If Yamato made a 1/60 VF-4 would you buy it?

UN Spacy

390 members have voted

1. 1. If Yamato made a 1/60 VF-4 would you buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

how come when i asked this people didn't listen/where rude to me and said oh VF-4 is part of robotech yada yada yada.

At what point did you suggest they make a VF-4?

you were saying they should make a VF-1R, which is completely different from what we're talking about here.

wait... why am I even typing this, I'm trying to explain to someone their own statements... I give up.

anyways. they should sell the Heavy weapons unit as a seperate variant. they should also do an 'S' varrient using the head form the SHE variable resin kit.

how come when i asked this people didn't listen/where rude to me and said oh VF-4 is part of robotech yada yada yada.

Your all over the place shadow, this is the internets, people don't have time to decipher random rants. It's not personal, it's how it is.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Your all over the place shadow, this is the internets, people don't have time to decipher random rants. It's not personal, it's how it is.

Maybe you should try writing it in such a way he'll be able to read it?

"there peace is toy not same toy soeak u of, thaz way person mad because veritech not same as da won you ask from"

That's a beautiful shot.

The nose is just a tad bit too long for my taste.

...and I believe the model that Hikaru had in the tv show was the VF-X-4.

Side are cannons are deadly looking too, early Q-Rau crossover?

gallery_3118_347_3304.jpg

gallery_3118_347_284219.png

I'd be modifying the head colour like those 1/72 kits shown, the lineart Hikaru colour scheme looks a little silly, but those models are pure sex.

again - http://rapidshare.com/users/4EJDD5

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=244

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I love how much shorter the nosecone is in battroid than fighter. I mean the same problem existed even for the VF-1s, but sheesh.. You think they could exaggerate the difference any more in the lineart there? =/ The fan-built kit just shows off how blargh the fighter-length nose would look like in battroid. =/.

I love how much shorter the nosecone is in battroid than fighter. I mean the same problem existed even for the VF-1s, but sheesh.. You think they could exaggerate the difference any more in the lineart there? =/ The fan-built kit just shows off how blargh the fighter-length nose would look like in battroid. =/.

I think it would help if they didn't have the nose sticking out and angled forward they way they do. That's not how it is in the lineart and there's really no reason to do it like that.

They really should have done a better job positioning the lower torso, it looks like the whole things falling over. Also I HATE what they did with the lower legs/nacelles.

Basically if the toy fallows the line art closer it should be better looking overall.

Yea, the modelers really took a lot of liberty in making their kit, some of it just doesn't even follow line art at all... They just kinda wanted to do what they thought looked cool. The feet are entirely different for some reason. Not quite sure why, since you'd think that be one of the more direct transitions from fighter.

I do like, however, the model's waist-mounted gunpod (totally reminds me of the FMP Arbalest) and the little turbine gear waist you see behind the nosecone in battroid. Line art sometimes bugs me with their shading that deliberately covers up the nitty-gritty mechanical detail that you'd see in a normal lighting condition. Sure it provides a much cleaner look that's more appealing, but it doesn't realistically reflect what even a non-transforming model would have to look like.

I do think that Yamato can do a better job sticking to the lineart, but this will be one of their tougher challenges for sure.

• 7 months later...

So. According to the poll which Graham started last year.

Yamato went with the least popular options. It's obviously based off of number of repaints they can milk. Right?

VF-19 with 24 votes (8.19%) = Getting 1st/mid 2010

VF-17 with 40 votes (13.65%) = Getting 2nd/late 2010

VF-0D with 55 votes (18.77%) = ?

VF-4 with 82 votes (27.99%) = ?

VF-2SS with 92 votes (31.40%) = ?

We're left with the VF-0D, VF-2SS, and VF-4 in 2011 and 2012.

The VF-2SS can obviously be milked. This is also somewhat true for the VF-0D.

I have a feeling the VF-4 will be dead last. :rolleyes:

I love the VF-4 fighter mode, but the Battroid never sat well with me.

That seems to be the popular opinion. I've never really understood it. I've always found that the VF-4 has one of the most awesome battroid designs. It's a great contrast. The fighter is sleek and beautiful, the battroid is massive and powerful looking.

I sure hope we get one, the sooner the better. Of course, ideally, I'd love to see Yamato release every single VF design, even the ones I'm not personally too keen on. Those are few and far between, tho. The VF-4 is at the top of my wish list.

I don't know that it's been confirmed, but I've heard a lot of rumblings about a Yamato VF-17 on the forum lately. Will be great if it's coming. The VF-17 would be second on my list out of the choices in the quoted poll.

That seems to be the popular opinion. I've never really understood it. I've always found that the VF-4 has one of the most awesome battroid designs. It's a great contrast. The fighter is sleek and beautiful, the battroid is massive and powerful looking.

I sure hope we get one, the sooner the better. Of course, ideally, I'd love to see Yamato release every single VF design, even the ones I'm not personally too keen on. Those are few and far between, tho. The VF-4 is at the top of my wish list.

I don't know that it's been confirmed, but I've heard a lot of rumblings about a Yamato VF-17 on the forum lately. Will be great if it's coming. The VF-17 would be second on my list out of the choices in the quoted poll.

Hey Radd, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the VF-4. I think for some its simply they do not like the Battroid design end of story. I like it, but because its the most unseen fighter in any Macross series (minus its few seconds shown in Flashback 2012) I'm just used to seeing it as a super sleek fighter. I'll bet a millions bucks if I had it, we ever get a VF-4 1/60, I'll probably be a huge fan of the Battroid mode and leave it that way!!

As for a VF-17, I have the old Bandai 1/65 version and the 1/144 model, YAMATO is going to really have to wow me over, as this is a Design I am not to fond of.....

I don't know if i would trust Yamato to make a VF-4. It is a very slender design with a fairly complex transformation with many moving parts. With the durability problems that yamato has been having of late, i could see a VF-4 toy being problematic.

I don't know if i would trust Yamato to make a VF-4. It is a very slender design with a fairly complex transformation with many moving parts. With the durability problems that yamato has been having of late, i could see a VF-4 toy being problematic.

I know, I was so pissed when my VF-11 broke into 10 pieces then burst into flames. /sarcasm

I am confused. Can someone tell me the excitement here?

Fighter mode gets a 9.2 on design and coolness, while battroid is at about a 3.1. Its a mess -- a totally jumbled go-bottish design. Its not menacing, tough looking or any other positive adjective (IMO).

OTHER than its a Macross item that's gotten little love over the years . . .

I am confused. Can someone tell me the excitement here?

Fighter mode gets a 9.2 on design and coolness, while battroid is at about a 3.1. Its a mess -- a totally jumbled go-bottish design. Its not menacing, tough looking or any other positive adjective (IMO).

OTHER than its a Macross item that's gotten little love over the years . . .

Not everyone agrees with that assessment. Like I said above, I think it has one of the better battroid designs. Hands down better than the YF-19, the VF-25, or the VF-17. I don't see how it can be called jumbled or go-bottish. Fan-made kitbashes notwithstanding it's got a pretty clean, if bulky, battroid design.

Of course, there's a saying about opinions. Not to mention the fighter mode is a popular favourite even if opinions on the battroid go the whole range.

It's obvious Yamato has no love for the VF-4, they've even made an ugly pink VF-3 in their 1/200 line but no hint of a VF-4 anywhere, there's no license excuse, they have the VF-X license and the VF-4 was there

I've never thought licensing was that simple. There's a LOT of VFs in the VF-X games. Yamato has not had license to make all of them. It seems to me that what VFs are attached to a license is determined by where that Valkyrie makes its first appearance. The VF-17 appears in the VF-X games, but you need the Macross 7 license to do a VF-17 toy. The VF-4 appears in VF-X, but I suspect you need the Flashback 2012 license to do a toy based on it. I wouldn't be surprised if variants (VF-22, VF-11C, VF-171) are more complex than that, probably requiring several licenses (where the original design first appears, and the subsequent variant) or some wheeling and dealing with license holders.

Not everyone agrees with that assessment. Like I said above, I think it has one of the better battroid designs. Hands down better than the YF-19, the VF-25, or the VF-17. I don't see how it can be called jumbled or go-bottish. Fan-made kitbashes notwithstanding it's got a pretty clean, if bulky, battroid design.

Oh - I do agree with you that this battroid design may be better than others, so that let's you know what I think of them.

As for go-bottish, I feel like the head and entire legs are lacking in what you may call creativity, or any sophisticated design -- or just coolness factor. The 'jumbled' comment comes from not being able to tell what parts you're viewing during the first 5 seconds of looking at the battroid mode (chest up).

I also do not like the wings dangling right over the arms where most of the combat action takes place. Shoulder guards are good but any action will likely result in not being able to take off again (original vf hides the wings and tailfins out of the way). And do we want to even talk about the nose cone?

Anyway - its was very cool in the original series - as a model being zoomed around in fighter mode . . .

the VF-4 only appears in FB2012 and VF-X, I assume Yamato had some issue releasing some Macross 7 Valks if BanDai at that moment lock the 1/60 scale or the vf itself, but Yamato somehow has happily released the VF-19A raven scheme several times

as far as I know, nobody has license to release the VF-4

a lot of people dislike the battroid design (I don't), since it was a retcon Kawamori did for the VF-X game, the VF-4 was originally only designed to be a fighter, it was never supposed to transform, Yamato could make a non transforming VF-4 with plenty of gimmick and a lot of people would be happy with it

unless they somehow find a way to charge 200+ or make it a bloody online exclusive