Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

LOL, he said, "pink pecker"... anyways, the VF-11 is one of my favorite Valks in all the series. Till then, I'll take a few sack lunches to work to save up, perhaps to buy a couple of them.

Those tailfins suck and this sculpt only looks a tad bit better than the original from 7+ years ago. The only improvements I see are articulated fingers, and thigh swivels. When Yamato made their 1/60 YF-21 and YF-19, both were huge improvements over the 1/72 versions(despite criticisms I have voiced earlier in their respective threads), this sadly is not the case here. I hope we are looking at an extremely early mockup, otherwise this is disappointing. The small vertical tail fins drew the most criticism on the first VF-11(that and the broken hips), and on here, the tail fins are just a little bit bigger.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I really like it so far, I'd like to see a front version in Bat mode to see how wide it is. Those tailfins are a lot bigger actually, deployed on the old 1/72 they barely stuck out above the wings when viewed from the front. I really like the sculpt on the head too.

I'm slightly concerned with the hips though, it looks like the range of motion may be a little restricted, though I suppose there are several valks that suffer that in some form.

Looks like we have a 2 piece heatshield too. I'm curious exactly how it moves into place.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Those tailfins suck and this sculpt only looks a tad bit better than the original from 7+ years ago. The only improvements I see are articulated fingers, and thigh swivels. When Yamato made their 1/60 YF-21 and YF-19, both were huge improvements over the 1/72 versions(despite criticisms I have voiced earlier in their respective threads), this sadly is not the case here. I hope we are looking at an extremely early mockup, otherwise this is disappointing. The small vertical tail fins drew the most criticism on the first VF-11(that and the broken hips), and on here, the tail fins are just a little bit bigger.

You're smoking crack. Go over to anymoon and look at the 1/72 vf-11 again. fighter mode was a gappy, ill fitting mess. fins on the legs were way too small Shoulders stuck out way too far in battroid mode and it was made worse by the overly large canards that yamato tacked on trying to hide the fugly shoulder hinges. The whole thing was top heave with short legs making it look short and stocky and the feet were laughably small, not to mention the small FAST packs.

the 1/60 obviously fails the large tail fins but fixes almost everything else and includes a retractable heatshield and articulated proportional feet.

http://anymoon.com/blog/2008/05/12/yamato-...stpack-edition/

You're smoking crack.

WTF?

Go over to anymoon and look at the 1/72 vf-11 again.

Don't need to. I already have a 1/72 VF-11.

the 1/60 obviously fails the large tail fins but fixes almost everything else and includes a retractable heatshield and articulated proportional feet.

And the tiny tail fins were still the thing everyone complained about most besides the hips, and the main thing I personally hated, I didn't mind the other problems you mentioned.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

WTF?

Don't need to. I already have a 1/72 VF-11.

And the tiny tail fins were still the thing everyone complained about most besides the hips, and the main thing I personally hated, I didn't mind the other problems you mentioned.

" The only improvements I see are articulated fingers, and thigh swivels." if those are the only things you noticed than it's no wonder the Dx looks good to you. ^_^

Hmmmm, this is dangerous. People defending the VF-25 are going to start making huge stinks about slight problems with the VF-11B....

EDIT - that said, if you do a lineart comparison I'd be pretty interested to see where this bad boy takes liberties ('cause I'm sure it does)

Edited by jenius

Hmmmm, this is dangerous. People defending the VF-25 are going to start making huge stinks about slight problems with the VF-11B....

EDIT - that said, if you do a lineart comparison I'd be pretty interested to see where this bad boy takes liberties ('cause I'm sure it does)

you're post is a few minutes late, it's already started.

Small tail fins for one.

Contrary to what you might think, the small tail fins were a problem to me on the first VF-11 Yamato made, and still don't look large enough now. I would think that 7+ years later that they could at least fix that, especially since Kawamori always emphasizes the fighter mode. It is not like this is the first time Yamato has made a VF-11 toy. They accomplished the difficult task of making the YF-21 sleek in fighter mode even with FAST packs on(1/60), yet years later, cannot find a way to make the vertical stabilizers(tail fins) big enough on the VF-11. It's already been said that Kawamori himself retconned the size of the VF-11 to be bigger. I would actually not mind if he retconned the way the vertical stabilizers were stored in battroid, hell as inaccurate as this would be, I wouldn't care if Yamato just opted to leave out the sliding mechanism, and just folded the vertical stabilizers downwards towards the outside of the the leg. That way, the landing gear have more than enough clearance within for storage. Thigh swivels were a given, I like that those points of articulation are there however I am not surprised.

Sorry but it looks too chunky to me. The nose and the front fuselage are too short and thick :(

Proportion wise the 1/72 fighter looks better to me. Hope the 1/60 grows on me.

The YF-21 is perfect but this VF-11 should be sleeker!!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

OMG...looks good for me, the tailfin are small, I guess it was the only way to have them fit inside the legg on transformation

the back shot in battroid looks perfect, fighter looks good and much much sleeker than the 1/72 but I'd like more shots

but I'm quite satisfied with how it looks, the VF-11 does have a huge head laser...

the knees are not line art accurate, I guess Yamato took it upon themself the knee movement for a proper Gerwalk pose, I can live with this

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Sorry but it looks too chunkey to me. The nose and the front fuselage are too short and thick :(

Proportion wise the 1/72 fighter looks better to me. Hope the 1/60 grows on me.

The YF-21 is perfect but this VF-11 should be sleeker!!!

yeah, I think the stubby nose and short fighter mode is a compromise for battroid. The legs would have to be much longer for fighter mode to look right.

And apparently that long head laser is right, at least according to the line art.

yeah, I think the stubby nose and short fighter mode is a compromise for battroid. The legs would have to be much longer for fighter mode to look right.

And apparently that long head laser is right, at least according to the line art.

I guess I'm too used to the 1/72 (I actually love fighter mode). And the sleekness of the YF-21 has spoiled me.

I'm glad people like it but it's not love at first sight for me :mellow:

I guess I'm too used to the 1/72 (I actually love fighter mode). And the sleekness of the YF-21 has spoiled me.

I'm glad people like it but it's not love at first sight for me :mellow:

I think battroid looks good, pretty anime accurate but fighter mode does look stubby for a variety of reasons including the short tail fins.