Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

The Macross ship at the end is 99% SDF-1.

Reason for that:

The original Macross that crashed onto the island had no arms, just the "shoulder" portion on the side the ship with two guns on each shoulder. The arms, which attached to these shoulders, were added after attaching the Daedalus and Prometheus because of the space fold accident that took them to Pluto.

Other Macross-like battle fortress would not have any arms, since it was a human addition.

So yea WTF, it is like finding a Spanish galleon stranded half a galaxy away. :blink:

Anyone who had played Macross VO will surely know that there are several SDF class ship, o I wonder whether they trying to make this canon. If the SDF in Galia 4 is indeed the original Macross it sure one hell of a plot twist. I just hope SK didn't plan to butcher the entire Macross Universe history by this retcon.

Reason for that:

The original Macross that crashed onto the island had no arms, just the "shoulder" portion on the side the ship with two guns on each shoulder. The arms, which attached to these shoulders, were added after attaching the Daedalus and Prometheus because of the space fold accident that took them to Pluto.

Other Macross-like battle fortress would not have any arms, since it was a human addition.

So yea WTF, it is like finding a Spanish galleon stranded half a galaxy away. :blink:

Err... did you watch DYRL?

Highly unlikely. Unless if we're dealing with alternative universes. Unlikely in that the SDF-1 was last seen parked on Earth in Macross city (Macross Plus).

Of course, it could be a lead into an explanation of why the UNS changed to the NUNS (one explanation of why the SDF-1 isn't where we last parked it.) The other option is something that I believe Kresphy posted way back before the Deculture version of episode 1 aired - a time/space something or other occured, causing a fault in space. Reality was split, and combined some time before the start of MF, thus depositing the SDF-1 where we see it? (Perhaps even explaining those fold disruptions in the process? Wish, wish.)

I disagree... This isn't ORGUSS...

Btw... Excellent episode!!!! I loved how they mixed elements from DYRL (Commanders & Heavy Armor looks) and the original SDF Macross (Light Armors).

The SDF-1 at the end was WTF

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Actually, when Alto ejects his armor it forms a neat little holder for the Fold Booster. I'm pretty sure he was going to go back and re-use it.

It definately seems like the new packs can either be left for scrap or can be reused because normaly the parts kinda scatter everywhere.

Besides, there's no indication that the SA version of the gunboat transformed, right? It may not be the SDF-1, but it certainly has to be an Earth ship. If it is the Macross... I'm actually heartbroken to see it in such a state.

Reason for that:

But how would it get there and why when there are clearly superior ships would they use an out of date model. Remember in Mac Plus though they say that the Macross isn't meant for flight anymore. This is definately a mystery I wants solved asap.

It's almost 12 hours since epi.12 airs, so I think we could lift the spoiler tag right Azrael? :rolleyes:

For you no. In fact, everything you post must now be in spoiler tags. Just you and only you. :lol:

Anyways, spoiler ban is over. If you haven't watched it by now and don't wish to be spoiled, please dispose of your trash at the appropriate bins around the room and exit the room.

My comments:

-I think the Zentradi should box the Quamzin/Temzin line. They seem to cause nothin' but trouble.

-This 33rd Battalion seems to have command issues.

-Well, at least Michael never has to worry about lunch. He's got more than enough for the next 2 weeks...

-Ranka's entrance to the battlefield and the Zentradi reaction reminded me too much of Fleet of the Strongest Women. :lol:

- Alto... you better respect that girl now. She got your ass out of a tight spot. And I saw that glance you made at her in the cockpit, too.

-As I said, the ball is on Ranka's side. It's gonna go to Sheryl, then back to Ranka, then back to Sheryl, etc. The writers won't be doing their job if they did keep you people guessing.

-Really, I'm not sure it was a bright idea for SMS to hire Alto...1st VF, he trashed it. #2, he trashed it AND it was destroyed. Now this one takes a crash landing. He's a insurance liability.

Finally...as I said previously, I'll leave the appearance of SDF-1 to next week. That came outta nowhere so I don't even know how to respond to that.

The Zentredi really need to take some marksmanship courses!

Also, while I know music is part of Macross lore, I was really hoping to see Michael go in swinging....... Or at least use some sort of fairing on the speakers... Those things are aerodynamically offensive! :p

~Luke

something about the fold booster that Michael used tha caught my eye...

...michel's VF-25...

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/356/sna...27091447af5.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2070/sn...27084342qb1.jpg

...VF-27...

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/Macr...0Large%2028.jpg

note the difference? there is none

Well they are both produced for potential use of NUN. What is more interesting is if you compare it to the first appearance of the VF-27 it looks like it has one of the older models. Maybe the Frontier is more advanced with fold tech?

Also, while I know music is part of Macross lore, I was really hoping to see Michael go in swinging....... Or at least use some sort of fairing on the speakers... Those things are aerodynamically offensive! :p

This is what you get for cutting the budget and using StormTrooper Marksman, Ltd. as your trainers.

~Luke

seriously. How do you not hit something the size of an office building with a rifle?

For you no. In fact, everything you post must now be in spoiler tags. Just you and only you. :lol:

Finally...as I said previously, I'll leave the appearance of SDF-1 to next week. That came outta nowhere so I don't even know how to respond to that.

Darn....the mod have spoken...I'm doomed forever in this darkness. lol

I think LAI will make Alto their chief mascot for increasing their VF-25 sales ^^.

I just realized that the Zentran battleship have several cannon line up for broadside bombardment, interesting.

~Luke

Well, at least this confirmed that VF-25 can carry under wing ordinance like speake pods and missiles. I was hoping Michael Valk to dance along with Ranka singing, he's good at those kind of valk movement (refer to epi.9)

:lol:

OK SPECULATION TIME!! :)

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4604/sn...27080719vj2.jpg

this thing looks like a fully-grown version of the green squirrel pet of Ranka. and probably came from those eggs we've seen.

look at the bottom - seems like purple crystals? :)

so those crystals are sourced from these monsters huh?

I don't know what i'm looking at in that pic.

and Sheryl's illness could really be due to her panty coming into contact with the little green thief. although we know (from President Glass' broadcast) that humans are not affected by the v-type virus, Sheryl might be a rare case perhaps due to her genes (her blood type is special...)

:lol::lol::lol:

On another note, some were wondering why the VF-27 needed fold booster to get to Galia 4. Maybe the internal booster on the VF-27 aren't advanced enough to fold through those fold faults like the new fold booster can.

Probably cause the VF-27 was "piggybacking" on a cap ship's (Quarter or some other carrier) fold-shell that time, along with the other NUNs/SMS fighters. So it DOESN'T have a fold booster.

I am of the opinion that it IS the SDF-1. There were no more Macross ships of the same type after Space War I and it wouldn't make sense to make the exact same copy of ASS-1 after the Zents joined the humans.

BTW is the Supervision Army still around?

Edited by wolfx

Seriously though, you don't need the spoiler tags anymore.

:lol: just playing along.

So the episode title "fastest delivery" referring to Michael delivering Ranka to Galia 4 in record time? :huh:

-Ranka's entrance to the battlefield and the Zentradi reaction reminded me too much of Fleet of the Strongest Women. :lol:

-Really, I'm not sure it was a bright idea for SMS to hire Alto...1st VF, he trashed it. #2, he trashed it AND it was destroyed. Now this one takes a crash landing. He's a insurance liability.

As much of an homage to the original it was, I could not stop thinking Fleet of the Strongest women the whole way through. That was such a perfect Ranka introduction.

And, I think Alto gets his VF-25 up and running next week according to the previews, so I don't think it's #3 down just yet... I really do hope SMS has got good gap coverage regardless :unsure:

As much of an homage to the original it was, I could not stop thinking Fleet of the Strongest women the whole way through. That was such a perfect Ranka introduction.

Notice another homage to Macross Plus when Alto VF-25 zoomed out the screen and take a sudden climb. The scene where Alto and Ranka flying in clouds is perfect only if Ranka is singing Minmay's Sunset Beach.

W T F

Mindbending ending, eh......

I can hear the writers now as they said "Lets take everything that the fans think they know and throw it out the window".

Loved the ending though, brilliant.

Taksraven

Anybody elses jaw hit the floor at the end of the episode?????

Taksraven

Nope, the floor brick hit my jaw instead when Ranka start singing, I know I shouldn't use Mayan island rock as my floor decoration. :blink:

Can someone make me an animated avatar of Ranka dancing in this episode? ^_^