If you could have only one Yamato Valk.....

Kyp Durron

What Valk would you choose?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. If you could have only one Yamato Valk, which would you choose?

• 1/48 VF-1A/J/S (Specify in your post)
    • 1/48 VF-1A/J/S w/FP (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 VF-0A/S (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 VF-0A/S w/ FP&Ghost Booster (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 SV-51 Nora/Ivanov/CF (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 YF-19
    • 1/60 YF-19 w/FP set
    • 1/60 YF-21
    • 1/60 Version 1 VF-1A/J/D/S (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 Version 1 VF-1A/J/D/S VE-1 VT-1 w/FP set (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 VF-11B (when it comes out)
    • 1/60 Version 2 VF-1A/J/D/S w/FP set (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 Version 2 VF-1A/J/D/S (Specify in your post)
    • 1/60 Version 2 VT-1 (I'm going to assume this will be made)
    • 1/60 Version 2 VE-1 (I'm going to assume this will be made)

Going to go with the 1/48 vf-1s roy type with FP. It's what my mind immediately flashes to when I think of Macross and and right now, I think it's the best representation.

Maybe I'll change my mind and think the 1/60 ver 2 is better when I get mine.

I voted for the 1/48 VF-1J/A without FP. My vote would have to be for my 1/48 custom VF-1D 2-seater because it represents the first Valkyrie we saw change its configuration before we learned of Roy's badness and the rest of the crew. Besides that it's extremely rare! 1/48's till I die homie!

^_^

OO

gallery_7126_36_310495.jpg

Edited by MacrossMan

I'll take a 1/60 VF-5000 any day of the week, ;) .

Seriously though, If I had to choose from current Yamato releases I'd go with the 1/60 VF-1J. It's the perfect size, stays in scale with most other Yamato valks, has many improvements over past VF-1 toys, and it's the most iconic VF out of all the SDF valks for me.

edit; yeah I forgot, make it a GBP if possible B)) .

Edited by Aegis!

I went with the YF-21 for this. It was a tough call for me because I also think of Roy's VF-1S when I think of Macross, but the fighter mode on the 1/60 YF-21 is absolutely beautiful. that's what made that one win over the VF-1S for me.

I'll take a 1/60 VF-5000 any day of the week, ;) .

Seriously though, If I had to choose from current Yamato releases I'd go with the 1/60 VF-1J. It's the perfect size, stays in scale with most other Yamato valks, has many improvements over past VF-1 toys, and it's the most iconic VF out of all the SDF valks for me.

edit; yeah I forgot, make it a GBP if possible B)) .

Yeah, this poll only concerns Yamato's current and known upcoming releases. Not any fantasy VF-4's, VF-5000's, or anything else. :p

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

VF-1A CANNON FODDER babe, It's still my favorit after all these years. FP just for something extra. Very close second is Roy FP, Gatta love Roy. And always in fighter.... Except when in Gerwalk :D

Probably a 1/48 VT-1 or VF-1D kitted up (NMB4M) assuming it will have working tail fins (hinty! :p)

AND double jointed elbows (and knees?) if it was for the VF-1D 1/48 kitted. :(

okokok i voted 1/60 scale v.2 VT-1.

Good thread!

(trivia - i started out with the VT-1 1/60 v.1 as my first Yamato then 1/48 Hikky 1S, but VT-1 gets the nod for all round sexy)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well, I've owned a 1/48, a VF-0S first and second edition, and a YF-19. And I have to say that overall, the 1/48 is the best I've had so far.

It appears that it's still Yamato's best effort to date, though I haven't got the YF-21 in my hands yet. And I've never owned a SV-51 either.

-Kyp

Yea I voted for the 1/60 v2 VT-1. This was always the toy I wanted to geet from way back when before Yamato made their VF-1's I wanted the Bandai version so much but it was soooo expensive (especially for a high school kid lol). I passed on the 1/60 version1 but I can't waaait for the version 2 to come out. I will finally have my dream valk! :D

I went with the YF-21 for this. It was a tough call for me because I also think of Roy's VF-1S when I think of Macross, but the fighter mode on the 1/60 YF-21 is absolutely beautiful. that's what made that one win over the VF-1S for me.

Same here. I think a lot of it has to do with the macross plus anime though. Recently watching it, it made me like it even more than the vf-1 which is my fave valk in terms of look, simplicity and practical use (looks to have nice set of upgrades and is the workhorse of space war I). Basically it's the first valk and gets the most recognition and the simplicity of the transformation is part of the appeal. (it seems like each step to get from on mode to another is natural)

The 21 though, just has a nice smooth look to it. It's not angular like the vf-17, but it looks like it would be more agile (the power is from its speed and efficiency not from bulk of its form or mass - lots of power in small space) and precise.

I would have chosen vf-11 if this was only about fighter mode, but the 11 doesn't have that powerful look. It's light, unlike the vf-17, but it doesn't suggest good speed. (ie flat squarish surfaces in robot mode for example)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yea I voted for the 1/60 v2 VT-1. This was always the toy I wanted to geet from way back when before Yamato made their VF-1's I wanted the Bandai version so much but it was soooo expensive (especially for a high school kid lol). I passed on the 1/60 version1 but I can't waaait for the version 2 to come out. I will finally have my dream valk! :D

Yeah bro! :D :D :D version 1 was still sexy though. You had more will power than me! :)

Mind you, this is before i saw what the 1/48's were like...