Super Dimension Century Orguss

I just downloaded the main theme of The Super Dimension Century Orguss TV series...

Here are the lyrics...

HYOURYUU ~SKY HURRICANE~

Lyricist = Miura Kousuke_

Composer / Arranger / Singer = Casey Rankin

Shiroi yami no naka de hisoka ni toki wa nagarete

Asai nemuri no naka tooku ni kimi no hohoemi

Miushinatta kokoro no tabiji

Where are you going,

When are you coming home?

Hikari afureru mirai motomete wow

Where are you going,

Toki no nagare norikoe kono oozora kakenuke

Kono te de tsukurou atarashii sekai to ai no uta wo

Sora no hikari ukete meguru omoide tadoreba

Utsurou toki no kanata tooku ni kimi no kirameki

Tabidatsu no wa ima...

Where are you going,

Hikari afureru mezame motomete wow

Where are you going,

Toki no nagare norikoe kono oozora tsukinuke

Kono te de tsukurou kagayaku sekai Oh yeah

Where are you going,

Hikari afureru mirai motomete wow

Where are you going,

Toki no nagare norikoe kono oozora kakenuke

Kono te de tsukurou atarashii sekai to ai no uta wo

Inochi no honoo moyashitsukushite

Kawarihateta kono sekai de

Kokoro no tobira minna de hiraite

Hibikaseru no sa atsui utagoe......

Can somebody translate the lyrics plz...? ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I've always wondered about this series. Always loved the toys (who didn't own some variation of it?) Still waiting for a new version of that toy to come along (even though the old one holds up pretty darn good!)...

But how is the series? Worth watching? Are there any new toys coming out? (Besides MH's $40 micro-toy?)

Edited by fifbeat

I've always wondered about this series. Always loved the toys (who didn't own some variation of it?) Still waiting for a new version of that toy to come along (even though the old one holds up pretty darn good!)...

But how is the series? Worth watching? Are there any new toys coming out? (Besides MH's $40 micro-toy?)

Well, I have watched some episodes and I must say that the plot is pretty different from anything broadcasted at the time (And even today I believe). Instead of dealing with space wars or alien invasions like most space opera shows, Orguss is more about dimensional space/time travel and multiple realities. Is pretty hard sci-fi if u ask me. I read somewhere that it was the reason for its lower ratings than Macross.

The character designs by Haruhiko Mikimoto are very nicely done and the mecha by Kazutaka Miyatake are also superb. Both artists worked together in SDF Macross before Orguss.

HELL YES!

By the way, I have the Orguss Memorials on an nth generation copied VHS tape, which is rapidly aging...were those ever released on DVD...?

It was released on DVD from Imaginasian. They had some kind of odd burn-on-demand release plan and it was only available exclusively from Imaginasian or Rightstuf

There aren't nearly enough Orguss toys out there. I love the old Takatoku Orgroid and even the tiny Megahouse Orgroid, but there needs to be some choices between those. I'd love to see what Bandai or even Yamato would do with the license.

By the way, I have the Orguss Memorials on an nth generation copied VHS tape, which is rapidly aging...were those ever released on DVD...?

Regrettably those have never been released on DVD or even LD. What exactly is on those tapes anyways? Is it to Orguss what Macross Mech Graffiti was to Macross?

The character designs by Haruhiko Mikimoto are very nicely done and the mecha by Kazutaka Miyatake are also superb. Both artists worked together in SDF Macross before Orguss.

Well, Orguss was made by Studio NUE and pretty much the exact same team than SDFM minus Kawamori.

I saw the series about a year ago - I greatly enjoyed it I must say. Its very reminiscnent of Macross in term of style - you can just feel the Studio NUE vibe :lol: (though you can definitly the lack of Kawamori as far as mecha goes).

Also it was funny because Kentaro Hanedo ripped of quite of a bit of his own Space Adventure Cobra music and put it in Orguss :lol:

It's a great series anyway.

Orguss 02 however is just meh. That's the Macross II of Orguss, except worse.

-Sergorn

Orguss Memorials are 2 OVA's released in the 80's. They are both recap episodes told from the point of view of a different character.

Always wanted to watch them. Anyone have these on LD or VHS?

I have them on VHS...somewhere. But it was a copy of a copy of a copy...so probably not worth the time it would take to dig into my storage space and find it...

Thanks for the info, did they include any new animation?

I don't think so...if there was, it was nothing too dramatic.

Orguss is definitely worth watching!

Sadly, I only own a few Orguss items. I have two art books and the LP record of the soundtrack. I also have a CD copy of the soundtrack that a friend of mine burned for me. I saw the actual CD in Japan when I was there in April, but they wanted a fairly large amount of money for it.

Orguss 02 however is just meh. That's the Macross II of Orguss, except worse.

I actually enjoyed Orguss 02 quite a bit and thought it was 100 times better than the dreck that was Macross II!

Can anyone give me a quick review of the MH Orguss toys?

If you're talking about MH's Palm Action Orguss...

Somewhat floppy with a transformation that is difficult to complete. I think it's just too small a toy to work in a smooth transformation mechanism.

I couldn't even get to decent gerwalk mode.

That said, it looks quite nice in robot mode.

Edited by Vifam7

Well, Orguss was made by Studio NUE and pretty much the exact same team than SDFM minus Kawamori.

I saw the series about a year ago - I greatly enjoyed it I must say. Its very reminiscnent of Macross in term of style - you can just feel the Studio NUE vibe :lol: (though you can definitly the lack of Kawamori as far as mecha goes).

And still the mecha are great looking. No wonder Shoji Kawamori himself has said that Kazutaka Miyatake is one of his main influences. I find some similarities in the main Orguss mecha and later Kawamori VF designs...

post-7862-1214022883_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1214022900_thumb.jpg

I watched a little bit of Orguss subtitled way back when but never finished it because the place I was renting the tapes from didn't have anything past video 3. :(

I loved Orguss 02. I loved the music in the dubbed version, and blew multiple blood vessels when I finally acquired the soundtrack after a ten year search, only to discover that the music in the dub replaced everything that was in the original Japanese. And I didn't like the original music on the cd soundtrack. And Orguss 02 beats Macross II for me hands down. Manning is an awesome douchebag. :)

I'm gonna get this series after I finish watching SDF Macross and Mospeada.

There's something cool about old school Anime. I can't explain it. It's like the stuff is so retro that it is triple cool today.

The new stuff is too splashy. Too state of the art. Too serious for its own good.

I'm gonna get this series after I finish watching SDF Macross and Mospeada.

There's something cool about old school Anime. I can't explain it. It's like the stuff is so retro that it is triple cool today.

The new stuff is too splashy. Too state of the art. Too serious for its own good.

You should watch Zambot 3 sometime... ^_^

I actually enjoyed Orguss 02 quite a bit and thought it was 100 times better than the dreck that was Macross II!

I thought Orguss 02 was decent in itself - like Macross II all in all. But it just.... didn't felt like Orguss. While Macross II for all its flaws still felt Macross-ish in many aspect. Also I really wasn't fond of the character design - I wished Mikimoto had been more involved rather than just doing some basic character design - it looked like a bastardisation of its work.

Eck anyway I dunno... I just felt a sequel to Orgus was a poor idea in the first place anyway.

-Sergorn

There aren't nearly enough Orguss toys out there. I love the old Takatoku Orgroid and even the tiny Megahouse Orgroid, but there needs to be some choices between those. I'd love to see what Bandai or even Yamato would do with the license.

I remember I saw the Olson Special Orguss (the green and brown one) in an 80s Mexican Transformers toyline... It was called "Transformables" from the "Ensueño" toy company...

Damn!!! I totally should have bought that!!!!! :unsure:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I remember I saw the Olson Special Orguss (the green and brown one) in an 80s Mexican Transformers toyline... It was called "Transformables" from the "Ensueño" toy company...

Damn!!! I totally should have bought that!!!!! :unsure:

Me, I wish I hadn't broken my old 1/60 Hikaru-type VF-1J that came in a box that proudly proclaimed "SPACE GANDAM V"!

I also wish I hadn't tried to make all the old Orguss model kits that I got for three bucks each at Karl's Toys in '85...my pre-teen model building skills were iffy at best...

You should watch Zambot 3 sometime...

lol watched the first episode. Have you seen the whole series? I heard it has a real downbeat ending...

Feels like something I can get into for sure.

I'm afraid to watch it in a way... i might have to buy the toy!

lol watched the first episode. Have you seen the whole series? I heard it has a real downbeat ending...

Feels like something I can get into for sure.

I'm afraid to watch it in a way... i might have to buy the toy!

Yeah...the ending is a downer, but it's also full of AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, the middle of the series sags a bit, but luckily, it's a pretty short series.

And the toy isn't TOO expensive...it's less than the SoC Ideon, at any rate...now THAT's a toy that I want (but can't justify purchasing).

^_^

The model kits were awesome too...

post-7862-1214810979_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

• 1 month later...

This might be old news, but since there are a million Orguss threads already I don't want to search through all of them, so I'll just post here.

ORGUSS IS BACK, BABY!!

Well, kind of. In video game form.

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2008/06...obot-wars-z-pv/

Not sure what platform this is, but anyway, Super Robot Wars actually makes sense now! (It seems they use the Orguss concept of parallel universes beig jumbled up together, which is cool.)

Other interesting appearances include Eureka Seven and Aquarion. B))