If you could have only one Yamato Valk.....

Kyp Durron

What Valk would you choose?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. If you could have only one Yamato Valk, which would you choose?

• 1/48 VF-1A/J/S (Specify in your post)
    • 1/48 VF-1A/J/S w/FP (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 VF-0A/S (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 VF-0A/S w/ FP&Ghost Booster (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 SV-51 Nora/Ivanov/CF (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 YF-19
    • 1/60 YF-19 w/FP set
    • 1/60 YF-21
    • 1/60 Version 1 VF-1A/J/D/S (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 Version 1 VF-1A/J/D/S VE-1 VT-1 w/FP set (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 VF-11B (when it comes out)
    • 1/60 Version 2 VF-1A/J/D/S w/FP set (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 Version 2 VF-1A/J/D/S (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 Version 2 VT-1 (I'm going to assume this will be made)
    • 1/60 Version 2 VE-1 (I'm going to assume this will be made)

I didn't see a button for "any."

"Any" meaning any valkyrie that is free and clear of QC or design issues. I actually love all the Macross mecha, just not all Yamato's renditions there of.

Hence why this poll is titled "If you could only have one Yamato Valk...I didn't make this poll with the intention of including ones made by other companies.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I don't have a valk yet and I was actually thinking of owning only one Macross figure since I really collect Optimus Primes. I researched thoroughly and rewatched the SDF Macross Saga and I thought that the best valk to own if you'll only be gunning for one would be Yamato's 1/48 VF-1S Roy Fokker (either the regular of the weathered edition) with Super and Strike Parts. Along with Hikky's VF-1J, this is the most iconic of the series which, even after Fokker's death, saw action all throughout. I was actually about to buy one until I saw the upcoming 1/60 V2 with FAST Packs included. The FAST packs for the 1/48 are hard to come by lately in my country, then after watching Macross Frontier and looking at the 1/60 Bandai VF-25's, I've decided to go with the 1/60 V2's :)

Hehe so to answer the poll, you want only one figure? Go for the 1/48 VF-1S Fokker with FAST Packs. Want to collect valks? Go for the new 1/60 line. It's cheaper and goes in scale with many other valk figures.

I don't have a valk yet and I was actually thinking of owning only one Macross figure since I really collect Optimus Primes. I researched thoroughly and rewatched the SDF Macross Saga and I thought that the best valk to own if you'll only be gunning for one would be Yamato's 1/48 VF-1S Roy Fokker (either the regular of the weathered edition) with Super and Strike Parts. Along with Hikky's VF-1J, this is the most iconic of the series which, even after Fokker's death, saw action all throughout. I was actually about to buy one until I saw the upcoming 1/60 V2 with FAST Packs included. The FAST packs for the 1/48 are hard to come by lately in my country, then after watching Macross Frontier and looking at the 1/60 Bandai VF-25's, I've decided to go with the 1/60 V2's :)

Hehe so to answer the poll, you want only one figure? Go for the 1/48 VF-1S Fokker with FAST Packs. Want to collect valks? Go for the new 1/60 line. It's cheaper and goes in scale with many other valk figures.

Although my pick may or may not be different, well said. Welcome to Macrossworld.

Yeah roy is the guy who you think of when you think of macross. He is the fighterjet jock who introduces you to overtechnology. Unfortunately all his fooling around with women is paid for eventually by the Qrau grunts shooting him and not taking the competition seriously. "Being beaten by a girl!"

Hikaru is just a noob and has to make do with the inferior red version of the skull and bones which doesn't look nearly as cool as a black and white skull and bones symbol. The tv series Hikaru VF1-s would have been superior to the DYRL one in that sense, were it not for the fact that DYRL has newer controls and stuff inside. (because of the tv series having the better skull and crossbones symbol)

For all of the above reasons, I think Roy is the best "first valk".

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I only have one Yamato Valk now, a 1/48 VF-1J, but it's always been displayed in the GPB armor. The J has always been the most iconic Valk to me. I had a couple other 1/48s, but I've been trying to focus my collecting down to the essentials, so they were passed on to MWers who would appreciate them more. I do like the 1/48 fast packs, especially with the clear covers, as they really impart a sense of scale. If I had to pick just one, however, I'd go with the J with GPB, which looks just massive.

Best,

--MyClone

the vote would explode for the Yf-19 SUPERNOVA if it did exist in the market..... ^_^

just a kick asssssssssss valk !!! I am telling you

19 all the way in this scheme

but for existing valks ROY 1S + STRIKE PACK wins honestly after pure refexion

in 1/48 scale of course

Edited by Ghostkiller

My vote went for the 1/60 YF-19 w/ FP. There's just something about this valk that makes me wanna gaze at it for hours on end (in any mode too) I'm glad to have come across MW. Otherwise I'd be limited to Robotech stuff.

my vote goes to the 1/48 vf-1j with FP. i think for the 1/48 series, the 1j head is the nicest.. and the stealth color scheme is the best, with vf-1j hikaru a close 2nd. max and miria are also really really not bad at all.

the stealth scheme comes with extra hands (as with all 1J), and also the low vis pilot, which IMHO is the best pilot mould ever for any valk yamato has ever released. however the hikaru/max/miria pilots are an eyesore with that joysitck glued to the hands. and miria should have been a diff mould with boobs... oh well...

Wow, I'm kinda surprised at how well the YF-19 FP version is doing compared to the 1/48 VF-1 variations. I think the YF-21 will get more votes as more people get them. *cough*meandeveryoneelsewhoorderedwithKevin*cough* :p

-Kyp

Hey I wont bash you for supporting kevin's business and ll but if you really wanted it that badly, its best not to get a hot item like that via the slow boat... literally...

Hey I wont bash you for supporting kevin's business and ll but if you really wanted it that badly, its best not to get a hot item like that via the slow boat... literally...

Sometimes I wonder why you even bother speaking. :huh:

:ph34r:

I voted for the Hikaru VF-1S Strike, but it could also have been the Hikaru VF-1J GBP or the LowViz 1. I like the 19 and the other guys but the VF-1 is iconic, and just has a certain charm.

I only ever planned to buy one 1/48 and it was the low-viz. You CAN'T just have one though!

My first Valkyrie purchase was Roy's 1/48 VF-1S along with the fast packs and strike parts. If I was limited to one set, then I would have to agree with the other comments: the jolly-roger and the yellow and black stripes of Skull-1 are just too iconic to ignore.

But I didn't stop there. Oh no, I got hooked. I now have a couple 1/48s, but I started late, so now I'm switching my focus to the new 1/60s. Having at least one VF-1 in the larger scale is a must, though. Definitely.

• 5 weeks later...
I was actually thinking of owning only one Macross figure since I really collect Optimus Primes.

Ah yes, looking back... :lol:

Since the time I posted this, I had the YF-21, a ver 1 1/60 1J Hikky with GBP, and two ver 2 1/60 1S Roy with FPs :lol:

I'm so good at eating my own words, which I don't mind since it tastes like chicken :lol:

Edited by pochimus prime