RIP George Carlin

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/06/62841/index.html

George Carlin was a comedic genius who often pushed the envelope. He was also a huge part of my childhood as the second "Mr. Conductor" on Shinning Time Station (The only one I was familiar with), and as Rufus from Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure (one of my favorite movies as a kid).

He will be missed.

This makes me very sad. :( The world is a less interesting place without him, and much less funny. I think we should remove the forum's language filters for a day in honor of one of the best f***ing comedian of all time.

Edited by GobotFool

The last of the true greats of comedy. I loved him as Rufus, and his stand-up was always incredible. Intelligent, and well delivered. I especially liked his take on the Ten Commandments,

"Always be Faithful and True to the Provider of Thy Nookie, and Do Not Kill, Unless the Guy You're Killing Prays to a Different Invisible Dude than You Do. If I could add one though, it would be, 'Keep Thy Religion to Thyself.'" ^_^

Shame I never got to see him perform live. He would've been here in a month too...

RIP George Carlin, Comic Genius.

Unfortunately he was not that well known here in Australia, but he was great in the Bill and Ted movies (Yes, I know that he did a *lot* more than that.)

Anyway, RIP.

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

RIP :(

Did anybody see the documentary entitled "F*CK"? It's about the origins, usage and social ramifications of the word. Anyway, George Carlin featured prominently in it as a pioneer of sorts. I recommend it, it shows how amazing he was.

George Carlin will always be the voice of the counter-culture movement. His comedy was thought provoking and highly intelligent. George is on that higher eshilon of stand up comedy with Richard Pryor, Andy Kaufman, Eddie Murphy, Redd Foxx, Lenny Bruce, and Dave Chappelle. RIP George!

I am in the minority here as I am not really a big fan of George. I find most of jokes uninteresting. But he was flipping hilarious in Dogma. I do have to admit he brought up things that was the "white elephant in the living room" because of the his counter-culture movement. His comedy was thought provoking even though I didnt laugh. He had his moments though. Still I dont wish anybody to be dead. He lived a good life and he made an impact. RIP.

I was sad too when I saw the headline in my yahoo email. He was not that old really but he did live hard. He left the world a great supply of humor and brought so many people to hysterical laughter. I think that he was a great man. Indeed, Rest in Peace brother George!

I was one of the fourtnate ones, I actually got to shake his hand when he was live at my University a few years ago! He was a much needed part of our society, he told us what was wrong with us, told us to cut out all the BULLS@*T! and he did it in an a genius and halarious way!

Goerge I consider myself fortunate to have met you and the world was a better place with you in it.

R.I.P :(

Edited by mustang1

I saw him perform about four to six months back, and at the time it looked like he was trying out some new material.

It's a shame. Always loved his material. Even if I didn't buy the concept, the delivery was always a treat.