Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Personally, and I know I'm probably in the minority here, I'd rather have smaller fins than have the entire leg open up. The truth of the matter is that I could see them going this route though. If memory serves the only way to get the fins out on the old one was to deploy the landing gears to push them out enough to get your fingers on em. Truthfully though, the fins are in no way a deal breaker for me, this is easily my favorite valk (regardless of fin size) and unless it looks terrible (which I doubt based on Yammies most current releases) I'll be scooping it up.

when did Yamato get angry at Graham??

There was also the time I posted a picture of a totally unrelated garage kit YF-19. Somebody at Yamato thought it was a stolen picture of their prototype for the original (never released) version 2 YF-19 (which it wasn't).

:)

Edited by ComicKaze

There was also the time I posted a picture of a totally unrelated garage kit YF-19. Somebody at Yamato thought it was a stolen picture of their prototype for the original (never released) version 2 YF-19 (which it wasn't).

:)

There was a whole ugly period where Yamato cut Graham out of the loop because of things that happened here on MW. None of it was really his fault, but certain peoples, most of whom are now long gone, thankfully, got hold of sensitive info about Yamato, and their then upcoming toys, including prototype photos and posted them. Yamato got ticked as a result, hey industrial espianouge is a big deal, and stopped talking to Graham for a while, which may be one of the reasons we never got 2-seater 1:48s. I'm sure Graham can fill in all the ugly details, but I think it was right around the time that the YF-19 was announced that he was allowed back into Yamato's good graces and we are all now very careful about not posting possibly leaked pictures around here as a result.

Based upon the past few releases, I'll have to go with B, the VF-11B looks so amazing it will burn out our retinas. :) Great looking VF-0, Fantastic YF-19, badass SV-51, fantastic YF-21, awesome VF-1 v2.

Worrisome that Graham has been left out of the loop for the moment. :(

So the my guess now is either A. The VF-11 looks so bad they want to hide it and pretend it never existed or B. It's so amazing that one look at a completed model will burn out our retinas.

..or it could be the hobby magazines themselves have paid to have the exclusive info about upcoming toys so in order to sell those mags (in an age of the internet where print is threatened) they must not have info revealed until they get their mags out there first. I can see the internet affecting sales of the magazines so everything is organised and timed to be revealed at certain times to give them a chance.

..or it could be the hobby magazines themselves have paid to have the exclusive info about upcoming toys so in order to sell those mags (in an age of the internet where print is threatened) they must not have info revealed until they get their mags out there first. I can see the internet affecting sales of the magazines so everything is organised and timed to be revealed at certain times to give them a chance.

quick, let's shell out some money to give it to Graham so he can get us tiny pics on an oversize frame from yamato, haha :lol:

Really though I can wait. I'm wondering what is happening with the VF-0 redo which is suposed to have the arms/shoulders fixed up.

yeah, there's just so much stuff coming out that if it takes them a while to get this bird ready, I won't mind in the slightest. Especially if it means bigger tail fins. :p

Really though I can wait. I'm wondering what is happening with the VF-0 redo which is suposed to have the arms/shoulders fixed up.

I got another e-mail update from me mate at Overdrive and they said it's been pushed back again.

Yamato i just hope with the hectic schedule you give your super dupa QC guy the time he needs to check everything thru.

Or it will be "All for Nought!" :lol: gg spaceballs.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still no updates, sneak previews???? Bummer..... :(

a bit of news, from Yamato's latest newsletter...

Q:1/60のVF-1D、VF-11Bはいつ頃発売ですか?

A:まだ正確な時期は未定ですが、VF-1Dは来年2月頃、VF-11Bは来年春を予定し

ております。

Google translate:

Q: 1 / 60 of the VF-1D, VF-11B will be released around the ashes?

A: we do not have yet the exact time, VF-1D in February next year, VF-11B is scheduled for next spring.

I guess we should see a prototype anytime soon...

ております。

Google translate:

A: we do not have yet the exact time, VF-1D in February next year, VF-11B is scheduled for next spring.

Great news!!! I just wish it could be sooner.

I wonder if Yamato will release all the armaments for the YF-11.

Awesome news!!! So, I have some time to save up my poker winnings for the VF-11. I'm surprised there are absolutely no pics of this thing under development. C'mon Yamato, that's what talks to our wallets, the pics.!!!

ております。

Google translate:

Great news. Looking forward the 1/60 VF11B very much. I really hope Yamato will make a white colour version too, I always think VF-11B looks better in white than 'grey'.

Next spring in Japan means - between March and May.

GIve me a few months to save up for that! B))

Sweeeeeet. This is probably the 2nd most interesting thing i want to happen next year, with the Reactive or VF-0D equal 1st.

Of confirmation of the Armour (fast packs should be a given) would sweeten and excite the deal.

I want a Focker scheme VF-1 (isn't that Mac 7?) Gotta watch macross 7 as i really dig the GNU VF-11 new scheme.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Very eager to see how the VF-11 looks.

Yeah, no kidding. It's about time to get some spy shots I would think. The 21 has been out for a while now and the V.2 VF-1's have been around and not much of a stretch for them from a design standpoint.

I want a 1/60 VF-11 bad! Come on Yamato tease me a little