Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

Yeah... for some reason, it just doesn't seem to be a (good) Macross series without the SDF-1 appearing at least once. (Special exception for Macross II, because they did the silly thing of blowing the SDF-1 up real good. That's like shooting the dog in a dog movie!)

I'm guessing the "monument" disappeared sometime between 7 and Frontier or was kidnapped by rogue Zents or it suddenly came alive again and folded out of earth.....i think its the real deal.

That would be my thinking

either the ship was stolen/liberated-- can't recall was she ever rebuilt back to fold/space travel capable or not after landing on Earth? Or did something "wake" the Macross and sending it shooting across the Galaxy to this planet.

Third theory, don't it has any probablity of likelyhood, but

could this simply be a ship built to look like the Macross? Maybe a class sister built by humans.

VF-25 cockpit can be configured to dual seater? Interesting.

For this episode Ranka 1 - Sheryl 0. Go go Ranka

WTF...SDF-1 Macross ruins?????

Seems like we WILL get an answer to the question "Why the NEW UN Spacy?" in ep 13...

Perhaps the events of VF-X2 will become canonized in this series (makes one wonder if a re-release of the updated game is intended for the PS3?).

Or did something "wake" the Macross and sending it shooting across the Galaxy to this planet.

The ship being sentient is a Robotech concoction. The ASS-1 was abandoned on Earth by the Supervision Army when they retreated from the sector as a booby trap - like a grenade tied to a tripwire in a doorway. Basically it was programmed to shoot at any Zentraedi ships that came into range so as to distract them while the rest of the Supervision Army forces successfully made their retreat.

The ship being sentient is a Robotech concoction. The ASS-1 was abandoned on Earth by the Supervision Army when they retreated from the sector as a booby trap - like a grenade tied to a tripwire in a doorway. Basically it was programmed to shoot at any Zentraedi ships that came into range so as to distract them while the rest of the Supervision Army forces successfully made their retreat.

Actually I was thinking of Macross II, not Robotech, with the ship "waking up" when the Marduk fleet dropped into the Earth System and firing off the main-cannon. . I don't actually recall Robotech implying that the ship was a sentient though, though it's been years since I've had anything to do with any Robotechish takes on Macross, so my memory is probably rusty on the finer details.

Ahh... ok. Nevertheless, it was still parked on Earth, shooting at Zentraedi-lookalike ships that came too close. (Not that I'm trying to defend Macross II or anything... it's definitely not canon to Macross F afterall.)

Its KAwamori we're talking about. I won't be surprised if he said

"Actually the ASS-1 was the Protoculture's Trump card in protecting the galaxy against the VAJRA. It will awaken to reveal itself as a "Birdman" and liberate the universe".

I'm guessing the "monument" disappeared sometime between 7 and Frontier or was kidnapped by rogue Zents or it suddenly came alive again and folded out of earth.....i think its the real deal.

Or there is a possibility that all Megaroad fleets post Megaroad 1 were accompanied by SDF battleships...

Only a few years into that mission the fleet disappeared and then the next time we see an emigration fleet it has an integrated Macross carrier attached...

It could be a red herring to keep viewers tuning in for the next episode, particularly if the next episode has critical plot developments for the series...

Its KAwamori we're talking about. I won't be surprised if he said

"Actually the ASS-1 was the Protoculture's Trump card in protecting the galaxy against the VAJRA. It will awaken to reveal itself as a "Birdman" and liberate the universe".

Then I'd have to pat him on the head and say, "Thank you for that George, now please sit down"... <_<

Edited by Zinjo

Or there is a possibility that all Megaroad fleets post Megaroad 1 were accompanied by SDF battleships...

Only a few years into that mission the fleet disappeared and then the next time we see an emigration fleet it has an integrated Macross carrier attached...

It could be a red herring to keep viewers tuning in for the next episode, particularly if the next episode has critical plot developments for the series...

I would say that this [Zinjo's theory] is the most likely theory:

All the early Megaroad fleets had Macross Class Battlecarriers attached them for defense. I certainly can't see how they're going to explain away a Macross Class ruins on an alien world otherwise.

Unless....nah wouldn't work...well it could but they'd really being stretching some things.

The ship is actually the ruins of a protoculture/supervision army warship that was unearthed on the planet. And just happens to look like the Macross. Heck, for all we know this ship could have be one of the first/first to exposed to / infected by the Vajra

The Frontier fleet was in the neighborhood of on ancient battlefield not to many episodes ago, they might still be in the general interstellar area.

Edited by ShadowValkyrie

It looks like Grace tipped off the one eyed guy to the fact that Alto was planning a prison break. Kinda sucks for Sheryl fans that she took such a big hit in this episode, but the fact that she was struggling to go on in order to fulfill her promise of letting Alto fly in an endless sky does make the sting bearable. Oh yeah, the title of the next episode is not Twilight Planet, but Memory of Global

What the frak?

I really hope that we saw at the end is actualyl a transformed Megaroad class ship and not the SDF-1 Macross. Because it makes me question now what is the condition of Earth if the HQ of the old UN Government ended up in some back water world, and if it is indeed the Macross. Probably Alto and Ranka are the first ones to find it since, being such an important thing for the humans in Macross i would have thought they would have tried to take it back to its parking place.

What the frak?

I really hope that we saw at the end is actualyl a transformed Megaroad class ship and not the SDF-1 Macross.

Megaroads don't transform, and they looked nothing like the original SDF-1.

It seems those Zentradi ears come into play again;

not only to they protect against the void of space but massive sound energy and pressure as well - considering she didn't need any ear protection when Michel boosts those speakers to more than 3.2 x 100dB!

Man even the Zentradi have newly designed logo. Interesting to see classic TV zentradi body armor along side DYRL? ones. They weren't exact copies. I thought with Macross 7 the Dyrl? designs won out. Those Zentradi piloting women's battle suits. What an insult. That is like Hikaru having to ride a pink bicycle with tassels.

The SDF-1 Macross there what??????

Tthe more Macross Frontier watch I more I'm convinced it is an Alternative universe or it's just big retcon.

Maybe it's the general tone of this particular series but

when the Zentradi opened fire on each other, I was kind of expecting a blood bath. Now I'm not for gratuitous violence but I thought I would at least see one or two fall to enemy fire. It looked like they had the shooting accuracy of Stormtroopers. If this was SDFM, DYRL or maybe even Zero I'm pretty sure the body count would've been in the double digits when all was said and done. Times sure have changed...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Temjin88

Gotta say seeing the SDF-1 Macross in a different place from where it's been for the last 30 years of Macross history is a surprise. Definitely VERY curious to learn why and when it found this new, somewhat undignified resting place

:)

Wow, I just realized how flat Ranka is. When she was standing next to Alto in the end in her suit, I couldn't really tell the difference in size between their chests.

But! When they played the "Do you remember love" song after

they found the Macross ruins was magical.

I managed to sneak in the raw @ work...

Sound boosters for the f'ing WIN ZOMGWTFBBQ FedEx Next Day Air overnight by 10AM RANKA ATTACK!!!

It's always a blast to watch Zentradi swoon, too.

And, oh yeah... That was way too Planet of the Apes at the end... Last we saw of the SDF-1 Macross on Earth was Plus though I think... is there even an Earth anymore and that's why there is a New UN Spacy? Could that maybe possibly be part of the Megaroad 1 fleet? How the hell did the Macross fly again? Why can't I stop reading spoilers for upcoming episodes?! So many questions...

The Horrible Raw is actually pretty awesome if just for the commercials.

The liner notes in the NyanFuro CD...though i think we should just take it with a pinch of salt. ^_^

That's not what it said according to the translation on this board.... It's the theme of a drama about Space War 1.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=611676

That.... really doesn't make any sense. :blink: But oh well.

Don't worry about it, see above link.

You do know that sound does have energy in the real world, and that there are real applications of sound energy. Here, have a layman's resource from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_energy_flux . ;)

:lol: Yes, I understand but it seems some people seem to think that there's sound MAGIC in Macross and there isn't. It's just an affect on a species that hasn't heard music before. ;)