Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

Maybe it's the general tone of this particular series but

when the Zentradi opened fire on each other, I was kind of expecting a blood bath. Now I'm not for gratuitous violence but I thought I would at least see one or two fall to enemy fire. It looked like they had the shooting accuracy of Stormtroopers. If this was SDFM, DYRL or maybe even Zero I'm pretty sure the body count would've been in the double digits when all was said and done. Times sure have changed...

:rolleyes:

Transformers' aim was the low point in this episode, which started with obligatory Tata Lesbo. Then Ranka came. I was worried I could have found such self-homage scene cheesy, but it was so epic. Ranka owned Sheryl right when she looked like game over. Alto fights and gets chara development (or so I think). Evil eye VF-25F's prog-knife deathstab. Macross Plus flight scene, with music that still won't stop. Then IT WAS EARTH ALL ALONG. Macross Frontier definitively has above average direction tidbits, it goes from 6 to 10 on such a short notice

:ph34r:

Also, magnetic FAST Packs that stick together :ph34r:

FV

You do know that sound does have energy in the real world, and that there are real applications of sound energy. Here, have a layman's resource from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_energy_flux . ;)

Um, actually that is generally referred to as "Sonics" and it's well known in the scientific community. Has nothing to do with rainbow rays or bringing people back from near death... :rolleyes:

Not only do I think

DYRL? was filmed on that planet, I think the Zentradi living there acted in the film (which is why they all kinda look like the original Zentradi).

Maybe this is where the SDFM series was filmed and the guy we think is Kamjin is actually the Zentran who played him in the show. If so, then where exactly is Lap Lamis? At home with the kids?

Edited by Zinjo

Not only do I think

DYRL? was filmed on that planet, I think the Zentradi living there acted in the film (which is why they all kinda look like the original Zentradi).

that is interesting, i really hope that turns out to be it.

Um, actually that is generally referred to as "Sonics" and it's well known in the scientific community. Has nothing to do with rainbow rays or bringing people back from near death... :rolleyes:

Really, now. If anyone actually read how I used sound energy in my post, it had nothing to do with colorful rays, and more to do with a person survivng over 300 dB of sound being pumped directly into her ears. I think everyone's being a little too sensitive here.

And who says music can't bring a person back from near death? :p

Not only do I think

I could really kind of see that... but... if that's the case, there must have been one hell of a budget.  :blink:

Really, now. If anyone actually read how I used sound energy in my post, it had nothing to do with colorful rays, and more to do with a person survivng over 300 dB of sound being pumped directly into her ears. I think everyone's being a little too sensitive here.

Now you're just being mean... :( *sniff

All right, I'll concede.

Ranka's sound energy protected her from the massive amounts of sound pressure generated from Michel's speakers. Does that work better for everyone?

I was more impressed by the fact she did it without a PA...  :wacko:

My theory on the episode is that SDF-1 is actually another ASS-1 that was some how transformed before it crashed, and......was that a freaking vajra QUEEN!!!!!!

Edited by LordDremen

Alto jettisoned his FAST pack, what a waste

hmmm... methinks that frontier era valks can 'undock' from their FAST packs and leave them in orbit for use later - much like the Jedi Starfighters of the Old Republic before the rise of palpatine could with their hyperdrive sleds. makes alot of sense since I noted in the tech thread that the current drive for macross valks is towards being a true starfighter analogue.

I think SK has been having chats with GL... B))

At first, I started to scroll through the spoiler stuff until I saw Duke's "WTF" comment. I quickly logged out to avoid any clues and downloaded the ep. And now I can officially agree:

WTF!!?! indeed. This was a rollercoaster of awesome.

Edited by crasis

Wow. Big WTF's going in the episode for me. I mean you watch it your like what the hell just happened. I don't know what to expect next honestly. Still a great episode, loved it. Now time to sit back as the triangle becomes a Zentradi Octogon B)) lol. 1, 2, Deculture!

i rather find it odd

that some of the zentradi soldiers spulted blood out of their mouths listening to Ranka's music

and ya, other than that, it's rather sweet

between Ranka and Alto before the 'network intrusion' shutting down the VF

as well as everyone's "WTF?!?"

Edited by info600

I think SK has been having chats with GL... B))

*shudders* don't say such a thing! I don't even wanna think about it...

All in all a pretty good Frontier ep... though honestly I was rather disappointed with it. I guess I expected them to solve their problems with bullets and missiles and not music... Don't get me wrong, solving problems with music is okay too (loved M7) but it just wasn't what I was expecting. Like, every time I expected something to happen, something less awesome took it's place. Had the same WTF moment as everyone else at the end, though

^_^

Looking forward to next week!

- Leader of the 33rd Naval/Marine Fleet is Major Ogotai (sounds like Breetai? coincidence? lol)

- Leader of trouble-makers Temjin (sounds like Kamjin? coincidence again? :p)

Title for next episode is changed to 'Memory of Global'... hmm luckily the preview shots don't look like they're from past episodes...

whatever's underwater somehow managed to jam the valk's flight control systems (engine?)... could the macross (lookalike?) crashed because of the same reason? did the 33rd marine fleet ever scanned/checked out the planet? if so, they should've found the macross ruins easily.

good job - cliffhanger making us all wondering what that sdf-1 is...

the fast pack sticking together after being jettisoned gave me a feeling of star wars jedi fighter too :D

and what a bunch of sissy zentrans. they're using Q-Rea FEMALE suits. What?! are they wearing bras? :p

we shall call it WTF-1 until we get an official designation lol... :p

Edited by Shun