Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

Oh sorry, didn't want to spoil Turner and Hooch for anybody when the dog gets shot and dies in the end to save Tom Hanks life and then Tom Hanks cries a lot and I think that then there were puppies but I can't remember properly.

Is that better??

Taksraven

Jeez, what's next are you going to tell people Bambi's mom dies?

...what?

DAMMIT! Thanks a lot, stray!

Well, you know what? ROSEBUD WAS A F*CKIN' SLED!!!

Well that will "save you two long boobless hours."

Yeah, this weeks "WTF it's MACROSS!!" is the new "OMG It's KAMJIN!!" However this thread is definitely moving faster.

The Kamjin clone doesn't. He's got more of a purplish skin, iirc. Presumeably it's just the clone stock used for the individual Zentraedi in that group. Also, the discussion in episode 11 between Cathy and Klan Klan indicated that this was a Zentraedi unit that had been at least somewhat unwilling to give up their bad old ways.

In DYRL? micloned bald zentraedi became normal human skin colour though. Purple skin...shrug...maybe different space algae latches on him and that's how the zents select their officers? :lol:

The Kamjin clone doesn't. He's got more of a purplish skin, iirc. Presumeably it's just the clone stock used for the individual Zentraedi in that group. Also, the discussion in episode 11 between Cathy and Klan Klan indicated that this was a Zentraedi unit that had been at least somewhat unwilling to give up their bad old ways.

Probably it was a Zentraedi fleet that was incorporated after the Space War 1, one of the many that were around the galaxy. Also could it be that the Zentraedi symbol we were familiar with was actually the symbol used by the Bodolza fleet and each other fleet has its own insignia?

congrats, dude.

you just won the internets!

:lol:

Yes! It's about damn time!

Edited by Master Dex

well MY jaw's still stuck to the floor... :o

my god, ALL BETS ARE OFF. :) they've suddenly taken this series to another level. to see the Macross there... i'm still effin shocked. bewildered. giddy. fracking excited. bring on the next!!

reading through all those spoiler-tagged posts, i just found it interesting that the first instinct of the majority is to outright deny that that was the macross. it was like their childhoods would be ruined if it actually was. :p If it is the macross (which i 100% believe it is), then color me HAPPY!! it just brings tears to my eyes...

actually, the whole episode almost made me cry. at the very least, i had this lasting smile all throughout. that was old-school Macross! with the Zentraedi (god i MISSED you guys!), the power of song, the zentraedi fanboys, mecha warfare. love triangle intensified. wowowow. i loved it!!

(and first time macross fans are now scratching their heads: "why the hell was ranka singing able to stop those zentraedi?? wtf?" :wacko: ).

(on the other hand, this would be the perfect time to slip those first-time fans a copy of DYRL. welcome to our world. :D )

back to the Macross... i don't see why it being there is a source of concern, or a problem with continuity. a lot may have happened between the timeline of Macross 7 and Macross Frontier. maybe, as some have proposed, the disappearance of the Macross from earthspace is what gave rise to the creation of NUNS. anyway...

As for the Macross in the preview for ep13... isn't that the flashback? part of the "recent history lesson" that we're likely to have at the beginning of ep13. or were there VF-25s surrounding it? didn't really see it that well yet.

oh well... i'll speculate and post more once i watch the subbed. !

for now... i gotta wipe the tears again. Ma-ku-ros!!

Alto after seeing the Macross: Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

:rolleyes:

Go back a few pages back... ^_^

Just when I thought Frontier wasn't advancing fast enough, BOOM! they just hit us with so much awesome. That really was a ''Planet of the Apes'' ending there, I was expecting Alto to just fall down and start screaming ''You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell! ''

Haven't watched the ep yet, but I'm betting next week's appearance of the SDF-1 will just be a flashback to Space War 1.

Graham

Flashback? Probably. But I think it's more likely to explain why the WTF-1 is is on Gallia 4 than to show Space War I...

Jeez, what's next are you going to tell people Bambi's mom dies?

In the Sixth Sense, Bruce Willis' character is A GHOST!!!!!

And the chick in The Crying Game is really a guy!!!!!!

Taksraven

(Do I have to explain what Soylent Green is, or who Tyler Durden is as well??)

So the research fleet was really a FAST pack...? I don't get it...

It makes perfect sense really, Ranka was just a sub system on a Fast pack booster when the Vajra came and the V-type infection turned her into a 1/4 zentran human hybrid that Ozma had to save now this his Fast packs are useless since part of them turned into a person.

Haven't watched the ep yet, but I'm betting next week's appearance of the SDF-1 will just be a flashback to Space War 1.

Graham

probably why it's black and white.

come to think of it, the appearance of the SDF-1 in this series should NOT have been a surprise when one considers the MF series is an anniversary homage. what sort of homage would it be if it didn't pay its dues to the titular figure in one form or another?

It makes perfect sense really, Ranka was just a sub system on a Fast pack booster when the Vajra came and the V-type infection turned her into a 1/4 zentran human hybrid that Ozma had to save now this his Fast packs are useless since part of them turned into a person.

That is the real reason why she can survive in space and why she could resist the sound of the speakers.

probably why it's black and white.

come to think of it, the appearance of the SDF-1 in this series should NOT have been a surprise when one considers the MF series is an anniversary homage. what sort of homage would it be if it didn't pay its dues to the titular figure in one form or another?

It would haven't not been a surprise if we had seen it as neat as it was in Plus, not as a crash wreck as we saw it in this episode

Oh! Yeah, yeah...once you put it like that, it's so obivous!

:huh: You mean 1/4 zentran 1/4 human 1/2 Fast Pack???

Graham

Probably not SW1, since WTF-1 is accompanied by Guantanamo class carriers, probably just some history lesson about SDF-1 circa 1950s.

Flashback? Probably. But I think it's more likely to explain why the WTF-1 is is on Gallia 4 than to show Space War I...

you mean to tell me that it was an actual, voluntary decision to launch the macross again after all these years?

something happened in between macross 7 and macross frontier that was BIG enough to cause the NUNG to launch the flasghip? and shoji kawamori SKIPPED OVER AN ENTIRE SERIES that should have told that absolutely mind-boggling threat to all humanity??!!! Damn you kawamori!!! :blink:

hehe. my theory's the flashback. but you could be right. and it would be way cooler anyway than just to have another global's report history lesson about SDFM.

:huh: You mean 1/4 zentran 1/4 human 1/2 Fast Pack???

Well why do you think she likes valkyrie shaped backpacks eh? It's because she feels complete with that plane on her back.

It most probably is an explanation of why it's there, seeing as those are Guantanamo class carriers with it.

Unless of course, that's actually from the set of DYRL? where they were digitally transformed into Zentradi ships in post prod. :ph34r:

Probably not SW1, since WTF-1 is accompanied by Guantanamo class carriers, probably just some history lesson about SDF-1 circa 1950s.

Don't you mean 2050s...? The macross was presumably still slugging it out against the Zentradi with a full complement of Supervision Army crewmembers in the 1950's... ^_^

In the Sixth Sense, Bruce Willis' character is A GHOST!!!!!

And the chick in The Crying Game is really a guy!!!!!!

Taksraven

(Do I have to explain what Soylent Green is, or who Tyler Durden is as well??)

WHAT THE...? :blink: Damn you! Damn you all!!!

Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze!!!

First of all, WTF.

OK, now that that is done, yeah, there seems to be some kind of monster/Vajra queen thing around, and it may be producing those purple crystal things. It may have single-handedly brought the SDF to Gallia 4 last time it awoke. Which was WHEN?

Now, perhaps Ranka's singing will re-awaken it, making all hell break loose. And then they and the SDF-1 will fold somewhere else altogether! Hmm. I'm intrigued. Last week sucked but it seems we're back on track now!