Max's TV 1/48 VF-1A on the way?

UN Spacy

The text on the red circle say they are magazine limited. Normally it would mean you can only order it by mailing an order form you cut from that magazine with payment, and they will mail you the product. Most certainly a Japan only deal.

The text on the red circle say they are magazine limited. Normally it would mean you can only order it by mailing an order form you cut from that magazine with payment, and they will mail you the product. Most certainly a Japan only deal.

If there are any MW members in Japan willing to help out with this, I'd be interested in getting one...or two ^_^

Thanks in advance.

Edited by chowyunskinny

Better start cleaning out my inbox it's about 99% full.

UPDATE!!!!

Do not send me a pm about these limited versions, I don't know anymore about them than you guys do. When I know more I will post here, until then do not send me any requests concerning them. All requests about these limited items will be ignored till I know what the full details are. I'm not going through the VF-1s WS pms again, man that was a pain.

Edited by Save

Better start cleaning out my inbox it's about 99% full.

UPDATE!!!!

Do not send me a pm about these limited versions, I don't know anymore about them than you guys do. When I know more I will post here, until then do not send me any requests concerning them. All requests about these limited items will be ignored till I know what the full details are. I'm not going through the VF-1s WS pms again, man that was a pain.

PM sent! :lol:

Crap, More exclusives.

If QC doesn't alienate your customers exclusive releases will.

Please explain how this is a good idea to sell less and automatically create a profit generating secondary market that will be ripe for fakes.

cool another exclusive from yamato. :rolleyes:

its safe to say i'll be skipping this one like all the other macross exclusives purchased through the secondickary market.

these toys cost enough as is and with all the actual new stuff coming out, i can't justify paying double/triple for a repaint.

Guest sh002

most likely all macross fans who want this version won't be able to get it. hopefully a 1/60 version will come out in the future that is not an exclusive.

Edited by sh002

cool another exclusive from yamato. :rolleyes:

its safe to say i'll be skipping this one like all the other macross exclusives purchased through the secondickary market.

these toys cost enough as is and with all the actual new stuff coming out, i can't justify paying double/triple for a repaint.

I hear you, brother.

According to Graham, wasn't Yamato going to can the 1/48 molds and move onto the meager 1/60 V.2? I think it's safe to say that 1/48s are not going away anytime soon and the 1/60 V.2 could see limited release (and variants) due to the continued overwhelming response, presence, and selling power of the large scale 1/48.

If QC doesn't alienate your customers exclusive releases will.

Please explain how this is a good idea to sell less and automatically create a profit generating secondary market that will be ripe for fakes.

That's always been my gripe w/exclusives. It seems to be something that every Toy company does even though it just pisses off the fans and makes the scalers happy. And it seems that Yamato is jumping on the exclusive bandwagon. Which sucks. Limited is one thing, but exclusive to one magazine, or shop, or convention is another.

I'm a completest. I had all the 1/48's until the Weathered 1S came out. I figured one hole in my collection isn't a big deal (even though I would have snatched one up if it had been somewhat easy to obtain). But if Yamato is going to keep up this trend I might end up w/lots of holes.

again...sucky

That's always been my gripe w/exclusives. It seems to be something that every Toy company does even though it just pisses off the fans and makes the scalers happy. And it seems that Yamato is jumping on the exclusive bandwagon. Which sucks. Limited is one thing, but exclusive to one magazine, or shop, or convention is another.

I'm a completest. I had all the 1/48's until the Weathered 1S came out. I figured one hole in my collection isn't a big deal (even though I would have snatched one up if it had been somewhat easy to obtain). But if Yamato is going to keep up this trend I might end up w/lots of holes.

again...sucky

Does this mean you have the "Credit Card" Valk and the "Comet...(I can't remember)" valk as well? Got pics?

Does this mean you have the "Credit Card" Valk and the "Comet...(I can't remember)" valk as well? Got pics?

Clarified just for you B))

I'm a completest. I had all the 1/48's that saw a release amount above 5 until the Weathered 1S came out. I figured one hole in my collection isn't a big deal (even though I would have snatched one up if it had been somewhat easy to obtain). But if Yamato is going to keep up this trend I might end up w/lots of holes

I would have been hard pressed to get those 2 limited valks even if they saw general release. The all black one was kind of boring and I thought the comet one was pretty fugly.

But knowing myself, I would have probably broken down and gotten them anyway ^_^

Edited by Rabidweezil

I hear you, brother.

According to Graham, wasn't Yamato going to can the 1/48 molds and move onto the meager 1/60 V.2? I think it's safe to say that 1/48s are not going away anytime soon and the 1/60 V.2 could see limited release (and variants) due to the continued overwhelming response, presence, and selling power of the large scale 1/48.

yeah i remember he said something along those lines.

i'm just guessing here but i think yamato is going to release one here and one there whenever they need some extra cash for other projects...who knows? one things for sure, the 1/48 is a proven seller so i really don't understand why they didn't continue forward with the line knowing this?

its cool though since i'm not spending my money in this kind of crap anymore. i'll be picking up the unreleased 1/48's in 1/60 scale and i'll be content with that.

i feel bad for those who just have to have this(as well as the weathered roy).

no pics please but be sure to tells us how it feels to take it in the ass after you receive it. :p

C'mon now folks, these "exclusives" aren't something to be upset about. If you lived in Japan and did the work you would get them for about MSRP. It's not Yamato's fault they can't sell to the US and they seem to be just "having fun" with the 1/48 mold now by pumping out some low volume toys. For them they get to make a toy, have it at least break even, and not have to worry about back-stock. I don't really see anything wrong with it or the people with enough cash to pay a premium for them. It sucks that BW and HG hate each other and it keeps toys out of our hands... but that's about it.

C'mon now folks, these "exclusives" aren't something to be upset about. If you lived in Japan and did the work you would get them for about MSRP. It's not Yamato's fault they can't sell to the US and they seem to be just "having fun" with the 1/48 mold now by pumping out some low volume toys. For them they get to make a toy, have it at least break even, and not have to worry about back-stock. I don't really see anything wrong with it or the people with enough cash to pay a premium for them. It sucks that BW and HG hate each other and it keeps toys out of our hands... but that's about it.

No one's upset. I just think it would be justified for Yamato to conclude all the variants available in the 1/48 version for all the masses. It's not like Max TV 1A won't sell. This version is pure gold and many would love to have one created by Yamato than a home-made custom (myself included).

It's great and all that they milk the molds, I for one would continue buying the variants (in multiples) as I always do. Just can't get enough of the 1/48.