later, it looks like we almost saw that come to pass. Frontier would be blamed for carelessly putting Sheryl in a dangerous position so that Frontier could acheive some minor benefit.

The 27 seems to do fine in vacuum and atmosphere without FAST packs. And I can´t recall seeing a 25 using super packs in a atmosphere even Gilliam ditched his super pack before entering island 1.

iirc Gilliam ditched his pack so that he could squeeze through the already shrinking opening that the Vajra blew in the dome. So I don't know if we can yet authoritatively say that Super Packs can't be used in an atmosphere. At the very least, a VF-25 ought to be able to operate with the packs in an atmosphere while in GERWALK mode.

Edited by junior

Wait I just realized something if valks sensors and Zentraedi ship sensors are affected by the jamming why wasn't the following listed below not affected? :huh:

== Grace's cyborg body

== VF-27

== Ex-Gear

Wait I just realized something if valks sensors and Zentraedi ship sensors are affected by the jamming why wasn't the following listed below not affected? :huh:

== Grace's cyborg body

== VF-27

== Ex-Gear

Well Alto said it was only the Guidance system that were being knocked offline, and flying without knowing your positioning is pretty dangerous.

Grace's cyborg body wouldn't rely on the same instruments to fly an aircraft. I imagine Ex-Gear is similar since it's mostly an exoskeleton and wouldn't require those utilities to work.

As for the VF-27....¿Yo no se? Brera's whole cockpit setup isn't traditional since it's all hollowgraphicy so it might not need those readings? I'm just throwing something out there though.

Or it was a wreck and since they have little affinity for repair, it was useless to them and/or had already been gutted for all useful materials.

It is also entirely possible that is where they got the Reaction missiles from. I doubt NUNS would supply a remote Zentreadi outpost with dozens of reaction weapons...

Edited by Zinjo

The creature that Ranka and Alto saw in the bushes looked very similar to Ranka's Carby back on the Frontier. And it looks like Nanase is over feeding it too!

It did look similar but that one had legs like the big vajra and it had the BFG looking spike thing.

I'm surprised no one questioned why Grace, a cyborg, needed to wear glasses! If my wife went from blind as a bat to 20/20 with lasik in 2007 why can't cyborg's in 205X have perfect vision! Or is it all part of a well thought out disguise to divert suspision....

Let this be a warning, keep an eye on those female librarians, they could be evil cyborgs!