Max's TV 1/48 VF-1A on the way?

UN Spacy

It's sad. I would buy the hell out of this if I had that chance.

Too bad I probably won't.

This and the TV Kakizaki were the 2 1/48's that I REALLY still wanted. I REALLY wanted a complete TV line. Now it looks like my only hope for that is probably the 1/60's, but probably not for 5+ years.

Oh well.

Is it so hard for Yamato to give this a wider release? If they're afraid they won't be able to sell enough, why not just release them as Limited Ed. like the Low Vis. v. 1? Those sold out fast enough.

I can only immagine even the Japs would find it hard to get one of these limited editions, 250 unit is really limited. I hope there was a typo error in the magazine, it is not 250 but suppose to be 25,000 units . I can only hope ^_^

Just got my Macross Chronicle booklet, and folder. Still getting all the details for the limited valks and it`s really going to piss you guys off.

Both are limited to 250 units each.

You need to buy the first issue for the points, then buy the next issue for the application card or something like that. (Still getting the full details so not 100 percent clear).

Even if you get all required items for the limited Valks, you will be put in a lottery for the opportunity to purchase.

Full details once I can get a better translation.

WTF?!?!? ARE YOU #@$&ING KIDDING ME? GOD*@#$ @$$HOLES AT YAMATO! :angry::angry::angry::angry: *SIGH* And I bet we get to see those on ebay at ridiculous prices it wont be so funny. If that is the case, I am going to our customizers here on MW. I rather them make the money and I got so many extra valks. Sure I like the new head but I cannot justify the price it will command on ebay. 250 pieces... B@stards. They make the Angel Birds and DRL Kakazaki and those didnt sell well. So this justifies their decision to "limit" the next set? Idiots and morons. All of them are. Why didnt they put the TV versions out first with the new head sculpt? ok, I need to stay calm, it is a toy. It is only a toy...

why not everyone pitch in to buy one max and recast the head. hell we have enough skilled individuals on the forum that can make it available for us. its just really the head thats different. i'd rather pay someone or do the custom max myself and buya recast head. i doubt the box will be exclusive and if so i'd rather spend that funds on nb4m kits.

now we need to locate one and everybody pitch in. unless someone can secretly recast it to avoid licensing issues

Maybe if we stop calling them @$$HOLES,idiots and morons they'll stop hurting us.

You really think so? Then I got a bridge to sell you. I have nothing but in support of Yamato to the point I was called their fanboy when the flamewars about the toynami crappy robotech stuff they put out. I am fine if they say it was that you had to mail-in coupons but to add the lottery just adds insult to injury. I dont understand why dont they make a regular release of the 1A Max TV. Of course then again, ppl said they would buy Kakazaki and the angel birds but now they are shelfwarmers at HLJ. Marketing should be on job telling them if the release would sell in Japan especially. I know Kakazaki is not the popular character. But Max? Of course Max 1A DYRL didnt sell so well did it?

My question is how would you pay for it? I mean you write the check and if you dont get it, they return the check or shred it?

You really think so? Then I got a bridge to sell you. I have nothing but in support of Yamato to the point I was called their fanboy when the flamewars about the toynami crappy robotech stuff they put out. I am fine if they say it was that you had to mail-in coupons but to add the lottery just adds insult to injury. I dont understand why dont they make a regular release of the 1A Max TV. Of course then again, ppl said they would buy Kakazaki and the angel birds but now they are shelfwarmers at HLJ. Marketing should be on job telling them if the release would sell in Japan especially. I know Kakazaki is not the popular character. But Max? Of course Max 1A DYRL didnt sell so well did it?

My question is how would you pay for it? I mean you write the check and if you dont get it, they return the check or shred it?

Dude, your reply was so flip floppy... they should, they shouldn't, they should, they shouldn't. I want the Max as a wide release so I can just order it, but I'm not gonna pretend that I'm a bigger expert than the guy making decisions in Yamato. My point is why dont you calm down until you get all the info... a wise man once said on this topic... it's only a toy...

oh wait, that wasn't a wise man... that was you!

:lol:B))

Dude, your reply was so flip floppy... they should, they shouldn't, they should, they shouldn't. I want the Max as a wide release so I can just order it, but I'm not gonna pretend that I'm a bigger expert than the guy making decisions in Yamato. My point is why dont you calm down until you get all the info... a wise man once said on this topic... it's only a toy...

oh wait, that wasn't a wise man... that was you!

:lol:B))

Who said I was wise? I never claimed that. And whoever did say it was on drugs. :rolleyes: Just leave me alone. I am having a bad day and it goes from bad to worse. Oh well... you are right, err I was right... it is a toy. :blink:

Thank you! I wince every time I hear that.

I know i'm guilty of saying/typing that but i mean no offence at all, sorry i don't know what other word to say? just full "japanese"? whats their "aussie"(australian) nickname in japanese?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I know i'm guilty of saying/typing that but i mean no offence at all, sorry i don't know what other word to say? just full "japanese"? whats their "aussie"(australian) nickname in japanese?
I know it's only meant as shorthand and not supposed to be offensive. We need to think of something better though. J-dudes?

The TV Max is a limited release, which can purchased from the coupon found in the Chronicles Magazine #1. The coupon has to be attached to the order form found in Chronicles Magazine #2. Not sure about the lucky draw thingy, but it seems the shop, which im usually purchase my macross stuff from, is able to get them through preorder on the condition that you provide the coupon/order form. Same goes for the VF-1S Hikaru (Weathered version). Maybe he has contacts with the distributor in Hongkong/China itself.

After flipping through the magazine, i must say that its quite interesting and informative, with plenty of bios and illustrations and even a poster. Would defintely be getting the rest of the magazine releases.

Sad to say, i would be forgoing the TV Max, gave my coupon to the shop, which i bought the magazine from as they would be doing a preorder for the TV Max. Would be concentrating on the 1/60 series instead

Edited by recon

Ok..so it's limited...but limited as in not a ton made, but more limited then 250?

Ugh..this thing is a rollar coster of emotions as info changes..I'm happy..no annoyed..happy again...annoyed...:blink:

limited 250 for the Max's VF-1A, is that be verified? :mellow:

limited 250 for the Max's VF-1A, is that be verified? :mellow:

Yups 250 for both Max VF-1A and VF-1S Strike (Weathered). But believe me, the numbers produced usually would be more than the quantity specified, which would be later sold to the open market via "unknown sources"

Remember the case with VF-1A Low Vis 1, numbers produced were actually more than then stated quantity. But back then, i think noone was as crazy for ltd/exclusive releases like now. ^_^

Edited by recon

Yups 250 for both Max VF-1A and VF-1S Strike (Weathered). But believe me, the numbers produced usually would be more than the quantity specified, which would be later sold to the open market via "unknown sources"

thank you. but, do you have any idea to buy the MAX's VF-1A without the coupons? you mentioned somebody contact with the distributor in Hongkong/China, does it works? ^_^

thank you. but, do you have any idea to buy the MAX's VF-1A without the coupons? you mentioned somebody contact with the distributor in Hongkong/China, does it works? ^_^

I would say it would be hard to get one w/o the coupons and ordering form. As for ordering the max or vf-1s, maybe its becos the shop owner is from hong kong itself, as far as i knows he has no trouble in getting ltds/exclusives. Maybe he has his sources or contacts. He even managed to get a few of the WS VF-1S even though its super rare. Then again, i must emphasize that the amount of ltd/exclusives produced are actually more than the stated amount, maybe just a small number and these are usually sold off to the secondary market

Edited by recon

I would say it would be hard to get one w/o the coupons and ordering form. As for ordering the max or vf-1s, maybe its becos the shop owner is from hong kong itself, as far as i knows he has no trouble in getting ltds/exclusives. Maybe he has his sources or contacts. He even managed to get a few of the WS VF-1S even though its super rare. Then again, i must emphasize that the amount of ltd/exclusives produced are actually more than the stated amount, maybe just a small number and these are usually sold off to the secondary market

the weathered roy was easier to get compared to the two upcoming new ones. good luck to all of you if you get them both.