Max's TV 1/48 VF-1A on the way?

UN Spacy

Quite true, my dealer said it wl be out early next year :(

Anyway, look at bright side :lol: , give me more times to save up as there's lotsa other stuffs for me to buy for the rest of the year already.

Edited by Javabean

I could live with that. I pointed out in the other thread that the 1/60 Hikaru VF-1J doesn't seem to have the u-shaped elbows like TV 1/48's

Are there pictures of this difference? I've looked in the line art but I don't see any u-shaped elbows.

Are there pictures of this difference? I've looked in the line art but I don't see any u-shaped elbows.

from the Art section of the main page:

post-515-1218652118_thumb.jpgpost-515-1218652112_thumb.jpg

On the DYRL style valks, Yamato made this section solid on the 1/48

what's odd is I just went and looked at the lineart in the This Is Animation for DYRL book and the VF-1S they have in there has the U-shaped elbows also.

I didn't even know about these differences until Graham pointed it out in his posts.

The Roy 1/48 VF-1S toy is the DYRL version and has 4 differences from the TV version: -

1) The toy has the yellow DYRL head arrows on the sides of the head. The TV version should have black head arrows.

2) The toy has solid DYRL type elbows. Only the 1/48 VF-1J toys have the TV 'U' type elbows.

3) The pilot is in DYRL flight suit, which is completely different from the TV flight suit.

4) The toy only has the articulated DYRL type 'chicken hands', not the non-articulated fixed pose bubble hands of the TV version. These only come with the VF-1J toys IIRC.

The VF-1J has all the improvements first introduced way back on the VF-1A Max type, which include: -

1) Improved nosecone design that does not fall off so easily.

2) Improved flaps which do not come off so easily.

It also has: -

3) The improved easier opening front landing gear doors, first introduced on the VF-1A Low Vis.

Other changes to the VF-1J Hikaru include: -

4) Resculpted curved headrest on the pilot seat, first introduced on the VF-1S Hikaru. This change was made primarily to accomodate the TV type pilot which is larger at the rear than the DYRL pilot helmets.

5) All new Hikaru TV pilot sculpt, made of the same rubber type material first used on the Low Vis Pilot. Hikaru pilot figure has a central joystick moldedto the right hand.

6) Addition of 4 non-articulated rubber TV type hands, including: - left and right closed fist, right gunpod hand, left open hand.

7) All new resculpted TV forearms. These were done primarily to correct the shape of the elbows and make them more accurate by including the 'U' shape end profile, not beacuse of the stripe issue as tom64ss suggested.

8) All new TV type arm FAST Packs, shorter than the DYRL versions and with an angled front profile and smaller arm missiles.

9) VF-1J FAST Packs are a lighter shade of blue than the DYRL FPs.

Graham

Edited by chowyunskinny

Bad news! Max is confirm only to be delivered end of Feb 2009 which is like almost like 6-7 months away and you have to pay first and wait. They have to repaint the body but apply the new head and repackage into the new box.

The good news is that this is confirm a made to order Valkyie which will only be avaliable for order when purchase of the 2 vol. of Macross Chronicle magazine, which makes it special and 1 of the last few 1/48. (This is for the Max TV version.) So as long as you have the coupon and form(and a jap contact) you will confirm be able to get it.

The price stated on the form:

(MAX) 17,640 Yen + 1000 Yen (Made to order)

(Hikaru) 26,040 Yen + 1000 Yen (Only if you are the lucky 250)

The price stated on the form:

(MAX) 17,640 Yen + 1000 Yen (Made to order)

(Hikaru) 26,040 Yen + 1000 Yen (Only if you are the lucky 250)

I'd rather pony up the money to Kurt and have him do both. IMHO his skills to customize are very impressive.

Yamato, blegh. <_<

I ordered the Tv Max without first confirming the price (tot it will be around 160USD with shipping or so , but it turns out it will cost me 200USD)

u will have to fill in, cut out the coupon (s) on the magazine and send in to order (I suppose u need every coupon from a few issues, my first 2 chronicles have the coupons cut out)

my favourite local toyshop did all that for me

also subscribed to the chronicles , and the price went up as well...

I do hope I can be the lucky winner of the weathered VF-1S hikkie ^_^

Edited by Deimos

I have encountered some Problems with the forum like me unable to recieve my PMs and ppl too unable to receive mine, and the site seems to be down over the wkend. Therefore I have yet to receive any reply from 2 member who said to be interested in the MAX. So I might be able to take in 2 more MAX if anyone is interested. But I need a reply fast as the cut off date is over 2 days ago but still possible to make it.

Edited by Dashgtr

I have encountered some Problems with the forum like me unable to recieve my PMs and ppl too unable to receive mine, and the site seems to be down over the wkend. Therefore I have yet to receive any reply from 2 member who said to be interested in the MAX. So I might be able to take in 2 more MAX if anyone is interested. But I need a reply fast as the cut off date is over 2 days ago but still possible to make it.

Payment sent Dash! Paypal weirded out Thursday or Friday and I wasn't able to send the funds. Thought I missed the cut off so I just sent funds.

Yeah, that guy is nuts, but someone already bit the bullet. This is total bs on Yamato's part. I could see them making this a limited release like the first Low Vis to keep the numbers down, but making it a mag exclusive for Japanese collectors only is so f'ed up! Well, I guess there's always hope that they'll release a 1/60 version through normal channels.

Save, can you or someone else post images of what the coupon and order form from Chronicles #1 and #2 are supposed to look like? After hearing that some online retailers are removing the pages with the coupon/order form before selling the magazine, I'm now wondering if my issues have been clipped.

I have some pics of the 2 vol of Chronicles the coupons have been cut before I took all this but managed to take the form before it was cut.

The first 2 pics are the Macross Chronicles vol 1 & 2.

The 3rd pic is where the coupon used to be but was cut before i manage to take a picture. It's the last page of the vol 1 mag.

The 4th pic is where the form is and cut. It's the last page of the vol 2 mag.

The last pic is the front and back of the form, 1 for Max and the other for Hikaru.

Hope it helps.

post-8341-1219932781_thumb.jpg

post-8341-1219932796_thumb.jpg

post-8341-1219932814_thumb.jpg

post-8341-1219932826_thumb.jpg

post-8341-1219932845_thumb.jpg

I ordered the Tv Max without first confirming the price (tot it will be around 160USD with shipping or so , but it turns out it will cost me 200USD)

u will have to fill in, cut out the coupon (s) on the magazine and send in to order (I suppose u need every coupon from a few issues, my first 2 chronicles have the coupons cut out)

my favourite local toyshop did all that for me

also subscribed to the chronicles , and the price went up as well...

I do hope I can be the lucky winner of the weathered VF-1S hikkie ^_^

Does anybody know if an international mail address will be accepted for the order?

Does anybody know if an international mail address will be accepted for the order?

no, i think it can not accepted the international mail address. i been wrote an email to yamato US, here is their reply

"Thank you for your interest in Yamato’s collectibles. Unfortunately, Yamato’s license for its Macross collectibles does not extend outside of Japan. As a result, we here at Yamato USA are not able to be of assistance. I am sorry that we can not be of more help"

no, i think it can not accepted the international mail address. i been wrote an email to yamato US, here is their reply

"Thank you for your interest in Yamato’s collectibles. Unfortunately, Yamato’s license for its Macross collectibles does not extend outside of Japan. As a result, we here at Yamato USA are not able to be of assistance. I am sorry that we can not be of more help"

We all know who to thank for that <_<