Macross Frontier Episode 13 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 13 rating  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 13 Rating

• Positive (OMG!!!!! MACROSS!!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Talk about Jumping the Shark...)

We still don't know if its actually a PPB weapon. :p

In that case, I believe we must wait until either Pilot-hime or Ozma scream, "PIN-POINTO BARIYA SRASH!"

BTW, I'm surprised no one ever noticed this:

http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=32nh7.jpg

Hmm, speaker pods, check, songstress piloting a plane, check, now all we need is that song energy harness thingamajig and we're all set. Cue Planet Dance.

Saza hajimaroze SATURDAY NIGHT...

Edited by d3v

...Just checked the opening from episode 1, Megaroad-4 was the ship that discovered Eden according to the map. The ship could have after finishing its mission been reconfigured and sent back out as a ship of the line and eventually become part of the research fleet.

...Just checked the opening from episode 1, Megaroad-4 was the ship that discovered Eden according to the map. The ship could have after finishing its mission been reconfigured and sent back out as a ship of the line and eventually become part of the research fleet.

Except that the SDF-4 is the Megaroad 3 (or would have been, seing as the SDF-2 is the Megaroad 1).

- Grace is dead

- Ranka probably have a chestbuster inside her (Alien ref)

- Grace is drugging Sheryl with the 'witch-craft' pil

The plot get thickens and we still don't who who is the mastermind behind this, is it true that Civil War will erupt soon according to Grace finel words?

I demand new OP for epi.14

I have a feeling that the vajra steals DNA from local fauna and creates weapons out of them. Wasn't the cutesy monster that Alto pointed his gun at while hugging Ranka the same thing in the stasis-tube on the Global? Another form of Vajra perhaps?

Ranka is still a mystery....probably her scientist parents decided to make her swallow the activation code for Vajra-invasion-program or whatever when she was young. Silly scientists...always entrusting their kids with the key to mankind's salvation. :lol:

What, like the Zerg? "Spawn more Overlords!"

And Ranka is like Kerrigan in Starcraft? I mean, where she's infested with Zerg DNA into a Zerg/human hybrid, then becomes Queen herself?

I don't even want to think about that... :blink: Poor Ranka!

Brera: You do not suit her.

Grace as she is activating the device: The death of the Galactic Fairy and the annihilation of the fleet. The hatred will grow like an inferno.

And I doubt Grace is dead, this was probably another of her puppet bodies.

What?! She wanted to kill Sheryl?! WTF?!! About Grace's death, I think so too, Grace could change bodies, why not store her consciousness somewhere else before doing a self-destruct? But you know what, I had a feeling that the violet thing/gunk/explosion was not deadly for some reason...

Awesome episode!

A couple of things I noticed about de VF-27:

- It folds it's wings for supersonic flight the same way the YF-21 (the same way de YB-70 valkyrie btw)

- It's gunpod have purple crystals on it? breracrystalsoo9.th.jpg

Grace definitely has more than one form.

The form she used to meet with Leon was a male afterall.

Grace is the final cyclon

:huh: :huh:

Graham wish to see VF-171 and Vajra action will be realized in epi.14, what a lucky man.

a new name in the ending credits : ランシェ・メイ (Ranshe Mei) not sure exactly who but probably the "motherly figure" to Ranka.

next week preview, we see a vf-171 in battloid mode and successfully blowing up a red vajra with gunpod fire!!!

I missed it, who is the VA?

- Grace is dead

- Ranka probably have a chestbuster inside her (Alien ref)

- Grace is drugging Sheryl with the 'witch-craft' pil

The plot get thickens and we still don't who who is the mastermind behind this, is it true that Civil War will erupt soon according to Grace finel words?

I demand new OP for epi.14

Grace is probably just an android shell for that moustachhe-ed Zent (Bilra?).

Brings new meaning to the phrase "ITS A TRAP!!" :lol:

Awesome episode!

A couple of things I noticed about de VF-27:

- It folds it's wings for supersonic flight the same way the YF-21 (the same way de YB-70 valkyrie btw)

- It's gunpod have purple crystals on it? breracrystalsoo9.th.jpg

What time in the episode did you see the wings folding.

The VF-171 finally shoots down a target, does it in battroid mode and survives, I can rest easy now.

All I can say it's about damn time! It took 13 episodes (yeah, I'm not counting the flashback to Mikhail's sister) for us to finally see some VF-171 Battroid action. I was beginning to think we'd never see it. I was getting nauseous at the thought of newbie Macross fans joining MW to post "So why is the VF-171 a non-transforming Verytech like the VF-4?" :):lol:

Duke you're wrong Frontier has not jumped no damn shark. Varja maybe but no shark. I didn't see a shark. Heck in fact the only jump I saw was from Bionic Grace. ^_^

Damn fine episode, more questions...

Duke you're wrong Frontier has not jumped no damn shark. Varja maybe but no shark. I didn't see a shark. Heck in fact the only jump I saw was from Bionic Grace. ^_^

Damn fine episode, more questions...

wouldn't be the first time Dukes been wrong... or the last. :p

... at least I have company in the "ran wild with baseless speculation" fanclub. ^_^

What time in the episode did you see the wings folding.

The VF-171 finally shoots down a target, does it in battroid mode and survives, I can rest easy now.

In between 18:54 - 18:57

AMEN TO THAT!!!! ^_^

BUT.....

Now I demand MOAR!!!!

:angry: VF-171 pr0n!!! :o

This time using a Super Pack. :ph34r:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macross7/vf-17s-superpack.htm

IMHO they (VF-171) should be using Super Packs by now due to the fact that since Episode 1 the VF-171 has been using externally mounted weaponry (mostly on the wings), hence stealthiness is not an issue.

Edited by grss1982

Am I the only one who saw a similarity between Grabil's (or whatever the PD cyborg looking dude's name was) self detonation and Grace's doomsday bomb?

Pretty intense episode.

Got the whole DYRL vibe from Ranka's kidnapping tho...

What really intrigues me is the fact that Grace has all this access to L.A.I (Luca's family company), why would they develop such a weapon in the first place? and why are they supplying both sides (Anaheim electronics deja-vu)? the depth of this conspiracy is increasing with every episode

a new name in the ending credits : ランシェ・メイ (Ranshe Mei) not sure exactly who but probably the "motherly figure" to Ranka.

there was another voice in Brera's flashback when he ..."drops down" through SDF-4 Global...playing the harmonica...

And that's 12 hours. Spoiler tags can go off now.

I liked this episode, not really for the SDF-4 stuff, but more for the character interaction. The sense I'm getting is that Alto and Ranka have the attraction but they don't really know how to say it or express it. The talk and events of this episode, the glance is the cockpit, the texting, the pushing from the friends, etc. They like each other, but to come out and say it seems to be...an issue. With Minmay-Hikaru-Misa, it was a dream vs reality. With Myung-Guld-Isamu, it was the ties-that-bind deal. With Basara-Mylene-Gamlin, it was a choice she needed over time to make, yet everyone kept pushing her one way or the other. With Shin-Sara, those 2 needed to learn to respect each other's different worlds (Mao acts more like the kid sister in Atonement). With Alto-Sherly-Ranka, I see it as Alto just needs to say it. This may go either way in the end, but right now, this is what it looks like to me.

And there was a animation flub. Brera mysteriously gets his gunpod back after Mikhail shot it...

let the fangirls of the Princess squee with delight!

35446pm1.th.jpg 35923ml8.th.jpg

34478hp6.th.jpg 36263sp4.th.jpg

hmmm.

for this ep, the Princess brownie-points tally goes

Ranka = 1

Sheryl = 0

:lol:B))

I vote Alto for favourite Macross Girl B))

And there was a animation flub. Brera mysteriously gets his gunpod back after Mikhail shot it...

better be glad the animators didn't make Brera use it ...

to me, Alto-Ranka-Sheryl triangle is more Sheryl trying to tug Alto away from Ranka starting from episode 5, everything before that is more of random events pointing out the triangle

Am I the only one who saw a similarity between Grabil's (or whatever the PD cyborg looking dude's name was) self detonation and Grace's doomsday bomb?

Pretty intense episode.

Got the whole DYRL vibe from Ranka's kidnapping tho...

You mean like when Gigil blew up a Lux?