Well you can add my VF-0A to the list of.......

DyNo

Cracked shoulders!!!!

gallery_2356_64_2131320.jpg

I was doing a little bit of dusting off in the display cabinet when I happened to notice the arm on the 0A just kinda hanging there.. :angry:

Guess I'll have to make up some recasts shoulders too.

Err maybe in the future when yamato gets to reissuing all the vf-0 stuff. (if it ever happens)

With megazone toys, you can just get a replacement. I'm thinking someone here who is japanese who might be able to buy it off you cheap, buys it.

They can then complain to yamato that the shoulders have cracked, and then yamato must honour the repair of defective products to a customer who is from japan.

Currently they wouldn't be able to offer free replacement parts to people outside japan due to the HG legal mess. (that would mean yamato admits that it is dealing directly with people outside japan and they don't want to do that. Which is why we are all scared to buy first release yamato macross toys :D No support is possible from them for defective toys for all of us international import toy buyers)

But all the non-macross yamato items seem to allow you to claim free replacment pieces for defective toys. (the shoulder fix for the garland for example) So I'm going to assume that the japanese customers in japan can also claim free *replacements when their stuff breaks. What you could do is see if anyone here who lives in japan wants to buy it off you, they then get a cheap vf-0 and can ask for the replacement. Anyone tried that trick?

You then hold on to your money and buy a run of vf-0 that has the fixes, that may appear in future. (now that yamato has better QC and has solved the problem)

*by replacements I mean parts that are the new permanently-fixed pieces, not just being given another flawed part with the same design/materials flaws as the original early release. ie The new parts you get sent solve the old problem for good and for free since it is their fault.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Is this the VF-0A cannon fodder? Might help to let everyone know. If it is well you've been warned about this release.

My Shin/Ghost combo is fine also. How about people that have Shin/Ghost combos come in here an state if theirs is

cracked or not. I'm sick of defending the Shin/ghost combo, mines perfect.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

cracked or not. I'm sick of defending the Shin/ghost combo, mines perfect.

No one is forcing you to defend it.

People are free to believe what they want no matter how ill informed or ignorant it is. Seeing as how I'm almost 100% sure this is a cannon fodder without it even needing to be addressed, this "defending" of the Shin release isn't even necessary.

I suggest you hit up the B/S/T. NMB4M's successor is selling shoulder recasts if that's the only problem.

Edited by MasterOfPuppets

I don't see why anyone is "defending" this anyways. Even Yamato owned up to the fact that they screwed up. end of story.

And we did have a poll here regarding the vf-0a shin /ghost combo and we had a sizable amount of people reporting problems from stress marks all the way to cracks:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...=23375&st=0 <-- nearly 30% of respondants reported some problem with the shoulders.

When we pressed Graham on it, he TOLD US that yamato said they were only able to fix around 1/2 of the inventory before they shipped.

So that's great if your's is fine but when the manufacturer is saying that there is a problem (or at least a potential problem in regards to the Shin type) arguing that there is no problem is just silly, imo.

Edited by eugimon

LMAO I KNEW somebody would bring this thing up again sooner or later... IMO its not that big of a deal... the shoulder peice covers it up pretty good anyway and as long as the arm isn't completely loose or falls off because of it I dont see what the big fuss is about... It can be an eyesore though, I just hope the shin/ ghost booster combo I bought doesn't have the same crack... it'll be irritating but I wont go crazy over it.

I don't see why anyone is "defending" this anyways. Even Yamato owned up to the fact that they screwed up. end of story.

And we did have a poll here regarding the vf-0a shin /ghost combo and we had a sizable amount of people reporting problems from stress marks all the way to cracks:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...=23375&st=0 <-- nearly 30% of respondants reported some problem with the shoulders.

When we pressed Graham on it, he TOLD US that yamato said they were only able to fix around 1/2 of the inventory before they shipped.

So that's great if your's is fine but when the manufacturer is saying that there is a problem (or at least a potential problem in regards to the Shin type) arguing that there is no problem is just silly, imo.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that 30% with problems based on a poll of 35 votes isn't conclusive of anything at all. When it comes to polls, the ones with problems will speak out. The ones that have everything going right will remain silent and happy. That's just that way it usually is.

That isn't to say that the Shin release is problem free. I just wouldn't take a poll of such insignificance as any sort of evidence.

Edited by MasterOfPuppets

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that 30% with problems based on a poll of 35 votes isn't conclusive of anything at all. When it comes to polls, the ones with problems will speak out. The ones that have everything going right will remain silent and happy. That's just that way it usually is.

That isn't to say that the Shin release is problem free. I just wouldn't take a poll of such insignificance as any sort of evidence.

Fine, ignore the poll.. YAMATO said they messed up. Seriously, what more do you people want? Yamato, the manufacturer, admitted that they made a crap call on the materials. end of story.

And transfan... Maybe you should trying actually learning about the situation before laughing at people. Follow your own advice, if you don't know about something, stop talking about it as if you have any clue.

Fine, ignore the poll.. YAMATO said they messed up. Seriously, what more do you people want? Yamato, the manufacturer, admitted that they made a crap call on the materials. end of story.

Dude relax. I'm going to quote myself here which addressed that...

"That isn't to say that the Shin release is problem free. I just wouldn't take a poll of such insignificance as any sort of evidence."

Instead of going bat-poo crazy you could learn something from other people's words. Instead of trying to cite a poll of 35 votes as something conclusive you should probably think a little about it first. And if Yamato said that the materials they used were crap then why didn't you cite this instead? I'm sure a lot of members would be more inclined to believe it if you did.

The problem is noobs are asking the same thing again and again and it's opening up old wounds. (use the newbie thread)

I'm pissed because it was said the Shin was supposed to be fixed b4 release and then we find it's only halfed fixed.

And most of the time now people just say altogether the VF-0S, CF-0A and Shin-0A are flawed.

That and the fact that they charge us to get replacements.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

My shin kudo VF-0A came in earlier today and the shoulder is fine I checked it and there are no cracks... I guess I was lucky but I did get the ghost booster set version so that might be why nothings wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

*Boost*

So which VF-0 releases are the ones you can trust 100%?

VF-0S Roy with Ghost booster combo?

And what chance is there that Yamato is going to do the Reactive Armor?

Well, Graham? Well, Yamato infiltration team on the inside? Well Psi-ninjas with remote viewing abilities? Whatcha got for us? Next year maybe?

But which releases are the fixed ones? Because I haven't been following this very closely amidst all the excitement of the new macross plus toys. It's not like with the Garland thing where the different paint colour (brown or silver) makes it easy for us to know which are the safe ones. That's easy to tell.

-shin ghost combo = 50/50 chance of being bad. If you get a bad one and not a japanese customer, you have to get a recast or pay HLJ for new fixed parts?

-Roy VF-0s with ghost combo = the last nacross zero toy including fixes? (or is that just speculation, not yamato saying it?)

Ahh but to recreate the training battles where Roy is going up against Shin would be so awesome. They are 50/50, either one i will be happy.

I really want Roy-0S but not wanting to pay out a full Ghost pack Roy, and no one wants to risk a singlular ROy release.. thanks alot Yamato.

They should seal their future Roy/Shin 0S/0A releases and i MEAN SEALED to keep the faith with their die hard fans/customers.

I wouldn't trust buying off ebay, so easy for sellers to swap the Roy over from a ghost combo to single release.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

and no one wants to risk a singlular ROy release.. thanks alot Yamato.

I want to buy a fixed Roy VF-0S next. But only if the new QC yamato guy was the guy behind checking that release. :D

If yamato make a Reactive Armor Roy combo, then everyone can get roy with his reactive armor (hopefully in a small box) cheap right?

So you can avoid all the risk of getting a non-fixed roy due to not being able to tell the difference from the box.

If Roy is packaged with his reactive armor, it will be as easy to tell fixed releases from older-more-riskier releases by the box.

If in future you want to buy Shin with reactive armor combo (I mean he doesn't even use it, but having something like that together might boost buying confidence since the new box makes it easier to know if it's a safe purchase - this is for those of you who were yet-to-buy shin as of now due to being too scared, but at the same time wanted a reactive armor to put on your roy 0S. Being together with the reactive armor in the same box is just a matter of convenience to you, not that you care if shin ever wore the armor or not in the anime. :D) you can get a:

-safe shin (just buy the ghost drone seperately to get 100% risk-free/defective-free toy) Because currently shin is only 50/50 right?

-reactive armor (which you were going to buy anyway so may as well have it packaged with "safe shin" even though its for roy.

They can then sell all the old risky old vf-0 toys at discount price for those who don't mind getting the recast parts and who want an army of VF-0 or just to custom theirs which they wouldn't want to do on a flawless release toy. ie the logic being that yamato can cut their losses now and get all the old stuff (with defects) out of there (which frightens people because it's hard to tell which is which just by looking at the box) and start bringing new stuff in now as quick as possible to make the most of the license. New stuff being reactive armor with VF-0A/VF-0S combos. (giving noobs an easier chance to get a flawless valk because the new box itself indicates it as later release)

I wouldn't care about the big or not box, atleast we know it will be an up-to-date Roy0S with fixes, the old QC guy sucked hard, and he's history thank god.

I'm happy with my SHin 0A Ghost, i think it's fixed, as any of the Roy Ghost combos are.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

But what I'm saying is this:

If you don't have:

-shin (because he's only 50% chance of not being defective which is why you avoided it till now as form of protest)

-don't have roy (because you don't want to be forced to buy ghost with it - need money for other valks :p)

..then if yamato made the next release a Roy + reactive armor combo, or a shin with reactive armor combo

..then noobs who don't want to A) spend money on ghost B) don't want to buy a shin valk which MIGHT be flawed,

...can avoid wasting money or taking a risk. Since they were going to buy a reactive armor at some point anyway, (you can't say it's a "waste of money" since reactive armor is a new thing) and wanted a way to get non-risky shin. (which up till this point there is no truly risk-free release yet)

Yamato should start release reactive armor combos as a test to see if noob buyers who avoided buying the vf-0 valks out of fear, will gladly spend money now that they have the peace of mind of knowing the valk in the package is a later "hassle-free" one.

With the Megazone 23 Garlands it was much easier to tell because of the paint. You could just say that "Red Garland was older", "brown was newer", and "silver was newest". Problem with macross zero toys, is this fuzzy "it might be ok and it might not be ok" line where you can't be *certain if you want a shin valk or roy (without ghost) valk, due to the risk. (roy makes you have to pay more due to the ghost, shin is has a chance to be faulty making you have to buy extra parts if you are unlucky)

*for example if you want to buy a fixed Ivanov release, and were a noob who doesn't hang around these boards regularly, how the hell would you know if it is the older or newer one? Similar problem with shin.

Edit:

My Solution to this mess: reactive armor releases with fixed valk bundled with them to remove the buyer's doubt and confusion over which are the safe ones to get. You see it might actually boost sales of the reactive armor if people are drawn to the idea that the valk inside the box is the latest and most risk-free edition of the toy that they've feared to buy due to crappy QC in the past. The new box indicates easily that "it is ok for international import buyers to get this release, leave the risky-release ones to the japanese buyers who get free replacements which costs nothing to them."

A) japanese customers can get a cheaper discounted valk for customs or mods, and not worry about lack of support.

B) international buyers (who were going to buy a reactive armor at some point anyway) can buy now now now, because it's officially very easy to tell the valk is a later edition coming from yamato just by the different look of the box itself.

All they need to do is release a reactive armor though, so that's why I was wondering if they were going to make one. (since they are so damn secretive all the time) If we know they are, maybe we can all save ourselves the risk of paying for stuff that might be too risky for us since we are not buyers from japan, and can't afford to take risks as the japanese customers because of the shipping overseas costs, and the legal issues with HG which make it impossible for yamato to offer free replacement parts like they've done with other toys like megazone 23. If they can stop being secretive for macross zero toys and just say: "No there is not going to be any plans for a Reactive Armor".. then at least I can make my purchasing decisions now and just eat the risk. But if they hint a possibility of one appearing, I can hold onto my money and wait for the japanese guys to buy up all the older releases before yamato finally unveils the new stuff.

We just need some indication of what yamato intends to do in the future with Mac Zero toys so that we can all make better buying decisions and plan our savings for these things a bit better. I'm still interested in VF-0D and all that, but I still wonder whether the noobs who have heard about the problems with macross Zero toys, have just decided they don't want to risk buying anything until they can determine which releases are the least-risky to them.

Because so many times people ask the same question about which are the late editions, because they might be basing their purchase on QC and whether it will be a hassle to buy recast parts or have to open the toy. If they know they can get a risk free roy by itself, or through some Reactive Armor combo, or buy a shin with 100% chance of being fault-free then they might all start wanting to spend their money now or put a preorder for reactive armor because they know the new QC guy is involved :D.

Im kinda surprised we havent seen the 0S with reactive armour eyt actually. Seems an easy sell...

You aint ever lying! I thought about commissioning a kit just to have this as part of my collection. Sure hope it is released in the 1/60 M-Zero stuff!

<_<

OO

• 1 month later...