Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

(Special exception for Macross II, because they did the silly thing of blowing the SDF-1 up real good. That's like shooting the dog in a dog movie!)

ROFL

Taksraven

Nope, the floor brick hit my jaw instead when Ranka start singing, I know I shouldn't use Mayan island rock as my floor decoration. :blink:

Can someone make me an animated avatar of Ranka dancing in this episode? ^_^

Which reminds me, if anybody does karaoke with that song, they better do the frakin dance.

Yeah... for some reason, it just doesn't seem to be a (good) Macross series without the SDF-1 appearing at least once. (Special exception for Macross II, because they did the silly thing of blowing the SDF-1 up real good. That's like shooting the dog in a dog movie!)

You mean like in Turner and Hooch?? :lol: :lol:

Taksraven

This episode was like...I was really...I didn't expect all this...OMFG !!!

Just when I thought Frontier wasn't advancing fast enough, BOOM! they just hit us with so much awesome. That really was a ''Planet of the Apes'' ending there, I was expecting Alto to just fall down and start screaming ''You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell! ''

Here are my thoughts after watching this episode:

- Every manly zentran warrior has a j-pop fanboy inside him

- Yeah, the VF-27 seems to be unable to go through Fold distortions without a much powerful fold booster (actually, maybe it's not even a power issue ,those LAI boosters are probably just built around these new superdimensional gems)

- WTH is that thing in the preview !? How could it shut down the VF-25 systems ? APHOS anyone !?

- Ranka's intro was really nice, until I noticed those wacky sound speakers...that just gave me a BAD deja vu.

- Alto is growing into a really skilled pilot, I liked that maneuver he pulled on the Zentran dude.

- Poor Sheryl, it feels like she was tossed aside.

Overall, a really awesome episode, probably my favorite so far. 9/10 score

H O L Y S H ! T !! what a cliffhanger ending, episode was good, was expecting a bit more of a dogfight, and damn, talk about bday present hijacking, Ranka pulled a Focker on Sheryl, I just hope the writers don't decide to solved the love triangle by having Sheryl die of some terminal illness

I can't freaking wait for next week for explanation of SDF-1... I'm so psyche!!

and no doubt about...it's the MACROSS!!

Does anybody know the name of Major Ogotai's advisor??? The one that looked like Exsedol Folmo... :ph34r:

I already updated the Wikipedia Macross F with Ogotai and Temjin (Whose name could very well be Temzin). I want to add info on Ogotai's advisor...

I corrected next episode's title too... ("Memory of Global").

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

So the Zentran in Galia 4 have a warehouse fully stock with reaction warheads. And that Temjin guys want to equip their Q-Reas with the nukes. Knowing that Zentran have trouble with living in peace, they gave them access to reaction weaponary? :blink: So I think there's a bigger conspiracy here, with Galaxy missing, Vajra, and Agent Grace who seems to be the one behind the riot in Galia 4. Darn, Macross F is becoming more like X-Files with each episode. And Mr. Birla, where are you?

-Really, I'm not sure it was a bright idea for SMS to hire Alto...1st VF, he trashed it. #2, he trashed it AND it was destroyed. Now this one takes a crash landing. He's a insurance liability.

Bah! People blame Alto for the VF he lost in episode 7, but fail to mention that if he hadn't lost that VF then Luca's would have been lost instead.

Don't be hatin'!

And from the look of things at the end of this episode, his VF was in amazing condition after his rather bumpy crash landing. There was no visible damage to the plane other than the dirt that he picked up as he played pattycake with the ground. Apparently that armor on the VF-25 works REAL good. A modern plane that performed that kind of landing would have left pieces all over the landscape. Even his wings were still intact.

There's one thing that I realized somewhat belatedly and that I haven't seen mentioned (probably because everyone got sidetracked by the Macross wreckage)...

Something appears to have mentally called Ranka, apparently from the wreckage. It wasn't a coincidence that she just happened to get out of the plane and make her way to the cliff while Alto was still evaluating the plane to see if the fuselage had been seriously damaged.

Edit: And one last item. His fold booster stayed in orbit as well and is visible when his jettisoned armor folds up. That makes a convenient way to allow the plane to fly in atmoshere without the drag from the booster and still retain the ability to fold out (presumeably it can be reequipped without a hanger).

Edited by junior

Something appears to have mentally called Ranka, apparently from the wreckage. It wasn't a coincidence that she just happened to get out of the plane and make her way to the cliff while Alto was still evaluating the plane to see if the fuselage had been seriously damaged.

It seemed to me that the thing Ranka sensed wasn't the WTF-1 wreckage, but your highness the Vajra Queen!!! :ph34r:

And from the look of things at the end of this episode, his VF was in amazing condition after his rather bumpy crash landing. There was no visible damage to the plane other than the dirt that he picked up as he played pattycake with the ground. Apparently that armor on the VF-25 works REAL good. A modern plane that performed that kind of landing would have left pieces all over the landscape. Even his wings were still intact.

VF are know to be crash-resistant.

In Macross TV series, Hikaru VF-1D survives crashing through mutiple building.

In Macross Plus, Isamu VF-11 somehow survive at a certain degere after being dragged in the desert floor.

Does anybody know the name of Major Ogotai's advisor??? The one that looked like Exsedol Folmo... :ph34r:

I already update the Wikipedia Macross F with Ogotai and Temjin (Whose name could very well be Temzin). I want to add info on Ogotai's advisor...

He's just "Advisor" in the credits...but then, Ogotai's name isn't there either (he's just listed as "Commander").

You should use spoiler tags when you spoil stuff like that...

And my jaw didn't hit the floor because I was still depressed by Ranka's successful counterattack. :(

Oh sorry, didn't want to spoil Turner and Hooch for anybody when the dog gets shot and dies in the end to save Tom Hanks life and then Tom Hanks cries a lot and I think that then there were puppies but I can't remember properly.

Is that better??

Taksraven

Oh sorry, didn't want to spoil Turner and Hooch for anybody when the dog gets shot and dies in the end to save Tom Hanks life and then Tom Hanks cries a lot and I think that then there were puppies but I can't remember properly.

Is that better??

Taksraven

WTF? I guess I can take it off my netflix queue. Thanks a lot man... thanks a lot. :lol:

About macronised Zents:

1.) Pity they don't have the reverb/echo anymore. :(

2.) Ever explained why macro rogue zents are greenish skinned? Perhaps lack of "culture" causes them not to bathe and some space-faring fungus causes them to look green until they are liberated by culture and decide to go on a bath? :lol:

Or maybe i should start a new thread....

And I just want to give a big " :p I told you so" to anyone who thought that Kamjin's head somehow survived being blown up along with the rest of his body at the end of SDFM.

It just another mad clone of Quamjin, nothing less :rolleyes: Hmm, so in each of every Zentran fleet, there's a Vriltwhai look alike, Exedol look alike and Quamjin look alike, where's my mass produced Miriya clone?

Anybody notice that the Macross is in exactly the same pose and position as it was in the final shot of SDF:M Episode 27. Even with the bits dangling off the cannon and the whole ship is tilted over to the side a bit. Eerie stuff.

Taksraven

Alto after seeing the Macross: Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

VF are know to be crash-resistant.

In Macross TV series, Hikaru VF-1D survives crashing through mutiple building.

In Macross Plus, Isamu VF-11 somehow survive at a certain degere after being dragged in the desert floor.

Was gonna say this as well. As if a mere crash landing could knock a VF out of comission ^_^ (unless its cannon fodder :ph34r: ).

It just another mad clone of Quamjin, nothing less :rolleyes: Hmm, so in each of every Zentran fleet, there's a Vriltwhai look alike, Exedol look alike and Quamjin look alike, where's my mass produced Miriya clone?

Bah. Any Zent with purple skin, blue hair, and a mad gleam in his eye is going to look like Kamjin...more important, I think is that he SOUNDED nothing like Kamjin.

And speaking of sound, I hope everyone who hates Mac7 took Michael's speakers as a big F-U...because that's what they were.

(Hmmm...I'm feeling a little aggro tonight...but I'm happy, because THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!!!)

2.) Ever explained why macro rogue zents are greenish skinned? Perhaps lack of "culture" causes them not to bathe and some space-faring fungus causes them to look green until they are liberated by culture and decide to go on a bath? :lol:

The Kamjin clone doesn't. He's got more of a purplish skin, iirc. Presumeably it's just the clone stock used for the individual Zentraedi in that group. Also, the discussion in episode 11 between Cathy and Klan Klan indicated that this was a Zentraedi unit that had been at least somewhat unwilling to give up their bad old ways.

I feel sorry for Sheryl, though. Admittedly, Alto did owe Ranka after not calling last episode. But I would imagine that one of the things that Sheryl envisioned when she set up Alto's "present" was the opportunity to go flying with him again. Instead Sheryl's unable to stand without support and Ranka gets to go up in the sky instead. Hopefully Sheryl gets the opportunity before they leave the planet.

actually, though sheryl feels really bad about not flying with alto herself, she probably would've approved of ranka flying with alto to realize her gift. she's a class act, that sheryl

the last ep thread was 15pages before it got unpinned. this thread looks like its going to hit that mark under 24 hours. of course a lot of it is due to "WTF, it's the SDF-1!" , so allow me to chime in myself: WTF!!!!