Favourite Variable Fighter

What's your favourite variable fighter?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Note: Read my post for my choice of poll option.

• VF-0 "Pheonix"
    • SV-51
    • VF-1 "Valkyrie"
    • VF-4 "Lighting III"
    • VF-11 "Thunderbolt"
    • VF-17 "Nightmare"/ VF-171
    • YF-19 "Alpha One"/ VF-19 "Excalibur"
    • YF-21 "Omega One"/ VF-22 "Sturmvogel II"
    • Az-130A "Panzerzorene"
    • FBz-99G "Saubergeran"
    • Fz-109 "Elgerzorene"
    • VB-06 "Konig Monster"
    • VF-25 "Messiah"
    • VF-27
    • Others (Please mention them in your post)
    • I don't care! I love all Valkryie!
    • No, I HATE THEM! Queadluun-Rau and Regult owns them all!

Some observation from your truly:

1. As expected, VF-1 tops the polls with 34 votes, followed by YF-19/VF-19 (20 votes) and YF-21/VF/22 (11 votes). The higher votes of YF-19 compared to YF-21 is kinda weird IMO, because the results of another similiar poll in this topic suggests that there's about equal amount of fans of both YF-19 and YF-21:YF-19 VS YF-21 FIGHTER DESIGN => YOUR CHOICE

2. For a variable fighter that had a screen time for less than a minutes, VF-4 get unusually high votes, with 10 votes and ties with the 'I love all' option, making both options the fourth highest votes in this poll.

3. No love for VF-17/ VF-171. :( And I thought a lot of MW forum members likes them... (noticeably Graham)

Well...one of the problems is that different models of the same fighter are grouped together. I voted for the VF-19 Fire Valkyrie, which means I also ended up voting for the YF-19. If the Fire Valkryie had had its own option, the YF-19 would have at least one less vote. Maybe other people also voted for basara's sweet ride...? (Unlikely, but you never know.)

And the VF-4 is the Boba Fett of Macross...it gets such a small appearance, but leaves you wanting to see more...

Well...one of the problems is that different models of the same fighter are grouped together. I voted for the VF-19 Fire Valkyrie, which means I also ended up voting for the YF-19. If the Fire Valkryie had had its own option, the YF-19 would have at least one less vote. Maybe other people also voted for basara's sweet ride...? (Unlikely, but you never know.)

And the VF-4 is the Boba Fett of Macross...it gets such a small appearance, but leaves you wanting to see more...

Thanks for the comment, Gubaba! :)

Well, maybe sometimes in the future, I may create a poll to research about the favourite variation of each VF, starting with VF-19 and VF-11. That, together with this poll, will give us a clearer indication of the mindset of Macross World forum members.

And yeah, VF-4 is the Boba Fett of Macross! Too bad the only chance we can see the VF-4 in action is in Flashback 2012 and in video games such as Macross M3...

I like the VF-22S (close enough to YF-21) followed by the Metal Siren

1) VF-22S/YF-21

2) Metal Siren

3) YF-19/VF-19A

4) VF-2SS-SAP

5) VF-17S

6) VF-1S

And yeah, VF-4 is the Boba Fett of Macross! Too bad the only chance we can see the VF-4 in action is in Flashback 2012 and in video games such as Macross M3...

LOL! Awesome. I wasn't a Boba Fett fan, but I'm all about the VF-4.

3D_VF4_SVF143_2038_1.jpg

Guess I'll chime in with my own top 3:

3: Fz-109A Elgerzorene. The duality of its appearance really intrigued me. Sleek like most of the variable fighters in fighter and gerwalk mode, but gets a very nice buff and intimidating presence in Battroid mode.

2: VF-1 Valkyrie. Cant say anything bad about this baby, its just classy. Personal favorite load out is the VE-1 "ELINT Seeker" variant.

1: VB-06 Konig Monster. First time I saw this thing was in the trailer for VF-X-2. When I close my eyes I can still hear the background music, as the Konig Monster slowly decent upon the battle field, transforming, and finally let off a roar with its cannons... The Army in real life nicknames the Artillery as the King of Battle, and seeing that footage, I can't help but agree. Same thing happened again in Macross Frontier, and thats the part I kept re-watching over and over again. Its not sleek, its not sexy, but there's just something about it rushing up to the battle field, shrugging off most gunfires like its nothing, claiming its ground, and let off a roar as the only warning to the enemies that they've just became its bitch.

Edited by Anon

Guess I'll chime in with my own top 3:

3: Fz-109A Elgerzorene. The duality of its appearance really intrigued me. Sleek like most of the variable fighters in fighter and gerwalk mode, but gets a very nice buff and intimidating presence in Battroid mode.

Well, if you think about the the Elgerzorene (and all other VF-14 derivatives) only looked that way since for some reason, they decided to give all the mecha in Mac 7 big fat arms and legs. If you look at the finalized VF-14 design shown in M3 (versus the early one shown in Macross 7 P*L*U*S) then you can speculate what the Varauta mecha would have looked like if it were drawn without the enlarged limbs.

Well, if you think about the the Elgerzorene (and all other VF-14 derivatives) only looked that way since for some reason, they decided to give all the mecha in Mac 7 big fat arms and legs. If you look at the finalized VF-14 design shown in M3 (versus the early one shown in Macross 7 P*L*U*S) then you can speculate what the Varauta mecha would have looked like if it were drawn without the enlarged limbs.

Yes, but even if its only stylistic, I still prefer the buffer look of the Elgerzorene over that of the original Vampire.

No problem voting for no.1, its go to be the VF-4. It leaves the 2nd and 3rd place SV-51 and YF-21 in its jetwash.

Likening the VF-4 to Fett could be the kiss of death though, if SK and GL have similar habits, a VF-4 could end up crashing for the sake of a stupid burp joke.

I'm all about the VF-4, my all-time favourite Valkyrie. Has my favourite fighter mode, and my favourite battroid mode. Past that, probably the VF-14 or the VF-5000. I've got a special place in my heart for the ugly duckling VA-3. Not every Valkyrie needs to be a sports car. Macross needs more of that variety.

1)YF-21 "Omega One"

2)VF-22 "Sturmvogel II"

3)YF-19 "Alpha One"

4)VF-19 "Excalibur"

5)VF-1 "Valkyrie"

6)VF-4 "Lighting III"

7)VF-27

8)VF-25 "Messiah"

9)VF-17 "Nightmare"

10)VF-11 "Thunderbolt"

11)VF-171

Edited by Chief Guld Goa Bowman