Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

Dammit!

[/img]

kresphy that is some funny ish.

couple things i wanted to clarify:

You know, the Macross showing up here totally covers over the fact that this episode is pretty convoluted. I've watched it a few times now, and I still have no clue WTF was going on with those Zentradi.

as described by klan, the 33rd marine division is made up of pro-culture and anti-culture zentradi that are always at conflict with each other. the anti-culture faction makes the following demand to the leadership "if this culture thing is so good bring us a singer and we'll see if she can change our minds." this was just so they could get a VIP hostage and continue the fight. of course, ranka ends up flying in to save the day and winning over everyone but tenjin, or whatever his name was.

Chihiro subs 8:35

Wilder: "but this would be too beneficial for the enemies... just like..."

Cathy: "Just like?"

Wilder: "nevermind"

I wonder what Wilder's referring to...

wilder can also be translated to say "this is almost going too good (for the enemies, bad for us)...." or "everything strangely fits too well.." thus, this dialogue can be translated like this:

Wilder: "But everything strangely fits too well. It's almost as if...." (looks at Cathy)

Cathy: "As if?"

Wilder: "Nevermind."

my speculation: Wilder is saying it's almost as if someone planned it out to be this way. however, he looks at cathy and being suspicious of NUNS' current actions, decides to keep it to himself.

finally, not to rain on the speculation party going on here about the sdf-1, but the preview for 13 can be translated as "1st generation macross." because of the ambiguous nature of the japanese language, this could mean "the 1st macross," or "a 1st generation macross class ship." who knows, maybe it's been retconned into the timeline that more than one macross was built. so maybe it isn't the original sdf-1 at all. however, that wouldn't explain the title "memory of global."

wilder can also be translated to say "this is almost going too good (for the enemies, bad for us)...." or "everything strangely fits too well.." thus, this dialogue can be translated like this:

Wilder: "But everything strangely fits too well. It's almost as if...." (looks at Cathy)

Cathy: "As if?"

Wilder: "Nevermind."

Appreciate the clarification. That makes alot more sense.

finally, not to rain on the speculation party going on here about the sdf-1, but the preview for 13 can be translated as "1st generation macross." because of the ambiguous nature of the japanese language, this could mean "the 1st macross," or "a 1st generation macross class ship." who knows, maybe it's been retconned into the timeline that more than one macross was built. so maybe it isn't the original sdf-1 at all. however, that wouldn't explain the title "memory of global."

Unless they happened upon any more Supervision Army ships, I just don't see how they built another Macross that was identical, being that it was a complete retrofit. Regardless, I'm with azrael on just waiting for next week.

In the meantime... RANKA ATTAC K!!!!11

Edited by stray

you know, the scene were the Zentradi start to shoot at each other reminded me of the movie The Naked Gun, where the guys are like 2 feet away shooting at each other not hitting anything and when they run out of bullets they throw their guns at each other, hahaha

Anyone wondering what Grace is up to in all this?

She clearly tipped off the anti-culture faction about Alto escaping and making a run for his VF-25. Using the special fold booster was Luca's last minute idea, so Ranka showing up to save the day probably wasn't in her plans.

So, in that case, what did she want to happen? Considering the other faction was about to let loose with the big battleship guns when Ranka shows up to save the day...

With regards to Global, I'm sure he must have passed on by now. I don't think he'll actually be making a cameo in person. It could mean a lot of things, though...

(Final thought: Maybe the rebels were just angry about having nothing but those six-colored carrots to eat. ;))

So what if this is the real Macross, and the one they have on earth is the sister ship?

so, crazy fanboy talk... what if a distraught global takes the SDF-1 out on a search for the missing Megaroad? When it goes missing as well, the UN SPACEY makes a replacement and has it come back, fearful of the negative PR of not only losing the megaroad but the Macross as well?

So what if this is the real Macross, and the one they have on earth is the sister ship?

Who said there is still one on Earth? And it certainly looks as if it was brought back to active duty as a warship in the next episode preview.

Who said there is still one on Earth? And it certainly looks as if it was brought back to active duty as a warship in the next episode preview.

I agree. I think it was brought to this planet for some reason, either in war or for something else. We shall see. :)

ZOMG!!!!! Look, I'm agreeing and speculating with/like Duke!!! :lol:

I just have a hard time imagining things getting so bad they need to field the Macross... and against who exactly? Against the seperatist colonies talked about in Mac Plus?

I just have a hard time imagining things getting so bad they need to field the Macross... and against who exactly? Against the seperatist colonies talked about in Mac Plus?

MORALE BOOSTER... :lol:

The Macross is/was the biggest symbol of the UNS in existence, The ship that helped save the human race. using it would be a huge morale booster. I mean, think about it. Reactivating the SDF-1 for a fight, would be almost akin to a countries Prime minister/president/other high office holder, going to the battlefield and personally punching the enemy in the face every time it won a battle.

Or there's the whole.. Along with the 1st Galactic idol, the ship united Zentradi and Humanity. What better Propaganda tool to use to reunite fractured human ties

I was thinking, maybe this is some copy of the Macross that was created somehow and ended up on Gallia 4, so the original may still be on Earth. I am suggesting here it isn't a copy humans made but just somehow happened (as in something yet to be explained or understood). It's a possibility anyway. However I am kind of liking the twist idea that it is the Earth's Macross that randomly ended up there.

Yeah!!!! Great episode; very Macrossy!!! I liked the Zentradi caricutures of Breetai, Exedol, & especially Kamjin(they need to bring him back to make Alto's life hell). Ranka's finally becoming Lynn Minmay & the Macross cameo was a surprise. This might answer why the Macross on Earth looks like the DYRL version and not the SDF one(the one it's supposed to look like).

That is where I am at. It seems a bit odd that in Mac 7 there is a Macross carrier attached to the fleet but nothing like it previously. After the loss of the Megaroad it would be practical to continue building Megalord class ships to accompany the Megaroad colony ships as an extra form of protection.

The Macross did have a sister ship called the SDF-2 Megalord on the moon. It was destroyed before the initial Zentreadi attack, but it did exist.

I am of the opinion that the ship shown on the planet is a Megalord class ship, slightly larger than the Macross and the sillouettes of both ships would look identical from a distance.

So by deduction if my theory is correct, the Megaroad 4 that discovered Eden would have had a Megalord 4 to accompany it's fleet. The ultimate evolution of the concept would be to attach it directly to the civilian ship for greater protection.

Edited by Zinjo

The Macross did have a sister ship called the SDF-2 Megalord on the moon. It was destroyed before the initial Zentreadi attack, but it did exist.

Er, no. Construction was halted during the Space War I, and it resumed in 2010, when the half completed vessel was redesigned into the Megaroad-01.

Maybe the planet actually IS Earth since it looks like Earth, has a moon like earth, and the SDF-1 is there.

Follow the progress of the Frontier fleet from earth in episode 1 or 2 and it's obvious this isn't Earth.

Hmmm... true.

Just so long as Alto doesn't start hunting lizards on all fours and Michael starts doing a soccer kick with his VF-25.

Michael would be Sirius!

i'm gonna join in on the speculation party with my own wild and crazy theory:

what if they designed a whole class of 1st gen macross class ships based off of the original sdf-1. and what if one of the 1st gen macross class ships accompanied the megaroad 1 fleet. and what if a retired global decided to join the megaroad fleet. maybe it's possible the megaroad 1 fleet approached gallia 4, got attacked by the vajra queen, and lost contact with earth. in the attack, admiral misa lost her life, resulting in a valiant global coming out of retirement to lead the macross class ship on one last death charge against the vajra queen. so perhaps in the next episode we are gonna finally find out what happened to hikaru, misa, minmay and the megaroad 1??? :ph34r:

Edited by cyde01

Er, no. Construction was halted during the Space War I, and it resumed in 2010, when the half completed vessel was redesigned into the Megaroad-01.

Agreed, the way I always knew it was that SDF-2 was designed to be exactly like the SDF-1 but bigger, however when the Zentradi attacked the project was halted. After the rain of death and the decision to spread humanity across the stars it was redesigned and made into the Megaroad-01. There was never a completed second Macross class vessel (or if there was and this thing on Gallia 4 is one then we never knew about it).

On another note, MisaForlorn, is your changing of avatar just so people will forget about how you so quickly ditched your love of Misa for Klan Klan? You can't run away from your feelings. ;):p

Edited by Master Dex

LOL :lol: THANKS UN!!!!!!! I love it :) I just wish it were small enough to make into an avatar :)

Misa: *slaps MisaForever* "That's what you get for ditching me for Klan!!!"

Edited by cyde01

I am of the opinion that the ship shown on the planet is a Megalord class ship, slightly larger than the Macross and the sillouettes of both ships would look identical from a distance.

even if there were 2 identical looking ships, i think we're forgetting that the SDF-1 was the only ship that could transform then.

and remember, they did it for a specific reason & not just for sheer novelty. :)

you know, 'cuz the sumthin-sumthin that got them stuck out in space went missing, & they needed it to fire the thing's... thing.

that's the Macross.

a duplicate ship would be "new"-ish, it wouldn't look like an over-retrofitted ship.

and M7 showed that the next generation of transforming capital ships are totally different designs.

this ain't Star Trek, you know ;)

well... at least, as long as Macross 2 hasn't been retconned into the continuity :o

i'm guessing if they showed the SDF-1 transforming in the next episode,

there would be flood of mighty man-tears in the ep 13 thread :lol:

Wacky theory #69

Maybe Sharon Apple survived in the SDF-1's computers and finally took the ship for a spin properly. Maybe she is still seeking Isamu........ :wacko: :wacko:

Taksraven

(I think it would be more fun to have an Isamu cameo than a Global one....)

Edited by taksraven