Macross Frontier Episode 13 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 13 rating  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 13 Rating

• Positive (OMG!!!!! MACROSS!!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Talk about Jumping the Shark...)

That's REALLY been bothering me... poor, poor girl...

She probably ended up going in her suit when she saw the giant killer bug queen.

"Jumped the shark"???

HARDLY!

That was balls-out awesome. I was almost afraid to watch it after reading a few comments here, but I'm sure glad I did! I didn't understand a word of it, but I was blown away by the pretty pictures and implications. I'm actually quite excited by these sudden plot twists, and hope to see a subtitled version to truly take it all in soon. The ONLY thing that bugs me is that I have to wait another freaking week to see what happens! I'm not sure what made some of you dislike this episode..?

Perhaps you don't like a little Aliens in your space operas?

::shrug::

Edited by crasis

Does that mean

we'll finally see Macross/Battle 25 in action

?

Hopefully my friend, hopefully.

No enemy in the Macross universe has ever been as truly terrifying as the Vajra. Ordinary songs are ineffective, and if you try to blow them up then they'll just keep on coming relentlessly. Of course, Ranka and/or Sheryl will be involved in defeating them.

Kinda weird to hear diamond Crevasse again (Hasn't been used since ep 09)

Taksraven

It might be the last time actually. We know there will be new opening and ending songs eventually and this episode is officially the half way mark so it could be next episode with a new opening and ending.

One Word: AMAZING!

This is, by far, the best episode of Frontier I've seen in a long time. The animation was top-notch, certainly OVA quality and the sheer amount of awesome details were just perfect. I'm amazed at the fact that, even though this was more of an action orientated episode, we're treated to a good amount of character development. Of course, the most welcomed thing about this week episode was that we finally get progress on the plot (was getting a bit worried about the pace).

My ratings for this episode are:

Animation 9/10

Character development 7/10

Plot Development 9/10

Mecha Pron 8/10

Edited by Aegis!

Alto's VF-25 with Armored Packs next episode.

:) VF-171 Battroid mode actually shooting at something and blowing it up!

Zinjo and I were right about the possibility of Macross Class vessels existing! :) Grace has tentacles! :o:ph34r: OMGWTF DIMENSION EATER! Leon is a dick. I'm worried we might see some characters bite it next episode. Temjin might not be coming back after all... And the biggest mystery of all...

Did Ranka get to go to the bathroom?

I loved the eyecatch. :)

Its still strange that they decided to make it look exactly like the SDF-1 though, where the transformation would've been pointless. Also the 1st generation SDF-1 was designed to be a gunship....not quite fitting to be a research ship. But that may just mean different internals so i guess its moot. Gah...kawamori gave us a mind f***.

It's Macross, for some odd reason humanity seems to like to build everything to transform-- whether it's justified beyond "Effing cool" or not :lol: As for the design not fitting a science-ship, maybe not, but I bet it makes a hell of a secure location to capture, detain, and experiment on a Vajra Queen.

Great episode, craving subs like no other episode before. Makes me wonder how many Macross Class Cruiser/carriers were actually built; and by extension if they were built on the salvaged/captured/wrecked hulks of old Zentran/Supervision Armor cruisers like the "Macross"

Edited by ShadowValkyrie

Nice to see the head lasers on the VF-25 finally being used. Even if it was when the unit was in Fighter mode. Seems that Ex-gear can work underwater too.

Taksraven.

I feel bad for the Zentradi of the 33th Naval/Marine fleet there. The Advisor got wasted, but I couldn't see Mayor Ogohtwhai. Maybe he was away?

:unsure:

*A minute of silence for the brave soldiers of the 33th... Salute!!!*

At least they go out in style - DYRL Meltran style.

So all that Grace scheming about was to get Ranka to the planet, expecting her to get contact with the queen and trigger the event? Could she simply kidnap her? Or did she only want to go to the planet to blow the bomb?

I guess Ranka got some crystal in her by eating them, thinking they were candy...

FINALLY!!!!!

After the long wait we finally see some VF-171 pr0n!!!!

:ph34r: YEAH BABY!!! :lol: YEAH!!! :lol:

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4687/sn...04053019bd0.jpg

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4662/sn...04052910lr6.jpg

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1681/sn...04052858om6.jpg

BTW, I'm surprised no one ever noticed this:

http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=32nh7.jpg

VF-25 "Sheryl Special"???

:huh: But I thought she was gonna use her whip/microphone as the control mechanism. :lol:

GRACE IS BELLDANDY, SHE IS NOT EVIL!! *finds a corner and sobs*

Keep telling yourself that. :p

Alto's VF-25 with Armored Packs next episode. :) VF-171 Battroid mode actually shooting at something and blowing it up!

PICS??? Pretty Please!!!! :)

another thing interesting thing that i just found:

in around 21 minutes into the ad-included raw, i can finally clearly see the actual cockpit in the VF-27 (btw, he wears a helmet as well

she looks like a older sister of luca there :p

Edited by info600

FINALLY!!!!!

After the long wait we finally see some VF-171 pr0n!!!!

:ph34r: YEAH BABY!!! :lol: YEAH!!! :lol:

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4687/sn...04053019bd0.jpg

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4662/sn...04052910lr6.jpg

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1681/sn...04052858om6.jpg

VF-25 "Sheryl Special"???

:huh: But I thought she was gonna use her whip/microphone as the control mechanism. :lol:

Keep telling yourself that. :p

PICS??? Pretty Please!!!! :)

I definitely notice that shot of Sheryl and thought what the hell?

At least they go out in style - DYRL Meltran style.

Yeah, but they scream like a bunch of girly-men as they do. Fearless warriors, eh.......

Taksraven

I think a lot of you are putting WAAAAAAAY too much thought into this show. I just watched 13 finally and it was FREAKIN awesome and makes perfect sense. In no way did it seem out of touch with the rest of the series thus far and made it MUCH more exciting!!!!

I MUST SEE MORE!!!!!! :lol:

Oh, and Klan FTW. :D

I think she's some type of Zentradi/Vajra/human hybrid. :D

Didn't we all agree that Ranka is Zentraedi/human/vajra/FAST pack hybrid? :huh:

Michael is able to snipe Brera away, probably due to Sheryl taking over the piloting while Michael aim.

If the Vajra could capture Golbal and turn it into their nest and produce a warship from it, imagine what happen if Galaxy suffer the same fate.

Is it just me or epi.13 is different than the preview we saw on epi.12? :huh:

(hint: no hint of the Global being in a fleet of Guantanamo class)

I have a feeling that the vajra steals DNA from local fauna and creates weapons out of them. Wasn't the cutesy monster that Alto pointed his gun at while hugging Ranka the same thing in the stasis-tube on the Global? Another form of Vajra perhaps?

Ranka is still a mystery....probably her scientist parents decided to make her swallow the activation code for Vajra-invasion-program or whatever when she was young. Silly scientists...always entrusting their kids with the key to mankind's salvation. :lol:

Edited by wolfx

Michael is able to snipe Brera away, probably due to Sheryl taking over the piloting while Michael aim.

If the Vajra could capture Golbal and turn it into their nest and produce a warship from it, imagine what happen if Galaxy suffer the same fate.

I bet the Galaxy is just fine. Seems like the SDF-04 made first contact cause alto went into that auditorium and there was one in that tube. Now there is no evidence because of a fold bomb? Best way I can think of it.

Yay, Valkyrie PPB sword action with the VF-27. I said that it would be a useful hand to hand weapon against the Vajra!!!

Taksraven

We still don't know if its actually a PPB weapon. :p

ha ha

You saw that shot for about half a second during Ranka's flashback at the start of the episode.

Taksraven

I have a feeling that the vajra steals DNA from local fauna and creates weapons out of them.

Lets try infecting Gubaba with a V-type virus and see whether it turn into a monster or a CE era Ball with fur. :lol: