Favourite Variable Fighter

What's your favourite variable fighter?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Note: Read my post for my choice of poll option.

• VF-0 "Pheonix"
    • SV-51
    • VF-1 "Valkyrie"
    • VF-4 "Lighting III"
    • VF-11 "Thunderbolt"
    • VF-17 "Nightmare"/ VF-171
    • YF-19 "Alpha One"/ VF-19 "Excalibur"
    • YF-21 "Omega One"/ VF-22 "Sturmvogel II"
    • Az-130A "Panzerzorene"
    • FBz-99G "Saubergeran"
    • Fz-109 "Elgerzorene"
    • VB-06 "Konig Monster"
    • VF-25 "Messiah"
    • VF-27
    • Others (Please mention them in your post)
    • I don't care! I love all Valkryie!
    • No, I HATE THEM! Queadluun-Rau and Regult owns them all!

Wait...where's the VF-5000 option on the poll!?

Sorry, but I can't take such a poll seriously when there's no luv for the VF-5000. ^_^-_-

Already stated, OP forgot it was in Dynamite 7, along with the VA-3.

Wait...where's the VF-5000 option on the poll!?

Sorry, but I can't take such a poll seriously when there's no luv for the VF-5000. ^_^-_-

Just like d3v said, it's my fault that I forget to put VF-5000 into the poll. ^_^ In fact, I share the same love for VF-5000 with you. :)

Back to topic: Still no vote for VF-17 and Q-Rau... Come on VF-17 and Q-Rau lovers, I know you are here somewhere...

Just like d3v said, it's my fault that I forget to put VF-5000 into the poll. ^_^ In fact, I share the same love for VF-5000 with you. :)

Back to topic: Still no vote for VF-17 and Q-Rau... Come on VF-17 and Q-Rau lovers, I know you are here somewhere...

Sorry, I didn't check previous pages beforehand, I didn't want to be rude or anything. Should have chosen my smilies more wisely ^_^

BTW, some other designs that are worth mentioning (even though they're not valks) are the X-9 and M0 Ghosts and of course the Variable Glaug.

Edited by Aegis!

Hmm, I decide to pick all of them.

VF-1 Valkyrie, VF-4 Lightning III, VA-3 Invader, VF-9 Cutlass, VF-11 Thunderbolt, VAB-2 Spirit, VF-14 Vampire, VF-3000 Crusader, VF-5000 VF-17 Nightmare, Neo Glaug, Variable Glaug, Pheyos Valkyrie, VF-19 Excalibur, VF-22 Sturmvogel, VB-6 Konig Monster, VF-171, VF-25 Messiah, VF-27, VF-XX, VF-2SS Valkyrie II, VF-2JA Icarus, Metal Siren, and VDW-1 Macross Quarter.

^_^

Edited by Morpheus

It would seem that the favorites list is shaping up to be popularity contest among the VFs that have had the most (or most recent) screen time. That's alright, though. They get the most screen time because they're the best that Macross has to offer...so far.

(Just a side question: Why is that every time a spell 'Macross' when posting on this here Macross forum, the spellchecker always highlights it as misspelled? Just curious.)

Edited by shogun029

(Just a side question: Why is that every time a spell 'Macross' when posting on this here Macross forum, the spellchecker always highlights it as misspelled? Just curious.)

You using Firefox by any chance?

Regardless, that's the browsers own spellchecker, not that of the forum software.

It would seem that the favorites list is shaping up to be popularity contest among the VFs that have had the most (or most recent) screen time. That's alright, though. They get the most screen time because they're the best that Macross has to offer...so far.

Tell that to the VF-4 fans, and see what kind of response you get... ;)

I see there's no love for the Varauta mecha as well, maybe MW member got something against the color purple :lol:

Varauta valk is pretty versatile I think, it got multiple weaponry ranging from compact buster cannon to spiritia sucker that makes other valk pilot high without drugs :wacko:

I demand that Yamato to make 1/60 Varauta valk.

Ask me again after I've come down from my initial YF-21 high. ^_^

It'll eventually come down to either the classic VF-1 or my favorite bastard love-child, the YF-21.

The VF-1 is just such a beautiful and memorable design that I just have to give it the proper respect and consideration it damn well deserves. It's the foundation upon which most of these VF's have drawn inspiration from. And you just gotta bow down to the original.

Of course, staring at the wonderful Human-Zent hybrid that is the YF-21 (especially this newest toy version) makes my decision that much harder.

I see there's no love for the Varauta mecha as well, maybe MW member got something against the color purple :lol:

Varauta valk is pretty versatile I think, it got multiple weaponry ranging from compact buster cannon to spiritia sucker that makes other valk pilot high without drugs :wacko:

I demand that Yamato to make 1/60 Varauta valk.

Only thing that bugs me about the Varauta valks is that the pilots seem to hae a limited FOV in their cockpits.

Also, I think Bandai still has the license for the Mac 7 mecha. If we're lucky and the Frontier merch is successful, maybe we'll see Macross 7 MG/R3 kits and DX toys.

On a related note, I've always wondered what the normal version of the Custom Sound Force/Jamming Bird valks look like. So far, we've only seen the VF-17D, meanwhile the VF-19P is the closest 19 variant to the Basara's Valk. However, have they ever shown an unmodified VF-11D and VF-11 MAXL?

Edited by d3v

VF2SS but it's not in your list

So it's between the VF25 and YF21 and YF19 in battroid

Well, you can always vote for Others. :)

d3v: Well, according to Macross Compendium, VF-11D is a two-seater version of VF-11, so I think it will almost identical to VF-11B or VF-11C, just with a two-seater cockpit just like the YF-19. And I have no desire to see the original VF-11MAXL. :p

Aegis!: No offense taken. :)

Edited by Sulendil Ang

Well, the VF-11D and VF-11MAXL variants would likely look very similar to the Custom versions, minus Sound Force Packs. I don't think there would be that many more changes. Well, now that I think about it, perhaps the VF-11MAXL would not look as effeminate as the Custom, but the VF-11D should be largely unchanged, since it's just designated as a two-seater version of the Thunderbolt.

Actually, I still have some fan made VF-11MAXL pictures on the hard drive. They were made by the talented Grebo Guru. Here's his topic still on MacrossWorld (with working pictures) Grebo Guru's VF-11MAXL .

Should give you an idea what the MAXL looks like.

Well, the VF-11D and VF-11MAXL variants would likely look very similar to the Custom versions, minus Sound Force Packs. I don't think there would be that many more changes. Well, now that I think about it, perhaps the VF-11MAXL would not look as effeminate as the Custom, but the VF-11D should be largely unchanged, since it's just designated as a two-seater version of the Thunderbolt.

Actually, I still have some fan made VF-11MAXL pictures on the hard drive. They were made by the talented Grebo Guru. Here's his topic still on MacrossWorld (with working pictures) Grebo Guru's VF-11MAXL .

Should give you an idea what the MAXL looks like.

Thanks for the rather cool pictures of VF-11MAXL fanart, March! If the VF-11MAXL Custom is that awesome...

Well, we know the VF-1 will always get most of the votes, the same goes for the M+ valks and Zero/Frontier valks, it relates directly to screentime, so the most obscure ones will never get as much votes. For that Reason I voted VF-4, I don't see much merit in voting for the VF-1, YF-21 or 19, it's a given, they're instant classics, so my preference is to go with a less known valk, and the VF-4 is my second favorite after the 5000.

Edited by Aegis!

I voted for the 11.

As much as I love the VF-1, 19 & 25; the VF-11 hold a special place in my heart. Like many, it's debut in M+ was the first post-Robotech, REAL VF I ever saw. It is so clearly the offspring of the VF-1A, it even has the same facial features! Finally, the dialog that refers to it as the VF Thunderbolt got me. It wasn't a Valkyrie at all! It had its own label & everything. Of course, there was the bayonet & Isamu kicking so much ass. Probably the most memorable moment in all of Macross for me.

It's also probably the only 1/60 I'll be buying, if it gets the green light.

Ok, seriously. I came into this thread expecting a LOT more VF-4 love. What the hell is wrong with you people?

In-universe it was an expensive, overbudget fighter eclipsed in cost-to-performance ratio by the VF-9 and VF-5000. :p

Seriously though, the VF-4 was never shown in battle in any of TV Series/OVA/Movies, so I guess it's natural that most people would pick the ones they saw in action.

Edited by d3v

Some observation from your truly:

1. As expected, VF-1 tops the polls with 34 votes, followed by YF-19/VF-19 (20 votes) and YF-21/VF/22 (11 votes). The higher votes of YF-19 compared to YF-21 is kinda weird IMO, because the results of another similiar poll in this topic suggests that there's about equal amount of fans of both YF-19 and YF-21:YF-19 VS YF-21 FIGHTER DESIGN => YOUR CHOICE

2. For a variable fighter that had a screen time for less than a minutes, VF-4 get unusually high votes, with 10 votes and ties with the 'I love all' option, making both options the fourth highest votes in this poll.

3. No love for VF-17/ VF-171. :( And I thought a lot of MW forum members likes them... (noticeably Graham)