Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

So how large will the VF-11 be next to Yamato's 19 and 21 ?

Will it be the same size or smaller (closer to the VF-1), anybody know ?

SK retconned the size of the VF-11 to be more in line with what is shown in the anime, so the VF-11 should be about the same size as the YF-19/21, bigger than the VF-1.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if they will release the VF-11 in VFX-2 colors like the GN-U. The destroids certainly got their share of alternate color schemes right after launch.

On the other hand they would have released a VF-19A first.

Ah well, I already have the VF-11 on preorder even though I prefer the VFX colors.

The seller has excellent feedback.

I'll take the plunge.

Good luck with that. I was considering ordering from him but the price including shipping seemed ridiculously low compared to the msrp. Could you keep us updated as to how it works out for you, in case he puts something up like that again? If he doesn't jack you around I might not be so hesitant to order from him next time.

Good luck with that. I was considering ordering from him but the price including shipping seemed ridiculously low compared to the msrp. Could you keep us updated as to how it works out for you, in case he puts something up like that again? If he doesn't jack you around I might not be so hesitant to order from him next time.

Actually, I have purchased from him before (on another item). The guy does come through.

Thanks for your concern.

^_^

I guess the toys fell off the truck right after release date or how does he just sell a brand new item at 50% off list price.

The toys themselves might be legit, but are his ways of acquiring them legit as well?

Might be the case like 1999.co.jp--- they listed their VF-11B for a ridiculously low price initially as well for pre-order and had to change it.

Might be the case like 1999.co.jp--- they listed their VF-11B for a ridiculously low price initially as well for pre-order and had to change it.

Not surprising with 1999.co.jp as they're a bunch of thieves. I'm surprised they changed it as opposed to charging you the correct price once they take payment.

Despite wanting to get the VF-11B straight off the bat, what with the VF-1 shoulder hinge issue, I think I will let you guys guinea pig yourselves for me. :D Don't you all feel honored? :p:lol:

Bunch of thieves? Why would you said that? Actually, I put down a pre-order for the VF-11B expecting that they would charge the correct price on payment, but instead they just cancelled ALL the pre-orders and asked me to re-pre-order-- by the time I got the email the pre-orders were all filled-- after which I just gave up on them. This was my first time trying to purchase from them, so the experience has pretty much soured me off them.

There's no way $115 is a legitimate price on the 11B. MSRP is way higher than that so either this guy has improper connections or he has his pricing confused with the VF-1.

If you guys were paying attention to his other listings of the VF-11B you would notice that he has more listed at normal pre-order price. I'm guessing he is trying to accumulate funds and promote sales.

Bunch of thieves? Why would you said that? Actually, I put down a pre-order for the VF-11B expecting that they would charge the correct price on payment, but instead they just cancelled ALL the pre-orders and asked me to re-pre-order-- by the time I got the email the pre-orders were all filled-- after which I just gave up on them. This was my first time trying to purchase from them, so the experience has pretty much soured me off them.

I would call 1999.co.jp thieves because I bought a Q-rau from them that they sent to the wrong address, wouldn't reship to me, refused to refund me, and refused to respond to my emails. So I was down the amount of a Yamato Q-rau. That's why I call them thieves and they are in the blacklist under "Hobby Search".

Mmmmm, can't wait to see more pics of the VF-11B goodness...

Had a chance to examine and transform a VF-11B test shot yesterday

Transformation was fairly easy, only one tricky area.

The toy looks fantastic and feels pretty solid.

Several aspects of the transformation are quite ingenious, especially the heatshield.

Light years ahead of the old 1/72 scale version. IMO.

Really looking forward to this even more now.

Graham

Were they able to make the vertical stabilizers much larger than what was shown in the initial promo shots? Also, how does it compare, sizewise, with Yamato's 1/60 YF-21 & YF-19?

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Had a chance to examine and transform a VF-11B test shot yesterday

Transformation was fairly easy, only one tricky area.

The toy looks fantastic and feels pretty solid.

Several aspects of the transformation are quite ingenious, especially the heatshield.

Graham

I am sure it is much better than the old 1/72 version.

However, I am still disappointed with the small tail fins.

I also hope the main body color would be a 'warm' gray rather than a 'cool' gray .

I am just using a old pic from member anime52k8 to show what I mean.

post-10429-1234146032_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping the battroid would look better with some good posing... the fighter mode is letting me down more. I think it looks like Yamato elevated the cockpit position so it looks kind of like a bird more than a fighter. I also think the canopy area is a bit to bubbly and could be more sleek... still hoping that I'll be more impressed by it in person.

push the canopy down, the bottom of the cockpit pushes out from the bottom of the fuselage and the heatshield pops into place?

In theory - yes.

In reality: push the canopy down, and the legs fall off :)

Pete (just kidding!)

My eyes keep fixating on the shield in fighter mode or rather how it's not level with the shoulder plates and also reveals a gap because it's too low. Seems like it could be corrected by making the shield a tad thicker unless the arms are just not locked in the right place.

My eyes keep fixating on the shield in fighter mode or rather how it's not level with the shoulder plates and also reveals a gap because it's too low. Seems like it could be corrected by making the shield a tad thicker unless the arms are just not locked in the right place.

Might just be a prototype pic so the final version should be better. The 1/72 was ok in that respect so I'd expect the 1/60 to be the same, if not better.