Max's TV 1/48 VF-1A on the way?

UN Spacy

Interesting that Yamato created an accurate TV 1A head for Max, I have to give them credit for finally taking the plunge. But this makes me wonder if Max's 1A will see an expanded release later on, I don't see why Yamato would spend money creating an entirely new head mold just for a limited release. Hopefully this exclusive will eventually see a regular release, just like the old 1/60 cannon fodder.

hmmm I was right, the TV-1A uses the 1J type arms!

According to Yamato: yes. But not according to the lineart. ;)

vf-1a-max-battroid_small.gif

Edited by TheLoneWolf

They make the correct head in an attempt to lure suckers, LIKE ME, to get one. Besides a new head on top of what is essentially a color change and Yamato is making money.

But isn't that mostly the case for VF-1 toys...

mwuhahaha... that lineart doesn't show any panel lining aside from the lines below the knee... FTW! ;)

Thank you for the pics klam1020

Seriously, if there are any MW members in Japan that can help me acquire a 1/48 Max (two ideally) please PM!!

Bro, your character is the so cool!!!!

lol, thanks gwfalcon

God, this new TV style head makes you wonder about the possibility of a TV Kakizaki and cannon fodder as exclusives in the near future :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edited by chowyunskinny

Interesting that Yamato created an accurate TV 1A head for Max, I have to give them credit for finally taking the plunge. But this makes me wonder if Max's 1A will see an expanded release later on, I don't see why Yamato would spend money creating an entirely new head mold just for a limited release. Hopefully this exclusive will eventually see a regular release, just like the old 1/60 cannon fodder.

According to Yamato: yes. But not according to the lineart. ;)

vf-1a-max-battroid_small.gif

It's not a new mold just a custom chop job that might be the end result for these exclusives. We all know far too well that Yamato would not take the financial plunge just recreate the DYRL head to TV goodness.

Nonetheless, I still like it. It looks pretty damn good.

I think it's deplorable for Yamato to give it's 1/48 fans a slap in the face and kick in the nuts by releasing Valks that they've been begging for for 5 years now as limited edition, hard to get releases.

I can only hope they don't do this with the 1/60 V2 VF-1's, but I wouldn't put it past them.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Has there been any further explanation of what will be needed to get these?

I'm eager to know that as well. I hope (times infinity) that it's just a mail in thing. If it's super-complicated then there will be a limited amount of people that would be willing to step up and assist us non-japan residents in getting one.

I think it's deplorable for Yamato to give it's 1/48 fans a slap in the face and kick in the nuts by releasing Valks that they've been begging for for 5 years now as limited edition, hard to get releases.

I can only hope they don't do this with the 1/60 V2 VF-1's, but I wouldn't put it past them.

-Kyp

A bit harsh...

I would think this is in direct response to the mass appeal of TV Max.

I personally would NOT want Yamato to make any exclusives for the V.2 1/60, I'd much rather they keep moving forward with the 1/48s.

-Kyp

Yeah, and what do you expect. This is tied to Yamato's new magazine. I do not like it but Yamato will sell their magazine in order for you and everyone else to buy the valk.

Yet, the talk about more exclusive releases is sheer stupidity. Release the toys on the open market so that all can enjoy. Anyone that recommends such an idea must get hit in the head more than I do.

The only secondary market money I will give up is to the person that makes recasts of the TV head and then I can make my own Max, CF, AB .... W.E.T.H.

For those like "Save" that offer their services THANK YOU and I hope that the process will not be too painful but I am going to vote with my cash and not give it to Yamato this time.

For those that know Yes I am getting one of the Revoltech Miria VF-1J but if this exclusive crap continues to be a trend then there will be more customs and less purchases in the future.

Just look at HLJ 1/48 VF-1A A.B. on sale just waiting of a new head and some blue paint.

They could have responded by making a general release rather than leave the majority outside looking in. :mellow:

-Kyp

Well you might get lucky and have it released to the masses in the V.2 1/60. But then again, that would be yet another slap in the face. :blink:

Either way, it still looks as though this might just be sprayed on paint overall and have the markings screwed up like on some of the WS Roy(s).

Just who is 111? I thought Max was 102 in the TV SDFM.

gonna pass on these exclusives . <_<

if they wanna make money they just need to open this up

so everyone who wants one can get one

same as the vf-1s focker weathered i skipped over that one too.

Either way, it still looks as though this might just be sprayed on paint overall and have the markings screwed up like on some of the WS Roy(s).

If it is an all white valk with blue paint for highlights then Yamato can easily repaint it for their exclusive Kakizaki. :lol:

Die Alien Scum had the right idea when he made his own 1/48 TV releases.

マクロス・クロニクルのみでしか手に入らないオリジナル商品を誌上限定にて販売。

ファン待望の初商品化アイテムが登場。

以下画像をクリックするとjpeg画像がダウンロードできます。

やまと製 1/48 完全変形版  VF-1A マックス機(TV版) やまと製 1/48 完全変形版  VF-1S ストライクバルキリー

一条輝機 ウェザリング仕様

まと製のVF-1A マックス機は、これが初の商品化となります。

この機種は、エースパイロットのマックスが「超時空要塞マクロス」TV23話まで搭乗しており、

マクロスを代表するメカの一つですが、これまでほとんど商品化された事のない機体です。

まさにファン待望のコレクターズアイテムといえます。

一方の「VF-1S 一条輝機 ウェザリング仕様」は、劇場版『超時空要塞マクロス ~愛・おぼえていますか~』のクライマックスを彩った歴史的な機体です。今回はリアルな汚し塗装を施した仕様となります。

(quoted without the pics)

Can anyone translate the text please? I'm curious if it contains any details on how to obtain the Max (And Hikaru 1S for those interested)

(quoted without the pics)

Can anyone translate the text please? I'm curious if it contains any details on how to obtain the Max (And Hikaru 1S for those interested)

Babel Fish Home - Help

In English

At limitation on the magazine selling the original commodity which does not enter into the hand in only the [makurosu] chronicle. The fan long-awaited first merchandising item appears.

When the below picture is clicked, it can download the jpeg picture. And mark make 1/48 complete deformation edition VF-1A MAX machines (TV edition) and mark make 1/48 complete deformation edition VF-1S strike Valkyrie Ichijo shine machine [uezaringu] specifications

As for the VF-1A MAX machine of the mark make, this becomes first merchandising. As for this type, MAX of the ace pilot to has embarked “super spatial-temporal fortress [makurosu]” TV23 story, it is one of the mechanics who represent [makurosu], but it is the fuselage it has not been merchandised almost so far.

Just, you can call fan long-awaited [korekutazuaitemu]. One side it is the historical fuselage which “VF-1S Ichijo shine machine [uezaringu] specification” has remembered, or theater edition 'super spatial-temporal fortress [makurosu] ~ love colors the climax of the ~'.

This time real it becomes the specification which administers polluting paint.

( Enter up to 150 words )

Translate again

マクロス・クロニクルのみでしか手に入らないオリジナル商品を誌上限定にて販売。ファン待望の初商品化アイテムが登場。 以下画像をクリックするとjpeg画像がダウンロードできます。 やまと製 1/48 完全変形版  VF-1A マックス機(TV版) やまと製 1/48 完全変形版  VF-1S ストライクバルキリー一条輝機 ウェザリング仕様 まと製のVF-1A マックス機は、これが初の商品化となります。この機種は、エースパイロットのマックスが「超時空要塞マクロス」TV23話まで搭乗しており、マクロスを代表するメカの一つですが、これまでほとんど商品化された事のない機体です。まさにファン待望のコレクターズアイテムといえます。 一方の「VF-1S 一条輝機 ウェザリング仕様」は、劇場版『超時空要塞マクロス ~愛・おぼえていますか~』のクライマックスを彩った歴史的な機体です。今回はリアルな汚し塗装を施した仕様となります。

Here's the translation from a friend of mine, with his comments:

---------------------------------------------------

Limited availability only with Macross Chronicle. Long-awaited item by fans.

Click on the pictures below to download jpeg images.

Yamato 1/48 scale VF-1A Max (makkusu) (TV version) Yamato 1/48 scale VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Brilliant Streak (must be part of the name) Weathering.

This is the first time the Yamato VF-1A Max has been offered.

This model, Ace Pilot Max first appeared in the 23rd episode of (some name of a Macross series that's a bunch of random kanji meaning things like Super and Sky and stuff). Unlike any Macross mecha sold before. Certainly this will become a collector's item among fans.

The VF-1S Weathering blahblah model made history at the climax of (holy crap another long string of silly kanji for a movie, ending with something about "Do you remember love?")

This time, given a realistic coating.

Here's the translation from a friend of mine, with his comments:

---------------------------------------------------

Limited availability only with Macross Chronicle. Long-awaited item by fans.

Click on the pictures below to download jpeg images.

Yamato 1/48 scale VF-1A Max (makkusu) (TV version) Yamato 1/48 scale VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Brilliant Streak (must be part of the name) Weathering.

This is the first time the Yamato VF-1A Max has been offered.

This model, Ace Pilot Max first appeared in the 23rd episode of (some name of a Macross series that's a bunch of random kanji meaning things like Super and Sky and stuff). Unlike any Macross mecha sold before. Certainly this will become a collector's item among fans.

The VF-1S Weathering blahblah model made history at the climax of (holy crap another long string of silly kanji for a movie, ending with something about "Do you remember love?")

This time, given a realistic coating.

Thanks :) Wonder what their idea of "Limited availability" is?

Edited by Rabidweezil

I find it to be incredibly hurtful that the one 1/48 valk that most fans have been begging for for years now, the VF-1A max, is a limited release.

I am going to have to work this out in therapy.